One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Thanks, President Biden...
Page 1 of 14 next> last>>
Jul 7, 2021 23:05:14   #
slatten49 Loc: Lake Whitney, Texas
 
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 23:11:16   #
nwtk2007
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


Truly, Biden has divided us more, supporting CRT and BLM nonsense.

Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the way to truth.

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 23:15:54   #
slatten49 Loc: Lake Whitney, Texas
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
Truly, Biden has divided us more, supporting CRT and BLM nonsense.

Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the way to truth.

Then eventually, you and others will.

'til tomorrow

Reply
 
 
Jul 7, 2021 23:51:35   #
proud republican Loc: RED CALIFORNIA
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


Sigh of relief?? Foreign policy is in shambles?Economy sucks,!!! Gas prices are waaaay up!!!...Food prices are waaaay up!! Not to mention inflation....Border is in crisis in more than 20yrs...The only thing he did ok was Covid and that its because thanks to Trump for Operation Warp Speed! .....And how about many ransomeware attacks???

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 23:56:20   #
alabuck Loc: Tennessee
 
“ Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the way to truth.‘

—————-

nwtk2007,

You should follow your own advice. I’ve yet to ever read anything that you’ve posted that comes closer than 10 trillion light year universes away from the true universe. Hunt: your universe is, in no way, capable of knowing the truth.

Biden has said that he’s the president of ALL Americans. Trumpet said he, “… don’t care what happened to those Blue-state Americans who didn’t vote for me.” BTW: Trumpet is personally responsible for the deaths of over 600,000 Americans due to his total mishandling of, and his bald-faced LIES about, the mortality of the TRUMP VIRUS. Facts he admitted to in his interview with Bob Woodward. A portion of the tape with Trumpet telling Woodward he knew the severity of the virus but didn’t want to crest a panic. So, Trumpet, instead, plays down the severity of the virus, bungles the development and distribution of the virus vaccines and lies to the public about the effectiveness of the vaccines, to the point of telling the public the vaccines won’t help them.

Of course, he couldn’t care less about the loss of life. He had caught the TRUMP VIRUS, was GIVEN expensive and rare meds only a very select few had access to, AND was, himself, vaccinated post recovery. All the while telling the American public they had little to fear from the TRUMP VIRUS; that it would magically go away by Easter, the spring thaw would kill it, the summer heat would kill it, finally, “crowd immunity” would kill it off. And, the vaccines weren’t really needed.

BTW, Where’s the check from ‘Mexico to cover the 5 miles of the “big, beautiful, impenetrable wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for?

I could go on and on, but there’s not enough space for me to list all of Trumpet’s massive failures and the over 20,000 LIES he told the country. As you said, “A man can find the way to truth.” When will YOU become a man and find your way to the truth?

Actually, I doubt you’d know the truth if it stood in front of you and slapped you across the face. I get the feeling you’d deny being hit, or deny it was the truth that hit you. Even if it left a permanent imprint of the word “truth” across your forehead, you’d still deny it and blame antifa, BLM or CRT, claiming they snuck-up behind you and sucker-punched you in the back of your head .

Also, why are you afraid of CRT? Are you afraid school kids will learn actual, fact-based history about the US instead of the white-washed Disney version? Are you afraid to learn that Crockett didn’t die swinging “Ol Betsey” like a club, but, instead, died after being captured and begging not to be killed because of who he was? Is THAT why you’re afraid of; a different, much more truthful account of what actually happened? If so, do you still believe the Earth is flat?

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 01:26:17   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


Quote:
Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....


Who is "we all"?

A broken clock is right twice a day, BTW.

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 01:40:44   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
alabuck wrote:
“ Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the way to truth.‘

—————-

nwtk2007,

You should follow your own advice. I’ve yet to ever read anything that you’ve posted that comes closer than 10 trillion light year universes away from the true universe. Hunt: your universe is, in no way, capable of knowing the truth.

Biden has said that he’s the president of ALL Americans. Trumpet said he, “… don’t care what happened to those Blue-state Americans who didn’t vote for me.” BTW: Trumpet is personally responsible for the deaths of over 600,000 Americans due to his total mishandling of, and his bald-faced LIES about, the mortality of the TRUMP VIRUS. Facts he admitted to in his interview with Bob Woodward. A portion of the tape with Trumpet telling Woodward he knew the severity of the virus but didn’t want to crest a panic. So, Trumpet, instead, plays down the severity of the virus, bungles the development and distribution of the virus vaccines and lies to the public about the effectiveness of the vaccines, to the point of telling the public the vaccines won’t help them.

