One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
The lost 10 tribes of Israel
Page 1 of 8 next> last>>
Oct 18, 2021 07:50:24   #
sabath
 
When God made a covenant with Abram,That was the beginning of the nation of Israel. The Bible was written for and about the scepter and the birthright of Israel, which began in 1800-1803
And the 13th tribe of Joseph's sons. America!

Reply
Oct 21, 2021 20:44:00   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
sabath wrote:
When God made a covenant with Abram,That was the beginning of the nation of Israel. The Bible was written for and about the scepter and the birthright of Israel, which began in 1800-1803
And the 13th tribe of Joseph's sons. America!


Isn't this a theory by a fringe group of white nationalists???

Reply
Oct 22, 2021 08:21:15   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
sabath wrote:
When God made a covenant with Abram,That was the beginning of the nation of Israel. The Bible was written for and about the scepter and the birthright of Israel, which began in 1800-1803
And the 13th tribe of Joseph's sons. America!


This is a subject that has been fought over for many many years. I don’t believe the tribes are lost. God knows exactly where his chosen are. This article gives an overview of what some people believe happened to these “lost” tribes.

I have a question for anyone, a question that I admit that I don’t have enough knowledge to answer myself……In this day and age, why is it not possible to prove by using DNA from a large enough sampling from Americans, English Anglo-Saxons, American Indians, Japanese, or any of the other groups that claim that they are descendants of one of the lost tribes?

https://www.gotquestions.org/lost-tribes-Israel.html

What happened to the lost tribes of Israel?

ANSWER

When people refer to the “lost tribes of Israel,” they usually have in mind the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom that fell to Assyria about 722 BC. These tribes are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, and Joseph (whose tribe was divided into the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh). Most of the people of the Northern Kingdom were deported to ancient Assyria (2 Kings 17:6). Many of the Jews who remained in the land intermarried with people from Cutha, Ava, Hamath, and Sepharvaim who had been sent by the Assyrian king to inhabit Samaria (2 Kings 17:24; Ezra 4:2–11). Thus, the story goes, the ten northern tribes of Israel were “lost” to history and either wiped out or assimilated into other people groups. This narrative, however, is based on inference and assumption rather than on direct biblical teaching.

There are many mysteries, legends, and traditions as to what happened to the ten “lost” tribes of Israel. One legend says that the ten tribes migrated to Europe (the Danube River, they say, got its name from the tribe of Dan). Another legend says the tribes migrated all the way to England and that all Anglo-Saxons today are actually Jews—this is a teaching of the heretical British Israelism. A surprising number of groups around the world claim to have descended from the “lost” tribes: there are people in India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and North America who all claim such ancestry. Other theories equate the Japanese or the American Indians with the ten “lost” tribes of Israel.

The truth is that the “lost tribes of Israel” were never really lost. Many of the Jews who remained in the land after the Assyrian conquest re-united with Judah in the south (2 Chronicles 34:6–9). Assyria was later conquered by Babylon, who went on to invade the Southern Kingdom of Israel, deporting the two remaining tribes: Judah and Benjamin (2 Kings 25:21). Remnants of the northern tribes would have thus been part of the Babylonian deportations. Seventy years later, when King Cyrus allowed the Israelites to return to Israel (Ezra 1), many (from all twelve tribes) returned to Israel to rebuild their homeland.

The idea that ten tribes of Israel were “lost” is false. God knows where all twelve tribes are, and, as the Bible itself proves, they are all accounted for. In the end times, God will call out witnesses from each of the twelve tribes (Revelation 7:4–8). So, obviously, God has been keeping track of who belongs to what tribe.

In the Gospels, the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36) was from the tribe of Asher (one of the ten supposedly lost tribes). Anna wasn’t lost at all. Both Zechariah and Elisabeth—and therefore John the Baptist—are from the tribe of Levi (Luke 1:5). Jesus promises the disciples that they will “sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” (Luke 22:30). Paul, who knows he is from the tribe of Benjamin (Romans 11:1), speaks of “the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night” (Acts 26:7)—note the present tense. James addresses his epistle “to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations” (James 1:1). In short, there is ample evidence in Scripture that all twelve tribes of Israel are still in existence and will be in the Messianic kingdom. None of them are lost.

