One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Understanding the Politics of America's Political Right
Ill take one single mother, two of her sisters and all their children into my house.
Jul 18, 2019 11:47:42   #
Singularity
 
I 've heared a figure of $750 per day per detainee.

I have three empty bedrooms and a large backyard.

$750 x 30 days = $22,500 per month per individual.

At a minimum of six individuals plus myself, that would be $125,000 per month in household income. (Check those figures, my awesome brain is dyslexic for arithmetic. Higher math and calculus no problem. I know, weird.)

I believe we could make that work. And not have to share toothbrushes. In a couple months buy the house for sale down the street, and sponsor a new group. I could add on a grandparent suite for my sanity/privacy....

Of course my HOA has a single family occupancy rule. Any one residing there must be in the nuclear family or related to a nuclear family member. So, I might would have to marry one of the women.

Great reality TV show premise.....

Reply
Jul 18, 2019 12:18:43   #
Singularity
 
A Habitat house costs approximately $125,000-$145,000 to build. A new Habitat homeowner will only pay what it cost to build the house.

Reply
Jul 18, 2019 12:31:44   #
no propaganda please Loc: moon orbiting the third rock from the sun
 
Singularity wrote:
A Habitat house costs approximately $125,000-$145,000 to build. A new Habitat homeowner will only pay what it cost to build the house.


That's way too much. Our 26 x 80 manufactured house cost only $75,000. It has 3 bedrooms plus a computer room, a large family room, good size kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Why not just give the family something like that, requiring the new residents to paint the whole thing inside as part of their recognition that a house always needs work.. People usually take better care of something in which they have sweat equity.

Reply
 
 
Jul 18, 2019 12:39:29   #
Singularity
 
no propaganda please wrote:
That's way too much. Our 26 x 80 manufactured house cost only $75,000. It has 3 bedrooms plus a computer room, a large family room, good size kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Why not just give the family something like that, requiring the new residents to paint the whole thing inside as part of their recognition that a house always needs work.. People usually take better care of something in which they have sweat equity.


Have you investigated Habitat for Humanity's program? That is a part of it. The figures quoted are averages.The actual cost of each individual home may vary from the average, depending on the location, location, location of the home and regional costs of materials and labor. The family awarded the home is expected to pitch in as able, some are elderly or disabled.

Reply
Jul 18, 2019 12:54:23   #
Singularity
 
no propaganda please wrote:
That's way too much. Our 26 x 80 manufactured house cost only $75,000. It has 3 bedrooms plus a computer room, a large family room, good size kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Why not just give the family something like that, requiring the new residents to paint the whole thing inside as part of their recognition that a house always needs work.. People usually take better care of something in which they have sweat equity.


At the cost of detention, a family of six would have $225,000 in one month. Your point is well taken.

Sponsor a family for one month, for HALF what it would take to abuse them in overwhelmed detainee facilities, $112,500 per month.

Retain half that for your sponsoring generosity, $56,250/month income for your pains.

AND $56,250 for them to BUY THEIR OWN starter home. (Does your figure include the cost of the land?) Generously throw in extra months ofsponsorship for families to deal with immigration red tape, etc till they are more properly vetted, are appropriate to qualify and are settled.

Already cut the government's cost of this crisis by half, and become a real estate entrepreneur and a reality tv star!

And its barely lunchtime...

I might be manic....

Reply
Jul 18, 2019 14:28:44   #
no propaganda please Loc: moon orbiting the third rock from the sun
 
Singularity wrote:
At the cost of detention, a family of six would have $225,000 in one month. Your point is well taken.

Sponsor a family for one month, for HALF what it would take to abuse them in overwhelmed detainee facilities, $112,500 per month.

Retain half that for your sponsoring generosity, $56,250/month income for your pains.

AND $56,250 for them to BUY THEIR OWN starter home. (Does your figure include the cost of the land?) Generously throw in extra months ofsponsorship for families to deal with immigration red tape, etc till they are more properly vetted, are appropriate to qualify and are settled.

Already cut the government's cost of this crisis by half, and become a real estate entrepreneur and a reality tv star!

And its barely lunchtime...

I might be manic....
At the cost of detention, a family of six would ha... (show quote)


No, the figure does not include the land, and the 85 plus acres cost us $25,000 16 years ago. Land around here has not gone up much and one of our neighbors sold his 102 acre plot for 29.500 last year. Actually it was his mothers and she had just passed away, and he does not live around here any more. That is not surprising, because until 2 years ago, there were no jobs. Jobs are coming back but slowly because all the people with any drive and even a high school education have left.

Reply
Jul 19, 2019 11:05:32   #
Singularity
 
no propaganda please wrote:
No, the figure does not include the land, and the 85 plus acres cost us $25,000 16 years ago. Land around here has not gone up much and one of our neighbors sold his 102 acre plot for 29.500 last year. Actually it was his mothers and she had just passed away, and he does not live around here any more. That is not surprising, because until 2 years ago, there were no jobs. Jobs are coming back but slowly because all the people with any drive and even a high school education have left.


Prolly aren't coming back.

People today! A friend and her adult son were guests at my home when the water needed to be turned off to repair some pipes. I put a 5 gallon water jug in the bathroom with soap and towels....

She confided her son had no idea how he could thus clean his body. He asked how he was supposed to connect the plastic jug to the showerhead!

He's in graduate school doing something or other with his life.

Reply
 
 
Aug 7, 2019 22:56:11   #
Armageddun Loc: The show me state
 
Singularity wrote:
Prolly aren't coming back.

People today! A friend and her adult son were guests at my home when the water needed to be turned off to repair some pipes. I put a 5 gallon water jug in the bathroom with soap and towels....

She confided her son had no idea how he could thus clean his body. He asked how he was supposed to connect the plastic jug to the showerhead!

He's in graduate school doing something or other with his life.


Hahahahahaha My first thought: There was an old lady that lived in a shoe...

Reply
Aug 8, 2019 11:34:33   #
no propaganda please Loc: moon orbiting the third rock from the sun
 
Singularity wrote:
Prolly aren't coming back.

People today! A friend and her adult son were guests at my home when the water needed to be turned off to repair some pipes. I put a 5 gallon water jug in the bathroom with soap and towels....

She confided her son had no idea how he could thus clean his body. He asked how he was supposed to connect the plastic jug to the showerhead!

He's in graduate school doing something or other with his life.


One of our dogs has learned how to turn on the water in the bath tub when his water bowel is empty. Maybe he can teach this young man something about solving his own problems..

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Understanding the Politics of America's Political Right
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2023 IDF International Technologies, Inc.