One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
I don't need a gun....
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Mar 14, 2019 09:42:12   #
Rose42 (a regular here)
 
Sent to me, I'd give credit if I knew where it came from.

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Me: "Similar.. yea"

Becky: "Right. Okay. So, do you think civilians should be allowed to own guns?"

Me: "Most of us. Yes."

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

Becky stares at me blankly, so I continue, but with a more serious tone:

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

I could choke you to death with that purse.

I could take a credit card, break it in half, and cut your throat open with it.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

You need a gun because of men like me."

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 09:48:56   #
4430 (a regular here)
 
Now in the de-armed UK they are have knife attacks which would less happening if they had access to conceal carry !

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 09:54:52   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Rose42 wrote:
Sent to me, I'd give credit if I knew where it came from.

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Me: "Similar.. yea"

Becky: "Right. Okay. So, do you think civilians should be allowed to own guns?"

Me: "Most of us. Yes."

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

Becky stares at me blankly, so I continue, but with a more serious tone:

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

I could choke you to death with that purse.

I could take a credit card, break it in half, and cut your throat open with it.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

You need a gun because of men like me."

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.
Sent to me, I'd give credit if I knew where it cam... (show quote)



Only our enemies want to disarm law abiding citizens.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 09:54:58   #
snowbear37
 
Rose42 wrote:
Sent to me, I'd give credit if I knew where it came from.

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Me: "Similar.. yea"

Becky: "Right. Okay. So, do you think civilians should be allowed to own guns?"

Me: "Most of us. Yes."

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

Becky stares at me blankly, so I continue, but with a more serious tone:

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

I could choke you to death with that purse.

I could take a credit card, break it in half, and cut your throat open with it.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

You need a gun because of men like me."

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.
Sent to me, I'd give credit if I knew where it cam... (show quote)




Excellent point. Most "gun grabbers" don't think about "defense", they think laws and law enforcement will protect them any time and anywhere.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:19:54   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
4430 wrote:
Now in the de-armed UK they are have knife attacks which would less happening if they had access to conceal carry !


The US murder rate last year was 18 times higher than in the UK the firearm murder rate was 138 times higher in the US than in the UK. Flooding the UK with firearms and allowing people to carry them might cut down on knife attacks but only because the criminals, drunks, dope fiends and lunatics would have access to much deadlier weapons and would trade knives for guns. Last year there were 18 firearm murders in the UK here we had ten thousand.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:28:23   #
F.D.R. (a regular here)
 
I've made similar points. If they argue about multiple murders then think about an 'assault' golf club in a crowded venue.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:31:26   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
The US murder rate last year was 18 times higher than in the UK the firearm murder rate was 138 times higher in the US than in the UK. Flooding the UK with firearms and allowing people to carry them might cut down on knife attacks but only because the criminals, drunks, dope fiends and lunatics would have access to much deadlier weapons and would trade knives for guns. Last year their were 18 firearm murders in the UK here we had ten thousand.




How many gang rapes by Muslims?

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:54:21   #
TrueAmerican (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
The US murder rate last year was 18 times higher than in the UK the firearm murder rate was 138 times higher in the US than in the UK. Flooding the UK with firearms and allowing people to carry them might cut down on knife attacks but only because the criminals, drunks, dope fiends and lunatics would have access to much deadlier weapons and would trade knives for guns. Last year their were 18 firearm murders in the UK here we had ten thousand.


Ignorant people say ignorant things !!!!!!

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:57:55   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
TrueAmerican wrote:
Ignorant people say ignorant things !!!!!!


That’s why I used actual statistics to show how misguided 4430 was in his crazy assertion. I would not call him ignorant just misinformed.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:59:06   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
TrueAmerican wrote:
Ignorant people say ignorant things !!!!!!


He's definitely a sayer!.. He's a half baked socialist troll, who doesn't actually care or have love for anything or anyone.

I believe this as a fact!

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:59:46   #
badbob85037 (a regular here)
 
The 3 type of gun grabbers:

1. the Sarah Brady type Last I heard Sarah pays her self $900,000 a year off the top of her donations. That is not including when she shows up to sling her lies with her machine gun toting bodyguards. That cost you $5,000 a show. Go to the web page and find out why Sarah is the only one who can save you from that 180 grain, hollow core, ceramic bullet coming at your head at 220,000 fps but it takes donations and Sarah is a busy woman so donate now, donate a lot, and donate often. She is in it for greed. Where else can you criminally lie to cheat the weak out of their donations and still be the darlen of D.C.

2. the Diana Feinstein type This type is power craving and if Millions also come her way she will take that too. 'You little peons don't need a gun but importane people like me do, to keep you peons at bay.' This California congresshag would put a sling shot followed with rocks and bottles on a ban list. True tyrants want their subjects completely defenceless and dependent on them for everything that keeps them alive, like democrats. These are the people who love Sarah Brady.