Reply
 
 
Oct 22, 2021 21:22:10   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
TexaCan wrote:
This is a subject that has been fought over for many many years. I don’t believe the tribes are lost. God knows exactly where his chosen are. This article gives an overview of what some people believe happened to these “lost” tribes.

I have a question for anyone, a question that I admit that I don’t have enough knowledge to answer myself……In this day and age, why is it not possible to prove by using DNA from a large enough sampling from Americans, English Anglo-Saxons, American Indians, Japanese, or any of the other groups that claim that they are descendants of one of the lost tribes?

https://www.gotquestions.org/lost-tribes-Israel.html

What happened to the lost tribes of Israel?

ANSWER

When people refer to the “lost tribes of Israel,” they usually have in mind the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom that fell to Assyria about 722 BC. These tribes are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, and Joseph (whose tribe was divided into the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh). Most of the people of the Northern Kingdom were deported to ancient Assyria (2 Kings 17:6). Many of the Jews who remained in the land intermarried with people from Cutha, Ava, Hamath, and Sepharvaim who had been sent by the Assyrian king to inhabit Samaria (2 Kings 17:24; Ezra 4:2–11). Thus, the story goes, the ten northern tribes of Israel were “lost” to history and either wiped out or assimilated into other people groups. This narrative, however, is based on inference and assumption rather than on direct biblical teaching.

There are many mysteries, legends, and traditions as to what happened to the ten “lost” tribes of Israel. One legend says that the ten tribes migrated to Europe (the Danube River, they say, got its name from the tribe of Dan). Another legend says the tribes migrated all the way to England and that all Anglo-Saxons today are actually Jews—this is a teaching of the heretical British Israelism. A surprising number of groups around the world claim to have descended from the “lost” tribes: there are people in India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and North America who all claim such ancestry. Other theories equate the Japanese or the American Indians with the ten “lost” tribes of Israel.

The truth is that the “lost tribes of Israel” were never really lost. Many of the Jews who remained in the land after the Assyrian conquest re-united with Judah in the south (2 Chronicles 34:6–9). Assyria was later conquered by Babylon, who went on to invade the Southern Kingdom of Israel, deporting the two remaining tribes: Judah and Benjamin (2 Kings 25:21). Remnants of the northern tribes would have thus been part of the Babylonian deportations. Seventy years later, when King Cyrus allowed the Israelites to return to Israel (Ezra 1), many (from all twelve tribes) returned to Israel to rebuild their homeland.

The idea that ten tribes of Israel were “lost” is false. God knows where all twelve tribes are, and, as the Bible itself proves, they are all accounted for. In the end times, God will call out witnesses from each of the twelve tribes (Revelation 7:4–8). So, obviously, God has been keeping track of who belongs to what tribe.

In the Gospels, the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36) was from the tribe of Asher (one of the ten supposedly lost tribes). Anna wasn’t lost at all. Both Zechariah and Elisabeth—and therefore John the Baptist—are from the tribe of Levi (Luke 1:5). Jesus promises the disciples that they will “sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” (Luke 22:30). Paul, who knows he is from the tribe of Benjamin (Romans 11:1), speaks of “the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night” (Acts 26:7)—note the present tense. James addresses his epistle “to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations” (James 1:1). In short, there is ample evidence in Scripture that all twelve tribes of Israel are still in existence and will be in the Messianic kingdom. None of them are lost.
This is a subject that has been fought over for ma... (show quote)



Reply
Oct 23, 2021 13:14:28   #
Sew_What
 
sabath wrote:
When God made a covenant with Abram,That was the beginning of the nation of Israel. The Bible was written for and about the scepter and the birthright of Israel, which began in 1800-1803
And the 13th tribe of Joseph's sons. America!


Who cares?

Reply
Oct 23, 2021 18:19:51   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
Sew_What wrote:
Who cares?


Still seeking attention, I see! 😉

Reply
Oct 29, 2021 09:10:53   #
sabath
 
Judea is not part of the lost 10 tribes! The first time the "Jews" were mentioned, Judea was at war with Israel. They became two different nations, with two different kings.
the Jews were given the Scepter, the birth right was given Israel, read-Gen.48 about Jacob.

Reply
 
 
Oct 30, 2021 10:32:55   #
sabath
 
You will care

Reply
Oct 30, 2021 10:36:41   #
sabath
 
this is not a theory, it's in the Holy Bible!

