One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Corona virus
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 25, 2020 11:00:00   #
Lonewolf
 
From what I have read if you contracted the virus on Monday by Wed you would be contagious and it could be 14 days before you have symptoms.
That leaves you 11 days to spread the virus to friends family fellow workers and general public!
This is why testing is so important we need to find these people and isolate them as soon as posibul.
Think about how many people who you would normally contact over a period of 11 days its scary.
Keep safe

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 11:41:29   #
MR Mister Loc: Washington DC
 
Lonewolf wrote:
From what I have read if you contracted the virus on Monday by Wed you would be contagious and it could be 14 days before you have symptoms.
That leaves you 11 days to spread the virus to friends family fellow workers and general public!
This is why testing is so important we need to find these people and isolate them as soon as posibul.
Think about how many people who you would normally contact over a period of 11 days its scary.
Keep safe


It seems you at one time you wanted everybody south of the border to get into America not knowing if or what they may have as to any disease!

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 11:54:10   #
Lonewolf
 
MR Mister wrote:
It seems you at one time you wanted everybody south of the border to get into America not knowing if or what they may have as to any disease!


I don't every recall that and what does it have to do with my post whuch was purely informational.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:03:03   #
MR Mister Loc: Washington DC
 
Lonewolf wrote:
I don't every recall that and what does it have to do with my post whuch was purely informational.


just a simple question.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:05:24   #
Kevyn
 
Lonewolf wrote:
I don't every recall that and what does it have to do with my post whuch was purely informational.


The republicans need to add an element of racial hate, discrimination and scapegoating to their response to anything. This is red meat to trumps ignorant base and it is their lifeblood. Without this Trump is exposed for the bumbling clown he is even to his sloven worshipers.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:06:02   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Lonewolf wrote:
From what I have read if you contracted the virus on Monday by Wed you would be contagious and it could be 14 days before you have symptoms.
That leaves you 11 days to spread the virus to friends family fellow workers and general public!
This is why testing is so important we need to find these people and isolate them as soon as posibul.
Think about how many people who you would normally contact over a period of 11 days its scary.
Keep safe


I think we might be beyond testing to find the millions of carriers. Which is why I now agree with a forced 21 day lockdown. China has had a lockdown for months.
I agree that there are troubling logistics , but most could get worked out.
Anyone buying groceries must wear a mask, gloves and not unpack groceries for 48 hours unless they have sanitizer to clean and wipe each item.
Must wear gloves and mask to pump gas and any cash exchange sanitized.
Give this a chance to die out and those with the virus and no symptoms to move beyond the contagious period.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:09:26   #
Lonewolf
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
I think we might be beyond testing to find the millions of carriers. Which is why I now agree with a forced 21 day lockdown. China has had a lockdown for months.
I agree that there are troubling logistics , but most could get worked out.
Anyone buying groceries must wear a mask, gloves and not unpack groceries for 48 hours unless they have sanitizer to clean and wipe each item.
Must wear gloves and mask to pump gas and any cash exchange sanitized.
Give this a chance to die out and those with the virus and no symptoms to move beyond the contagious period.
I think we might be beyond testing to find the mil... (show quote)


Agree we all need to take this dead serious because it is , long past time to stop air travel in or out of hot spots like N.Y..

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:10:03   #
moldyoldy
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
I think we might be beyond testing to find the millions of carriers. Which is why I now agree with a forced 21 day lockdown. China has had a lockdown for months.
I agree that there are troubling logistics , but most could get worked out.
Anyone buying groceries must wear a mask, gloves and not unpack groceries for 48 hours unless they have sanitizer to clean and wipe each item.
Must wear gloves and mask to pump gas and any cash exchange sanitized.
Give this a chance to die out and those with the virus and no symptoms to move beyond the contagious period.
I think we might be beyond testing to find the mil... (show quote)



Some good points, too bad, we can’t find masks.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 12:28:11   #
Lonewolf
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Some good points, too bad, we can’t find masks.


and too bad we don't have test kits

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:08:23   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Some good points, too bad, we can’t find masks.



