One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Bible is under attack by Atheists trying to remove it from this one important place
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 next>>
Mar 15, 2019 15:18:45   #
4430 (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to confuse, misinterpret, or misunderstand. God created all things -which of course includes nature. I know there is God because He makes himself known to me, and resides within me. You can call me a liar because you don't understand, but that does not make what you say about God true. How can you say the bible has no 'known authors' when each book begins with a synopsis of who is believed to have written it, during what time period, and why it was written? Why do you believe Mark Twain wrote "Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer"(?) because his name and picture are on the book -since you probably were not there to witness it first hand. Why would you believe any other theory that says God is not real with no proof of that claim? Here's the thing: I shared with you a very simple way to have your question about God's existence answered first hand by God himself, yet you respond with the same simple nonsense and disbelief that you have carried on with for years -putting your own eternal life in danger. Why are you so afraid to find God for yourself? Do you think that some wrong you did in the past makes you "unacceptable" to God? Do you think that for some reason God could not possibly love and accept you, flaws and all like He does the rest of us? If so, you are so very wrong. The bible is filled with stories and examples of how God loves us so much that He is not only willing to forgive our sins, but has also promised not to hold our sins against us once we accept Christ as Lord. Out of all the characters mentioned in the bible, realize that there were only two who had done 'no wrong' in God's eyes - Enoch and Jesus....yet that fact did not stop God from using each person mentioned to do great works for mankind and thereby prove the very existence of God. What proof can you offer that He doesn't exist -just because you don't think so? Have you ever considered that old saying "a billion Chinese can't be wrong?"
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to c... (show quote)


I'm sure you know by now that you're wasting your time and Satan has ole Nicky hooked line and sinker !

He will not listen to sound doctrine and thus will pay the price when he stands before God the one who he claims isn't real !

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 15:21:14   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
Nickolai wrote:
John Gottfried Eichhorn has been called the ‘Father of Old Testament Criticism’. He believed that the Bible was a product of human initiative, without divine intervention. Eichhorn was the first to apply the term ‘myth’ to biblical studies, and he argued that the Genesis accounts of creation and the Flood were just like the fables in other cultures. During the 1820s, in lectures to theological students at Göttingen, Germany, he ridiculed miraculous events in the Bible, several years before Darwin embarked on the Beagle.

At around the same time, German theologian David Strauss studied the philosopher Hegel, who had said that Christian theology was symbolic and that it simply anticipated the evolution of a single, infinite, spiritual life unfolding in the history of mankind. In 1835, Strauss published The Life of Jesus Critically Examined. In it he argued that the supernatural elements found in the gospels were due to stories that arose after Jesus’ death; the miracles were not history but religious symbols. The book caused a sensation in Germany and cost Strauss his career.However within a few decades the book was being widely accepted and is now regarded as a brilliant and important work by liberal theologians.
John Gottfried Eichhorn has been called the ‘Fath... (show quote)


I read something like this and I chuckle. Eichhorn? Strauss? What I see here is a couple of imps shooting spit wads at the towering, impregnable wall of a great castle. How's that for symbolism?

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 15:30:17   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
4430 wrote:
I'm sure you know by now that you're wasting your time and Satan has ole Nicky hooked line and sinker !

He will not listen to sound doctrine and thus will pay the price when he stands before God the one who he claims isn't real !


4430- actually, the Spirit just shared that very thing you say with me, after reading Nik's last post. The scripture teaches that "some will be given over to a depraved mind" -and that only Christ himself can help them. I am sorry to say I believe Nik is in that group. His responses indicates that he "doesn't want to risk believing" in God because then how would he explain all the decades that he has denied God? How could he continue to root around in the darkness of sin if he admitted that God were real? I pray for Nik and others like him, and leave his fate up to God and himself. Thanks for your post!

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 15:34:50   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
JediKnight wrote:
Answer: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved above the waters. And God said, "Let there be light, and it was so. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light 'day' and the darkness He called 'night.' And the evening and the morning were the first day."- Genesis 1 // Everything that exists -both seen and unseen - is created by God. Therefore, all science, matter, logic, ill-logic, reasoning, understanding and intelligence is made possible by God....and there is no other like He. period.
Answer: "In the beginning, God created the he... (show quote)


I don't buy in to the holy texts, especially the ones which describe creation and miracles. I do think there is as intelligent something behind the universe, but I accept that I just don't know. It would surprise me less than if there were none. We're talking about undefinable things.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 15:36:08   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
I read something like this and I chuckle. Eichhorn? Strauss? What I see here is a couple of imps shooting spit wads at the towering, impregnable wall of a great castle. How's that for symbolism?