Reply
Oct 30, 2021 19:16:14   #
Ginny_Dandy Loc: Pacific Northwest
 
TexaCan wrote:
This is a subject that has been fought over for many many years. I don’t believe the tribes are lost. God knows exactly where his chosen are. This article gives an overview of what some people believe happened to these “lost” tribes.

I have a question for anyone, a question that I admit that I don’t have enough knowledge to answer myself……In this day and age, why is it not possible to prove by using DNA from a large enough sampling from Americans, English Anglo-Saxons, American Indians, Japanese, or any of the other groups that claim that they are descendants of one of the lost tribes?

https://www.gotquestions.org/lost-tribes-Israel.html

What happened to the lost tribes of Israel?

ANSWER

When people refer to the “lost tribes of Israel,” they usually have in mind the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom that fell to Assyria about 722 BC. These tribes are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, and Joseph (whose tribe was divided into the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh). Most of the people of the Northern Kingdom were deported to ancient Assyria (2 Kings 17:6). Many of the Jews who remained in the land intermarried with people from Cutha, Ava, Hamath, and Sepharvaim who had been sent by the Assyrian king to inhabit Samaria (2 Kings 17:24; Ezra 4:2–11). Thus, the story goes, the ten northern tribes of Israel were “lost” to history and either wiped out or assimilated into other people groups. This narrative, however, is based on inference and assumption rather than on direct biblical teaching.

There are many mysteries, legends, and traditions as to what happened to the ten “lost” tribes of Israel. One legend says that the ten tribes migrated to Europe (the Danube River, they say, got its name from the tribe of Dan). Another legend says the tribes migrated all the way to England and that all Anglo-Saxons today are actually Jews—this is a teaching of the heretical British Israelism. A surprising number of groups around the world claim to have descended from the “lost” tribes: there are people in India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and North America who all claim such ancestry. Other theories equate the Japanese or the American Indians with the ten “lost” tribes of Israel.

The truth is that the “lost tribes of Israel” were never really lost. Many of the Jews who remained in the land after the Assyrian conquest re-united with Judah in the south (2 Chronicles 34:6–9). Assyria was later conquered by Babylon, who went on to invade the Southern Kingdom of Israel, deporting the two remaining tribes: Judah and Benjamin (2 Kings 25:21). Remnants of the northern tribes would have thus been part of the Babylonian deportations. Seventy years later, when King Cyrus allowed the Israelites to return to Israel (Ezra 1), many (from all twelve tribes) returned to Israel to rebuild their homeland.

The idea that ten tribes of Israel were “lost” is false. God knows where all twelve tribes are, and, as the Bible itself proves, they are all accounted for. In the end times, God will call out witnesses from each of the twelve tribes (Revelation 7:4–8). So, obviously, God has been keeping track of who belongs to what tribe.

In the Gospels, the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36) was from the tribe of Asher (one of the ten supposedly lost tribes). Anna wasn’t lost at all. Both Zechariah and Elisabeth—and therefore John the Baptist—are from the tribe of Levi (Luke 1:5). Jesus promises the disciples that they will “sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” (Luke 22:30). Paul, who knows he is from the tribe of Benjamin (Romans 11:1), speaks of “the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night” (Acts 26:7)—note the present tense. James addresses his epistle “to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations” (James 1:1). In short, there is ample evidence in Scripture that all twelve tribes of Israel are still in existence and will be in the Messianic kingdom. None of them are lost.
This is a subject that has been fought over for ma... (show quote)


The problem stems from the fact that the evil Jews, those like the Pharisees and Scribes, re-wrote the Bible, inserting themselves in place of the tribe of Judah. This was done in the 18th century, and has now confused and confounded new students of the Bible. The "holy" book of these evil Jews is the Talmud, which they wrote - like our legislators write "laws for thee but not for me" today.

"Jonathan Williams recorded in his "LEGIONS OF SATAN," 1781, that Cornwallis revealed to Washington that "a holy war will now begin on America, and when it is ended America will be supposedly the citadel of freedom, but her millions will unknowingly be loyal subjects to the Crown."

