The Most Active Discussions Today
This is the Big Freaking Deal
Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano said there’s not much room for interpretation when it comes to President Donald Trump’s claim that he’d “listen” if a foreign power offered dirt on a political rival.
“He would be committing a felony,” Napolitano told host Shepard Smith on Thursday.
Trump this week said “there’s nothing wrong with listening” to dirt on an opponent, no matter what the source.
“They have information,” he said in an ABC interview. “I think I’d take it.”
Napolitano said that would be a crime, and there’s “no wiggle room” as the Federal Election Commission has in previous cases decided that opposition research is considered a “thing of value.”
Under the law, a candidate can’t receive anything of value from a foreign national related to a U.S. election.
And that means Trump would be committing a crime.
“The president of the United States of America is prepared to commit a felony to get reelected,” he said. “That was my reaction, and it was not a happy one.”
Napolitano also said that whoever gives the president that info would also be committing a felony.
Treason really unbelievable
So the smartest guy in the world went on tv and said if given the chance he would commit treason really, and he's still president.
And vice president pence knew flyn was a Russian agent even befor he was elected and he's still vice president. And not a peep out of the republican party or congress!
Good riddance, Sarah Sanders: Washington's worst communicator
What on earth was the point of Sarah Sanders?
For 94 days, the outgoing White House press secretary gave no press briefing in the press room just a few steps from the press office that she nominally ran.
But the press did not stop pressing.
For more than three years, Sanders made no meaningful news on behalf of a boss who considers it his presidential priority to make as much meaningless news as possible.
Yet the news did not stop breaking.
Related: 'It's astonishing': The demise of the daily White House press briefing
With all the resources of the federal government’s communications machine at her fingertips, Sanders was the least resourceful communicator in Washington: a hapless and hopeless observer to every crisis, real or manufactured by the man sitting in the Oval Office, just down the hallway from her own.
In other words, she was the perfect spokeswoman for a perfectly lazy president.
Sanders may have demonstrated few obvious qualities as a press secretary: she earned no trust from the media, possessed no information to share with the world and enjoyed no grasp of policy or even politics.
She had no special insights into Donald Trump’s thinking and no special relationship with him either. Other than this: her capacity to dodge responsibility and the truth were a polished mirror of his character.
Normal spokespeople would have been mortified by the revelations of Robert Mueller that, by Sanders’ own admission, she just made stuff up when she briefed the press.
Speaking the day after the president fired then FBI director James Comey, Sanders told the media that “countless members of the FBI” – representing what she called “the rank-and-file of the FBI” – had lost confidence in Comey. She claimed that this was the reason why Comey was fired, even though Trump himself would later tell NBC News that his decision was because of “this Russia thing”.
Sanders later admitted to Mueller that she fabricated the entire smear. “She also recalled that her statement in a separate press interview that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in Comey was a comment she made ‘in the heat of the moment’ that was not founded on anything,” Mueller stated in his report.
But who really needs credibility, a sense of shame or any degree of self-respect when you’re working for Trump?
Speaking to Fox News after the Mueller report destroyed what was left of her reputation, Sanders worked her way through a few more fabrications. “Look, I acknowledged that I had a slip of the tongue when I used the word ‘countless’, but it’s not untrue,” she said.
That is some World Cup-quality lying. The single sentence includes at least three lies and there are only 21 words in it: an average of one lie for every seven words.
There was no acknowledgement of a slip of the tongue (lie No 1). It was no slip of the tongue (lie No 2). And she stands by the lie with the weasel words of a double negative about its non-untruthfulness (lie No 3 and quite possibly No 4).
You don’t get to lie as well as that by chance or amateur skill. It takes dedication and effort on the training ground to make it look so easy and natural.
This will have the right wing in ashes and sack cloth.
While I get a lot of stuff in the email which shows no origin..
this came from a Quora post and the author is backed up by a religious scholar..
I do not know enough to post it, but sound a ring of truth to me..
A study shows that most Orthodox Christians and Catholics vote Democratic. How can a Christian vote Democratic?
David Reynolds, studied at Nunawading High School
Answered Jun 6 · Upvoted by Alberto Valenzuela, MA Religion, Loma Linda University (1987)
I think that this is going to be an unpalatable answer for you.
There is a fair degree of biblical evidence that people who vote Republican are not actually Christians, and well might be the ones damned to Hell.
I know that’s a very confrontational thing to say, but let me see if I can justify it scripturally.
