One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer'
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 next>>
Mar 15, 2014 11:59:13   #
PoppaGringo
 
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 12:40:20   #
Blacksheep
 
Old_Gringo wrote:
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher d... (show quote)


When I referred to the ridiculousness of Bible stories like Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, I was told by a Christian here that "You do know that those are only parables?"

Well, so is the Noah story. If it's true, then the many millions of species existing today all evolved since then because only a tiny percentage could have fit on that floating barge. That means that evolution is a fact and Creationism is crap. And away we go.

Johan wasn't swallowed by a whale, either, and nobody has ever risen from the dead and ascended into the sky, I don't care what science-fiction or fantasy book you read.

All religion is superstition. That's a fact. It's all based on belief of spirits and demons and being still alive after you aren't alive anymore. You can't get around that. That's how it is. Calling it "faith" doesn't make it real, faith and belief are the same word here.

The reason we have religions is because they allow a small part of the population to not only have some control over all the others, but those controllers make a fine living while getting away with all manner of things. Like the Catholic priesthood that's provided a safe harbor for homosexuals for centuries while protecting them as they prey on children. Like the Islamic mullahs and imams who literally hold the power of life and death over the people with all their religious laws, while they live and eat well and molest boys and girls with impunity.

Spirituality is communing directly with whatever sort of god you believe in. Religion is worshiping, singing, paying the priests and preachers for their continuing efforts to keep you brainwashed, and religion has zero to do with spirituality.

Jesus said that when you pray, to go into your room, lock the door and pray in private. What does that tell you about what Jesus thought of religion? Mathew 6 - 6, by the way.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 13:02:18   #
Wolf counselor (a regular here)
 
You have set your mind against God because your mind is no longer yours to control. You are possessed by an ancient demon named Adaada. Of course you cannot believe the incredible events that are spoken of in the scriptures. These things make no common sense to you. Noah and the ark, Lot and the destruction of Sodom, Jonah and the whale, Jesus rising into heaven. This all seems impossible to you because you did not witness these things with your own eyes. But you also did not witness the events that took place that you describe as evolution and yet you believe in it. You did not personally witness an ape evolve into a man but you claim it to be true. Can you not see the hypocrisy in your words Adaada ?


Blacksheep wrote:
When I referred to the ridiculousness of Bible stories like Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, I was told by a Christian here that "You do know that those are only parables?"

Well, so is the Noah story. If it's true, then the many millions of species existing today all evolved since then because only a tiny percentage could have fit on that floating barge. That means that evolution is a fact and Creationism is crap. And away we go.

Johan wasn't swallowed by a whale, either, and nobody has ever risen from the dead and ascended into the sky, I don't care what science-fiction or fantasy book you read.

All religion is superstition. That's a fact. It's all based on belief of spirits and demons and being still alive after you aren't alive anymore. You can't get around that. That's how it is. Calling it "faith" doesn't make it real, faith and belief are the same word here.

The reason we have religions is because they allow a small part of the population to not only have some control over all the others, but those controllers make a fine living while getting away with all manner of things. Like the Catholic priesthood that's provided a safe harbor for homosexuals for centuries while protecting them as they prey on children. Like the Islamic mullahs and imams who literally hold the power of life and death over the people with all their religious laws, while they live and eat well and molest boys and girls with impunity.

Spirituality is communing directly with whatever sort of god you believe in. Religion is worshiping, singing, paying the priests and preachers for their continuing efforts to keep you brainwashed, and religion has zero to do with spirituality.

Jesus said that when you pray, to go into your room, lock the door and pray in private. What does that tell you about what Jesus thought of religion? Mathew 6 - 6, by the way.
When I referred to the ridiculousness of Bible sto... (show quote)

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 13:14:06   #
Blacksheep
 
Wolf counselor wrote:
You have set your mind against God because your mind is no longer yours to control. You are possessed by an ancient demon named Adaada. Of course you cannot believe the incredible events that are spoken of in the scriptures. These things make no common sense to you. Noah and the ark, Lot and the destruction of Sodom, Jonah and the whale, Jesus rising into heaven. This all seems impossible to you because you did not witness these things with your own eyes. But you also did not witness the events that took place that you describe as evolution and yet you believe in it. You did not personally witness an ape evolve into a man but you claim it to be true. Can you not see the hypocrisy in your words Adaada ?
You have set your mind against God because your mi... (show quote)


Dear obsessive religious fanatic jackass:

Please crawl back under your very holy rock.