Cornwallis went on to explain what would seem a contradiction:
"Your churches will be used to teach the Jew's religion and in less than two hundred years the whole nation will be working for divine world government. That government that they believe to be divine will be the British Empire. All religions will be permeated with Judaism without even being noticed by the masses, and they will all be under the invisible all-seeing eye of the Grand Architect of Freemasonry."
http://fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/history/zionism/news.php?q=1316095281

The tribes of Israel (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel) migrated to Europe. That's why the Apostles were sent to Europe to preach the gospel.

http://fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/history/zionism/news.php?q=1316095281
JESUS WAS NOT A Jew

"Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon."

"This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable."

Reply
Oct 31, 2021 09:12:27   #
Parky60 Loc: People's Republic of Illinois
 
Ginny_Dandy wrote:
JESUS WAS NOT A Jew

None of your "research" contains any evidence showing Jesus was not a Jew. BUT, there is much scripitual evidence that He WAS. And do you actually think that the God of the universe would do something like this to purposefully mislead people? Sounds more like the the father of lies.

You claim that Jesus of Nazareth was never really a Jew. However, a brief look at Scripture makes it obvious that Jesus could have been nothing but a Jew.

There is much proof that Jesus was, in fact, Jewish. The very first verse of the New Testament clearly proclaims the Jewish ethnicity of Jesus: "The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham" (Matthew 1:1).

First, the name "Jesus" has clear Hebrew origins. Jesus is a transliteration of the Hebrew word Joshua, which is why some refer to Him as "Yeshua." The name means "Yahweh is salvation."

Second, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, a town occupied by Jewish people. Bethlehem had long been a Jewish settlement known as the city of David.

Third, Jesus' earthly parents were from Nazareth, a city of Jewish people. It is undeniable that first-century Nazareth was a small Jewish town.

Fourth, Jesus was born at the time of a census that required Jews to return to the towns of their ancestry. Joseph would not have traveled with a pregnant wife to Bethlehem for the census unless he was Jewish. Mary the mother of Jesus also had a Jewish ancestry. Luke's genealogy of Jesus likely traces Mary's side of the family and shows a connection to David and the tribe of Judah. Jesus' aunt and uncle, Zechariah and Elizabeth, were also Torah-observant Jews (Luke 1:6). Zechariah was a priest. The whole family took their Jewish faith very seriously. Hebrews 7:14 states, "For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah."

Fifth, Jesus was taken to the temple as an infant according to the Jewish law of Moses (Luke 2:22).

Sixth, Jesus was at the Jewish temple as a child according to Jewish custom (Luke 2:41-52).

Seventh, Jesus observed Jewish customs as an adult. He attended the synagogue on the Sabbath, traveled to Jerusalem for Passover, and told those He healed of skin disease to present themselves to the priests as required by the Law of Moses. Everything in the Gospel accounts indicates that Jesus was a Torah-observant, Sabbath-abiding Jewish man.

If you're going to argue against the Jewish heritage of Jesus, you must provide alternative answers to these seven historical facts. The burden of proof lies on you who is contradicting the Bible's clear evidence in this matter.

Reply
 
 
Oct 31, 2021 10:23:39   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Excellent response, Parky.

All those inexplicably overt anti-Semitic, anti-Jewish, anti-Israeli, anti-Zionist individuals upon the earth who somehow believe themselves saved by the sacrificial Jewish blood shed upon Calvary's cross by Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, He, who was crowned "King of the Jews" on the day of His crucifixion, - need to be preparing a really good explanation of their earthly stance denying Him as God's Holy Scripture reveals Him to be.

Jesus, eternally the Son of God, eternally 2nd in the Triune Godhead, not only was born a Jew when He took on His physical body here on earth as the Son of Man, fully God, fully man; Jesus is a Jew.

Jesus' glorified body, in which He was resurrected, in which He ascended to Heaven from the Mount of Olives, and in which He now sits on a throne in Heaven, at the right hand of God the Father, as the only mediator between God and Men, IS a Jewish resurrected, glorified body, and will be so throughout eternity.



Parky60 wrote:
None of your "research" contains any evidence showing Jesus was not a Jew. BUT, there is much scripitual evidence that He WAS. And do you actually think that the God of the universe would do something like this to purposefully mislead people? Sounds more like the the father of lies.

You claim that Jesus of Nazareth was never really a Jew. However, a brief look at Scripture makes it obvious that Jesus could have been nothing but a Jew.