Of course, he couldn’t care less about the loss of life. He had caught the TRUMP VIRUS, was GIVEN expensive and rare meds only a very select few had access to, AND was, himself, vaccinated post recovery. All the while telling the American public they had little to fear from the TRUMP VIRUS; that it would magically go away by Easter, the spring thaw would kill it, the summer heat would kill it, finally, “crowd immunity” would kill it off. And, the vaccines weren’t really needed.

BTW, Where’s the check from ‘Mexico to cover the 5 miles of the “big, beautiful, impenetrable wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for?

I could go on and on, but there’s not enough space for me to list all of Trumpet’s massive failures and the over 20,000 LIES he told the country. As you said, “A man can find the way to truth.” When will YOU become a man and find your way to the truth?

Actually, I doubt you’d know the truth if it stood in front of you and slapped you across the face. I get the feeling you’d deny being hit, or deny it was the truth that hit you. Even if it left a permanent imprint of the word “truth” across your forehead, you’d still deny it and blame antifa, BLM or CRT, claiming they snuck-up behind you and sucker-punched you in the back of your head .

Also, why are you afraid of CRT? Are you afraid school kids will learn actual, fact-based history about the US instead of the white-washed Disney version? Are you afraid to learn that Crockett didn’t die swinging “Ol Betsey” like a club, but, instead, died after being captured and begging not to be killed because of who he was? Is THAT why you’re afraid of; a different, much more truthful account of what actually happened? If so, do you still believe the Earth is flat?
“ Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the ... (show quote)
Hey, across "10 trillion light year universes", the web-footed hypocrite is back from his Poseidon adventure, he knows the truth, by golly, and he's gonna lecture us on his very own version of American history and repeat the media's false narrative almost verbatim. Isn't this sweet? Gotta love the games these types play with words. Makes ya think.

Not like we haven't heard this crap a million times, like 24/7/365 x 5.

I do have a question about that "all American president" and the cackling Jezebel he brought with him. Those two despise each other, they have no common purpose, they march to different drums, I doubt they've talked with one another in the past 6 months, their office staffs are in shambles - "We're being treated like shit" is how one put it;
"dour mood", "low morale" is what they're saying. Makes ya wonder WTF is going on.

And, when that anemic old stick figure with the thousand yard stare - the "all American president", as you call him - ambles up to a podium and tries to deliver a speech, the first question is "where did they find this guy"?

He trips over his tongue, stumbles on words, and, even with a TP, can't put together a coherent sentence, he digresses, loses his train of thought, and even when he's on a roll, makes some totally incomprehensible, even unintelligible statements, like, "I'll lead an effective strategy to mobilize trunalimunumaprzure." Say what?

Clay Travis is right, This is hard to watch.

Most of the time he doesn't know where he is or even who he is. His momma, Jill - or is she his wife - has to mind him like a special needs child.

Give us one good reason why we shouldn't accept this old fool as our "all American president" with the same courtesy and grace you leftists accepted president Trump?

Joe and Jill went up the hill,
to fetch a bucket of shit,
when Jill came down,
Joe wasn't around,
he was still on the hill.
eating shit.

Reply
 
 
Jul 8, 2021 01:50:06   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
alabuck wrote:
“ Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the way to truth.‘

—————-

nwtk2007,

You should follow your own advice. I’ve yet to ever read anything that you’ve posted that comes closer than 10 trillion light year universes away from the true universe. Hunt: your universe is, in no way, capable of knowing the truth.

Biden has said that he’s the president of ALL Americans. Trumpet said he, “… don’t care what happened to those Blue-state Americans who didn’t vote for me.” BTW: Trumpet is personally responsible for the deaths of over 600,000 Americans due to his total mishandling of, and his bald-faced LIES about, the mortality of the TRUMP VIRUS. Facts he admitted to in his interview with Bob Woodward. A portion of the tape with Trumpet telling Woodward he knew the severity of the virus but didn’t want to crest a panic. So, Trumpet, instead, plays down the severity of the virus, bungles the development and distribution of the virus vaccines and lies to the public about the effectiveness of the vaccines, to the point of telling the public the vaccines won’t help them.

