One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Senate Should Not Call New Witnesses
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 36 next>>
Jan 14, 2020 07:14:05   #
Liberty Tree
 
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 07:37:16   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.


I don't think that's how it works...

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 07:41:58   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I don't think that's how it works...



| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 07:50:18   #
Liberty Tree
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I don't think that's how it works...


It works however the Senate decides it works. The same way it worked in the House with the way the Democrats wanted it to work. The Senate majority can run it any way it chooses.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 07:58:48   #
PJT
 
It works just that way!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:02:00   #
Wolf counselor Loc: Heart of Texas
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.


"Case Dismissed" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:07:09   #
PJT
 
If the Senate moves to hear impeachment as evidence presented by the House AND THE GOP articulates that reasoning, the President is exonerated even if the media works to cover up the Senate's reasoning. The GOP must articulate and repeat itself over and over.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:12:11   #
Liberty Tree
 
Wolf counselor wrote:
"Case Dismissed" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Watch out for the RINOS. Remember, Romney hates Trump.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:13:01   #
Tug484
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I don't think that's how it works...


I want them to call Biden and Hunter.
They're the criminals.
I had to laugh when they came out with the where is Hunter t shirt.
That's the only thing I can say in German.
Ver es der Yeager ?

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:16:31   #
Liberty Tree
 
Tug484 wrote:
I want them to call Biden and Hunter.
They're the criminals.
I had to laugh when they came out with the where is Hunter t shirt.
That's the only thing I can say in German.
Ver es der Yeager ?


They will not come. They will fight it just to drag it out. Democrats idea of fairness is just call the witnesses they want.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:29:10   #
Kevyn
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.

In a fair trial both the prosecution and defense call witnesses who give testimony and are cross examined. McConnell is setting up a mockery at the bequest of the crooked Pumpkinfuhrer.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:31:54   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
It works however the Senate decides it works. The same way it worked in the House with the way the Democrats wanted it to work. The Senate majority can run it any way it chooses.



It seems to me that it should work that way because that is the way it's been designed, however, this presents a dilemma to the Republicans. If they go ahead in that mode and dismiss this frivolous charge, then the Democrats will follow with all kinds of accusations that the Republicans are hiding something and don't want the truth to come out. The positive aspect is that the longer this goes on in this stupid manner, the less likely any further efforts on the part of the Democrats will work. I truly believe that even the blue state voters are getting tired of this nonsense and that most of them see through to the real reason it is being implemented.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:36:47   #
youngwilliam
 
Kevyn wrote:
In a fair trial both the prosecution and defense call witnesses who give testimony and are cross examined. McConnell is setting up a mockery at the bequest of the crooked Pumpkinfuhrer.


The mockery has already happened in the house. When do you have 2 trials for the same accusation?

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:42:35   #
bestpal38 Loc: Cedar City, Utah
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Watch out for the RINOS. Remember, Romney hates Trump.


Romney wants to be President.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 08:44:05   #
Tug484
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
They will not come. They will fight it just to drag it out. Democrats idea of fairness is just call the witnesses they want.


I know, but we can dream.
I can't believe the way Pelosi gets up and talks and expects us to believe her, but I guess left brained people can't help but believe she's doing it for us.
No, they're all so deep into crookedness, they're doing it to save themselves

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 36 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.