One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Posts for: Ranger7374
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 411 next>>
Jul 23, 2019 01:43:47   #
Ferrous wrote:
Then the Progressives are Bigots, thinking that their Way is Best. A "bigot discriminates on the basis of his personal opinion, which can include race, gender, religion or beliefs produced by their own personal life experiences"


What is it called if you just don't like a person's views or character, and you say things against their character or view points?

I thought a bigot was a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. Disliking a person or their view point is not bigoted if you don't like the idea, or view point. Is it really?

Where is freedom of thought? Where is freedom to disagree? If action of discrimination or prejudice action is taken then that is intolerance, which can lead towards racism but just to disagree is not bigoted or racism.

I think we all need to reevaluate, our decorum on communication. Diversity of thought is not necessarily agreement, sometimes it is disagreement..

If Trump is guilty of racism then his enemies are just as guilty. Therefore Shakespeare's words, "all is fair in love and war" holds true. Or am I misreading the situation?
 
Jul 22, 2019 11:23:22   #
dtucker300 wrote:
No... Anti-sodomy laws would mean "against sodomy laws." Historically, "sodomy laws" were laws that prohibited sodomy. You have it backward. No wonder you didn't understand what I wrote.


Well, who lead the charge to pass laws against sodomy? I'll rephrase the question then...
Jul 22, 2019 02:09:58   #
dtucker300 wrote:
I'm going to guess it was Obama.

Not sure I totally understand the question. By anti-sodomy are you saying he passed laws that struck down or eliminated sodomy laws? I'm guessing Obama did so with the military. Wasn't the real deal changer Lawrence v. Texas in SCOTUS? Ah, slouching toward Gomorrah!


Anti sodomy laws are laws that prohibit sodomy(that is anal and oral sex. Sex with more than one person)
Jul 22, 2019 02:01:18   #
I appreciate all the fine responses we have had on this topic. I thank you.

Incidentally I have a lead on the true problem and it is not racism, discrimination, or prejudice. The problem is how we view these terms.

Political correctness defined these terms in the 80s and 90s.. The terms as defined back then was not what the terms mean.

The problem started with the declaration of Independence. Slave owners declared to the world "all men are created equal" and the solution to the problem is to free all people.

Then they created the Constitution and after the founders generation passed away, the Constitution was working. The solution in the Constitution was that states would outlaw slavery one by one until the whole country would be free and slavery would be outlawed. But what the founders did not expect is the resistance to the abolishment of slavery. But after the civil war slavery was abolished. At this point the sin of slavery died with slavery.

Then discrimination and prejudice took the place of slavery. 100 years later, the Constitution worked again, whereas prejudice and discrimination was numbered. But now we have a different problem.

For the most part of what I can see, through all of your comments, that is all of you, that the problem is not racism but the two opposing view points of the belief of Nature and Natural Law; and Progressivism. Both view points thought they could coexist.

It was the progressives that created Political Correctness. Through this thought process, one group told the other what was perfect. But how can the imperfect tell the imperfect what is perfect?
Jul 20, 2019 09:58:38   #
whitnebrat wrote:
Impressive! With the exception of a few minor details, I totally agree with what you are saying.
In particular, the following quote caught my eye. You said:
"Now, the first four commandments concern the relationship man has with God. If this relationship is infringed upon by governments then the government is wrong. But when people exercising these four commandments are pushing their beliefs upon others, then that too is just like the government infringing upon the people. You can only follow these commandments through the freedom of the human condition, you cannot be forced to follow them. To do so is against God's will as well as the Constitution of the United States. You must be free of all distractions and come to your own conclusions. "

This comes strikingly close to what I have been trying to say throughout my posts, that we must not have even the whiff of a state religion, nor can we have religious intrusions alien to our own into our private lives. To sum it up I think that the following quote applies: "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and render unto God what is God's." In our multicultural society, we must have this kind of separation between church and state, and maintain tolerance for dissenting and non-conforming religious (and other) views. We do have common interests, and racism, fascism, and bigotry do not enter into that equation.
Thank you again for your post ... I found it most enjoyable and on point. Keep up the good work!
Impressive! With the exception of a few minor deta... (show quote)


Thank you for your comment. Only wisdom will solve our problems today. And in many ways ancient wisdom is the key...
Jul 20, 2019 02:52:43   #
slatten49 wrote:
My biggest mistake and hardest life's lesson was in giving you credit via IOUs.

