One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Biden to announce gun control executive orders, added background checks
Apr 7, 2021 23:37:34   #
random3
 
Biden to announce gun control executive orders, added background checks

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/biden-preparing-to-announce-gun-control-executive-orders/

Reply
Apr 7, 2021 23:57:46   #
BigMike Loc: yerington nv
 
random3 wrote:
Biden to announce gun control executive orders, added background checks

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/biden-preparing-to-announce-gun-control-executive-orders/


Why...is the Democrat Congress not in control?

Reply
Apr 8, 2021 00:50:52   #
Kevyn
 
random3 wrote:
Biden to announce gun control executive orders, added background checks

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/biden-preparing-to-announce-gun-control-executive-orders/

What is your opinion of Trumps EO banning bump stocks?

Reply
 
 
Apr 8, 2021 02:44:21   #
Wolf counselor Loc: Heart of Texas
 
random3 wrote:
Biden to announce gun control executive orders, added background checks

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/biden-preparing-to-announce-gun-control-executive-orders/


It's of no concern to me and the many millions of my fellow rednecks.

We've already stockpiled all the weapons and ammo we need.

Anyone who hasn't already done so, is just plain stupid.

Reply
Apr 8, 2021 04:24:39   #
random3
 
Americans scream tyranny is wonderful, but Americans are unable to explain why Cubans try to escape even though Cuba has gun control and free medical care.

https://boards.420chan.org/n/

Reply
Apr 8, 2021 04:51:20   #
Gatsby
 
Kevyn wrote:
What is your opinion of Trumps EO banning bump stocks?


Unconstitutional

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (Michigan) finally ruled on Thursday on the so-called bump stocks case that has been pending since December 2019, i.e., the attempt by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to arbitrarily and unilaterally rewrite its own rule about “bump stocks.” The court ruled that the effort by the ATF is unconstitutional:

https://thenewamerican.com/federal-court-overturns-atfs-ban-on-bump-stocks/

Reply
Apr 8, 2021 05:17:09   #
Smedley_buzkill
 
Gatsby wrote:
Unconstitutional

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (Michigan) finally ruled on Thursday on the so-called bump stocks case that has been pending since December 2019, i.e., the attempt by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to arbitrarily and unilaterally rewrite its own rule about “bump stocks.” The court ruled that the effort by the ATF is unconstitutional:

https://thenewamerican.com/federal-court-overturns-atfs-ban-on-bump-stocks/
Unconstitutional img src="https://static.onepolit... (show quote)


Article I Sections 9&10 of the Constitution forbids ex post facto law. What The BAFTE did was try to make possession of a bump stock purchased when they were legal a felony. You CANNOT make something illegal retroactively, nor can you punish or penalize someone for doing something that was legal when they did it. A ban on NEW stocks might have passed muster, I don't know, but criminalizing something that was legal when it was done doesn't cut it.
You might take note of the fact that even the pathetic Clintoon gun ban pointedly ignored weapons and magazines already owned.

Reply
 
 
Apr 8, 2021 06:05:56   #
Dwbill
 
Wolf counselor wrote:
It's of no concern to me and the many millions of my fellow rednecks.

We've already stockpiled all the weapons and ammo we need.

Anyone who hasn't already done so, is just plain stupid.

You got that Rite !! Amen !!!!!!:

Reply
Apr 8, 2021 06:56:14   #
random3
 
Free countries allow voluntary choice. Police states use force.

Nazis and Commies think capitalism is cruel because a painter might fall off a ladder or voluntarily agree to work for $1 per hour. Libertarians think forcing a doctor to be a painter is cruel.

Fascists and Marxists think that they are kind for supporting welfare, but Libertarians believe slamming a gun against the heads of hard-working taxpayers to fund welfare for the lazy is cruel.

Nazis and Communists scream free speech is bad, but Libertarians think censorship is evil.

Nazis and Communists insist that companies that photograph customers are cruel. Libertarians think governments that unconstitutionally wiretap citizens are evil.

Nazis and Communists swear people should be arrested because they might get sick. Libertarians think everyone should be responsible for their own health.

Nazis and Communists say you can only get rich by inheriting money. Libertarians think people can get wealthy by working smart.

Nazis and Communists say prices are high because there is only one company in the world. Libertarians believe regulations and debt lead to inflation.

Fascists and Marxists say that they are victims and companies are cruel. Libertarians believe businesses have a vested interest in having good public relations, you can boycott bad companies, and only governments can arrest people.

Fascists and Marxists think prisons are paradises. Libertarians believe prisons are hells.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.