One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Is There a Border Crisis?
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Jan 10, 2019 07:17:22   #
ACP45 (a regular here)
 
Let's look at Yesterday's USA's Headline on the subject:

[Central American migrants keep heading toward USA, even as Trump focuses on stopping caravans]

President Donald Trump's efforts to halt migrant caravans and limit asylum have not deterred Central American minors and members of their families from rushing toward the USA, according to data released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Wednesday.

Border Patrol agents apprehended 27,518 members of family units in December, the highest monthly total on record. That figure has steadily climbed for five months, even as Trump made stopping migrant caravans the centerpiece of his midterm election strategy and drove Washington into a partial government shutdown over funding for his border wall.

Those caravan members, most of whom tried to exercise their legal right to request asylum in the USA, contributed to a third straight month of more than 60,000 migrants being detained at U.S. ports of entry and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between.

The Trump administration points to those numbers as proof that the situation along the southern border is at "crisis" levels that require the expansion of the border wall. Trump used a national TV address from the Oval Office on Tuesday night to argue that case.

The administration has also used the growing number of migrants to try to end asylum for victims of domestic abuse and gang violence and to prevent migrants who enter the country illegally from applying for asylum. Both of those moves were blocked by federal courts.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/09/migrant-caravan-trump-crackdown-has-not-slowed-flow-families-us/2523034002/

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 09:08:13   #
Wonttakeitanymore (a regular here)
 
What about the people in this country that are victims of domestic abuse? Go home and storm ur leaders!!!

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 09:53:54   #
peg w
 
There may be an uptick of families and people entering
the US border, but it is one quarter of the people entering in 2007. There wasn't a racist president yelling about the unwashed then, so, why now?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 12:01:12   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
I was at a meeting last night when a woman got a text from her daughter who is a US Marshal just stationed at the border and she said she's bored to death!! nothing happening

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 12:41:05   #
pafret
 
ACP45 wrote:
Let's look at Yesterday's USA's Headline on the subject:

[Central American migrants keep heading toward USA, even as Trump focuses on stopping caravans]

President Donald Trump's efforts to halt migrant caravans and limit asylum have not deterred Central American minors and members of their families from rushing toward the USA, according to data released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Wednesday.

Border Patrol agents apprehended 27,518 members of family units in December, the highest monthly total on record. That figure has steadily climbed for five months, even as Trump made stopping migrant caravans the centerpiece of his midterm election strategy and drove Washington into a partial government shutdown over funding for his border wall.

Those caravan members, most of whom tried to exercise their legal right to request asylum in the USA, contributed to a third straight month of more than 60,000 migrants being detained at U.S. ports of entry and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between.

The Trump administration points to those numbers as proof that the situation along the southern border is at "crisis" levels that require the expansion of the border wall. Trump used a national TV address from the Oval Office on Tuesday night to argue that case.

The administration has also used the growing number of migrants to try to end asylum for victims of domestic abuse and gang violence and to prevent migrants who enter the country illegally from applying for asylum. Both of those moves were blocked by federal courts.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/09/migrant-caravan-trump-crackdown-has-not-slowed-flow-families-us/2523034002/
Let's look at Yesterday's USA's Headline on the su... (show quote)


The Federal Courts have become a travesty with activist judges ruling according to their biases instead of in accord with the Constitution. There is virtually no oversight on these judges nor any attempts to remove them for obstructing the conduct of the government. They would be extremely angry if the Executive branch, which is tasked with enforcing their rulings, simply ignored them and implemented the orders anyway. There is nothing sacred about a court ruling given with the aim of blocking another branch of government, in exercising its Constitutional rights.

Those people who made illegal entry were apprehended, they did not turn themselves in to request asylum. If they could have gotten away with it they would have disappeared into the interior. While there is a legal right to request asylum there is no obligation requiring us to grant such asylum. Poverty and lack of opportunity is not grounds for asylum and the conditions in South America are no worse then they have been for the last fifty years.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 14:09:57   #
ACP45 (a regular here)
 
peg w wrote:
There may be an uptick of families and people entering
the US border, but it is one quarter of the people entering in 2007. There wasn't a racist president yelling about the unwashed then, so, why now?