Ya' durn Squid.


lol
 
Jul 20, 2019 02:50:30   #
BigMike wrote:
Kansas! These are more than words! Fight to protect what's yours!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OLxcpKQcw4

Can I tell you something?
Got to tell you one thing.
If you expect the freedom
That you say is yours,
Prove that you deserve it.
Help us to preserve it,
Or being free will just be
Words and nothing more.


Like the term, Racism? (no offense but I think you are right about freedom but there are other terms I apply to your idea)
Jul 20, 2019 02:46:49   #
My friends and fellow colleagues from all sides of the political realm we have a very serious problem in America.

The problem is Racism, and in retrospect reverse Racism.

First let's establish a few rules for this debate.

1. Do not attack anyone personally. In this topic, and the reason I brought it up, is because I am disturbed at the way my fellow Americans are approaching this sensitive subject. You are free to attack the principles and thesis. But please do not attack anyone personally. Keep the status quo, and decorum of the OPP. I will also ask the administrator of this site to observe comments placed here and discipline members if their rhetoric becomes personal and take disciplinary action should the comments here be used against a member personally.

2. In keeping decorum, you are free to use as evidence to support your point as anything on the web. If needed use links to websites to show sources.

3. Keep this debate as a debate. We are learning from each other and trying, or at least I am trying to learn and mature even more to establish what racism is, and what racism is not. Please share your ideas do not attack anyone. Attack only the subject matter.

If we are agreed on the above then post, if you do not agree with the above please refrain from posting. In your first post please include, "I agree with these rules" or reply to this message.


Last Sunday Donald Trump tweeted this statement:

So interesting to see the "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements! Tweeted by Donald Trump, 7/12/2019

If that wasn't enough, Donald tweeted this later,

So sad to see the Democrats sticking up for people who speak so badly of our Country and who, in addition, hate Israel with a true and unbridled passion. Whenever confronted, they call their adversaries, including Nancy Pelosi, "RACIST". Their disgusting language and many terrible things they say about the United States must not be allowed to go unchallenged. If the Democrat Party wants to continue to condone such disgraceful behavior, then we look even more forward to seeing you at the ballot box in 2020!

The following day he tweeted:
When will the Radical Left Congresswomen apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President for the foul language they have used, and the terrible things they have said. So many people are angry at them & their horrible & disgusting actions.

If Democrats want to unite around the foul language & racist hatred spewed from the mouths and actions of these very unpopular & unrepresentatives Congresswomen it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I can tell you that they have made Israel feel abandoned by the U.S.

Congress under the Democrat majority fought back. Nancy Pelosi also spoke for Resolution 489 condemning Donald Trump for Racist comments in the above tweets. The Republican minority fought back. Infact after Nancy's speech, the Republicans sought to "take down" Nancy's words because these words violated a long standing rule of the House of Representatives. The Democrats voted to keep Nancy's words and they were not taken down. Also they voted for the resolution and the resolution passed.

Now let's examine the question, "What is racism?"

According to merriam-webster's dictionary, the definition of racism is:
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination


I assume the backlash on the reaction of the tweets appear to satisfy the 3rd, definition of the term. However, where in the above tweets does Donald Trump tell the members that based upon thier race, "Go back to your country..."

I ask this question because honestly, I am confused.
Jul 20, 2019 02:01:12   #
Just a question to put out there,

Name the president that implemented the first anti-sodomy laws of this great nation?
(I am defining sodomy as anal and oral sex. This was the definition of sodomy by the president who implemented these laws. He had Congress pass them.) You have 45 choices.
Jul 20, 2019 01:55:02   #
PeterS wrote:
Please read the Bible? Read our constitution. We are a secular nation and have been one since our founding. We don't govern our nation by what the bible says and we never have. If someone is a homosexual what the bible says is completely irrelevant. And other than an exercise in futility why are we even entertaining the idea of homosexuality? If someone is a homosexual that is their business and no one else's. And if we are going to view this through the eye of religion than an omnipotent and omnipresent god would have known the sins of his creation before he even created them! So if god didn't want homosexuals he wouldn't have created them!!!
Please read the Bible? Read our constitution. We a... (show quote)


So if the bible speaks of slavery to sin, or freedom from sin then that doesn't apply to our Constitution?