Who you calling an imp?

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 15:53:12   #
Nickolai
 
JediKnight wrote:
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to confuse, misinterpret, or misunderstand. God created all things -which of course includes nature. I know there is God because He makes himself known to me, and resides within me. You can call me a liar because you don't understand, but that does not make what you say about God true. How can you say the bible has no 'known authors' when each book begins with a synopsis of who is believed to have written it, during what time period, and why it was written? Why do you believe Mark Twain wrote "Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer"(?) because his name and picture are on the book -since you probably were not there to witness it first hand. Why would you believe any other theory that says God is not real with no proof of that claim? Here's the thing: I shared with you a very simple way to have your question about God's existence answered first hand by God himself, yet you respond with the same simple nonsense and disbelief that you have carried on with for years -putting your own eternal life in danger. Why are you so afraid to find God for yourself? Do you think that some wrong you did in the past makes you "unacceptable" to God? Do you think that for some reason God could not possibly love and accept you, flaws and all like He does the rest of us? If so, you are so very wrong. The bible is filled with stories and examples of how God loves us so much that He is not only willing to forgive our sins, but has also promised not to hold our sins against us once we accept Christ as Lord. Out of all the characters mentioned in the bible, realize that there were only two who had done 'no wrong' in God's eyes - Enoch and Jesus....yet that fact did not stop God from using each person mentioned to do great works for mankind and thereby prove the very existence of God. What proof can you offer that He doesn't exist -just because you don't think so? Have you ever considered that old saying "a billion Chinese can't be wrong?"
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to c... (show quote)





You said it who is believed who wrote it --it's just a best guess .Moses is believed to have written the first five books Is my best guess--but we now know Moses as a fictional character and the Jews were never enslaved in Egypt and the Exodus never happened. Israeli archeologist now believe all five books are fictions. There is no evidence of any kind to support those stories. and that they were written centuries after they were supposed to have happened and the stories do not fit the time line of present evidence For instance, in the Story of Joseph the story speaks of camel caravans and camels were not used in caravans until a centuries later time frame. The bible speaks of Jerusalem as a big capital city at a time when historically it was a small village according to archeological evidence

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:04:30   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
I don't buy in to the holy texts, especially the ones which describe creation and miracles. I do think there is as intelligent something behind the universe, but I accept that I just don't know. It would surprise me less than if there were none. We're talking about undefinable things.


I understand your viewpoint. However, those who honestly "don't know" will be allowed one more chance to learn when Christ returns for the First Judgement. In His infinite wisdom, God knew that there would be many who "do not believe" - yet wonder....." Nwtk keep searching your heart and mind for the answers you seek....you will find that the truth is already inside you. peace be unto you.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:08:07   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
Nickolai wrote:
You said it who is believed who wrote it --it's just a best guess .Moses is believed to have written the first five books Is my best guess--but we now know Moses as a fictional character and the Jews were never enslaved in Egypt and the Exodus never happened. Israeli archeologist now believe all five books are fictions. There is no evidence of any kind to support those stories. and that they were written centuries after they were supposed to have happened and the stories do not fit the time line of present evidence For instance, in the Story of Joseph the story speaks of camel caravans and camels were not used in caravans until a centuries later time frame. The bible speaks of Jerusalem as a big capital city at a time when historically it was a small village according to archeological evidence
You said it who is believed who wrote it --it's ju... (show quote)


Nicolai: it is a foolish man who believes he can turn the mind of fools. I believe you are determined to "not believe" and that of course is your right and choice. I still pray for you and those who think as you do, because God is merciful and benevolent perhaps He will do what is necessary to enlighten you. As for me, all I can do is pray for you and continue trying to be the best example of His love and mercy that I can be. I wish all the best for you and your family, and in the words of my friend Spock: "live long and prosper."

