One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
I guess walls are immoral only if they are used in the US
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jan 10, 2019 15:43:29   #
| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:09:10   #
Carol Kelly (a regular here)
 


Have you watched Pres. Trump at the Texas border today with Cronyn and Cruz? I believe we’ll get our wall. The Dems are cutting their own throats by bucking him on this and he’s not shy about saying so. MAGA!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:20:24   #
peter11937 (a regular here)
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
Have you watched Pres. Trump at the Texas border today with Cronyn and Cruz? I believe we’ll get our wall. The Dems are cutting their own throats by bucking him on this and he’s not shy about saying so. MAGA!


Great wall of China worked for1000 years, Hadrian's wall worked and the Israeli wall works. Ours at the Mexican border works now, more wll would work too. Not perfectly, but much better than nothing.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 17:16:11   #
Klee
 
peter11937 wrote:
Great wall of China worked for1000 years, Hadrian's wall worked and the Israeli wall works. Ours at the Mexican border works now, more wll would work too. Not perfectly, but much better than nothing.


I'm pretty sure those walls were built for invaders wanting to take over the countries. They were military invaders. Our southern border is not the same.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 17:29:59   #
tbutkovich
 
Prisons need to get rid of their walls. Construction companies need to open the gates and tear down their fences exposing their materials to all citizens and non-citizens, leave your keys in your cars, your wallet on the back porch, your purse in your shopping cart, and all the animals in the zoo should be released.

According to Chuckie and Rancid, who say to the Americans as they leave their gated mansions: How can you be in favor of the wall? It’s downright immoral!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 17:50:58   #
peg w
 
I can see that the wallmis immoral, just stupid, and a way
Trump may use to grab power.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 17:52:23   #
peg w
 
Great wall of china did not work. The Mongels went right over it.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:04:48   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
Exactly. Would be even more efficient.
Klee wrote:
I'm pretty sure those walls were built for invaders wanting to take over the countries. They were military invaders. Our southern border is not the same.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:04:52   #
tbutkovich
 
peg w wrote:
Great wall of china did not work. The Mongels went right over it.


PEG

Why do you have walls in your house? Just Curious!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:06:06   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
Was the wall immoral when the Dems voted for it before?
peg w wrote:
I can see that the wallmis immoral, just stupid, and a way
Trump may use to grab power.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:07:45   #
JFlorio (a regular here)
 
Actually for years it did. Don’t believe we have to worry about Mongels. Imagine we have different material now also.
peg w wrote:
Great wall of china did not work. The Mongels went right over it.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:08:46   #
tbutkovich
 
Peg

Trump wants to build the wall to keep law abiding citizens in and the losers out. That could be the reason you oppose the wall!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:10:39   #
RT friend (a regular here)
 

Alas the history of walls is abysmal.

The Chinese Great wall built over 2,000 years was just piles of dirt except for near Cities where it resembles a fortress, it didn't stop the Mongols or the Manchus, Han Chinese are generally made up of Mongol and Manchurian descendents, the Chinese wall was built by slaves paid for by tribute.

The true meaning of the Chinese wall was an expression of Imperial dominance that was the psychological purpose of the Great Wall of China.

In the final analysis the Chinese wall created a Walled-in view rather than a Walled-out view which caused China to scuttle it's fleet in the 15th Century deferring a feeling security to become physical isolation followed by the 100 years of humiliation.

Same with Israel's wall, the only chance Israel had to succeed was to blend in and assimilate, the wall seperating them from Palestinians added to a psychology of apartheid that will prove to be untenable.

Hadrian's wall also built 2,000 years ago was the better wall, it was really the only wall seperating Barbarians from Civilization, all others were one faction of War Lords opposed by others and not part of Civilized cognition, but Hadrian's wall was short built of stone in 6 years by 15,000 soldiers and other volunteers.

The Romans could have built a similar wall in Germany but they were not stupid, they did build one between the Danube and the Rhine which worked fine until the God dammed rivers got frozen over, that was a bad week for the Romans.

Trump is committed but should settle for an electric fence, "low voltage of course" with a quick response network when ever the system is violated, but I doubt that even then Texans will accept it for more than a few decade before pulling it down.



| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 18:25:29   #
Blade_Runner (a regular here)
 
RT friend wrote:
Alas the history of walls is abysmal.

The Chinese Great wall built over 2,000 years was just piles of dirt except for near Cities where it resembles a fortress, it didn't stop the Mongols or the Manchus, Han Chinese are generally made up of Mongol and Manchurian descendents, the Chinese wall was built by slaves paid for by tribute.

The true meaning of the Chinese wall was an expression of Imperial dominance that was the psychological purpose of the Great Wall of China.

In the final analysis the Chinese wall created a Walled-in view rather than a Walled-out view which caused China to scuttle it's fleet in the 15th Century deferring a feeling security to become physical isolation followed by the 100 years of humiliation.

Same with Israel's wall, the only chance Israel had to succeed was to blend in and assimilate, the wall seperating them from Palestinians added to a psychology of apartheid that will prove to be untenable.

Hadrian's wall also built 2,000 years ago was the better wall, it was really the only wall seperating Barbarians from Civilization, all others were one faction of War Lords opposed by others and not part of Civilized cognition, but Hadrian's wall was short built of stone in 6 years by 15,000 soldiers and other volunteers.

The Romans could have built a similar wall in Germany but they were not stupid, they did build one between the Danube and the Rhine which worked fine until the God dammed rivers got frozen over, that was a bad week for the Romans.

Trump is committed but should settle for an electric fence, "low voltage of course" with a quick response network when ever the system is violated, but I doubt that even then Texans will accept it for more than a few decade before pulling it down.


Alas the history of walls is abysmal. br br The C... (show quote)



| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 20:10:44   #
RT friend (a regular here)
 
That's true but so are bridges, the idea is for you (me) personally to be on the winning side, we just use our best judgment.

Now ,! this is deep, ideology can't be right every time, if it could, bad would be always chasing good which is absurd, because who would ever fess up to being bad, except Leroy Brown, so we got to ask ourselves xactly why did Leyroy do it.

I personally think it was his GF, furthermore I also believe that what she had over him was all to do with the Great Apes that's the fringe elements of the Democrats, they will win on demography it's not ideology it's instinct.

We've always grappled with it overall I think we were winning until about 60 years ago, but good must always be the under dog, I wish I had such a GF, how sad.


| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.