There is much proof that Jesus was, in fact, Jewish. The very first verse of the New Testament clearly proclaims the Jewish ethnicity of Jesus: "The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham" (Matthew 1:1).

First, the name "Jesus" has clear Hebrew origins. Jesus is a transliteration of the Hebrew word Joshua, which is why some refer to Him as "Yeshua." The name means "Yahweh is salvation."

Second, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, a town occupied by Jewish people. Bethlehem had long been a Jewish settlement known as the city of David.

Third, Jesus' earthly parents were from Nazareth, a city of Jewish people. It is undeniable that first-century Nazareth was a small Jewish town.

Fourth, Jesus was born at the time of a census that required Jews to return to the towns of their ancestry. Joseph would not have traveled with a pregnant wife to Bethlehem for the census unless he was Jewish. Mary the mother of Jesus also had a Jewish ancestry. Luke's genealogy of Jesus likely traces Mary's side of the family and shows a connection to David and the tribe of Judah. Jesus' aunt and uncle, Zechariah and Elizabeth, were also Torah-observant Jews (Luke 1:6). Zechariah was a priest. The whole family took their Jewish faith very seriously. Hebrews 7:14 states, "For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah."

Fifth, Jesus was taken to the temple as an infant according to the Jewish law of Moses (Luke 2:22).

Sixth, Jesus was at the Jewish temple as a child according to Jewish custom (Luke 2:41-52).

Seventh, Jesus observed Jewish customs as an adult. He attended the synagogue on the Sabbath, traveled to Jerusalem for Passover, and told those He healed of skin disease to present themselves to the priests as required by the Law of Moses. Everything in the Gospel accounts indicates that Jesus was a Torah-observant, Sabbath-abiding Jewish man.

If you're going to argue against the Jewish heritage of Jesus, you must provide alternative answers to these seven historical facts. The burden of proof lies on you who is contradicting the Bible's clear evidence in this matter.
None of your "research" contains any evi... (show quote)

Reply
Oct 31, 2021 10:54:20   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
The Bible was written BY the Son of God, the Living Logos, 2nd in the Trinity. He took God the Father's words, gave them to God the Holy Spirit, Who inspired the prophets of the Tanakh and the Apostles of the B'rit Hadashah to write them down as the Bible.

God chose Abram, changed his name to Abraham, and gave him and His progeny, specifically Isaac, then Jacob, a nation, Eretz Yisrael, as their permanent, eternal possession.

The Bible was written about Jesus Christ/Yeshua haMashiach, - Old Testament and New Testament, - His redemption of mankind is the theme throughout.

God created a people, the Jews, and a nation, Israel, to receive and preserve His Word; a nation through whom the Messiah would be received into the world.

The United States has been allowed to thrive for two purposes, 1) to fulfill the Great Commission given His followers by Jesus Christ, and 2) a safe haven for the Jewish people until Israel was reborn in a day, on May 14, 1948.

The U.S. is now failing at the 1st, as we teach prosperity and megachurches, not sacrifice, and have completed our role in the 2nd, and are becoming an anti-Semitic nation, - from which God will return His Jewish people to Israel.

Because we have not evangelized those nations who have been shut off from God's Word, they are now being brought into the United States by the thousands, where some will read Bibles, and hear gospel broadcasts.

The United States did not receive God's eternal Abrahamic Covenant. That belongs to Israel, it always has, always will.

THAT is in the Bible. Look it up!

Hosea 3:4-5 - "For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to His blessings in the last days."

Hosea 6:1 - "Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but He will heal us; He has injured us but He will bind up our wounds."


sabath wrote:
When God made a covenant with Abram,That was the beginning of the nation of Israel. The Bible was written for and about the scepter and the birthright of Israel, which began in 1800-1803
And the 13th tribe of Joseph's sons. America!

Reply
Oct 31, 2021 11:31:12   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Excellent summary, TexaCan.

DNA analysis is becoming more and more refined. It has been used within Israel and among many Jews who are still in the Diaspora, to refute the spurious claims that they are descended from the Khazars - who were a Turkish people, and were definitely NOT of the blood of Abraham.

There are multiple reports online, verifying that today's Jewish people, inside Israel and without, ARE descended from the Jews of the Israeli area of the Mediterranean.