Also please be advised that I do have spirituality, I commune with god as I perceive god to be, and what that is, is none of your business. Very sorry that I upset your fanatical views so badly, maybe you should go take a few aspirin and lie down for awhile.

Oh. and why do you insist that evolution means that Man evolved from apes? Don't you ever bother to read up on the subjects you preach against? Anyone who knows anything about evolution knows that men AND apes both evolved from earlier common ancestors. Men never evolved from apes. Ever. Crack open some books or else shut up, you nutjob.

AND.... thanks for proving my point.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 13:30:06   #
Wolf counselor (a regular here)
 
Adaada. You certainly do have spirituality. You commune with evil spirits and you practice the religion of the damned. Lucifer is your god and your words have condemned you to the darkness within which you dwell. Your existence is that of a pitiful wretch and your misery is obvious. You have not at all upset me in the least. I spar with demons for exercise. So bring it punk.

Blacksheep wrote:
Dear obsessive religious fanatic jackass:

Please crawl back under your very holy rock.

Also please be advised that I do have spirituality, I commune with god as I perceive god to be, and what that is, is none of your business. Very sorry that I upset your fanatical views so badly, maybe you should go take a few aspirin and lie down for awhile.

Oh. and why do you insist that evolution means that Man evolved from apes? Don't you ever bother to read up on the subjects you preach against? Anyone who knows anything about evolution knows that men AND apes both evolved from earlier common ancestors. Men never evolved from apes. Ever. Crack open some books or else shut up, you nutjob.

AND.... thanks for proving my point.
Dear obsessive religious fanatic jackass: br br P... (show quote)

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 13:40:28   #
Blacksheep
 
Wolf counselor wrote:
Adaada. You certainly do have spirituality. You commune with evil spirits and you practice the religion of the damned. Lucifer is your god and your words have condemned you to the darkness within which you dwell. Your existence is that of a pitiful wretch and your misery is obvious. You have not at all upset me in the least. I spar with demons for exercise. So bring it punk.


Anyone nutty enough to call himself a counselor of wolves is too crazy to keep up a conversation with. Sounds to me like your poor brain is infested with those demons you believe in so much.

You should talk to someone else, talking to me is a waste of both our times. Don't expect any further responses, I'm not here to entertain you and you honestly are boring the crap out of me.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:07:12   #
Tradition
 
Old_Gringo wrote:
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher d... (show quote)



In addition to Old Gringo's references above, Maher, this poor excuse for a human being, disparages Christians, compares "special" children with dogs, and after 9/11 had the unmitigated gall of calling our soldiers cowards. This disgusting comment was made on ABC's Politically Incorrect, while he, at the same time, PRAISED THE BARBARIANS, who killed almost 3,000 people in New York.

“We have been the cowards, lobbying cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly! Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it’s not cowardly.”

Yes – killing thousands of unarmed innocents without warning…that’s the stuff of brave men! Following the subsequent severe backlash, network advertisers pulled out quickly. He would be fired a few months later. HBO hired Maher to essentially do the same show (without the pesky FCC to police content/language) two years after getting the boot from ABC. SHAME ON THEM!!!

If you harbor any sympathy for this reprobate, I urge you to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe57F77ZKIs

This video is no less worthy of Maher's being fired. The fact that he said it on cable TV is no excuse for allowing such an obnoxious, condescending, cruel, offensive, smug narcissist to spew his venom on TV.

The victims of the Boston Marathon bombings were also subject to Maher's invective:

“It was, again, a bad day. Three people died — that’s terrible. More were maimed — that’s horrible, but unfortunately that happens every day in car accidents and everything else,” Maher said. “I mean, your city was not leveled by Godzilla.”

But it is not caused by "accidents," either, Mr. Know-It-All. It was a terrorist act, and that means deliberate targeting of people, including children.