Jesus spoke often about the poor, and about how we treat them. He also spoke a number of times about the perils of being rich. Republicans are the antichrist of those two issues. If you want a government that reflects Christianity, these two things must be front and centre.
The two “Christian” platforms that Republicans cling to, are abortion and homosexuality. Jesus did not speak of these at all.
So we ignore what He did speak of, and place emphasis on something He never spoke of. A thinking person should ask why.
Now, to the salvation aspect. A born again Christian places their trust in a salvation based primarily on the texts of the “Romans Road”- “For all have sinned…”, “The wages of sin is death”, “If we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus Christ…” Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:9&10. etc. Effectively, I pray a prayer and “believe and repent” and I’m let off the hook.
It’s worth noting that these are letters written by a former pharisee named Paul who never met Jesus in the flesh, and these are letters to a church in Rome, not to us. But born again Christians will bank their eternal salvation on this.
However, Jesus gave his own salvation message. Out of His own mouth. There are a number, but these are my favourite three…with particular emphasis on the last:
Matt 19:24: “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
Luke 16: 19–31. Lazarus and the rich man.
And may all time favourite. Matt 25: 31–46. The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats.
Two interesting things about this last one:
a) Jesus is very clear that if you don’t care for the poor (the least of these), you’re going to eternal punishment. It doesn’t seem to matter what prayer you prayed.
b) the “goats”, those who are going to Hell, are surprised, and are calling Him “Lord”. Therefore, they thought they were Christians, but were not. Think about it in the context of your question,
Finally, the logical follow up questions should be, “how did so many people get suckered?” And “why do evangelical churches place so much emphasis on letters to an ancient church by a former pharisee, while effectively ignoring the very words of Jesus…their actual founder?”
The only answer I can see is, that it’s an easier sell. Scripture warns us about charlatans like this, and that many will be deceived. It’s not just the salesman’s fault, the buyer needs to be responsible too. Read the words of Jesus again, and rethink your question.
I apologise for the very confrontational nature of this answer, and wish you well in your journey.
WH inciting war?
Like the NAZIS did with the radio station in Poland --- Did it ever occur to you that the tanker attacks are a ruse to justify attacks on Iran?
The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My Life.
The 10 Most Destructive Americans of My Life.
America has undergone enormous change during the nearly eight decades of my life. Today, America is a bitterly divided, poorly educated and morally fragile society with so-called mainstream politicians pushing cynical identity politics, socialism, and open borders.
The president of the United States is threatened with impeachment because the other side doesn't like him. The once reasonably unbiased American media has evolved into a hysterical left-wing mob. How could the stable and reasonably cohesive America of the 1950s have reached this point in just one lifetime? Who are the main culprits?
Here's my list of the 10 most destructive Americans of the last 40 years.
10) Mark Felt Deputy director of the FBI, aka "Deep Throat" during the Watergate scandal. This was the first public instance of a senior FBI officially directly interfering in America's political affairs. Forerunner of James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Andrew McCabe.
9) Bill Ayers - Represents the deep and ongoing leftist ideological damage to our education system. An unrepentant American terrorist who evaded punishment, he devoted his career to radicalizing American education and pushing leftist causes. Ghost wrote Obama's book, "Dreams of My Father."
8) Teddy Kennedy Most folks remember Teddy as the guy who left Mary Jo Kopechne to die in his car at Chappaquiddick. The real damage came after he avoided punishment for her death and became a major Democrat force in the US Senate, pushing through transformative liberal policies in health care and education. The real damage was the 1965 Hart-Cellar immigration bill he pushed hard for that changed the quota system to increase the flow of third world people without skills into the US and essentially ended large-scale immigration from Europe.
7) Walter Cronkite Cronkite was a much-beloved network anchor who began the politicization of America's news media with his infamous broadcast from Vietnam that described the Tet Offensive as a major victory for the Communists and significantly turned the gullible American public against the Vietnam War. In fact, the Tet offensive was a military disaster for the NVA and Viet Cong, later admitted by North Vietnamese military leaders. Decades later Cronkite admitted he got the story wrong. But it was too late. The damage was done.
