One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
At last, the answer of how jesus became white, and why it is time to change
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jun 27, 2020 22:21:48   #
factnotfiction
 
Many icons of the white christian conservative evangelicals are being challenged and in some cases, being torn down and removed, confederate racist statues, the ever present racism of the fearful, the misinformation of rightwingnut media among many others, so it is time to tell the truth about god, jesus, and other white symbols of white privilege and false history.

This article exposes just how white jesus was 'created' by and artist, just as most religious paintings and symbols are.




https://religionnews.com/2020/06/24/how-jesus-became-white-and-why-its-time-to-cancel-that/

| Reply
Jun 27, 2020 22:28:05   #
son of witless
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Many icons of the white christian conservative evangelicals are being challenged and in some cases, being torn down and removed, confederate racist statues, the ever present racism of the fearful, the misinformation of rightwingnut media among many others, so it is time to tell the truth about god, jesus, and other white symbols of white privilege and false history.

This article exposes just how white jesus was 'created' by and artist, just as most religious paintings and symbols are.




https://religionnews.com/2020/06/24/how-jesus-became-white-and-why-its-time-to-cancel-that/
Many icons of the white christian conservative eva... (show quote)


So you are in favor of street mob justice and rule ? What do you care about the color of a man you hate ?

| Reply
Jun 27, 2020 22:34:13   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Many icons of the white christian conservative evangelicals are being challenged and in some cases, being torn down and removed, confederate racist statues, the ever present racism of the fearful, the misinformation of rightwingnut media among many others, so it is time to tell the truth about god, jesus, and other white symbols of white privilege and false history.

This article exposes just how white jesus was 'created' by and artist, just as most religious paintings and symbols are.




https://religionnews.com/2020/06/24/how-jesus-became-white-and-why-its-time-to-cancel-that/
Many icons of the white christian conservative eva... (show quote)


The article didn't make much of a case... It just stated that different cultures tend to depict Jesus in ways that are more ethnocentric...

Funny how the white people don't care if Jesus is depicted as black, brown, yellow, or white...

Guess some people just live to be triggered

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 08:20:25   #
susanblange Loc: USA
 
SOS 5:10. "My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand". The Messiah's ethnic background is mainly Norwegian. They are the tribe of Joseph/Ephraim. Satan is also white but he was black originally in his former life. He is Adam. Dark pigment is dominant, black hair, skin, and brown eyes, where as lighter pigment is recessive. Fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. You can get the recessive from the dominant, but you cannot get the dominant from the recessive. Therefore, Adam had to have been black.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 08:34:47   #
factnotfiction
 
susanblange wrote:
SOS 5:10. "My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand". The Messiah's ethnic background is mainly Norwegian. They are the tribe of Joseph/Ephraim. Satan is also white but he was black originally in his former life. He is Adam. Dark pigment is dominant, black hair, skin, and brown eyes, where as lighter pigment is recessive. Fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. You can get the recessive from the dominant, but you cannot get the dominant from the recessive. Therefore, Adam had to have been black.
SOS 5:10. "My beloved is white and ruddy, the... (show quote)




Amazing



| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 09:57:03   #
SGM B Loc: TEXAS but live in Alabama now
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Amazing


Hmmmm, indeed.
SGM B out

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 15:08:06   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: the Frozen Tundra
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
The article didn't make much of a case... It just stated that different cultures tend to depict Jesus in ways that are more ethnocentric...

Funny how the white people don't care if Jesus is depicted as black, brown, yellow, or white...

Guess some people just live to be triggered
The article didn't make much of a case... It just... (show quote)


I agree.

If you Google "the Shroud of Turin" you will see what many believe to be the burial wrap of Jesus, with a man's image embedded in the cloth. The process or event that created this image has been the subject of speculation for centuries.

What I find most interesting about this image is how perfectly it addresses the age old curiosity about the physical appearance of Jesus while at the same time perfectly side-stepping the issue of skin color. The image is the color of the shroud.

Our Heavenly Father often answers our questions in astonishing ways that also may admonish us to direct our attention elsewhere, for our own good.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 15:12:11   #
Ike25
 
The color of Jesus, or any other person in the bible is not important to me. What they did is important to me.