Let the naysayers do their own HONEST research!


TexaCan wrote:
This is a subject that has been fought over for many many years. I don’t believe the tribes are lost. God knows exactly where his chosen are. This article gives an overview of what some people believe happened to these “lost” tribes.

I have a question for anyone, a question that I admit that I don’t have enough knowledge to answer myself……In this day and age, why is it not possible to prove by using DNA from a large enough sampling from Americans, English Anglo-Saxons, American Indians, Japanese, or any of the other groups that claim that they are descendants of one of the lost tribes?

https://www.gotquestions.org/lost-tribes-Israel.html

What happened to the lost tribes of Israel?

ANSWER

When people refer to the “lost tribes of Israel,” they usually have in mind the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom that fell to Assyria about 722 BC. These tribes are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, and Joseph (whose tribe was divided into the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh). Most of the people of the Northern Kingdom were deported to ancient Assyria (2 Kings 17:6). Many of the Jews who remained in the land intermarried with people from Cutha, Ava, Hamath, and Sepharvaim who had been sent by the Assyrian king to inhabit Samaria (2 Kings 17:24; Ezra 4:2–11). Thus, the story goes, the ten northern tribes of Israel were “lost” to history and either wiped out or assimilated into other people groups. This narrative, however, is based on inference and assumption rather than on direct biblical teaching.

There are many mysteries, legends, and traditions as to what happened to the ten “lost” tribes of Israel. One legend says that the ten tribes migrated to Europe (the Danube River, they say, got its name from the tribe of Dan). Another legend says the tribes migrated all the way to England and that all Anglo-Saxons today are actually Jews—this is a teaching of the heretical British Israelism. A surprising number of groups around the world claim to have descended from the “lost” tribes: there are people in India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and North America who all claim such ancestry. Other theories equate the Japanese or the American Indians with the ten “lost” tribes of Israel.

The truth is that the “lost tribes of Israel” were never really lost. Many of the Jews who remained in the land after the Assyrian conquest re-united with Judah in the south (2 Chronicles 34:6–9). Assyria was later conquered by Babylon, who went on to invade the Southern Kingdom of Israel, deporting the two remaining tribes: Judah and Benjamin (2 Kings 25:21). Remnants of the northern tribes would have thus been part of the Babylonian deportations. Seventy years later, when King Cyrus allowed the Israelites to return to Israel (Ezra 1), many (from all twelve tribes) returned to Israel to rebuild their homeland.

The idea that ten tribes of Israel were “lost” is false. God knows where all twelve tribes are, and, as the Bible itself proves, they are all accounted for. In the end times, God will call out witnesses from each of the twelve tribes (Revelation 7:4–8). So, obviously, God has been keeping track of who belongs to what tribe.

In the Gospels, the prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36) was from the tribe of Asher (one of the ten supposedly lost tribes). Anna wasn’t lost at all. Both Zechariah and Elisabeth—and therefore John the Baptist—are from the tribe of Levi (Luke 1:5). Jesus promises the disciples that they will “sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” (Luke 22:30). Paul, who knows he is from the tribe of Benjamin (Romans 11:1), speaks of “the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night” (Acts 26:7)—note the present tense. James addresses his epistle “to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations” (James 1:1). In short, there is ample evidence in Scripture that all twelve tribes of Israel are still in existence and will be in the Messianic kingdom. None of them are lost.
This is a subject that has been fought over for ma... (show quote)

Reply
Oct 31, 2021 12:34:14   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Isn't this a theory by a fringe group of white nationalists???



Israel My Glory: The Ten ‘Lost’ Tribes Were Never Lost!

The phrase the lost tribes of Israel emits a certain ring of mystery that romanticizes the disappearance of the Israelites taken captive by Assyria in 722 B.C. Although the phrase is nowhere in Scripture, it is indispensable to a false teaching known as British-Israelism.

British-Israelism, or Anglo-Israelism, came into existence more than 150 years ago. Richard Brothers (1757–1824), an Englishman, is given the dubious distinction of originating this method of biblical interpretation. It is a theological anti-Semitism that contends the AngloSaxon people are, in fact, Israel and, consequently, the true heirs of all of God’s promises to the Jewish nation.

