One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Trump Eats At One's Soul
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 next>>
May 15, 2019 12:25:08   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
The below is an opinion/viewpoint posted on the internet. As it concerns our president, I know it flies in the face of many good people I have come to know and respect on OPP. Yet, I admit to agreeing with much, if not most, of what the writer has to say. I also accept that those same good people will question this evaluation of the man just as I often question theirs. C'est la vie. "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, (or) in philosophy as cause for withdrawing from a friend." --- Thomas Jefferson
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When it comes to the divisiveness of today's politics, I am beginning to think that the Russians that spent so much money and effort to swing the election to put this fox ( aka Trump) in the hen-house…must have spent a goodly amount of money on a roomful of social psychologists also.

They want Trump to call American laws that have stood for 250 years…unlawful…. and he has brought that idea into question many times.

They know he is un-educated, so he will know nothing of American or global history, laws or processes. As a classic, classless blowhard, he will loudly deride what he does not understand. He has done just that with every legitimate American institution that we have trusted since 1776.

They expect Trump to create divisiveness in the people by using politics as a wedge. Again, Trump plays right into their efforts by telling lies to a certain sector of the American populace who can identify with his lies and in turn becomes a cult following. Those that remember the Jones cult in Guyana will identify with what Trump is doing. His lies are so believable to these poor people, there is no other truth but Trump.
They know Trump can talk a line of BS and outright lies that sounds so very convincing. They know he has spent a lifetime conning everyone possible in business and life. No one will know what to expect him to start blabbering on or lying about next which will sow never-ending chaos. So it has come to pass.

That he is so self-serving and greed-driven this will conflict with what we expect of a fair president and that this will cause very questionable behavior on his and his major republican supporter's part.

They know that a segment of the Republican Party, driven by the same greed as Trump's, will join him, defend him and push him further with whispers in his ear. They will use him as a malleable chump to destruct parts of our laws and land so they can put their fingers in the biggest jackpot ever offered to them, the taxpayers of America.

They could not have chosen a better person of the job of taking American values apart, denying the freedoms we have enjoyed since the Bill of Rights was signed or to do a good job of backstabbing the very people that he claims to work for. Trump has spent a good portion of his presidency working with his political and financial backers dismantling the law and economic structure of our land so that they can reap the economic benefits of free tax money. It's all there in black and white cross-indexable print.

His ego is so powerful, his empathy so lacking, that he feels nothing as he hugs the American flag one moment to show his supporters that he loves the land, then sits down and signs an executive order that rolls back a regulation that will poison thousands of his own people the very next moment. (the dumping of toxins into the waterways rollback, etc.)

He will stand in front of thousands of his supporters, talk (lie) for an hour about how (bigly) America will be under his direction. A virtual sea of red MAGA hats will cheer him on, the adulation washed over him as a wave of ‘we love you Trump’, ‘ you're our god because you care about us little people’ and he will exhort them to ‘be patriots’ and ‘be his people’. He and his twisted egotism feeds off these poor folks grand dreams and expectations. He plays them like the proverbial fiddle. The very next day, he signs a budget that was a direct attack on those very same people that cheered him on, voted for him, thinks of him as a god among men. He and his helpers signed a proposal that would take huge amounts of food from the mouths of his own support base , their children, their parents. He signed that proposal that would take away many needed schoolteacher and after-school programs, indeed the whole public education system and put it directly into the hands of his friends in the private education sector. They would not even be able to afford to go to school. They would remain ignorant, which is right where he and his republican backers want them.

Trump's people (seem to) have no idea, they don’t even seem to care.

That is how bad Trump can eat souls like some kid eats candy.

If there is one thing about America today that can truly be called fake, it is Donald Trump.
The below is an opinion/viewpoint posted on the in... (show quote)
Been skipping this thread. The title was enough to turn me off. "Trump Eats At One's Soul"??? That's what happens to those who have no spiritual armor. It's pitiful to see people so weak. An unidentified crybaby pours out his anguish on the internet and Voila! he expresses the emotions of millions. President Trump is eating a hell of a lot of souls. 'Tis a shame while at the same time encouraging that so many allow one man to have such power over them.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 12:29:26   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Been skipping this thread. The title was enough to turn me off. "Trump Eats At One's Soul"??? That's what happens to those who have no spiritual armor. It's pitiful to see people so weak. An unidentified crybaby pours out his anguish on the internet and Voila! he expresses the emotions of millions. President Trump is eating a hell of a lot of souls. 'Tis a shame while at the same time encouraging that so many allow one man to have such power over them.



"TDS BOY!"

| Reply
May 15, 2019 19:10:12   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
byronglimish wrote:
"TDS BOY!"

TDS, indeed.