Peg, what is racist about a president wanting to enforce our border and stop illegal immigration? Did you forget that President Obama and many other presidents have been saying the exact same thing? Let me refresh your memory. This is from the Washington Post on Obama's Immigration speech:

"But today, our immigration system is broken, and everybody knows it. Families who enter our country the right way and play by the rules watch others flout the rules. Business owners who offer their wages good wages benefits see the competition exploit undocumented immigrants by paying them far less. All of us take offense to anyone who reaps the rewards of living in America without taking on the responsibilities of living in America." ......

"Tonight I’m announcing those actions.

OBAMA: First, we’ll build on our progress at the border with additional resources for our law enforcement personnel so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over."

Does that statement make Obama racist? President Trump wants to do the same thing - "stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who cross over". Calling someone racist does not make it so.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-obamas-immigration-speech/2014/11/20/14ba8042-7117-11e4-893f-86bd390a3340_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a0e441a7ca4:

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 14:16:26   #
ACP45 (a regular here)
 
Lonewolf wrote:
I was at a meeting last night when a woman got a text from her daughter who is a US Marshal just stationed at the border and she said she's bored to death!! nothing happening


Lonewolf, that one text that the woman got from her daughter does not square with the article I cited. Not every border location is targeted by those wishing to cross over. For all we know, she may be stationed at a border location that has a "big, beautiful wall" that makes it impossible for illegals to enter our country.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 14:49:32   #
Lonewolf (a regular here)
 
good point

ACP45 wrote:
Lonewolf, that one text that the woman got from her daughter does not square with the article I cited. Not every border location is targeted by those wishing to cross over. For all we know, she may be stationed at a border location that has a "big, beautiful wall" that makes it impossible for illegals to enter our country.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 10:35:10   #
bahmer (a regular here)
 
ACP45 wrote:
Let's look at Yesterday's USA's Headline on the subject:

[Central American migrants keep heading toward USA, even as Trump focuses on stopping caravans]

President Donald Trump's efforts to halt migrant caravans and limit asylum have not deterred Central American minors and members of their families from rushing toward the USA, according to data released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection on Wednesday.

Border Patrol agents apprehended 27,518 members of family units in December, the highest monthly total on record. That figure has steadily climbed for five months, even as Trump made stopping migrant caravans the centerpiece of his midterm election strategy and drove Washington into a partial government shutdown over funding for his border wall.

Those caravan members, most of whom tried to exercise their legal right to request asylum in the USA, contributed to a third straight month of more than 60,000 migrants being detained at U.S. ports of entry and arrested in the vast stretches of border in between.

The Trump administration points to those numbers as proof that the situation along the southern border is at "crisis" levels that require the expansion of the border wall. Trump used a national TV address from the Oval Office on Tuesday night to argue that case.

The administration has also used the growing number of migrants to try to end asylum for victims of domestic abuse and gang violence and to prevent migrants who enter the country illegally from applying for asylum. Both of those moves were blocked by federal courts.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/09/migrant-caravan-trump-crackdown-has-not-slowed-flow-families-us/2523034002/
Let's look at Yesterday's USA's Headline on the su... (show quote)


Amen and Amen

| Reply
Jan 12, 2019 16:09:44   #
Ricktloml (a regular here)
 
pafret wrote:
The Federal Courts have become a travesty with activist judges ruling according to their biases instead of in accord with the Constitution. There is virtually no oversight on these judges nor any attempts to remove them for obstructing the conduct of the government. They would be extremely angry if the Executive branch, which is tasked with enforcing their rulings, simply ignored them and implemented the orders anyway. There is nothing sacred about a court ruling given with the aim of blocking another branch of government, in exercising its Constitutional rights.

Those people who made illegal entry were apprehended, they did not turn themselves in to request asylum. If they could have gotten away with it they would have disappeared into the interior. While there is a legal right to request asylum there is no obligation requiring us to grant such asylum. Poverty and lack of opportunity is not grounds for asylum and the conditions in South America are no worse then they have been for the last fifty years.
The Federal Courts have become a travesty with act... (show quote)


Obama simply ignored the courts when they ruled against him and did as he pleased. The difference is the media excused Obama's actions. President Trump has not ignored the courts the way Obama did, yet the abusively biased media attacks him daily. And the vast majority of asylum seekers are denied because they don't meet the requirements. If they gain entrance they simply disappear and then fail to turn up for any further hearings. The loopholes in our laws need to be closed. These laws were originally passed to prevent human trafficking, now thanks to the left, they encourage it.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.