British-Israelism rests on four erroneous postulates. These are the Four Main Falsehoods:

1. Not a single Israelite remained in the land after Assyria deported the ten northern tribes of Israel.

It is essential to British-Israelism that this statement be historically true. Furthermore, none of the Israelites thereafter could have mixed with Judah or returned to the southern kingdom. Accordingly, British-Israelism teacher Herbert Armstrong (1892–1986) stated, “When the southern kingdom of Judah was taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, the Assyrians had migrated northwest— and the ten-tribed Israelites with them! Utterly lost. They were utterly gone! They were lost from view!”

Again he declared, “The house of Israel did not return to Palestine with the Jews in the days of Ezra and Nehemiah, as some erroneously believe.” With the decline of the Assyrian Empire, he said, the tribes began to wander westward across northern Europe and eventually lost their identity. Later they became the Saxe, or Sythians, who subsequently moved through Europe and eventually invaded England as the Saxon people.

2. The British are Israelitish Ephraim, with the fledgling United States later installed under the mantle of Manasseh, thus fulfilling Jacob’ s prophecy regarding Joseph’s two sons in Genesis 48.


In this relocation process, David’s throne was supposedly transferred from Jerusalem to England. Armstrong endorsed a concept by Herman L. Hoeh: “Elizabeth II actually sits on the throne of King David of Israel - that she is a direct descendant, continuing David’s dynasty - the very throne on which Christ will sit after His return.” Other devotees identify biblical Bethel with Glastonbury, England, and Jerusalem with Edinburgh, Scotland.

3. Israel (the ten northern tribes) is forever distinguished from the house of Judah (Jews), which has been left under a permanent curse emanating from the idea that it was Judah and Levi who put Christ to death saying, “His blood be on us, and on our children” (Matthew 27:25).

Therefore, say British-Israelism advocates, the terms Israel and Jews or Judah are never used synonymously in the Bible. When Israel is referred to, it always indicates the ten northern tribes; Jews or Judah are exclusively the southern tribes.

4. All of the divine promises to Israel find fruition in God’s blessings on England and America, which will prepare the kingdom and deliver it to Jesus Christ. The occupant of the throne of England will relinquish the seat of authority to Christ, thus completing the process of the restoration of Israel.

The Biblical Truth: To begin with, Israel was never lost! Certainly, the Jewish people have wandered far and wide across the face of the earth, and evidences of their religion and culture have been deposited and endure. However, to cite these evidences as confirmation of the British Israel hypothesis is preposterous.

The Scriptures and corroborating historical records widely confirm that the majority of the northern tribes’ population never left Israel at all. Ephraim and Manasseh did not move to England and America, portions of the northern tribes were assimilated by Judah, and Israel and Judah eventually fused as one national entity.

All Israel Was Not Taken Captive: Israel’s demise and subsequent deportation are recorded in 2 Kings 17. The chapter, however, lacks specifics concerning who was carried away by Assyria.

It is claimed that the statement “the Lord was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah only” (v. 18) suggests the nation was removed in its entirety. However, this verse must be applied contextually, like such statements as “all Israel went to battle” and “all Israel appeared before the Lord.”

All of Israel did not go to battle; only the military went. Nor did every Israelite appear before the Lord; only those who constituted a proper representation appeared. So it was in the case of Israel’s going into captivity.

Other Scriptures confirm the deportation was partial and restricted to the ruling political and military class. In fact, during the reign of Judean King Hezekiah who came to the throne in 715 B.C., seven years after Sargon II of Assyria conquered Israel, many from the north moved to Judah at Hezekiah’s invitation (2 Chronicles 30).

In 622 B.C., more Israelites came to Jerusalem to help repair the Temple. Even later, Hezekiah issued a Passover invitation from “Beer-sheba even to Dan... throughout all Israel and Judah” to the “children of Israel...

who are escaped out of the hand of the kings of Assyria” (2 Chronicles 30:5–6). In response, many came to Jerusalem, “even many of Ephraim, and Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, yet did they eat the passover” (2 Chronicles 30:18). Also, “all the congregation of Judah, with the priests and the Levites, and all the congregation who came out of Israel” (2 Chronicles 30:25) participated in the feast.