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a satirical psychological diagnosis used to explain the hysterical reaction and belligerent behavior of people, directed towards anything related to President Donald Trump, as pertaining to his presidency. It isn't intended to be a logical argument, rather a jab at another individual's excessive emotional reactions as well as aggressive physical displays. It is an ad hominem argument, not a strawman argument as suggested by definition.

For example, here is an example of such:

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their love of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

Symptoms for this condition can be very diverse, ranging from racist or xenophobic outbursts to a complete disconnection from reality. TDS can also often result in the sufferer exhibiting violent, homicidal, or even genocidal desires, particularly against residents from foreign countries.

Sufferers have also been known to wish direct self-harm on themselves (such as increased tariffs, a desire for tax cuts heavily favoring corporations and the 1%, infringement of first amendment rights, and even the destruction of NATO for comrade Putin), provided that action was initiated by Donald Trump.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of TDS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted when their Trump related beliefs are questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of an immigrant related crime. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make TDS sufferers attempt to actually becoming informed and think for themselves.

If properly treated, suffers of TDS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of TDS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of logical reasoning. It is known that products containing mole can exacerbate the condition.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 19:19:46   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
slatten49 wrote:
TDS, indeed.

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a satirical psychological diagnosis used to explain the hysterical reaction and belligerent behavior of people, directed towards anything related to President Donald Trump, as pertaining to his presidency. It isn't intended to be a logical argument, rather a jab at another individual's excessive emotional reactions as well as aggressive physical displays. It is an ad hominem argument, not a strawman argument as suggested by definition.

For example, here is an example of such:

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their love of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

Symptoms for this condition can be very diverse, ranging from racist or xenophobic outbursts to a complete disconnection from reality. TDS can also often result in the sufferer exhibiting violent, homicidal, or even genocidal desires, particularly against residents from foreign countries.

Sufferers have also been known to wish direct self-harm on themselves (such as increased tariffs, a desire for tax cuts heavily favoring corporations and the 1%, infringement of first amendment rights, and even the destruction of NATO for comrade Putin), provided that action was initiated by Donald Trump.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of TDS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted when their Trump related beliefs are questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of an immigrant related crime. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make TDS sufferers attempt to actually becoming informed and think for themselves.

If properly treated, suffers of TDS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of TDS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of logical reasoning. It is known that products containing mole can exacerbate the condition.
TDS, indeed. img src="https://static.onepolitical... (show quote)




Nice story, but it seems par for loser deflection theory.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 19:20:43   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
eagleye13 wrote:
"If there is one thing about America today that can truly be called fake, it is Donald Trump." - slatten

Slatt; do you actually believe mot of what is written here?

So many things to refute here, maybe later.

How about that fake economy?

Sorry, Eagleye, I've spoken to that several times already.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 20:02:35   #
slatten49 (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Been skipping this thread. The title was enough to turn me off. "Trump Eats At One's Soul"??? That's what happens to those who have no spiritual armor. It's pitiful to see people so weak. An unidentified crybaby pours out his anguish on the internet and Voila! he expresses the emotions of millions. President Trump is eating a hell of a lot of souls. 'Tis a shame while at the same time encouraging that so many allow one man to have such power over them.

I understand your frustration, Blade. I run across both thread titles and comments that portend seriousness or nonsense from either right or left of the partisan/ideological persuasion. Like you, I ignore most of them. Seems academicians or opinion writers are only as good as readers find themselves aligning with them...or not.

Imagine that.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 21:24:50   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Been skipping this thread. The title was enough to turn me off. "Trump Eats At One's Soul"??? That's what happens to those who have no spiritual armor. It's pitiful to see people so weak. An unidentified crybaby pours out his anguish on the internet and Voila! he expresses the emotions of millions. President Trump is eating a hell of a lot of souls. 'Tis a shame while at the same time encouraging that so many allow one man to have such power over them.

The only soul Trump is eating is that of the Nation. You wouldn't know Blade as you and your fellow cons sold your's for the purpose of political expediency and fading hope of political power...

| Reply
May 15, 2019 22:49:33   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
PeterS wrote:
The only soul Trump is eating is that of the Nation. You wouldn't know Blade as you and your fellow cons sold your's for the purpose of political expediency and fading hope of political power...
Spare us your perverted psychoanalysis of what makes us tick. Whatever rotted and toxic opinions you have are your own.

I, for one, have sold my soul to no one or no thing. I am not a human life in possession of a soul, I am a soul in possession of a human life. Almighty God is the author of life, my soul, my spirit, my life belong to Him.

| Reply
May 15, 2019 22:53:25   #
John King
 
slatten49 wrote:
TDS, indeed.