6) Bill and Hillary Clinton - It's difficult to separate Team Clinton. Bill's presidency was largely benign as he was a relative fiscal conservative who rode the remaining benefits of the Reagan era. But his sexual exploits badly stained the Oval Office and negatively affected America's perception of the presidency. In exchange for financial support, he facilitated the transfer of sensitive military technology to the Chinese. Hillary, a Saul Alinsky acolyte, is one of the most vicious politicians of my lifetime, covering up Bill's sexual assaults by harassing and insulting the exploited women and peddling influence around the globe in exchange for funds for the corrupt Clinton Foundation. She signed off on the sale of 20% of the US uranium reserve to the Russians after Bill received a $500,000 speaking fee in Moscow and the foundation (which supported the Clinton's regal lifestyle) received hundreds of millions of dollars from those who benefited from the deal. Between them, they killed any honor that might have existed in the dark halls of DC.
5) Valerie Jarrett - The Rasputin of the Obama administration. A Red Diaper baby, her father, maternal grandfather and father-in-law (Vernon Jarrett who was a close friend and ally of Obama mentor Frank Marshall Davis) were hardcore Communists under investigation by the U.S. government. She has been in Obama's ear for his entire political career pushing a strong anti-American, Islamist, anti-Israeli, socialist/communist, cling-to-power agenda.
4) Jimmy Carter - Carter ignited modern-day radical Islam by abandoning the Shah and paving the way for Ayatollah Khomeini to take power in Tehran. Iran subsequently became the main state sponsor and promoter of international Islamic terrorism. When Islamists took over our embassy in Tehran, Carter was too weak to effectively respond thus strengthening the rule of the radical Islamic mullahs.
3) Lyndon Johnson Johnson turned the Vietnam conflict into a major war for America. It could have ended early if he had listened to the generals instead of automaker Robert McNamara. The ultimate result was: 1) 58,000 American military deaths and collaterally tens of thousands of American lives damaged, and 2) a war that badly divided America and created left-wing groups that evaded the draft and eventually gained control of our education system. Even worse, his so-called War on Poverty led to the destruction of American black families with a significant escalation of welfare and policies designed to keep poor families dependent on the government (and voting Democrat) for their well-being. He deliberately created a racial holocaust that is still burning today. A strong case could be made for putting him at the top of this list.
2) Barack Hussein Obama - Obama set up America for a final defeat and stealth conversion from a free market society to socialism/communism. As we get deeper into the Trump presidency, we learn more each day about how Obama politicized and compromised key government agencies, most prominently the FBI, the CIA, and the IRS, thus thoroughly shaking the public's confidence in the federal government to be fair and unbiased in its activities. He significantly set back race and other relations between Americans by stoking black grievances and pushing radical identity politics. Obama's open support for the Iranian mullahs and his apologetic "lead from behind" foreign policy seriously weakened America abroad. His blatant attempt to interfere in Israel's election trying to unseat Netanyahu is one of the most shameful things ever done by an American president.
1) John Kerry Some readers will likely say Kerry does not deserve to be number one on this list. I have him here because I regard him as the most despicable American who ever lived. After his three faked Purple Hearts during his cowardly service in Vietnam, he was able to leave the US Navy early. As a reserve naval officer and in clear violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, he traveled to Paris and met privately with the NVA and the Viet Cong. He returned to the United States parroting the Soviet party line about the war and testified before Congress comparing American soldiers to the hordes of Genghis Khan. It was a clear case of treason, giving aid and comfort to the enemy in a time of war. We got a second bite of the bitter Kerry apple when as Obama's secretary of state, he fell into bed with the Iranian ("Death to America") mullahs giving them the ultimate green light to develop nuclear weapons along with billions of dollars that further supported their terrorist activities. Only the heroic Swiftboat Vets saved us from a Manchurian Candidate Kerry presidency. Ultimately we got Obama.
John Brennan a Muslim, Obama's CIA director who once voted for Communist Gus Hall for president. A key member of the Deep State who severely politicized the CIA. Called President Trump treasonous for meeting with the president of Russia.
Jane Fonda movie actress who made the infamous trip to Vietnam during the war in support of the Communists. She represents hard-left Hollywood that has done so much damage to our culture.
Jimmy Hendrix and Janice Joplin Both revered entertainers helped usher in the prevailing drug culture and Joplin suffered the consequences. Karma's a bitch.
Robert Johnson /BET Helped popularize ho's, bitches and pimps while making millions on great hits such as"Jigga my Nigga", "Big Pimpin'", "Niggas in Paris" and "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z." Many scholars within the African American community maintain that BET perpetuates and justifies racism by adopting the stereotypes held about African Americans, affecting the psyche of young viewers through the bombardment of negative images of African Americans. Who can disagree?
Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr./The New York Times Once the gold standard of American journalism, the paper always had a liberal tilt and occasionally made bad mistakes. As the years have gone along, the paper has slid further and further left and today is virtually the primary propaganda arm of the increasingly radical Democrat Party. Still retains influence in Washington and New York.
George Soros Jewish former Nazi collaborator in his native Hungary who as a self-made billionaire has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into left-wing groups and causes. The damage he has caused is difficult to measure, but it's certainly large. He has funded much of the effort to kill the Trump presidency.
Frank Marshall Davis - Anti-white, black Bolshevik, card-carrying Soviet agent. Probable birth father and admitted primary mentor of young Barak Hussein Obama.
A fitting role model? Not in my book!
Until now presidents acted with at least a modem of dignity.
New York Democrats Introduce Bill to Legalize Prostitution
A new bill has been proposed by New York Democratic lawmakers to decriminalize prostitution in the state. The first of its kind in the U.S., this new legislation that was revealed Monday would also eliminate the prior records for most crimes related to sex work offenses.
The new bill, entitled the Stop Violence in the Sex Trades Act, was introduced by Senators Jessica Ramos and Julia Salazar, with the help of the sex worker advocacy group, Decrim NY. The bill was drafted in an effort to remove criminal penalties for sex workers, who are often the target of arrests and dangerous street violence.
“We want to bring sex workers out of the shadows and ensure that they are protected,” said Ramos. “We will finally make strides against trafficking by empowering sex workers to report violence against them. Sex work is work and everyone has an inherent right to a safe workplace.”
Currently, prostitution is not legal in the U.S., with the exception of only a few counties in the state of Nevada. The new bill would repeal and amend several statutes, and if it passes, it would then be legal to buy and sell sex, with special specific circumstances in N.Y. In addition, the bill would also regulate the “workplaces” where the prostitution takes place, to ensure safe working conditions for sex workers.
It would also mean that many misdemeanor charges related to prostitution would be repealed. Some of the charges would still remain though. Charges involving prostitution in a school zone, currently a misdemeanor offense, would remain illegal. Current laws that are related to sex trafficking and sexual offenses that involve minors would also remain unchanged by the new legislation.
Those who oppose the decriminalization of prostitution indicate that these efforts are misguided, and that full decriminalization of prostitution will create a demand that instead encourages underground sex trafficking. President of the New York City chapter of the National Organization for Women, Sonia Ossorio, said the decriminalization of prostitution would create a brand-new industry that would give legitimacy to existing pimps and brothels.
“Pimps would now just be promoters,” said Ossorio. “You can’t protect the exploited by protecting the exploiters.”
Sanctuary for Families, a nonprofit advocate for sex trafficking victims headed by Alexi Meyers and Rebecca Zipkin, support most of the Decrim NY movement. They agree about the repeal of the loitering law and decriminalizing people in prostitution. They do not, however, agree with any law that decriminalizes the buying or selling of sex and promotes prostitution. In fact, they think that fully decriminalizing prostitution actually makes the conditions worse for sex workers.
“Most often it increases sex trafficking,” Zipkin said.” If you legalize, you are condoning brothels to become businesses and pimps to become business managers. That’s what we’ve seen around the world. The argument about safety is false.”
There is no indication that the bill will pass in the near future though, as Governor Cuomo has not endorsed the effort and the Democrat-led Senate and Assembly session is scheduled to end June 19. Advocates doubt the bill will be presented for a vote by this time.
A somewhat perplexing question
There is a reasonably good chance that after he is out of office Trump will be put on trial for at least one felony and face prison. Even Trumps cult recognizes this possibility and in this post I am not interested in that debate. My question is wether an ex president who is convicted and sent to prison is entitled to the same treatment as other presidents such as a library and state funeral?
High Crimes and Misdemeanors?
I might have missed them, what exactly did President Trump do that rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. These are the only basis for impeachment.
For more, check out Active Topics
This is where we talk about politics, economics, and life in general.
Subscribed users: 21040
New to the forum? Jump in, say hello, and introduce yourself here.
Subscribed users: 20998
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
A place to talk about anything else (discussions not related to politics or the economy).
Subscribed users: 21043
List of all sections on the forum.
Total number of users: 21276
Total number of posts: 2855786
Posts in the last 7 days: 6989
Posts in the last 24 hours: 1135
Top 5 users in the last 24 hours: proud republican
(40) son of witless
(birthday users who are currently online are marked bold, feel free to click on their user name and send them a pm to wish them a happy birthday)