Of course, he couldn’t care less about the loss of life. He had caught the TRUMP VIRUS, was GIVEN expensive and rare meds only a very select few had access to, AND was, himself, vaccinated post recovery. All the while telling the American public they had little to fear from the TRUMP VIRUS; that it would magically go away by Easter, the spring thaw would kill it, the summer heat would kill it, finally, “crowd immunity” would kill it off. And, the vaccines weren’t really needed.

BTW, Where’s the check from ‘Mexico to cover the 5 miles of the “big, beautiful, impenetrable wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for?

I could go on and on, but there’s not enough space for me to list all of Trumpet’s massive failures and the over 20,000 LIES he told the country. As you said, “A man can find the way to truth.” When will YOU become a man and find your way to the truth?

Actually, I doubt you’d know the truth if it stood in front of you and slapped you across the face. I get the feeling you’d deny being hit, or deny it was the truth that hit you. Even if it left a permanent imprint of the word “truth” across your forehead, you’d still deny it and blame antifa, BLM or CRT, claiming they snuck-up behind you and sucker-punched you in the back of your head .

Also, why are you afraid of CRT? Are you afraid school kids will learn actual, fact-based history about the US instead of the white-washed Disney version? Are you afraid to learn that Crockett didn’t die swinging “Ol Betsey” like a club, but, instead, died after being captured and begging not to be killed because of who he was? Is THAT why you’re afraid of; a different, much more truthful account of what actually happened? If so, do you still believe the Earth is flat?
“ Think as a man, slat. Think. A man can find the ... (show quote)


CRT is taxpayer funded hate. You can forget that. No. Hell no. Frell no. Period. People will take their kids OUT of public schools thereby defunding them. Teach math, grammar, science, civics, shop, history.

Schools can't even do that anymore. All they do is mess with kids minds.

We'll have our way on this, BTW. Every action brings an equal and opposite reaction.

Money.

Money is fungible. That's how. I understood that at the get-go. This is high school economics.

Now...when it comes to criminal enterprise on the border who suffers if it's closed?

Cartels...police and politicians in Mexico they pay off. That makes trouble for them.

And WE in the not so long run have less headache, heartache and wallet-ache dealing with the shite here.

Two examples of the fungibility of money (there are more) making Mexico "pay" for the wall.

You people are the only ones who box it into the strawman argument "Well where's the check from Mexico?"

Trump certainly never said there was a check in the mail. That's you.

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 07:24:35   #
tbutkovich
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


That’s because the left wing “Never Trumpers” such as yourself and the drive by media idolize Biden like he’s the “Great IAm,” when in fact he’s a Low Life Political Imbecile with the IQ of 4 Year Old and a detriment to our country and its citizens!

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 07:45:42   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


You have chosen a piece filled with lies, rhetoric and promotion of nothing but hate... Is it no wonder that great theory of “ unity” will never be attained???
A perfect example of why, right here.. Just adds to the mix of a path followed gleefully when we should show resistance to further the agenda.. Whose agenda you ask??? Both parties and their lock step followers...!!

Ahhhhh the feeling of “ freedom” rings true to the heart when you can simply dismiss rants for what they are~~~ rants~~.. I’m learning and feeling ever so Thankful for it... A nice reminder here and one that makes me say .......C’est la vie... Merci beaucoup’.....

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 08:04:23   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
BigMike wrote:
CRT is taxpayer funded hate. You can forget that. No. Hell no. Frell no. Period. People will take their kids OUT of public schools thereby defunding them. Teach math, grammar, science, civics, shop, history.

Schools can't even do that anymore. All they do is mess with kids minds.

We'll have our way on this, BTW. Every action brings an equal and opposite reaction.

Money.

Money is fungible. That's how. I understood that at the get-go. This is high school economics.

Now...when it comes to criminal enterprise on the border who suffers if it's closed?

Cartels...police and politicians in Mexico they pay off. That makes trouble for them.

And WE in the not so long run have less headache, heartache and wallet-ache dealing with the shite here.

