One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Restore Western Civilization
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Sep 20, 2019 10:51:03   #
ReverseDiversity
 
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 10:57:10   #
byronglimish Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!
Hi there, br br I'm Brett and I am Old Right. Tha... (show quote)




Welcome Brett.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 10:57:19   #
bahmer
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!
Hi there, br br I'm Brett and I am Old Right. Tha... (show quote)


Welcome aboard and join in the fray whenever you feel like it. I think that the trip down for our society started in the 60's and we went to free love and the girls burning their bras and then we had that big music festival out east somewhere Woodstock I believe was the name.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:00:30   #
ReverseDiversity
 
bahmer wrote:
I think that the trip down for our society started in the 60's and we went to free love and the girls burning their bras and then we had that big music festival out east somewhere Woodstock I believe was the name.


I agree that was a pretty low point, but I think it started long before that. However, that really is a rabbit trail. I blame The Enlightenment, which prioritized the individual over larger orders like nature, culture, civilization, common sense (!), and spiritual understanding.

We used to have to read The Great Gatsby in English class, and that described another really devastating time.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:10:31   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!
Hi there, br br I'm Brett and I am Old Right. Tha... (show quote)


Welcome...

Always great to have another perspective

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:10:38   #
bahmer
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
I agree that was a pretty low point, but I think it started long before that. However, that really is a rabbit trail. I blame The Enlightenment, which prioritized the individual over larger orders like nature, culture, civilization, common sense (!), and spiritual understanding.

We used to have to read The Great Gatsby in English class, and that described another really devastating time.


We used to say the pledge of allegiance in school and we used to have a morning prayer in school and that was a secular school. We used to read real history books about George Washington and such. I was born in 1943 and things have sure changed since then that is for sure. If we misbehaved in school we got a paddling from the principal and then when we got home we got another paddling from out dads. Maybe we should go back to those days and throw that Dr. Spook book out the window.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:11:28   #
ReverseDiversity
 
I might suggest instead that we throw out public education entirely, and let people choose the schools to which they want to send their children. "One-size-fits-all" education is a disaster.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:11:38   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
bahmer wrote:
We used to say the pledge of allegiance in school and we used to have a morning prayer in school and that was a secular school. We used to read real history books about George Washington and such. I was born in 1943 and things have sure changed since then that is for sure. If we misbehaved in school we got a paddling from the principal and then when we got home we got another paddling from out dads. Maybe we should go back to those days and throw that Dr. Spook book out the window.


Absolutely

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 11:25:04   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!
Hi there, br br I'm Brett and I am Old Right. Tha... (show quote)


You are most welcome. Have fun.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 12:32:47   #
debeda
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
I might suggest instead that we throw out public education entirely, and let people choose the schools to which they want to send their children. "One-size-fits-all" education is a disaster.


It's not a disaster if the schools' curriculum hadn't been turned to shiznit. Teach the basics, the 3 Rs. Teach civics and science based on fact. Leave out the political correctness, LGBTQRST, black victimhood (not good for kids to be taught they're victims), etc etc etc.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 13:03:32   #
ReverseDiversity
 
debeda wrote:
Teach the basics, the 3 Rs.


Heartily agreed. Also: not everyone needs to or should go to college, or possibly even high school. We are wasting time on daycare for children which makes them even more alienated, and we call this daycare public education.

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 13:55:06   #
Elmer Werth
 
A few intelligent teachers had proposed a resolution at the recent NEA convention that more emphasis be placed on basic education. It was voted down and then some more liberal social adjustment measures were adopted. If that doesn't explain the failure of our education system, nothing will in our modern(?) culture.
Elmer Werth

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 14:01:14   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Elmer Werth wrote:
A few intelligent teachers had proposed a resolution at the recent NEA convention that more emphasis be placed on basic education. It was voted down and then some more liberal social adjustment measures were adopted. If that doesn't explain the failure of our education system, nothing will in our modern(?) culture.
Elmer Werth


Ever notice how the left likes to call themselves progressives and use that pejorative as if we are a bunch of superstitious pagans. However; science and statistics has shown that our public school system is failing and it's not due to money spent. Science has also shown fetus's feel pain at a much earlier time than originally thought. In those two cases alone science doesn't seem to matter to liberals.

| Reply
Sep 20, 2019 14:07:35   #
debeda
 
Elmer Werth wrote:
A few intelligent teachers had proposed a resolution at the recent NEA convention that more emphasis be placed on basic education. It was voted down and then some more liberal social adjustment measures were adopted. If that doesn't explain the failure of our education system, nothing will in our modern(?) culture.
Elmer Werth


TRUE STORY, Elmer

| Reply
Sep 21, 2019 06:54:39   #
rebob14
 
ReverseDiversity wrote:
Hi there,

I'm Brett and I am Old Right. That is, I like the way things were going before The Enlightenment liberalized everything.

In my view, Western Civilization has been in decline for a long time and we need to focus on restoring it instead of bickering about exactly how we redistribute the wealth.

I write for an underground Right blog which I will probably not link here. It only makes sense once you're already down the rabbit trail.

Anyway, hope to chat with you all!
Hi there, br br I'm Brett and I am Old Right. Tha... (show quote)


Welcome! We need you and your knowledge and insights. This decline started shortly after ratification of the Constitution and has employed many guises under one spirit.........that is to say, it is very intentional and well engineered. Many more must wake up, but, for the first time in awhile, it is starting to look like a turnaround is possible!!!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.