Eighty years later, Josiah led Judah through a period of religious revival. In the process of repairing the Temple, monies were collected from “the hand of Manasseh and Ephraim, and of all the remnant of Israel, and of all Judah and Benjamin” (2 Chronicles 34:9). By then many pious Jews from the northern kingdom had moved to Judah to escape contamination from the heathen people the Assyrians had settled in Israel.

Further documentation of this partial deportation comes from Sargon II himself: “I besieged and conquered Samaria, led away as booty 27,290 inhabitants of it.” Estimates of the northern kingdom’s population at that time range from 400,000 to 500,000, meaning only 5 percent of the population was deported, primarily the leaders from the area around Samaria.

The captives settled to the northeast, around the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. In 612 B.C. the Babylonians under Nabopolassar destroyed the Assyrian capital of Nineveh. Thus the northern exiles joined their Judean brothers under the rule of the Babylonians and later the Persians. Some were among those who returned to Jerusalem in the days of Ezra and Nehemiah. Cyrus, king of Persia, ruled the territories formerly held by the Assyrians. He decreed that all Jews “throughout all his kingdom” who wished to return and help rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem were free to do so. At the dedication that followed the exiles’ return, Scripture records,

And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the rest of the children of the captivity, kept the dedication of this house of God with joy, And offered at the dedication . . . twelve he-goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel (Ezra 6:16–17).

The New Testament records that individuals in the first century still maintained their tribal identities - some of whom were members of the so-called lost tribes. For example, Anna, who beheld the baby Jesus in the Temple, was “of the tribe of Asher” (Luke 2:36).

Israel unquestionably remained in the region of its inheritance without a massive and mysterious exodus into Europe.

Synonymous Terms: With the Babylonian Captivity came the dissolution of a dual national identification for Israel. The divided kingdom ceased to exist, and Israel and Judah became synonymous terms frequently used to identify the entire host of Jewry.

British-Israelism heatedly denies this indisputable fact because its entire system of interpretation hinges on its being correct on this point.

Walter Martin, in his book Kingdom of the Cults, fully exposed this fallacy: “After the Babylonian captivity, from which the Jews returned, Ezra records the remnant were called by the name of Jews eight times, and by the name Israel forty times. Nehemiah records eleven times they are Jews, and proceeds to describe them as Israel, twenty-two times.”

The New Testament is no less emphatic. At Pentecost, Peter addressed himself to “all the house of Israel” (Acts 2:36). In this one chapter alone, “Jews” (v. 5), “men of Judea” (v. 14), and “men of Israel” (v. 22) are mentioned, followed by the reference to “all the house of Israel.” Later, referring to his Jewish brethren, the apostle Paul spoke of a common promise and a common hope, “unto which promise our twelve tribes, earnestly serving God day and night, hope to come” (Acts 26:7).

James addressed his epistle “to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad” (James. 1:1).

Walter Martin observed further, “The New Testament used the word ‘Jew’ one hundred and seventy-four times.” The promoters of British-Israelism are shamefully guilty of attempting to manipulate the Bible in order to make an untenable position appear factual.

Ephraim and Manasseh Are Not England and America. Ephraim and Manasseh are prominent in Scripture. They are repeatedly said to have been in Israel following the captivities - not in London or New York. Ephraim is specifically identified and related to God’s future purposes for the Jewish people.

In Ezekiel 37, written during the Babylonian Captivity, the prophet looked forward to the official union of Judah and Israel. He was directed to symbolize this event by placing two sticks together “for Judah, and for the children of Israel… and they shall become one in thine hand” (vv. 16-17). When pressed by the people for an explanation, Ezekiel said,

Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, to which they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all (vv. 21-22).

The context leaves no doubt that the scattered tribes would return to the Israel of the Middle East. Ephraim shall be gathered “from among the nations, to which they are gone, and [I] will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land” (v. 21). The people who have been scat­tered through the torturous disper­sion will be gathered out of the nations and brought back to the land of promise. This is a marked contrast to the British-Israel fantasy that has Ephraim at home in his English “Promised Land,” waiting to deliver the kingdom.

Clearly, no dark mystery shrouds the true identity of the Jewish nation. All segments of Jewry are represented in the people historically identified as Jews. British-Israelism is but one more weapon in the satanic arsenal brought on the scene to bring confusion and diversion and to promote anti-Semi­tism among another generation of professing Christians.

Reply
Page 1 of 8 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.