Two examples of the fungibility of money (there are more) making Mexico "pay" for the wall.

You people are the only ones who box it into the strawman argument "Well where's the check from Mexico?"

Trump certainly never said there was a check in the mail. That's you.
CRT is taxpayer funded hate. You can forget that. ... (show quote)


The move for home schooling from last year a good thing happening from a bad situation... It opened the eyes of many a parent who are now going with alternative measures..

Our school board here is in Unequivocably very bad shape with a number of parents standing before them telling them they will in fact keep their children out. Schools more interested in their five dollar headcount for federal funds of the students attending is a nice way to say F~U you and its working... One large district has already said they are scrapping the CRT and will not be introducing it...Guess the parents reminder they will take out those supporting it have the boards thinking selfishly of their own careers now....Hey, if it works, so be it..Democracy in motion!!!

Reply
 
 
Jul 8, 2021 08:19:24   #
slatten49 Loc: Lake Whitney, Texas
 
lindajoy wrote:
You have chosen a piece filled with lies, rhetoric and promotion of nothing but hate... Is it no wonder that great theory of “ unity” will never be attained???
A perfect example of why, right here.. Just adds to the mix of a path followed gleefully when we should show resistance to further the agenda.. Whose agenda you ask??? Both parties and their lock step followers...!!

Ahhhhh the feeling of “ freedom” rings true to the heart when you can simply dismiss rants for what they are~~~ rants~~.. I’m learning and feeling ever so Thankful for it... A nice reminder here and one that makes me say .......C’est la vie... Merci beaucoup’.....
You have chosen a piece filled with lies, rhetoric... (show quote)

I hate disappointing you, L-J, but I disagree that the article is filled with lies and promotion of hate. However, most spoken and written comments...e.g., this one... are filled with rhetoric. (described by Aristotle below)

Rhetoric (/ˈrɛtərɪk/) is the art of persuasion, which along with grammar and logic, is one of the three ancient arts of discourse. Rhetoric aims to study the techniques writers or speakers utilize to inform, persuade, or motivate particular audiences in specific situations.

Aristotle defines rhetoric as "the faculty of observing in any given case the available means of persuasion" and since mastery of the art was necessary for victory in a case at law, for passage of proposals in the assembly, or for fame as a speaker in civic ceremonies; he calls it "a combination of the science of logic and of the ethical branch of politics".

Rhetoric typically provides heuristics for understanding, discovering, and developing arguments for particular situations, such as Aristotle's three persuasive audience appeals: logos, pathos, and ethos. The five canons of rhetoric or phases of developing a persuasive speech were first codified in classical Rome: invention, arrangement, style, memory, and delivery.

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 08:44:47   #
drlarrygino
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)


Calling slo Joe Bribem sane shows your own insanity. Time for you to get a complete examination both mental and physical.

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 09:04:52   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
slatten49 wrote:
I hate disappointing you, L-J, but I disagree that the article is filled with lies and promotion of hate. However, most spoken and written comments...e.g., this one... are filled with rhetoric. (described by Aristotle below)

Rhetoric (/ˈrɛtərɪk/) is the art of persuasion, which along with grammar and logic, is one of the three ancient arts of discourse. Rhetoric aims to study the techniques writers or speakers utilize to inform, persuade, or motivate particular audiences in specific situations.

Aristotle defines rhetoric as "the faculty of observing in any given case the available means of persuasion" and since mastery of the art was necessary for victory in a case at law, for passage of proposals in the assembly, or for fame as a speaker in civic ceremonies; he calls it "a combination of the science of logic and of the ethical branch of politics".

Rhetoric typically provides heuristics for understanding, discovering, and developing arguments for particular situations, such as Aristotle's three persuasive audience appeals: logos, pathos, and ethos. The five canons of rhetoric or phases of developing a persuasive speech were first codified in classical Rome: invention, arrangement, style, memory, and delivery.
I hate disappointing you, L-J, but I disagree that... (show quote)


Rhetoric is in the eyes of the beholder or the speeches heard, etc. Subjective at that.

It’s all good... Nothing more than an opinion piece....

