One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Senate Should Not Call New Witnesses
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 next>>
Jan 14, 2020 10:34:53   #
PeterS
 
padremike wrote:
Cover up? If Bolton testifies as a witness then Biden and son should also be called
IN FAIRNESS ....

Called as a witness for whom? What does Biden have to do with the articles of impeachment?

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 10:40:31   #
padremike Loc: Phenix City, Al
 
PeterS wrote:
Four Senate Republicans have already sided with the Democrats so a trial with witnesses is what you are going to have.


Balderdash. (This word nicely covers up a huge amount of four letter words and meanings.)

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 10:43:13   #
padremike Loc: Phenix City, Al
 
PeterS wrote:
Called as a witness for whom? What does Biden have to do with the articles of impeachment?


Ukraine corruption - which was the heart of your lynch mob charges against the president.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 10:46:59   #
Pariahjf
 
padremike wrote:
So you're qualified to make that determination based on your extremely limited knowledge? Did you forget that the President was interested in Ukrine corruption before he released the money? Did you forget Joe bragging about his own quid pro quo? Do you really believe Joe knew nothing about his son's businesses in Ukraine and China.


Doesn't matter----the impeachment is about Trump, NOT the Bidens. That's like calling me to be on the witness stand at your trial. One has nothing to do with the other. Common sense.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 10:47:19   #
Pariahjf
 
PeterS wrote:
Called as a witness for whom? What does Biden have to do with the articles of impeachment?


EXACTLY...

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 10:56:55   #
Airforceone
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.


BS what a GD stupid statement. There were 10 witnesses that testified Trump did it. Trump has refused to turn over documents requested, (OBSTRUCTION) he offered no under oath testimony and blocked the 4 guys that had first hand knowledge.
So how can you say Democrats want it there way are you that ignorant to believe that if Donald Trump had evidence that his is not guilty that fat (F) ing POS would be jogging to Congress and dragging Mulvaney, Giuliani, Bolton, Pompeo.
This is the problem with Trump supporters there so rapped up in there racist agenda they believe this scum bag in the White House. And that man is a clear and present danger to our democracy

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:11:42   #
Fodaoson Loc: South Texas
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.


The senate should call any witness that has information on the charges. Impeachment is not based on enough evidence to convict but enough evidence to charge.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:12:06   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
padremike wrote:
Didn't bother you a wit (or half wit as applicable) that the very process you call for in the Senate was not allowed in the lynching conducted by what can now be best described as the Progressive Outhouse.


It's telling how the right protests the House's proceedings, especially since they followed the rules passed by Republicans when they controlled the House in 2015. Sounds to me like using extreme partisanship to rail against extreme partisanship, and that doesn't ring true.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2019/oct/28/andrew-napolitano/fox-news-analyst-correct-impeachment-inquiry-follo/

Call the witness, don't call them....doesn't matter. The Republicans are in a no win situation. Calling witnesses opens up a pandora's box of uncontrolled possibilities. Not calling witnesses and a quick dismissal will show the Senate as an extension of the White House (as McConnell promised). While that may elate the Trump base, a sham trial won't win him any new votes and will provide ammunition to the Democrats.

It's gonna be a fun election season.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:21:41   #
PJT
 
Flashy. That's your opinion not mine. Fed. Courts could decide re presidential decision on witnesses from the administration.
Your conclusion means the House can impeach and the Senate must convict. Perpetual impeachment thru the ages.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:24:26   #
PJT
 
In any event since adopting the Constitution impeachment against a president has been attempted only 3 times. We may be facing perpetual impeachment as a way to overthrow elections as long as House majority is opposite political party.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:26:54   #
Pariahjf
 
PJT wrote:
In any event since adopting the Constitution impeachment against a president has been attempted only 3 times. We may be facing perpetual impeachment as a way to overthrow elections as long as House majority is opposite political party.


I would say that more likely than not, that cooler and more sensible heads will prevail going forward, and impeachment will hopefully only be used when necessary in the future.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 11:41:09   #
nwtk2007
 
Kevyn wrote:
In a fair trial both the prosecution and defense call witnesses who give testimony and are cross examined. McConnell is setting up a mockery at the bequest of the crooked Pumpkinfuhrer.


That's just beyond stupid.

It's a fact that many who the republicans might subpoena will resist or refuse. When that happens the republicans will go through channels and thus it drags on for years. Many of the witnesses the democrats are going to want to call will represent conflicts of executive privilege, a court battle ensues and it drags out for years.

The only way this can work is for the evidence presently in hand be presented, otherwise, we will be doing this for years. How, pray tell, are your democrat Senators to campaign for president when they are tied down in the Senate for months or years??? The democrats chose this path from the start and itis the path that will be followed by the senate; Their way or the highway.

This is what happens when impeachment is totally partisan!!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 12:14:48   #
PeterS
 
padremike wrote:
Ukraine corruption - which was the heart of your lynch mob charges against the president.

Ukrainian corruption wasn't part of the articles of impeachment. Witnesses can only testify pro or con for the article of impeachment nothing more...

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 12:18:29   #
PeterS
 
working class stiff wrote:
It's telling how the right protests the House's proceedings, especially since they followed the rules passed by Republicans when they controlled the House in 2015. Sounds to me like using extreme partisanship to rail against extreme partisanship, and that doesn't ring true.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2019/oct/28/andrew-napolitano/fox-news-analyst-correct-impeachment-inquiry-follo/

Call the witness, don't call them....doesn't matter. The Republicans are in a no win situation. Calling witnesses opens up a pandora's box of uncontrolled possibilities. Not calling witnesses and a quick dismissal will show the Senate as an extension of the White House (as McConnell promised). While that may elate the Trump base, a sham trial won't win him any new votes and will provide ammunition to the Democrats.

It's gonna be a fun election season.
It's telling how the right protests the House's pr... (show quote)

Nicely said...

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 12:22:47   #
Fodaoson Loc: South Texas
 
Zemirah wrote:
You are absolutely right, in as far as you went.

Actually, Liberty, those who now loosely call themselves Democrats long ago forewent any concept of "fairness," just as they foresook any concept of right and wrong or of good and evil.

They are totally about the acquisition of power and control, nothing more.

They single mindedly want to totally destroy President Trump, just as they want to destroy the Republican party.

Their world is totally about them, not the Republic, not the nation, not its citizens, only themselves!

The Republicans need to recognize this to be able to defend and preserve the concept of law and justice within this nation's government; they must become more aggressive in defending themselves, and by extension, their constituents, and immediately, they must defend their duly elected president.
You are absolutely right, in as far as you went. ... (show quote)


“They are totally about the acquisition of power and control, nothing more.”
It is called politics. All political parties are all about “acquisition of power”

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.