One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Senate Should Not Call New Witnesses
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 next>>
Jan 14, 2020 13:00:24   #
nwtk2007
 
PeterS wrote:
Nicely said...


Good, then it's settled. Trump is aquitted and we let the voters decide in November. We are ALL fine with that!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 13:00:36   #
bylm1-Bernie
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
Exactly. Both Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress could be highly opinion based as they are both very vague which, of course, is why those two "charges" were selected.


They had to put something on the paper. Now they're afraid to send it. This really is a crock.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 13:07:22   #
nwtk2007
 
bylm1-Bernie wrote:
They had to put something on the paper. Now they're afraid to send it. This really is a crock.


A crock of smelly Doo!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 13:16:22   #
PeterS
 
padremike wrote:
Excuse me but if you watched the House impeachment lynching, and understood what you were watching, you couldn't possibly come to the conclusions you do. The Senate can further investigate if they so desire.
The Outhouse cannot dictate to the Senate what they must do although your evil high priestess believes they can.

The Senate's task is the impeachment trial. The House's task was impeachment. The Senate can only prosecute relative to the impeachment...nothing more and nothing less...

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 13:42:52   #
nwtk2007
 
PeterS wrote:
The Senate's task is the impeachment trial. The House's task was impeachment. The Senate can only prosecute relative to the impeachment...nothing more and nothing less...


It is the opinion of the republican party that the president neither obstructed Congress nor abused his power. Later!

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 23:55:01   #
HAROLD JOHNSON
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I don't think that's how it works...
I

If this is going to be a fair trial, why are the Republicans not wanting witnesses? During the impeachment hearings the president did not allow witnesses from his administration. Now he does not want witnesses during the Senate trial. This sounds fishy to me. If Trump is innocent, why is he doing everything to make himself look guilty? IF the witnesses tell the truth under oath and he is cleared I can abide by that. Wake up America. We do not want or deserve a dictator.

| Reply
Jan 14, 2020 23:58:54   #
PJT
 
Harold Johnson. You forget the House hearings limited and forbid questions by Republicans of Schiff's witnesses. Testimony was often held behind closed doors and some Republicans were forbidden access.
There are good reasons for executive privilege.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 00:47:34   #
Robespierre
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
I don't think that's how it works...


The Senate makes the rules in the Senate, just like the House makes their rules in the House. So, it will work the way the Senate (read McConnell) says it will work

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 00:50:49   #
Robespierre
 
Kevyn wrote:
In a fair trial both the prosecution and defense call witnesses who give testimony and are cross examined. McConnell is setting up a mockery at the bequest of the crooked Pumpkinfuhrer.


This is not a criminal nor a civil trial. This is a political exercise. How else could the House pass Articles of Impeachment without ever hearing from a Witness on the President's behalf.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 00:54:56   #
Robespierre
 
The President did not allow Cabinet Members to be called as Witnesses because it would violate Executive Privileges, and no Fact Witnesses were called because none existed since the President did not commit a crime

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 02:23:21   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The House has already set a precedent that the partisan majority can impeach a President for any reason they choose.


Yep... Idiotic... Isn't it?

Hope the Republicans are a little smarter...

Won't hold my breath...

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 02:27:14   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
HAROLD JOHNSON wrote:
I

If this is going to be a fair trial, why are the Republicans not wanting witnesses? During the impeachment hearings the president did not allow witnesses from his administration. Now he does not want witnesses during the Senate trial. This sounds fishy to me. If Trump is innocent, why is he doing everything to make himself look guilty? IF the witnesses tell the truth under oath and he is cleared I can abide by that. Wake up America. We do not want or deserve a dictator.


How'd he prevent people from testifying?

Put a gun to their head?

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 02:29:17   #
Tug484
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Yep... Idiotic... Isn't it?

Hope the Republicans are a little smarter...

Won't hold my breath...


I wouldn't either.
I just saw where they may do as dems asked.
No spines!

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 06:18:37   #
Barracuda2020
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
The Senators should make their decision based on the articles of impeachment and the evidence the House Democrats used to pass them. It is not up to the Senate to help the House prove its case. The House must prove Trump guilty. It is not up to Trump or the Senate to prove him innocent. If the House cannot prove its case now without additional witnesses then it proves the impeachment was a farce. Of course, Democrats idea of fairness is that everything must be done their way.


It would really be great if people took the time to find out how things do work before making uninformed comments.

This is now the trial, not before, before was the investigation. Presently, each side should be able to call anyone they choose and the people need to be forced to testify and sworn in, to tell the truth, or be charged with perjury, that's how it's supposed to work.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2020 06:20:27   #
Barracuda2020
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
How'd he prevent people from testifying?

Put a gun to their head?


In politics, there are many different types of guns, so yeah.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.