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 09:13:34   #
Wonttakeitanymore
 
slatten49 wrote:
... for returning sanity to the White House

Eugene Robinson

During his first 100 days in office, President Biden oversaw the distribution of covid-19 vaccines faster than anyone could have anticipated, won approval of a massive $1.9 trillion pandemic relief program and rejoined the battle against the existential threat of climate change. But his biggest accomplishment has less to do with policy than psychology: After the insanity of the Donald Trump era, he has made almost everything less crazy.

For four long years, we were forced to live in a constant state of anxiety that rarely dipped below the where’s-my-Xanax level. We went through multiple news cycles every day, as the morning’s outrageous presidential tweet was followed by the afternoon’s off-the-wall presidential claim — and then overtaken by the evening’s presidential recap of whatever he’d just seen on Fox News.

It was brutalizing, and Biden ended the stream of lunacy pouring from the White House. There are days now when the administration is so radically normal that it’s actually kind of boring. Thank you, Mr. President, from a grateful nation.

I realize that I’m projecting my own feelings here. But I know partisan Republicans who tell me they feel the same way, even if they dislike Biden’s policies. In fact, one of the most significant impacts of the return to sane Oval Office behavior is that we can actually talk about policy again. Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much of anything, but at least they once again have to marshal facts and figures to buttress their positions. And at least they know that Biden, unlike Trump, won’t suddenly change his mind based on which sycophantic flatterer managed to talk to him last.

You might like Biden’s $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan, or you might think it’s too expansive. But at least he came out with a detailed proposal, as he had promised to do. How many times, during Trump’s chaotic tenure, did the White House declare that “Infrastructure Week” was coming? I lost count. And how many times did Trump — who called himself a master builder — actually release a comprehensive national plan for fixing the nation’s roads, bridges and airports? Precisely zero.

Or look at how Trump approached health care. His consistent position was that the Affordable Care Act was an unmitigated disaster. I always suspected the thing he hated most was that the program was called “Obamacare” — undoing Barack Obama’s accomplishments seemed to be one of Trump’s few guiding principles. Trump always promised that his new, improved health-care plan would be unveiled “in about two weeks.” Those two weeks lasted four years.

Biden’s press secretary, Jen Psaki, holds daily, fact-filled briefings for White House reporters. That should not be worth noting — Obama’s White House did the same thing, as did George W. Bush’s, Bill Clinton’s, George H.W. Bush’s, Ronald Reagan’s, Jimmy Carter’s — and the list goes on. But Trump’s White House first abandoned the “fact-filled” aspect of that tradition. At first, what his spokespeople said from the podium simply could not be trusted — then they mostly gave up on daily briefings altogether. We learned about what the administration was doing mainly from Trump’s Twitter feed, condemning me and many others to a life of constant doom-scrolling.

I have no idea whether Biden has tweeted today. If he did, I’m quite certain that the tweet will not have abruptly shifted U.S. foreign policy, closed the nation’s borders to adherents of some faith, torpedoed delicate budget negotiations in Congress or coined an insulting nickname for someone who criticized him on television.

There is a lot more to Biden, of course, than being Not Trump. His extraordinary ability to feel and convey empathy has helped the nation through a rash of mass shootings and the anxiety of the Derek Chauvin trial. His long experience in government has allowed him to quickly staff the administration with competent professionals who know what they are doing. His eight years as vice president give him a list of triumphs and defeats from which to draw lessons.

And sometimes we overlook the obvious: When Biden stands before a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, behind him — for the first time — will sit two women: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Vice President Harris. Biden’s first 100 days have seen relatively little commentary about Harris’s groundbreaking achievement. Historians will not make the same omission.

Biden goes to church regularly. He loves spending time with his family. He pays attention to his briefings about national security. He loves dogs, although one of his dogs doesn’t love strangers. He is comfortable being the center of attention, but he doesn’t need to be.

Politically, the nation remains bitterly divided. But thanks to Biden, we all breathe a collective sigh of relief....
... for returning sanity to the White House br br... (show quote)

The vaccines our real president Trump pushed! Bribem is a liar and has done more to kill America than support it! He’s an idiot and a puppet that embarrasses us every time he opens his mouth! All he had done is get revenge for having to steal an election he could never win legitimately! You are delusional! Go fishing and talk to the hand, etc I mean fish!

Reply
Page 1 of 14 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.