If the bible speaks about Murder, Stealing, or even false witnesses, that doesn't apply to the Constitution either, does it?

There are borders on freedom, so that the individual can flourish.
There are borders on restriction of freedom, so that the individual can flourish.
There are borders on religion and government so that society can flourish.

These borders should never be crossed, for crossing these borders causes all sorts of evil. Everywhere from bullying that causes prejudice, then discrimination and eventually racism.

Yet the progressives feel we should have freedom without responsibility.

That is the problem.

Ranger, should you kill a homosexual because they are homosexual? The answer to this question is no.
Ranger, should you kill a murderer because they murder? The answer to this question is yes.
Ranger, how do you find out whether or not the accused is guilty of the crime?

Through a legal and fair trial.

There are rules or borders so that a legal and fair trial can present the facts as we know them. How do we know the facts, we use reason. That reason has been developed by a secular thought process. For it is impossible to have a fair trial with conflicting ideologies through theology. Christians fight against Christians, Muslims fight against Muslims, and its well known that the Jews(Judah) fight against Jews(Samaritans). So to establish true Justice, it is right to find what is common amongst all three theologies.

Among what is common, is that all three religions believe in One God, and incidentally the same God. If you are mature you can understand, if you are not mature you will never understand.
Since they believe in the same God, the basic rules of the religions are similar--that is The Ten Commandments as explained by Moses.

For other religions, they have some form of the Ten Commandments which establishes ten basic rules to live by.

So lets break down the Ten Commandments for a minute:

1. Thou shalt not have any false gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make a carven image of a god, man or beast.
3. Thou shalt not take thy Lords Name in vain.
4. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath Day.

These first three commandments concern Man and his relationship to God. This establishes a respect from Man to God. All three religions recognize this.

5. Honor thy Mother and Father
6. Thou shall not murder
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
8. Thou shalt not steal
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
10. Thou shalt not covet.

These next five Commandments are commands that society needs in order to survive. They start with the family, then proceed to society. A healthy society will keep all ten of these commandments, a sick society will go against in one way or another these 10 commandments.

Now, the first four commandments concern the relationship man has with God. If this relationship is infringed upon by governments then the government is wrong. But when people exercising these four commandments are pushing their beliefs upon others, then that too is just like the government infringing upon the people. You can only follow these commandments through the freedom of the human condition, you cannot be forced to follow them. To do so is against God's will as well as the Constitution of the United States. You must be free of all distractions and come to your own conclusions.

If you are not free you cannot effectively decide anything. Whether or not you believe in God.

The next six commandments concern how we relate to each other.

By Honoring your mother and father, you will have a happy life.

By not committing murder, no man shall kill you. Now murder applies to the mind, body, and soul. However, the only one that can be proven physically is the murder of the body. Now there are also many ways to handle murder and many degrees of murder. Christians above Jews and Muslims, provide an avenue of forgiveness for Murder. For the Jews Murdered Jesus Christ, which freed humanity from Sin. You may look at that statement as anti-Semitic, but in reality, Jews are heroes, in the fact that, through the murder of the Son of God, Man can be forgiven.

Thou shalt not commit adultery, helps keep the distraction of human desire which causes the breaking of all these commandments, to stop. It protects the family. It keeps the family together, and builds fidelity of society. It builds upon the functions of a man and the functions of a woman, to create the image of God. Through the image of God, the family unit is secure and holds the true power of society... all societies. Homosexuality destroys this function as an act against nature. This is why Homosexuality is a sin. However, it is not right to kill a homosexual. Although the sinner, the homosexual, is powerless over their emotions, as the homosexual finds God through reason, the homosexual evolves from sinner to saint. This is the hope of Christians, however other religions, like the Jews and Muslims don't exercise this type of forgiveness.