Jesus paid the price for my sins, in order that I donot have to pay them. What ever color His skin is (I use present tense since He is still alive and lives forever) I rejoice with Him in my salvation!!!

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 16:13:07   #
susanblange Loc: USA
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
I agree.

If you Google "the Shroud of Turin" you will see what many believe to be the burial wrap of Jesus, with a man's image embedded in the cloth. The process or event that created this image has been the subject of speculation for centuries.

What I find most interesting about this image is how perfectly it addresses the age old curiosity about the physical appearance of Jesus while at the same time perfectly side-stepping the issue of skin color. The image is the color of the shroud.

Our Heavenly Father often answers our questions in astonishing ways that also may admonish us to direct our attention elsewhere, for our own good.
I agree. br br If you Google "the Shroud of... (show quote)


Even if the shroud is authentic, it doesn't matter because it doesn't prove anything. The God of Israel is the living God and earth is called "the land of the living" in the OT. If Jesus had risen from the dead, he would be here. The purpose of the resurrection is to conquer and transcend death. When the God of Israel comes to earth to be the King of the Universe and set up the Kingdom of God, it will be forever. Christians will have him executed but he will return on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. Zechariah 14:4-5. "...in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". Zechariah 14:9.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 16:42:20   #
SGM B Loc: TEXAS but live in Alabama now
 
susanblange wrote:
Even if the shroud is authentic, it doesn't matter because it doesn't prove anything. The God of Israel is the living God and earth is called "the land of the living" in the OT. If Jesus had risen from the dead, he would be here. The purpose of the resurrection is to conquer and transcend death. When the God of Israel comes to earth to be the King of the Universe and set up the Kingdom of God, it will be forever. Christians will have him executed but he will return on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. Zechariah 14:4-5. "...in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one". Zechariah 14:9.
Even if the shroud is authentic, it doesn't matter... (show quote)


If Jesus had risen??? You obviously do not believe the New Testamant, therefore there is no help for you. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the light - no one comes to the Father but by me. You need to return to Christanity, Judaism, I'm sorry to say - doesn't seem to be working for you. You deny Christ is the son of God but claim Adam was the son of God. No, Adam was created by God but not the son of God.
I leave you to your Judaism.
SGM B out

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 19:19:10   #
nonalien1 Loc: Mojave Desert
 
Ike25 wrote:
The color of Jesus, or any other person in the bible is not important to me. What they did is important to me.

Jesus paid the price for my sins, in order that I donot have to pay them. What ever color His skin is (I use present tense since He is still alive and lives forever) I rejoice with Him in my salvation!!!


The book of James , written I'd imagine, by James ,gives us a physical description of Jesus. paraphrasing, His skin was the color of a freshly minted copper coin.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 20:11:17   #
JoyV
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Many icons of the white christian conservative evangelicals are being challenged and in some cases, being torn down and removed, confederate racist statues, the ever present racism of the fearful, the misinformation of rightwingnut media among many others, so it is time to tell the truth about god, jesus, and other white symbols of white privilege and false history.

This article exposes just how white jesus was 'created' by and artist, just as most religious paintings and symbols are.




https://religionnews.com/2020/06/24/how-jesus-became-white-and-why-its-time-to-cancel-that/
Many icons of the white christian conservative eva... (show quote)


When you can logically explain other religion's beliefs and agree that all religious symbols need to fit current political correctness; then I will consider your conclusion on Jesus and what actions should be compelled IF compelling those actions do not violate our constitution.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 20:14:53   #
factnotfiction
 
JoyV wrote:
When you can logically explain other religion's beliefs and agree that all religious symbols need to fit current political correctness; then I will consider your conclusion on Jesus and what actions should be compelled IF compelling those actions do not violate our constitution.





You are free to believe whatever it is that you believe, even if it is just fantasy



| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 20:18:27   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
factnotfiction wrote:
Amazing
You've been pawned, punk.

| Reply
Jun 28, 2020 20:26:00   #
factnotfiction
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
You've been pawned, punk.





So says the resident phony, who has no idea whatever it is that he babbles about

We all know what you are



| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.