One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Have a truly joyous Resurrection and don't read anything else in this thread than the Title if you want to keep that feeling
Page 1 of 2 next>
Apr 2, 2021 23:32:46   #
rumitoid
 
I will try not to get as obnoxious as I should over this topic of pastors and churches making the conscious and deliberate decisions to threaten their congregation with disease and death unnecessarily. This threat to innocents should be an abomination. No rhyme or reason. Where is the love in not wearing a mask? Love is the first and only criteria. How do you explain to Jesus, who suffered and died for us, that wearing a mask was too big a sacrifice? I know this one ounce of cloth for $2 bucks that does not restrict your personal freedom in anyway is a burden. Crushingly onerous, hoho. Our freedom is in the heart of Christ and not in the Constitution or partisan politics.

My next question is, what is the Scriptural reasoning and support to not wear a mask? This should come first. I am not talking about anything expressly seeing wearing a mask as forbidden but finding Jesus and the Word actively promoting it as right and just, advancing the Kingdom of God. I can't find the Trinity in the Bible: does it exist?

I may be seeing this wrong but I don't think so. From so many comments I have heard on social media and members in my church, there is this preposterous that not wearing a mask is trusting in the Lord to protect them. What is better to contemplate in this action is Matthew4:7; "Do not tempt (or test) the Lord." This insistence He has to protect us may interfere with his order. For me, a loving God gave us a mask and a vaccine to protect us from the wiles of Satan and his nefarious ways. Read this about Satan Rules the earth: https://www.openbible.info/topics/satan_rules_earth. By the defiance to submit to God's protection and demand that he protect you is hubris.

Apr 3, 2021 00:56:25   #
EmilyD
 
rumitoid wrote:
I will try not to get as obnoxious as I should over this topic of pastors and churches making the conscious and deliberate decisions to threaten their congregation with disease and death unnecessarily. This threat to innocents should be an abomination. No rhyme or reason. Where is the love in not wearing a mask? Love is the first and only criteria. How do you explain to Jesus, who suffered and died for us, that wearing a mask was too big a sacrifice? I know this one ounce of cloth for $2 bucks that does not restrict your personal freedom in anyway is a burden. Crushingly onerous, hoho. Our freedom is in the heart of Christ and not in the Constitution or partisan politics.

My next question is, what is the Scriptural reasoning and support to not wear a mask? This should come first. I am not talking about anything expressly seeing wearing a mask as forbidden but finding Jesus and the Word actively promoting it as right and just, advancing the Kingdom of God. I can't find the Trinity in the Bible: does it exist?

I may be seeing this wrong but I don't think so. From so many comments I have heard on social media and members in my church, there is this preposterous that not wearing a mask is trusting in the Lord to protect them. What is better to contemplate in this action is Matthew4:7; "Do not tempt (or test) the Lord." This insistence He has to protect us may interfere with his order. For me, a loving God gave us a mask and a vaccine to protect us from the wiles of Satan and his nefarious ways. Read this about Satan Rules the earth: https://www.openbible.info/topics/satan_rules_earth. By the defiance to submit to God's protection and demand that he protect you is hubris.
I will try not to get as obnoxious as I should ove... (show quote)

How you can be judgmental and sanctimonious at the same time - while talking about Jesus - is astonishing to me....but not surprising.

You need to mind your own business or you might find your nose at the end of someone else's fist, if you say this kind of thing out loud ...

Apr 3, 2021 10:10:41   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
rumitoid wrote:
I will try not to get as obnoxious as I should over this topic of pastors and churches making the conscious and deliberate decisions to threaten their congregation with disease and death unnecessarily. This threat to innocents should be an abomination. No rhyme or reason. Where is the love in not wearing a mask? Love is the first and only criteria. How do you explain to Jesus, who suffered and died for us, that wearing a mask was too big a sacrifice? I know this one ounce of cloth for $2 bucks that does not restrict your personal freedom in anyway is a burden. Crushingly onerous, hoho. Our freedom is in the heart of Christ and not in the Constitution or partisan politics.

My next question is, what is the Scriptural reasoning and support to not wear a mask? This should come first. I am not talking about anything expressly seeing wearing a mask as forbidden but finding Jesus and the Word actively promoting it as right and just, advancing the Kingdom of God. I can't find the Trinity in the Bible: does it exist?