Now, let me stop right here before continuing on to the other rules of a healthy society. Using reason based upon ancient knowledge, all Sin is equal before the eyes of God. Since all sin is equal before the eyes of God, then a murderer and a homosexual, a person who dishonors their father and mother, the Blasphemer, the one who does not honor the sabbath, all committed the same crime, they sinned against God. By Sinning against God, you sin against your fellow man, that is the covenant that was made between God and Man.

If you break the sin of stealing, lying, coveting, you are also a sinner, equal with the sinner described above.

If you break any of the commandments, you engage in all the phobias, racism, slavery, etc. By breaking any of these commandments, you injure your fellow human being, either physically, mentally, or spiritually. And when you break the commandments you enslave your fellow humans, to the point that anger is risen against you. The best form of punishment for all these sins is exile.

Through exile, the human person returns to their senses and can thus repent of the sins they committed. And under the fear of being alone, the human person develops a sense of repentance, and through repentance, hate is replaced with love. This forms redemption and forgiveness.

In Christ's prayer, "Forgives our trespasseses as We forgive those who trespass against us."

When you injure a person, if that person can forgive you then God can forgive you. The breaking of any Commandment injures someone, even if you don't know it. Until the injured person can forgive you, then God can't forgive you. If society determines that you are forgiven, then God will forgive you.

Now. Society created certain rules, among these rules are rights that protect you from sinning against your neighbor. Society created rules to reinforce the Ten Commandments. Among these rights is freedom of speech, right to assemble, the right to religion and the practice thereof, the right to bear arms, the right to have a fair trial, the right not to be torchered, the right to not speak for the purpose of being self-incriminated, the right to not be enslaved. The right to stand against tyranny. And I also agree with the right to be forgotten.

The right to be forgotten is a new concept. But the way it would work, is if I committed a sin, and paid my penance for that sin, and was forgiven, I have a right that my past sins, be forgotten.

Now, in law we don't have that yet, but in Law we prohibit certain acts that cause injury. That act in religious terms is called sin. If you break the law, you sin.

Just because you sin, or break the law, does not mean that you can't be forgiven. And to eliminate Religion which is inseparable from the human person, is to eliminate all sense of forgiveness.

Justice through faith and reason is called wisdom.
Jul 19, 2019 00:51:55   #
Mr. Rogers wrote:
Laws are necessary for safe and orderly conduct in any house, dwelling place or society. Mutual respect for the human needs and inalienable rights of self and others should be the name of the game. It should be OK to share one's religious or cultural beliefs with others, but no one should be forced or coerced to convert or join to any religious or cultural sect against their will. Certain moral standards should be upheld and exemplified in multicultural settings. Obscenity and indecency should be banned.
Laws are necessary for safe and orderly conduct in... (show quote)


Agreed!
 
Jul 17, 2019 23:38:45   #
hey bdamage, I think I'm going to call your topic here, the perpetual topic. Keep up the good work! I love it.
Jul 17, 2019 23:36:57   #
whitnebrat wrote:
It is obvious after thirty-seven pages of rhetoric, that those of a religious bent are not inclined to modify their beliefs, and it is equally obvious (having lived in San Francisco for many years) that the LGBTQ community is over-reacting, having been given an opportunity gain acceptance (as little as it has been so far). There are vehement extremists on both sides.
I abhor the LGBTQ person that flaunts it in my face as much as I become aggravated when an overly evangelistic believer tries to convert me to their way of thinking.
The more problematic situation is that where the true believer believes that they have the right to impose their beliefs upon the entire population. This is a multi-cultural society, whether we like it or not. I don't hear a major uproar over the people that practice voodoo or Sangria, whereas the brouhaha over Same Sex Marriage has reached astronomical heights recently. Why is there no outrage over other things that conflict with the Christian religion?
Where I draw the line is with both of these extremes. Just because the LGBTQ community is now a little freer to live their lives as they want, it does not give them license to force that lifestyle on everyone else. Likewise, just because the religious side of the house has political power to abuse the LGBTQ community for moral and religious beliefs by codifying laws against their behavior, it shouldn't morally do so. Religious beliefs are just that ... beliefs that belong in the home and the house of worship. LGBTQ should equally not seek to adopt an "in your face" attitude when confronted by over-zealous religionists.
We live in a democratic republic, where everyone is granted the same rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." I can no more force my beliefs on them, than they can on me. It is time to keep our religions out of the public square and keep our sexual habits in our bedrooms.
It is obvious after thirty-seven pages of rhetoric... (show quote)