3. the sorry bunch of inbred, brain dead, government fed, Leftist that pollute our slums and prisons who make pelosi look sain. It's the woman that jumped my ass for letting her kid shoot a bb gun. Another child to die due to complete ignorance playing with some yahoo's firearm. They march for a gun free utopia showing their total lack of reality or history requiring life saving lobodomes just to be able to soil them self. They know who they are. We know who they are. We see them sleeping on the bench at the bus station and their cardboard homes lining the sidewalks of California. I have total faith in if you took all these democrats, total up their IQ's, they could chew gum.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 11:05:06   #
byronglimish (a regular here)
 
badbob85037 wrote:
The 3 type of gun grabbers:

1. the Sarah Brady type Last I heard Sarah pays her self $900,000 a year off the top of her donations. That is not including when she shows up to sling her lies with her machine gun toting bodyguards. That cost you $5,000 a show. Go to the web page and find out why Sarah is the only one who can save you from that 180 grain, hollow core, ceramic bullet coming at your head at 220,000 fps but it takes donations and Sarah is a busy woman so donate now, donate a lot, and donate often. She is in it for greed. Where else can you criminally lie to cheat the weak out of their donations and still be the darlen of D.C.

2. the Diana Feinstein type This type is power craving and if Millions also come her way she will take that too. 'You little peons don't need a gun but importane people like me do, to keep you peons at bay.' This California congresshag would put a sling shot followed with rocks and bottles on a ban list. True tyrants want their subjects completely defenceless and dependent on them for everything that keeps them alive, like democrats. These are the people who love Sarah Brady.

3. the sorry bunch of inbred, brain dead, government fed, L
The 3 type of gun grabbers: br br 1. the Sarah Br... (show quote)



Yes, indeed the truth!!!

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 11:16:23   #
Wolf counselor (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
The US murder rate last year was 18 times higher than in the UK the firearm murder rate was 138 times higher in the US than in the UK. Flooding the UK with firearms and allowing people to carry them might cut down on knife attacks but only because the criminals, drunks, dope fiends and lunatics would have access to much deadlier weapons and would trade knives for guns. Last year there were 18 firearm murders in the UK here we had ten thousand.


UK Population = 66 million

US Population = 327 million.

Do the math.......... Goober.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 11:21:43   #
4430 (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
The US murder rate last year was 18 times higher than in the UK the firearm murder rate was 138 times higher in the US than in the UK. Flooding the UK with firearms and allowing people to carry them might cut down on knife attacks but only because the criminals, drunks, dope fiends and lunatics would have access to much deadlier weapons and would trade knives for guns. Last year there were 18 firearm murders in the UK here we had ten thousand.


So Kevy why did you avoid posting about all the knife attacks in the UK !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5251268/london-stabbings-2018-clapham-shepherds-bush-crouch-hill-kingsland-hammersmith-greenwich-latest/

ENDLESS KNIFE CRIME London stabbings 2018 – latest knife crime
statistics and attacks in Clapham, Crouch Hill, Hammersmith and Greenwich

Dozens of people have been fatally stabbed in the capital since the
beginning of this year as latest figures show knife crime has soared to
seven-year high

By Sofia Petkar and Jon Rogers
6th January 2019, 3:08 pm
Updated: 6th January 2019, 3:14 pm

STABBINGS in the capital have risen 16 per cent in 2018 as knife crime
surges across the UK.

As violent attacks spread from cities to the Home Counties, The Sun
Online takes a look at the harrowing statistics that are increasing by
the day.

Knife crime in Britain is on the rise - with London especially seeing
unprecedented numbers of stabbings

Knife crime in Britain is on the rise - with London especially seeing
unprecedented numbers of stabbings
How many stabbings have there been in London this year?


Figures from London's Metropolitan police showed that knife crime has
surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain's crime epidemic
continues.

Excluding those killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster
and Manchester, there was still a 12 per cent rise in murders — the
highest numbers in a decade.

The total number of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument that
have been recorded by cops in the year to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a
seven-year-high.

There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according
to official statistics from the Met Police.

A glut of cocaine flooding the country has been partly blamed for the
country's violent crime.

In February more than 250 knives and swords were seized across London in
just one week and 283 people, many of them teenagers, were arrested for
carrying them.

By August, stabbings were reported on a nearly daily basis as the summer
stabbing spree continued.

Two men in their 20s were found with "slash wounds" in Kensington High
Street in West London on June 11.

On the same day, a man in his early 20s was left fighting for his life
after being stabbed in Bermondsey, South London.

And on June 12, a man in his 20s was knifed outside Tesco in Kensington,
West London, and taken to hospital with stab wounds.

Five days later, a 15-year-old was rushed to hospital after being
stabbed multiple times in South East London.

