One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Who sold all those shares of stock in Apple & Facebook?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Dec 25, 2018 15:55:17   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
It wasn't me, but I sure lost my A$$.
Please, could someone tell me what happened?
I have talked to everyone I know that had stock in those two companies. They all said the same thing. What happened?

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 16:55:51   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
Weasel wrote:
It wasn't me, but I sure lost my A$$.
Please, could someone tell me what happened?
I have talked to everyone I know that had stock in those two companies. They all said the same thing. What happened?


The 'high rollers' are quietly making their exit before the whole house of cards comes crashing down again. Once again, the 'sheep' are about to be 'shorn'.

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 16:59:55   #
peter11937 (a regular here)
 
Weasel wrote:
It wasn't me, but I sure lost my A$$.
Please, could someone tell me what happened?
I have talked to everyone I know that had stock in those two companies. They all said the same thing. What happened?


Just another periodic sell off. Very volatile in companies with little or no bricks and mortar assets.....

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 17:14:03   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
The 'high rollers' are quietly making their exit before the whole house of cards comes crashing down again. Once again, the 'sheep' are about to be 'shorn'.


That is exactly what I thought.
So Mark and Steve expect us to trust them again? ?

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 17:42:21   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
peter11937 wrote:
Just another periodic sell off. Very volatile in companies with little or no bricks and mortar assets.....


Hmmm.

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 18:46:18   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
Weasel wrote:
That is exactly what I thought.
So Mark and Steve expect us to trust them again? ?


It's a cycle that's been going on ever since the Federal Reserve Act was passed in 1913. Build it up, attract the outside money then cash out and watch the market tumble, and don't forget the popcorn. Those poor bastards who get stuck with the losses never learn. Give it a few years and they're back for another haircut.

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 19:03:30   #
Gatsby (a regular here)
 
Weasel wrote:
It wasn't me, but I sure lost my A$$.
Please, could someone tell me what happened?
I have talked to everyone I know that had stock in those two companies. They all said the same thing. What happened?


Wall Street stock analysts set un-realistic expectations, the company fails to meet to those expectations,

their stock then tanks, investors get burned, and the idiot analyst gets a bonus.

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 19:32:28   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
Gatsby wrote:
Wall Street stock analysts set un-realistic expectations, the company fails to meet to those expectations,

their stock then tanks, investors get burned, and the idiot analyst gets a bonus.


So that's why those clowns clap and cheer so loudly at the closing bell every day.
Let alone the fact that they make money regardless. Their percentage is on the turnover of shares. Up or down makes no difference to them.

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 20:35:25   #
Gatsby (a regular here)
 
Weasel wrote:
So that's why those clowns clap and cheer so loudly at the closing bell every day.
Let alone the fact that they make money regardless. Their percentage is on the turnover of shares. Up or down makes no difference to them.


All that they have to do is set market expectations too high, then start selling short; when the stock drops,

because of "failure to meet expectations", they then buy the shares to cover those short sales, payday!

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 20:46:19   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
Gatsby wrote:
All that they have to do is set market expectations too high, then start selling short; when the stock drops,

because of "failure to meet expectations", they then buy the shares to cover those short sales, payday!


A-Ha

| Reply
Dec 25, 2018 22:09:34   #
Weasel (a regular here)
 
Gatsby wrote:
Wall Street stock analysts set un-realistic expectations, the company fails to meet to those expectations,

their stock then tanks, investors get burned, and the idiot analyst gets a bonus.


Ta•Da,
Nobody blamed it on Trump!
MAGA.

| Reply
Dec 26, 2018 06:51:21   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
It might also be connected to people leaving them because of their bias and squelching free speech of Christian and conservatives. Do you see a pattern? NFL, Dicks Sporting Goods, Hollywood, Academy Awards, MSM? Seems that Americans don't approve of liberal ideas on a major scale. Chick-fil-a is booming... hum...go figure.

| Reply
Dec 26, 2018 07:34:05   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
Peewee wrote:
It might also be connected to people leaving them because of their bias and squelching free speech of Christian and conservatives. Do you see a pattern? NFL, Dicks Sporting Goods, Hollywood, Academy Awards, MSM? Seems that Americans don't approve of liberal ideas on a major scale. Chick-fil-a is booming... hum...go figure.


That's an angle I hadn't thought of. Still, I kinda doubt it. This is too widespread to be a simple boycott.

| Reply
Dec 26, 2018 09:09:51   #
Peewee (a regular here)
 
Larry the Legend wrote:
That's an angle I hadn't thought of. Still, I kinda doubt it. This is too widespread to be a simple boycott.


Have you heard of the Yellow Vests?

| Reply
Dec 26, 2018 15:24:14   #
Larry the Legend (a regular here)
 
Peewee wrote:
Have you heard of the Yellow Vests?


Mmm-hmm. So what do the French fuel price protesters have to do with the price of tea in China?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.