One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
Jun 15, 2020 21:09:08   #
PeterS
 
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:11:52   #
son of witless
 
PeterS wrote:
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...


Why is this important to you ?

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:13:33   #
Liberty Tree
 
son of witless wrote:
Why is this important to you ?


Because he is a religious bigot who hates Christians.

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:18:30   #
son of witless
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
Because he is a religious bigot who hates Christians.


I thought there could be another reason.

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:26:14   #
American Vet
 
PeterS wrote:
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...


Providing ‘special’ protections for one group also deprives some freedoms from another group.

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:30:19   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
PeterS wrote:
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...


Anyone who discusses sex in my college will be fired..

The sex lives of the faculty are private... And should remain so...

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:39:34   #
Crayons Loc: St Jo, Texas
 
PeterS wrote:
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...

Smooth move by the leftists on the supreme court...Now no one will hire the queerbait's
because of the liability...now they'll all be > wards of the state-welfare-system

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:40:08   #
Liberty Tree
 
son of witless wrote:
I thought there could be another reason.


Not with him

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:50:39   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
PeterS wrote:
Right-wingers say the Supreme Court ruling will destroy "religious liberty" and force them to treat LGBTQ people like equal citizens under the law.

Firing someone because they are LGBTQ violates federal law. We’ve always known this, says ACLU — but today the Supreme Court made it official. Now it’s up to Congress to finish the work.

One step at a time...
You've been warned, man. We all have. Many of us take the warning seriously. Shame you don't.

Our right to practice our faith is inalienable, we cannot surrender that right or give it away and no one, not the supreme court, the ACLU, or the devil himself can take it away from us.

As Nicodemus said, "Only God can do that."

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 21:55:25   #
ldsuttonjr Loc: ShangriLa
 
CD: Absolutely, as long as there is no impropriety!

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 22:33:30   #
PeterS
 
son of witless wrote:
Why is this important to you ?

I think justice and just outcomes should be important to everyone. We have a stacked Supreme Court. It was stacked purposely to render conservative outcomes. That an actual just outcome was given by a clear majority says something and makes me feel just a little better about our court and this country that we live in...

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 22:35:55   #
PeterS
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Anyone who discusses sex in my college will be fired..

The sex lives of the faculty are private... And should remain so...

I'm not sure of your point. I would suggest that you not talk about sex...

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 22:40:12   #
Crayons Loc: St Jo, Texas
 
PeterS wrote:
I'm not sure of your point. I would suggest that you not talk about sex...


You're the one who brought it up by exposing your leftist hero's 'lgbt' agenda

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 22:46:09   #
PeterS
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
You've been warned, man. We all have. Many of us take the warning seriously. Shame you don't.

Our right to practice our faith is inalienable, we cannot surrender that right or give it away and no one, not the supreme court, the ACLU, or the devil himself can take it away from us.

As Nicodemus said, "Only God can do that."

You are welcome to practice your faith but you can't hide behind your faith in order to discriminate against others.

And what warning are you making? Do you and you intend to go all Rambo because you didn't get your way? That fits with the regressive macho-man that I imagine you to be. Plus, you've overlooked adultery and any slew of sins in your president so what it is about homosexuality that won't allow you to leave that judgment to your god?

| Reply
Jun 15, 2020 22:47:21   #
PeterS
 
Crayons wrote:
You're the one who brought it up by exposing your leftist hero's 'lgbt' agenda

Huh? What does that have to do with the discussion of sex on college campuses in China?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.