One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Religious question!!
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 89 next>>
Oct 30, 2019 17:13:47   #
Ricktloml
 
proud republican wrote:
Do you think that Catholic Priests should be able to get married??? Rabbis are allowed to get married as do other religious leaders !!! So why not Catholic Priests???? What do you guys think????


Technically as an evangelical Christian my opinion is just that. The Catholic Church for centuries has had this system, they must believe there is some value to unmarried priests. Pastors, preachers, clergy of non-Catholic Christian churches do marry, and Rabbis marry, so I don't understand the reasoning behind this choice.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:17:41   #
MeadowFields
 
proud republican wrote:
Do you think that Catholic Priests should be able to get married??? Rabbis are allowed to get married as do other religious leaders !!! So why not Catholic Priests???? What do you guys think????


Yes - It would give priests a whole new perspective on who's holier than thou.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:18:43   #
Ricktloml
 
1ProudAmerican wrote:
If the baby was yours do you not think you should have a say???


What if the baby was you?There are many who survived the attempted murder of abortion.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:30:42   #
Ricktloml
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Plenty of perverts among the Protestant denominations as well...


Non of these child molesters are in truth Christians. Child molesters go where children are, that's why they are in churches, schools, boy scouts, whatever

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:38:26   #
PeterS
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
And no thanks to Secular religions, there are 60 million mutilated dead American babies who have been burned to ashes or parts of them stored in PPH freezers.

Liberals and their children know what contraception is and will use Plan-B if necessary. So who does that leave to get abortions except for the children raped by your conservative ministers, fathers, uncles, cousins, and brothers?

Women have their own body whether you fundamentalist men like it or not. Conservative, liberal, or somewhere in between ALL of them has the right to do with their bodies as they chose. It is their property so keep your pecker in your pants if you don't want them running off to have abortions and above all cease with the hypocrisy because I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of that 60 million wasn't the result of the perversion that is Conservative Christianity in this country.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:44:48   #
kemmer
 
bggamers wrote:
I can't say its mentioned about preaching but considering how definite GOD and Jesus were about homosexual activity I would say not exceptable

Jesus didn’t say a word about homosexuality.
God? Leviticus more like. Paul was speaking his own opinion, which was wrong on other points.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:48:16   #
kemmer
 
Ricktloml wrote:
Technically as an evangelical Christian my opinion is just that. The Catholic Church for centuries has had this system, they must believe there is some value to unmarried priests. Pastors, preachers, clergy of non-Catholic Christian churches do marry, and Rabbis marry, so I don't understand the reasoning behind this choice.

There was a problem in the 12th century or thereabouts where married dead priests and bishops were leaving churches and church property to their heirs.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 17:57:22   #
Rose42
 
PeterS wrote:
Liberals and their children know what contraception is and will use Plan-B if necessary. So who does that leave to get abortions except for the children raped by your conservative ministers, fathers, uncles, cousins, and brothers?

Women have their own body whether you fundamentalist men like it or not. Conservative, liberal, or somewhere in between ALL of them has the right to do with their bodies as they chose. It is their property so keep your pecker in your pants if you don't want them running off to have abortions and above all cease with the hypocrisy because I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of that 60 million wasn't the result of the perversion that is Conservative Christianity in this country.
Liberals and their children know what contraceptio... (show quote)


There is only one cure for such hate and bitterness and its what you mock ironically. Self help can’t do it for thats transitory. No matter what you’ve done in your life Jesus loves you. Jesus is neither liberal nor conservative. No matter how flawed we are he loves us anyway. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He is the only truth that can free you if you call on him.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:00:15   #
Carol Kelly
 
padremike wrote:
We Orthodox priests are allowed to "commit" marriage! Lol. Couple of thoughts: First, when you are on a team or join an organization you need to abide by their rules. One does not join and then decide they don't like the rules and then try to change them. On the other hand, there is no biblical prohibition against lawful marriage yet it's also very acceptable practice for clergy to choose celibacy. Many years ago there were about 15,000 Catholic priests who gave up their priesthood for marriage and family. They discovered later that giving up the priesthood after years of serving left some holes that could only be filled by serving as a priest.(This all comes out of my recollection.) The Catholic Church, then and now, experienced a shortage of clergy. These laicized priests formed a confraternity called CORPUS. If memory serves me correctly the acronym CORPUS meant Core of Reserved Priests, something of another, for Sacraments. They petitioned that they be allowed to bring The Sacraments to those areas where there was a shortage of clergy. Their petition was rejected.