I may be seeing this wrong but I don't think so. From so many comments I have heard on social media and members in my church, there is this preposterous that not wearing a mask is trusting in the Lord to protect them. What is better to contemplate in this action is Matthew4:7; "Do not tempt (or test) the Lord." This insistence He has to protect us may interfere with his order. For me, a loving God gave us a mask and a vaccine to protect us from the wiles of Satan and his nefarious ways. Read this about Satan Rules the earth: https://www.openbible.info/topics/satan_rules_earth. By the defiance to submit to God's protection and demand that he protect you is hubris.
I will try not to get as obnoxious as I should ove... (show quote)


I will use your own analogy~ Our freedom is in the heart of Christ and not in the Constitution or partisan politics. ~~ True

I can't find the Trinity in the Bible: does it exist? ~~ Until you” see “ God “within you” you will not know the Trinity..

For me, a loving God gave us a mask and a vaccine to protect us from the wiles of Satan and his nefarious ways. ~~ God gave us choice..He did not give us sickness or death... He gave us stolen knowledge thru Eve that brought forth all misery, pain, illness by the workings of man... How WE choose to deal with it has been laid at our feet not His...

 
 
Apr 3, 2021 11:43:18   #
rumitoid
 
EmilyD wrote:
How you can be judgmental and sanctimonious at the same time - while talking about Jesus - is astonishing to me....but not surprising.

You need to mind your own business or you might find your nose at the end of someone else's fist, if you say this kind of thing out loud ...


Wearing a mask rather than not is not being judgmental; it is science. Do you find speaking of Jesus as sanctimonious? Mind my own business? Loving Humanity and keeping God's Commandments is our purpose. So, if you find it Christian not to follow the topic but part of your business to degrade and attack me personally, I better understand your moral compass. You are continually snarky and nasty to me yet have nothing substantive to say on any of my topics. What is your motive for comments?

Apr 3, 2021 11:44:41   #
rumitoid
 
Nice hearing from you again.

Apr 3, 2021 14:44:44   #
EmilyD
 
Double post.

Apr 3, 2021 15:05:38   #
EmilyD
 
rumitoid wrote:
Wearing a mask rather than not is not being judgmental; it is science. Do you find speaking of Jesus as sanctimonious? Mind my own business? Loving Humanity and keeping God's Commandments is our purpose. So, if you find it Christian not to follow the topic but part of your business to degrade and attack me personally, I better understand your moral compass. You are continually snarky and nasty to me yet have nothing substantive to say on any of my topics. What is your motive for comments?


You say wearing a $2 piece of cloth that does not restrict personal freedom is not in any way a burden. That is a very judgmental statement to make. You have no idea why someone wears or does not wear one...and it is not for you to judge why, either! To judge others, my friend, is NOT being Christian. Jesus may judge me about a mask....you may not. And then, you have the nerve to compare the sacrifice of wearing a mask to Jesus dying on the cross, implying that it is "preposterous" if anyone doesn't wear a mask!! If that isn't one of the most sanctimonious comments ever made, it's close. It's almost as if you liken yourself to Jesus by telling people their sacrifice is too small compared to His!! Again, you make an assumption. How do you know what will happen to someone if you were to, say, force a mask on them? You don't know!

And now, again, you play the victim. You post a thread saying not to read any further than the title if the one who reads your thread wants to keep a "joyous resurrection" feeling. So now if I comment you chastise me by saying I'm being snarky and nasty to you. Poor baby....you get what you give. You cannot post a topic and then ask those reading it to stop at the title if they have anything negative to say about it...it doesn't work like that.

If you don't like it, don't post something on a public forum, and then tell readers how to react to it.

 
 
Apr 3, 2021 19:21:50   #
rumitoid
 
EmilyD wrote:
You say wearing a $2 piece of cloth that does not restrict personal freedom is not in any way a burden. That is a very judgmental statement to make. You have no idea why someone wears or does not wear one...and it is not for you to judge why, either! To judge others, my friend, is NOT being Christian. Jesus may judge me about a mask....you may not. And then, you have the nerve to compare the sacrifice of wearing a mask to Jesus dying on the cross, implying that it is "preposterous" if anyone doesn't wear a mask!! If that isn't one of the most sanctimonious comments ever made, it's close. It's almost as if you liken yourself to Jesus by telling people their sacrifice is too small compared to His!! Again, you make an assumption. How do you know what will happen to someone if you were to, say, force a mask on them? You don't know!

And now, again, you play the victim. You post a thread saying not to read any further than the title if the one who reads your thread wants to keep a "joyous resurrection" feeling. So now if I comment you chastise me by saying I'm being snarky and nasty to you. Poor baby....you get what you give. You cannot post a topic and then ask those reading it to stop at the title if they have anything negative to say about it...it doesn't work like that.

If you don't like it, don't post something on a public forum, and then tell readers how to react to it.
You say wearing a $2 piece of cloth that does not ... (show quote)


Oy vey! Your post is ridiculous; it makes no sense and is filled with misrepresentations.