Which is probably why we have the virus.
With manufacturing on 24/7 maximum output, a lot could change over the next week to seven days.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:18:58   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Lonewolf wrote:
and too bad we don't have test kits



I think they have more than they are saying. In most parts of the country it takes a doctors order for insurance companies to pay or be free.
Here in north Idaho the locations are not made public. First a doctor or state health department interview's in person or by phone, sends the order, gives the patient the address. Description of the vehicle you will be arriving in, year, make, model and color. Without pre screening, no one can be tested.
I gather New York waste over 80% of their test kits, lab workers time.
Several states are being smart and by not wasting, have more test kits than they need.
Some are saying that this could infect as many as 80% of Americans if not controlled. At that rate it would be impossible to have the tens of thousands of beds, respirators, medical staff.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:22:43   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
I think they have more than they are saying. In most parts of the country it takes a doctors order for insurance companies to pay or be free.
Here in north Idaho the locations are not made public. First a doctor or state health department interview's in person or by phone, sends the order, gives the patient the address. Description of the vehicle you will be arriving in, year, make, model and color. Without pre screening, no one can be tested.
I gather New York waste over 80% of their test kits, lab workers time.
Several states are being smart and by not wasting, have more test kits than they need.
Some are saying that this could infect as many as 80% of Americans if not controlled. At that rate it would be impossible to have the tens of thousands of beds, respirators, medical staff.
I think they have more than they are saying. In mo... (show quote)
It is the state governments, i.e., governors, who are responsible for preparing their states for such contingencies. State governments certify hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities within their state, they regulate them, approve expansion of them, authorize upgrades in medical equipment and supplies. State governments license physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals. This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

It is telling that the hardest hit states - New York, California, Washington, New Jersey - are all run by democrats. With over half the cases of COVID-19, NY is the epicenter of this pandemic.

Due to prior viral outbreaks such as the flu and Ebola, governor Cuomo was told that NY needed to beef up the state's defense. He rejected the proposal.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:35:25   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
It is the state governments, i.e., governors, who are responsible for preparing their states for such contingencies. State governments certify hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities within their state, they regulate them, approve expansion of them, authorize upgrades in medical equipment and supplies. State governments license physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals. This is not the responsibility of the federal government.

It is telling that the hardest hit states - New York, California, Washington, New Jersey - are all run by democrats. With over half the cases of COVID-19, NY is the epicenter of this pandemic.

Due to prior viral outbreaks such as the flu and Ebola, governor Cuomo was told that NY needed to beef up the state's defense. He rejected the proposal.
It is the state governments, i.e., governors, who ... (show quote)


Given the CDC has become a political arm of the left, its no suprise that neither the states or federal government provided an escape plan for something like this decades ago.
In the event of an CME from our Sun. Like what happened in 1849 ( The Carrington effect) our government would be helpless . We know it's going to happen again, we know it will take down the grid, but no government plan in effect to prevent a massive shut down... kinda like now.

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:39:43   #
Lonewolf
 
jack sequim wa wrote:
Given the CDC has become a political arm of the left, its no suprise that neither the states or federal government provided an escape plan for something like this decades ago.
In the event of an CME from our Sun. Like what happened in 1849 ( The Carrington effect) our government would be helpless . We know it's going to happen again, we know it will take down the grid, but no government plan in effect to prevent a massive shut down... kinda like now.


But who is in charge trump could fire the whole CDC, the 1% are looting the country and could care less about infrastructure,

| Reply
Mar 25, 2020 14:47:48   #
jack sequim wa Loc: Redding, CA
 
Lonewolf wrote:
But who is in charge trump could fire the whole CDC, the 1% are looting the country and could care less about infrastructure,



We could hope that Trump will revamp the CDC after this is over.
What government lead agency isn't either run by clowns or corrupt criminals. This even goes beyond liberal or conservative politics.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.