In my personal opinion, I believe that having both married and celibate clergy in a parish provides a common sense balance. We are all aware of the sexual scandals amongst clergy, teachers and others. To my limited understanding, I cannot imagine that a married priest with children in a parish would not report his knowledge or suspicions of child molestation or sexual anomalies up the chain of command. I suspect that 15,000 number of laicized priests has increased.

One of the untold tragedies out of this mess is that many clergy now refrain from holding children.
We Orthodox priests are allowed to "commit&qu... (show quote)

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:02:53   #
Carol Kelly
 
Having married priests with families and celibate priests makes perfect sense to me. But I’m Episcopalian and our priests do marry, occasionally a former Catholic priest has been welcomed into the Episcopalian church priesthood.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:10:47   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
PeterS wrote:
Liberals and their children know what contraception is and will use Plan-B if necessary. So who does that leave to get abortions except for the children raped by your conservative ministers, fathers, uncles, cousins, and brothers?

Women have their own body whether you fundamentalist men like it or not. Conservative, liberal, or somewhere in between ALL of them has the right to do with their bodies as they chose. It is their property so keep your pecker in your pants if you don't want them running off to have abortions and above all cease with the hypocrisy because I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of that 60 million wasn't the result of the perversion that is Conservative Christianity in this country.
Liberals and their children know what contraceptio... (show quote)
You are truly a warped old man, Pete. I feel for you.

If women have the right to do with their bodies as they choose, they can keep their pussy in their pants and avoid the problem.

Out of an average of 800,000 abortions per year, 0.5% are due to rape or incest.

In the United States, black children are aborted at more than three times the rate of white children; Hispanic children are aborted at one and a half times the rate. Whatever the intentions of Planned Parenthood, abortion is eliminating an incommensurate number of minority children.

The most dangerous place for a black child is in the womb.

In 2017, the highest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in the District of Columbia (37%), New Jersey (32%), and New York (31%). The lowest percentage of pregnancies were aborted in Idaho (5%), South Dakota (4%), and Wyoming (2%).

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:21:24   #
Singularity
 
Rose42 wrote:
There is only one cure for such hate and bitterness and its what you mock ironically. Self help can’t do it for thats transitory. No matter what you’ve done in your life Jesus loves you. Jesus is neither liberal nor conservative. No matter how flawed we are he loves us anyway. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He is the only truth that can free you if you call on him.


No, Rose42. It is all mass delusion. Drop the fantasy and face reality.

You'd thank us for it, later.

And we'd all be better for it.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:31:01   #
Rose42
 
Singularity wrote:
No, Rose42. It is all mass delusion. Drop the fantasy and face reality.

You'd thank us for it, later.

And we'd all be better for it.


No thanks. I prefer reality to the delusion that there is no God.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:31:56   #
Abel
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
I could care less, really. It just seems an odd thing to me but what do I know? I'm just a cave man!

I find religions across the globe to be odd and so at odd's with each other. The more I learned about the one I was raised in, the less I bought into the theology.

The more interesting aspect of religions is how they have evolved from very similar roots and histories. Islam and Christianity share historical roots but are now wildly divergent. They'd be a lot better off if they just practiced the parts where they believe we should all treat each other with the respect we would like to have shown to us.
I could care less, really. It just seems an odd t... (show quote)


Good answer. Good idea for those who practice one.

| Reply
Oct 30, 2019 18:32:29   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
kemmer wrote:
Jesus didn’t say a word about homosexuality.
God? Leviticus more like. Paul was speaking his own opinion, which was wrong on other points.
If you do not believe God exists, why are you feeling so threatened that you would sink to such foolish comments?

Paul was utterly devoted to the calling that the risen Christ had given him, even though it cost him incomparable sufferings and death by beheading.

Paul knew he was not a perfect man, and he did not hide his flaws, but made them an occasion to help others fight for holiness and joy.

Another mark of human maturity and mental well-being and authenticity is that Paul’s soul was marked by the beautiful interweaving of enormous powers of reason and profound capacities for emotion, both of which he put in the service of others.

Paul believed that the serious application of mental power was part of what it meant to follow Christ. Though formally educated at the feet of a famous teacher (Acts 22:3), Paul did not see himself as the kind of intellectual who would use his powers to outwit others and exalt himself. On the contrary, he called all Christians to think for themselves.

The apostle Peter even drew attention to the complexity and difficulty involved in understanding some of what Paul wrote:

There are some things in his letters that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. (2 Peter 3:16)


BTW: Levitcus is a book.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 89 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.