America is a country which espouses freedom of speech - but when that speech causes even more pain to people who have been injured and are suffering, or are grieving the loss of loved ones, then that perpetrator has gone beyond the bounds of civility and common decency.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:19:40   #
Alicia
 
Old_Gringo wrote:
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher d... (show quote)

**************************
An interesting book you might enjoy is "The Bible According to Mark Twain."

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:20:31   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
His comments and film about religion are a reaction to people who are actively trying to force their own relegious dogma into the public square, while somewhat crude the film gives viewers something pretty profound to think about. His comments on the aftermath of the Boston bombings just point out the huge overreaction to a triple homicide. The entire Boston metropolitan aera was shut down for days at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars in the process of catching two criminals. If these guys shot up a nightclub in Dorchester with the same results the response and resources assigned to the case would be a small fraction of those of the Boston bombing and business in the city would go on as normal.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:23:01   #
oldroy
 
Old_Gringo wrote:
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher d... (show quote)


You started something with this post Old One but for some reason I don't understand just what. Not one poster has asked you for the video you said was above. I would like to see it so how about putting it on for us.

I am sorry that religionists of varying stripes got into their argument about religion and told us that they didn't read your post but isn't that how things go here?

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:51:02   #
PoppaGringo
 
oldroy wrote:
You started something with this post Old One but for some reason I don't understand just what. Not one poster has asked you for the video you said was above. I would like to see it so how about putting it on for us.

I am sorry that religionists of varying stripes got into their argument about religion and told us that they didn't read your post but isn't that how things go here?


It somehow didn't link up with the article. Sorry. And I deleted the article after posting. I don't recall the name of it either. Perhaps someone else will run across it and it. At least I hope so.

I did locate it. It can be found at examiner.com/joenewby.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 14:51:20   #
Brian Devon
 
Old_Gringo wrote:
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher declared that America is "stupid" because 60 percent of the country believes the biblical story of Noah is true and called God a "psychotic mass murderer," The Blaze reported.

Maher, an atheist who produced an anti-religion film some years ago, slammed "Noah" as "floating giraffe cr*p," Mediaite added.

But, he said, it “must be doing something right” since both Muslims and Christians have condemned the film.

According to Maher, Christians are mad because it doesn't take the Bible literally enough.

“They’re mad that this made-up story doesn’t stay true to their made-up story,” he said.

Declaring the story of Noah to be false, Maher also called it "immoral."

“It’s about a psychotic mass murderer who gets away with it and his name is God,” he added.

“What kind of tyrant kills everyone just to get back at the few he’s mad at? I mean, besides Chris Christie,” he added.

He also attacked religion in general and those who hold to religious beliefs.

“Isn’t life hard enough without making s**t up out of thin air to f**k with yourself?” he asked.

Maher used the segment to offer his own theory on the moral decline in America.

“You know, conservatives are always going on about how Americans are losing their values and their morality. Well, maybe it’s because you worship a guy who drowns babies,” he said.

Video of Maher's comments can be seen above. Warning: The video contains strong language.

Related:

Bill Maher issues profane anti-Christian tweet after Tebow and Broncos lose game
Bill Maher calls Michele Bachmann 'retarded', smears Christians as killers
War on women: Obama donor Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin on Twitter
Should conservatives boycott HBO over Bill Maher?
Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
Bill Maher: Not sorry for vulgarity against Palin, calling Bachmann a bimbo
Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
On Friday, million-dollar Obama donor Bill Maher d... (show quote)





I believe in God because I can't fathom something coming from nothing.

However, I get tired of people who think we should live our lives by the historic fables of pre-scientific people. Almost all peoples have creation myths and natural catastrophe myths...such as Noah and the flood.

Grown-ups recognize these stories as primitive attempts to explain the world to pre-literate people.

Bill Maher is just stretching the language to make a point. Do you really believe that Bill thinks God is a psychotic mass murderer...really??? Maybe Bill is correct and the right wing really is as stupid as he portrays them.

I may occasionally disagree with Bill, but overall I think he is brilliant...and he makes me laugh.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 15:05:38   #
Kevyn (a regular here)
 
It is wrong for Maher to call Michelle Bachmann retarded, she is developmentally disabled, or special needs. Retarded is an archaic and perjoritive term that has no place in polite discourse.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 15:08:09   #
PoppaGringo
 
Kevyn wrote:
It is wrong for Maher to call Michelle Bachmann retarded, she is developmentally disabled, or special needs. Retarded is an archaic and perjoritive term that has no place in polite discourse.


You should know, your description fits you to a 'T'.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2014 15:09:58   #
Brian Devon
 
Kevyn wrote:
It is wrong for Maher to call Michelle Bachmann retarded, she is developmentally disabled, or special needs. Retarded is an archaic and perjoritive term that has no place in polite discourse.








How about challenged? Michelle is so challenged that she doesn't realize her bed-mate is a "Lindsay Graham" style Republican.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.