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:14:48   #
Nickolai
 
JediKnight wrote:
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to confuse, misinterpret, or misunderstand. God created all things -which of course includes nature. I know there is God because He makes himself known to me, and resides within me. You can call me a liar because you don't understand, but that does not make what you say about God true. How can you say the bible has no 'known authors' when each book begins with a synopsis of who is believed to have written it, during what time period, and why it was written? Why do you believe Mark Twain wrote "Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer"(?) because his name and picture are on the book -since you probably were not there to witness it first hand. Why would you believe any other theory that says God is not real with no proof of that claim? Here's the thing: I shared with you a very simple way to have your question about God's existence answered first hand by God himself, yet you respond with the same simple nonsense and disbelief that you have carried on with for years -putting your own eternal life in danger. Why are you so afraid to find God for yourself? Do you think that some wrong you did in the past makes you "unacceptable" to God? Do you think that for some reason God could not possibly love and accept you, flaws and all like He does the rest of us? If so, you are so very wrong. The bible is filled with stories and examples of how God loves us so much that He is not only willing to forgive our sins, but has also promised not to hold our sins against us once we accept Christ as Lord. Out of all the characters mentioned in the bible, realize that there were only two who had done 'no wrong' in God's eyes - Enoch and Jesus....yet that fact did not stop God from using each person mentioned to do great works for mankind and thereby prove the very existence of God. What proof can you offer that He doesn't exist -just because you don't think so? Have you ever considered that old saying "a billion Chinese can't be wrong?"
What you seem to be doing is trying your best to c... (show quote)





No I don't call you a liar. The mind is amazing in how easily one can psych ones self up. Its what athletes do before a competition. I remember when I got saved in that Pentacostel church in 1945. Afterward I felt clean pure and it was real but temporary because I didnt go back to church to get another hit. One needs to leep going to church and getting hits taking puffs or the feeling begins to fade. That's why they used to hold revival meetings to revive the back sliders and bring them back into the fold. I kept praying for god to reveal him self to me to make himself evident but I never heard back and didnt go to church again for about a year so I became a back slider and am still waiting to hear back in answere to my prayers

No there is no absolute proof there is no god but the mountain of scientific evidence makes it highly un likely. It makes no sense at all given the preponderance of our scientific knowledge --and every day that evidence grows, while there has been nothing new in religion for 2000 years, with the exception of the emergence of Islam. You keep talking abut stories in the bible as though it was history --but it is not history it's literature

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:21:03   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
Nickolai wrote:
No I don't call you a liar. The mind is amazing in how easily one can psych ones self up. Its what athletes do before a competition. I remember when I got saved in that Pentacostel church in 1945. Afterward I felt clean pure and it was real but temporary because I didnt go back to church to get another hit. One needs to leep going to church and getting hits taking puffs or the feeling begins to fade. That's why they used to hold revival meetings to revive the back sliders and bring them back into the fold. I kept praying for god to reveal him self to me to make himself evident but I never heard back and didnt go to church again for about a year so I became a back slider and am still waiting to hear back in answere to my prayers

No there is no absolute proof there is no god but the mountain of scientific evidence makes it highly un likely. It makes no sense at all given the preponderance of our scientific knowledge --and every day that evidence grows, while there has been nothing new in religion for 2000 years, with the exception of the emergence of Islam. You keep talking abut stories in the bible as though it was history --but it is not history it's literature
No I don't call you a liar. The mind is amazing i... (show quote)


One last question before I stop responding to your posts: Years before and everyday since you were "saved" in that Pentecostal church - what makes it possible for you to take a breath and live each day? What science created that oxygen and continues to produce enough for you to live? GOD. period.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:30:24   #
Nickolai
 
JediKnight wrote:
4430- actually, the Spirit just shared that very thing you say with me, after reading Nik's last post. The scripture teaches that "some will be given over to a depraved mind" -and that only Christ himself can help them. I am sorry to say I believe Nik is in that group. His responses indicates that he "doesn't want to risk believing" in God because then how would he explain all the decades that he has denied God? How could he continue to root around in the darkness of sin if he admitted that God were real? I pray for Nik and others like him, and leave his fate up to God and himself. Thanks for your post!
4430- actually, the Spirit just shared that very t... (show quote)






I'm no sinner. If by sin you mean doing bad things. I haven't done a bad thing since I stole a little car of a kids desk in first grade and got caught playing with it and kept lying about where I got it. Eventually mom shamed me in to confessing She never hit me but shamed me into feeling the lowest I could ever imagine and swore to never do another bad thing for I never wanted to have that feeling again for as long as I lived. I took the little car back to school and put it back on the kids disk and have never done a bad thing again. Belief in a God is based on faith because of the absence of evidence. If convincing evidence could be produced I would start believing but so far I have seen none outside the bible. This is Jesus in an ancient painting of the zodiac. Notice the sun disks behind the heads of the people.





| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 16:51:48   #
JediKnight (a regular here)
 
Nickolai wrote:
I'm no sinner. If by sin you mean doing bad things. I haven't done a bad thing since I stole a little car of a kids desk in first grade and got caught playing with it and kept lying about where I got it. Eventually mom shamed me in to confessing She never hit me but shamed me into feeling the lowest I could ever imagine and swore to never do another bad thing for I never wanted to have that feeling again for as long as I lived. I took the little car back to school and put it back on the kids disk and have never done a bad thing again. Belief in a God is based on faith because of the absence of evidence. If convincing evidence could be produced I would start believing but so far I have seen none outside the bible. This is Jesus in an ancient painting of the zodiac. Notice the sun disks behind the heads of the people.
I'm no sinner. If by sin you mean doing bad thing... (show quote)


Every time you tell a lie -even a "white" lie you are sinning -"doing a bad thing." Each time you get angry and seek to retaliate even in the smallest way - you are 'doing a bad thing.' Your very denial of the existence of God is a 'major' bad thing. heavy sigh.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 17:59:16   #
CounterRevolutionary
 
Nickolai wrote:
Men have planted a lot of those species of fish Trout from the Western US have been planted in streams in New Zealand in the 19th century meddling with the natural order by mankind probably accounts for a lot of that


What if there is another force going on, say the shifting magnetism in the earth's crust coupled with cosmic rays weakening our magnetic field as a shield?

Take a look at a world map, understanding that the western hemisphere fits neatly up against the western border of Europe and Africa. The Amazon River is matched with a similar fracture/fault line through central Africa. the Congo river is 1000 feet deep at some points, whereas the Amazon had a duplicate twin river some 1000 feet beneath the surface river.

We now know that the fresh water is released and arises through these fault lines where the water under pressure is trapped between the mantle and crust in a solid form of ringwoodite. There is a similar situation under the St. Lawrence Seaway.

In fact, seismic surveys of the earth's crust show that there is four times the amount of fresh water trapped underneath North America than the total volume of all the world's oceans.

Geophysics, astronomy and life on earth is an exceedingly complex system that we really little people know diddly squat about, with all this pretentious blather about Gregor Mendelson and Charles Darwin.

Is there an Intelligent Designer behind this complex cosmic plot?

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 18:09:00   #
CounterRevolutionary
 
Iliamna1 wrote:
I started off majoring in forestry and land management and completed my freshman year at the College of Great Falls (now named the University of Great Falls) with the intent to transfer to the University of Montana the following year. My mother remarried, and my step-father was transferred to San Antonio. My parents could not afford the out-of-state tuition that we would now have had to pay, soooo I switched to pharmacy with the intent of doing biomedical research. I ended up attending the University of Texas and got to the end of my junior year (pharmacy then was a five-year course, now it's six). I so loathed being confined between the narrow shelves filling prescriptions during the mandatory pre-graduation internship, I knew that was not for me. Soooo I switched to nursing. I guess you could say I was a professional student at the time. All my courses were added up and I have the equivalent of completed majors in biology, chemistry and biochemistry as well as a bachelor of science in nursing plus I later earned 14 hours toward a master's (which I stopped pursuing) as I had found my 'place' working in intensive care for over 40 years.
DON'T EVER TELL ME I DON'T KNOW BIOLOLGY ! ! ! You cut and paste from 'experts' in their fields. I haven't needed to.
I started off majoring in forestry and land manage... (show quote)


Iliamna1, when you wish to make a response to another person, if you click on the "quote reply" button that is beneath the article you are responding to, the other readers on this forum can better follow along the full discussion.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 18:20:40   #
nwtk2007 (a regular here)
 
Nickolai wrote:
You said it who is believed who wrote it --it's just a best guess .Moses is believed to have written the first five books Is my best guess--but we now know Moses as a fictional character and the Jews were never enslaved in Egypt and the Exodus never happened. Israeli archeologist now believe all five books are fictions. There is no evidence of any kind to support those stories. and that they were written centuries after they were supposed to have happened and the stories do not fit the time line of present evidence For instance, in the Story of Joseph the story speaks of camel caravans and camels were not used in caravans until a centuries later time frame. The bible speaks of Jerusalem as a big capital city at a time when historically it was a small village according to archeological evidence
You said it who is believed who wrote it --it's ju... (show quote)


You got a link to that info?

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.