You get rebuked by St. Paul, "Faith without works is dead"
Jul 17, 2019 23:35:21   #
maxcorn wrote:
Amen. Thank you for the truth and a law that no MAN can usurp.


its been in effect for thousands of years with no effective amendments------ I think the last amendment was done by Jesus Christ opening up forgiveness of the sin.

Now forgiveness is only given, through the Law of Nature, and Law of Man, when the subject of the forgiveness, "Goes and sins no more" that is the key and point of forgiveness.

As long as the sinner refrains from committing the sin, then the sin is truly taken away from the person. This holds true as a fact of nature. "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better to go through life without a hand, then for the whole body, to burn in [hell]" (*Ghena was the original but I think you get the point.)

In the law of Moses, all sins and debts are forgiven after seven years, granted that the sinner or the debtor did not create anymore sins, or debts. This is called the day of atonement and redemption.

The common sentence of sin is seven years. Other sins like homosexuality, held the punishment of death or exile. Death is exile. To prevent such a harsh sentence Jesus Christ showed man another way that took Christianity over two millenium to understand and embrace.

The Jewish people are the priestly people of God's chosen ones, where as the Christians are the adopted chosen ones.

Neither people are raised above humanity, but rather serve humanity, and want humanity to join them. Jews and Christians have provided service to humanity in a number of great ways. However, both Jews and Christians have a dark side too. Christians and Jews are the freest people on the face of the planet. They are free to be angels and saints, or they can choose the path of evil and be devils and demons. There is a war between God and the Advisary. God represents everything that is good and just, it promotes freedom. The advisory enslaves the good, and hides the good. They enslave the good. They hate the good. They promote all sorts of slavery, whereas sin is slavery. To be a slave to Christ, destroys the chains of slavery and opens the door to freedom. Christ's servitude is Man's freedom.

Not only did Christ create everything in creation through the Word of the Almighty, but because of Christ we can debate this sensitive issue.

We as a people need to look toward God the Almighty, and seek His Wisdom to solve the problems this debate creates. He can do it. Do you believe?
Jul 17, 2019 22:09:09   #
Mr. Rogers wrote:
Although any sin can be made legal by our political process, sin destroys people and nations.


God's Law, the Law of Nature and the Natural Law, adheres to the solutions described in the Law of Moses(Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Numbers)

Man's Law is separate from God's Law.

Here's where the controversy occurs. God gave man, first through the Covenant of Israel, then by the Covenant of Jesus Christ, the power to establish justice through the law of Moses and Jesus Christ. This part of the facts are somewhat unknown so bear with me....

Through observation whenever Man's law follows God's law, the law is just. and When Man enforces the law in this manner, God's judgment does not have to be done for Man already did it. But when Man's law does not follow God's law, or if Man's law is not upheld, then God renders judgement. This goes for both unjust laws, God will render Judgement and may pose that judgment against Man that does not seek justice for violation of God's and Man's laws.

Whew!. That was tough to describe.

But by examining history which I am a student of, I notice that this is true. Many distractions may distract from what both man and God are doing... Remember God placed Man as Steward of the Earth. God delegated the powers of the earth to man. Therefore, man has the power through both God, Moses, and Christ to judge. If that judgement is aligned with the Law of Nature, then God is satisfied. If that judgement is not aligned with God, then God will render a judgement that is worse than any judgement Man could apply.

Please observe justice in history. Examine each empire and nation with a clear open mind. And you will see how it works. Also know that man is learning, and due to the fact that man is learning how to live, man has made big mistakes. In world history it seems that God drifts from nation to nation, when in fact it is the nation that becomes closer or further away from God.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 411 next>>
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.