First your gross hypocrisy and blindness. "To judge others, my friend, is NOT being Christian" and then all you do is judge every detail in my thread.

My caution in the title was like a sign saying "Thin ice."

My question to you is, how is not wearing a mask a love of your neighbor?

Apr 3, 2021 21:30:59   #
Rose42
 
Rumitoid, you can’t even wish people a happy Easter without being a pompous hind end. Sad but not surprising.

Apr 3, 2021 21:31:28   #
EmilyD
 
rumitoid wrote:
Oy vey! Your post is ridiculous; it makes no sense and is filled with misrepresentations.

First your gross hypocrisy and blindness. "To judge others, my friend, is NOT being Christian" and then all you do is judge every detail in my thread.

My caution in the title was like a sign saying "Thin ice."

My question to you is, how is not wearing a mask a love of your neighbor?


First answer this: Do you know everyone on the planet?

If your answer is no, then you have no idea why a stranger before you is not wearing a mask. It is rude for you to make the declaration that they "must" wear one, or they don't love their neighbor (you don't think that's judgmental???). And finally, it is none of your business just like what is in their medical record is none of your business.

Apr 3, 2021 21:39:20   #
rumitoid
 
EmilyD wrote:
First answer this: Do you know everyone on the planet?

If your answer is no, then you have no idea why a stranger before you is not wearing a mask. It is rude for you to make the declaration that they "must" wear one, or they don't love their neighbor (you don't think that's judgmental???). And finally, it is none of your business just like what is in their medical record is none of your business.


Again the simple question I asked about being maskless: how is that a love of neighbor? Your opinion.

 
 
Apr 3, 2021 22:08:54   #
EmilyD
 
rumitoid wrote:
Again the simple question I asked about being maskless: how is that a love of neighbor? Your opinion.


Wearing a mask has nothing to do with whether you love someone or not. To make the statement that 'you are not loving your neighbor because you are not wearing a mask' is, as I've said three times now, an assumption that you have no right to make, in my opinion.

If you choose not to get my point that the reason why some people do not wear masks is not of your concern, then I cannot answer any more of your questions, since you seem to be bent on preaching that your view - and only your view - is the correct one.

Apr 3, 2021 22:51:40   #
rumitoid
 
EmilyD wrote:
Wearing a mask has nothing to do with whether you love someone or not. To make the statement that 'you are not loving your neighbor because you are not wearing a mask' is, as I've said three times now, an assumption that you have no right to make, in my opinion.

If you choose not to get my point that the reason why some people do not wear masks is not of your concern, then I cannot answer any more of your questions, since you seem to be bent on preaching that your view - and only your view - is the correct one.
Wearing a mask has nothing to do with whether you ... (show quote)


If I "choose not to get your point" is ridiculous: how is it not my concern, for me and the community I live in.

I was asking your opinion on how exposing people to disease and possible death is somehow loving. What is your Scriptural reasoning and support for a lack of caring for "the least of these," such as the elderly with pre-existing conditions, in not wearing a mask? Avoid the question again for the 3rd time.

Apr 4, 2021 00:15:09   #
EmilyD
 
rumitoid wrote:
If I "choose not to get your point" is ridiculous: how is it not my concern, for me and the community I live in.

I was asking your opinion on how exposing people to disease and possible death is somehow loving. What is your Scriptural reasoning and support for a lack of caring for "the least of these," such as the elderly with pre-existing conditions, in not wearing a mask? Avoid the question again for the 3rd time.


I have answered your question twice now.

You want me to quote scripture about whether wearing a mask is loving my neighbor or not. If the authors of the bible had anything to say about whether you love your neighbor or not by wearing or not wearing a mask, they didn't write anything down about it, so I have no scriptural reference on the issue - and neither do you. To use Jesus's words about love to push your agenda that you don't love someone if you don't behave a certain way is blasphemous, in my opinion. Jesus would never say anything like that! That is what I mean by you being sanctimonious and judgmental.

If you have a problem with someone not wearing a mask, then you should remove yourself from the area. It is not your job to expect that person to put on a mask because of what your views are. Once again, for the fourth time, it is not your concern what is going on with someone who is not wearing a mask. That is why they tell us to social distance ourselves from each other. Social distancing yourself from the person would be the respectful thing for you to do, because - again - you do not know the reason why someone is not wearing a mask!! Just walk away. It's that simple.

I am not going to answer your question a third time. If you don't like my answers then that's on you.

Apr 4, 2021 07:22:18   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
Again the simple question I asked about being maskless: how is that a love of neighbor? Your opinion.


How is your nonstop bile a love of neighbor?

Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.