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a satirical psychological diagnosis used to explain the hysterical reaction and belligerent behavior of people, directed towards anything related to President Donald Trump, as pertaining to his presidency. It isn't intended to be a logical argument, rather a jab at another individual's excessive emotional reactions as well as aggressive physical displays. It is an ad hominem argument, not a strawman argument as suggested by definition.

For example, here is an example of such:

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their love of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

Symptoms for this condition can be very diverse, ranging from racist or xenophobic outbursts to a complete disconnection from reality. TDS can also often result in the sufferer exhibiting violent, homicidal, or even genocidal desires, particularly against residents from foreign countries.

Sufferers have also been known to wish direct self-harm on themselves (such as increased tariffs, a desire for tax cuts heavily favoring corporations and the 1%, infringement of first amendment rights, and even the destruction of NATO for comrade Putin), provided that action was initiated by Donald Trump.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of TDS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted when their Trump related beliefs are questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of an immigrant related crime. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make TDS sufferers attempt to actually becoming informed and think for themselves.

If properly treated, suffers of TDS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of TDS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of logical reasoning. It is known that products containing mole can exacerbate the condition.
TDS, indeed. img src="https://static.onepolitical... (show quote)



You almost got it right! I've cleared it up for you in the following:

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their hate of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

Symptoms for this condition can be very diverse, ranging from accusations of racism or xenophobia outbursts towards others to a complete disconnection from reality. TDS can also often result in the sufferer exhibiting violent, homicidal, or possibly genocidal desires, particularly against anyone who disagrees with their position or opinion.

Sufferers have also been known to wish direct self-harm on themselves (such as holding back sex from others, a desire for big government to take care of all the woes of America through socialism, infringement of second amendment rights, and even the destruction of babies after they are born), provided that these actions are not condoned by Donald Trump.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of TDS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted when their own beliefs are questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of ICE and the law do to an immigrant related crime. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make TDS sufferers attempt to actually becoming informed and think for themselves.

If properly treated, suffers of TDS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of TDS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of logical reasoning. It is known that a full revelation of reality that subjects one to the truth can lead to the dissolution of TDS!

| Reply
May 15, 2019 23:29:07   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
John King wrote:
You almost got it right! I've cleared it up for you in the following:

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their hate of Donald Trump, to the point they will abandon all logic and reason.

Symptoms for this condition can be very diverse, ranging from accusations of racism or xenophobia outbursts towards others to a complete disconnection from reality. TDS can also often result in the sufferer exhibiting violent, homicidal, or possibly genocidal desires, particularly against anyone who disagrees with their position or opinion.

Sufferers have also been known to wish direct self-harm on themselves (such as holding back sex from others, a desire for big government to take care of all the woes of America through socialism, infringement of second amendment rights, and even the destruction of babies after they are born), provided that these actions are not condoned by Donald Trump.

Paranoia is also a common symptom of TDS. Sufferers have been known to believe that they are in some way being persecuted when their own beliefs are questioned, and in some cases believe they are about to be a victim of ICE and the law do to an immigrant related crime. The paranoia does however not seem to be bad enough to make TDS sufferers attempt to actually becoming informed and think for themselves.

If properly treated, suffers of TDS can make a full recovery. Many sufferers have been known to grow out of TDS, yet many can only be treated by having their condition directly treated through the application of logical reasoning. It is known that a full revelation of reality that subjects one to the truth can lead to the dissolution of TDS!
You almost got it right! I've cleared it up for yo... (show quote)




Indeed, and hence the "Walk Away" folks have been cured.

| Reply
May 16, 2019 00:00:08   #
John King
 
byronglimish wrote:
Indeed, and hence the "Walk Away" folks have been cured.


True . . . so true! There is also a 'Red Pill' movement I've heard of too!

| Reply
May 16, 2019 00:39:29   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
John King wrote:
True . . . so true! There is also a 'Red Pill' movement I've heard of too!


I'm not familiar with that one.

| Reply
May 16, 2019 01:52:10   #
John King
 
byronglimish wrote:
I'm not familiar with that one.


Sorry, I heard of it and come to find out it's about a men's rights movement . . . my mistake.

| Reply
May 16, 2019 06:03:33   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
John King wrote:
Sorry, I heard of it and come to find out it's about a men's rights movement . . . my mistake.


I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

| Reply
May 16, 2019 06:06:56   #
PeterS (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
Spare us your perverted psychoanalysis of what makes us tick. Whatever rotted and toxic opinions you have are your own.

I, for one, have sold my soul to no one or no thing. I am not a human life in possession of a soul, I am a soul in possession of a human life. Almighty God is the author of life, my soul, my spirit, my life belong to Him.

What a crock of shit. You and your fellow Evangelicals hocked your soul so you could gain temporary political power. Your life can't belong to HIM when you traded it and all your values to support someone else.

And if my opinions are rotten and toxic it would only be because the one they are directed at makes them so.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.