On July 2 a teenage boy was stabbed in the stomach with a 10-inch
kitchen knife on a busy Islington street.

Ten days later Katerina Makunova, 17, was found dead in a block of flats
in Camberwell after a broad daylight attack.

Witnesses desperately tried to give her first aid before paramedics
arrived but she was pronounced dead less than an hour later.

A man believed to be in his 40s was stabbed inside a Leicester Square
casino on July 16. The incident took place just before 5pm.

London's air ambulance service flew a man to hospital after he was
stabbed in Mill Hill, North London on July 22.

On August 1, a 23-year-old was stabbed to death in Camberwell.

The victim, who was rapper in the drill group Moscow17, was identified
only by his stage name, Incognito.

Two other men were also stabbed and were taken to hospital.

On August 5, 2018, a man in his 20s was found dead with multiple knife
wounds in Cambridge Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames.

On August 17, a teen was "disembowelled with a machete" in Camberwell in
a 30-strong gang fight.

And that same day a 42-year-old man was stabbed to death in Waltham
Forest, East London, leading to the arrest of a 16-year-old boy and a
35-year-old woman.

On August 24, a 23-year-old was left in critical condition after being
knifed in Tulse Hill, South London in a broad daylight attack.

The same day a woman in her 60s was stabbed on Chariot Close around
9.50pm and was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Murder squad detectives are investigating whether an attack on a man who
was stabbed to death could have been sparked by a row breaking out in a
nearby bar.

Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, 26, was acting as a "peacemaker" as he stepped
in to calm down an argument before being murdered in Shoreditch, East
London.
The most recent stabbing occurred in Romford, where a teen was stabbed
outside a Lidl supermarket
Paul Edwards - The Sun
2
The most recent stabbing occurred in Romford, where a teen was stabbed
outside a Lidl supermarket

On Sunday, August 26, a 57-year-old woman was stabbed several times at
around 8.30pm and was taken to hospital, but her injuries were not
believed to be life threatening.

On August 27, Ivor Collingwood-Williams, 36 of Bow, was charged with two
counts of grievous bodily harm with intent and two counts of possession
of an offensive weapon.

The same day a man was stabbed on the final day of the Notting Hill
Carnival.

On August 28, a man in his 30s was rushed to hospital with knife wounds
after a street fight in Camden, North London at 1.30am.

On September 5, a teen was rushed to hospital after receiving multiple
stab wounds in a knife attack in Islington.

On November 2, a 17-year-old boy died after being stabbed outside
Clapham South Tube station in front of horrified commuters. Malcolm
Mide-Madariola, from Peckham, was rushed to a hospital in South London
but was pronounced dead shortly after. A 17-year-old boy was later
charged with murder and two other men, both 18, were arrested on
suspicion of murder.

On Bonfire Night, November 5, 2018, a 16-year-old boy, named as John
Ogunjobi, was stabbed to death in Tulse Hill, South London.

The teenager's death marked the 250th fatal stabbing in the UK.

He was known to be a local drill rapper called JaySav and a part of a
gang called Lower Tulse Hill (LTH) who rapped about drugs and violence.

On November 10, a man in his 30s was rushed to hospital after being
stabbed in Crouch Hill, North London.

The man was rushed to hospital for treatment, but police later said his
injuries were not life threatening.

On November 19, four men in their 20s were found with stab wounds in
Edmonton.

On November 20, a teen was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in
broad daylight outside a Lidl supermarket in Romford.

Three days later a British Transport Police officer was knifed outside
Ilford Station at 9.45pm.

The officer was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service for
his injuries, which are not thought to be life-threatening.

A man has been arrested and police are asking for witnesses to get in touch.

On November 24, a man in his 20s was fatally stabbed in Hackney as he
tried to defuse a fight outside a bar.

On December 8 an 18-year-old man was killed in a stabbing in Greenwich.

Aron Warren, named locally as Aron Murray, was stabbed at around 9.40pm,
inside a flat and died 40 minutes later.

On December 11, Jay Sewell, 18, was knifed to death in South London. The
bloodshed saw five people arrested. It came just days after Aron Warren,
also 18, was murdered three miles away in Greenwich.

And on December 22, a man was stabbed to death in Haringey, North London
and died later in hospital.

The following day, A 25-year-old man was stabbed in Tottenham, North
London at about 1.20am and died at the hospital.

Then, on December 27, a 16-year-old was stabbed in Hendon, North London.

On December 31, a victim believed to be in his mid-30s was taken to
hospital with life-threatening injuries after being stabbed in Hammersmith.
Stabbings in London in 2018

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 11:33:53   #
badbob85037 (a regular here)
 
Kevyn wrote:
That’s why I used actual statistics to show how misguided 4430 was in his crazy assertion. I would not call him ignorant just misinformed.


A statistic could walk up to you, introduce himself, kick your ass and you still wouldn't know a statistic from your mom.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.