One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Posts for: Rose42
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 305 next>>
Jul 17, 2019 08:40:23   #
nwtk2007 wrote:
And if they'd been French, doing the same things and Trump told them to go back to where they came from, would it have been racist as well??


The left uses the race card for political gain. Where there is none they just make it up. No more, no less.
 
Jul 17, 2019 08:38:43   #
Barracuda2020 wrote:
To anyone with a smidgen of common sense sees this completely about race. Who does this punk think he is to stand on a podium representing America, tell these four good citizens to go back where they came from, when three out of the four came from here.

Once again you support the right, even with this abomination of American ideology.

This is not Radical Left, what it IS, is Radical Right! I believe it is you who needs to wake up.


You are too far gone to see reason.

My post wasn’t in support of the right. It had nothing to do with the right.

I hope, probably in vain, for someone to step forward to run this country. In the meantime I see the sheep in each party arguing about manufactured offenses.
Jul 17, 2019 06:57:34   #
rumitoid wrote:
Four women of color, three US born and the other a citizen, Trump said to return to their own Country. Not racist? What kind of drugs are you on? Defend Trump at all costs? You guys will eventually regret this blatant blindness. You should be outraged, yet you are instead making excuses.


Not racist to anyone with a smidgen of common sense. It is you who is blinded on this rumi. I make zero excuses for his stupid tweet. But I also have no patience for the left stupidly claiming this is racist. I’m sick of the radical left claiming racism for anything and everything.

Wake up and see things clearly instead of being so blinded by your hate.
Jul 16, 2019 23:38:29   #
rumitoid wrote:
A spoiler, of sorts. This is my theme for this thread: It is an easier and softer and more rewarding way to be a Conservative, and that is praise, not sarcasm.

My friend, Dale, who founded the party right of that Mongol Lord, was my traveling company up thru Oklahoma, Colorado, and Texas. I had an unwavering diet of Fox News and other Conservative News and talk shows, plus his steady stream (almost non-stop) of praising Trump and all things Republican, and more passionate attack on all things Left. I did not fight it or even object to it: I wanted to surrender to it. And there was comfort there, real comfort, in that thought.

What I realized, at least for me, it is hard and uncomfortable to be a liberal (though I think of myself as independent) and not surrender to being Conservative. To give you an example. Oklahoma is so Red and deeply traditional they have this saying: “Here, you can be a Democrat or a Christian.” That sort of sums up the trip everywhere we went. And I consider myself a Christian.

Almost all wore their patriotism on their sleeve, so proud and loving of our country. It sort of embarrassed me; I felt something on an intruder. And all I met seemed to be good and decent people. We ate in one restaurant in Texas where they put a tiny American flag in your meal, and a sign on the wall that read, “Remember when you bless your food to bless our country.” I was very moved by that simple devotion.

There is an ad from long ago about skin bracer after shaving and the guy says, “Thanks! I needed that.” That is the summary of my trip. Maybe some on the Left here will say I was brainwashed, if they comment all. But that is not the case, in my eyes. I simply got to clearly see what is at the active heart and mind of a Conservative and clearly saw why I often get a lot of flak.

This little vacation helped me to know the flak was justified, in their eyes. My views were, in a way, obscene, after all I had witnessed of these good people. I will, I feel, be far more understanding of the feelings and views of Conservatives, yet, as much as it so appealing, I cannot join those ranks.

God bless America and we the people.
A spoiler, of sorts. This is my theme for this thr... (show quote)


Sounds like a good vacation. There are good people everywhere.
Jul 16, 2019 22:44:29   #
rumitoid wrote:
The GOP makes it a reliable call.


Goebbels would be proud of you.
Jul 16, 2019 22:37:35   #
nwtk2007 wrote:
I was. I sided with SCOTUS.


 
Jul 16, 2019 22:34:05   #
rumitoid wrote:
Usually when it is racism.


The tweets were stupid but racist they were not. Its rather irrational to think they were.
Jul 16, 2019 22:27:05   #
slatten49 wrote:
I won't be drawn into arguing about any equivalency or not...but, undoubtedly, the black students could have gone to other schools happy to have them. However, they would have had to be exclusively black. Also, businesses serving the public are not that different, if at all, than public schools. They are there to serve the public.


Private businesses are there to make money first. Public schools are not. One is beholden to government, the other not. Various business can deny service for different reasons. This is no different
Jul 16, 2019 22:05:42   #
woodguru wrote:
I'm every bit as much an american as you, and a whole lot smarter about politics too. You own the ignorance of the right, proved by supporting a moron. Show you a fact and it's fake news, and you still haven't read the Mueller report and I'll call you a liar if you say you have...because if you had you'd be appalled.

You likely supported the patriot act...nuff said.

I should have said explaining racism to idiots...Lol

You'll never get it, you think everyone ought to own a couple
I'm every bit as much an american as you, and a wh... (show quote)


Wow. You need to tone it down. Your hatred of Trump really skews your judgement.
Jul 16, 2019 17:59:49   #
slatten49 wrote:
"A bunch of hooey" Would you have made the same evaluation of 'The Little Rock Nine' being out to make a "spectacle" of their rights with regard to an equal education

The Little Rock Nine was a group of nine African American students enrolled in Little Rock Central High School in 1957. Their enrollment was followed by the Little Rock Crisis, in which the students were initially prevented from entering the racially segregated school by Orval Faubus, the Governor of Arkansas. This, even though 'Brown Vs. Board of Education, Topeka' had been adjudicated by The SCOTUS in 1954.

It seems that the wheels of justice turn slowly in cases pertaining to civil rights.
"A bunch of hooey img src="https://static.one... (show quote)


There is no equivalence between the two cases. And for the homosexuals it would have been quite simple to find another baker - one that was happy to do business with them. The bakers were singled out for harassment.
Jul 16, 2019 16:57:50   #
permafrost wrote:
I nearly always agree with Kevyn subject in his posts..

You people are simply PO because he points out so many obvious truths..


"You people"? Are you sincerely unable to discern? Has your hatred of Trump robbed you of reason like it has him? He repeats party talking points much like some on the right repeat party talking points. Its boring.
 
Jul 16, 2019 16:30:56   #
slatten49 wrote:
Keeping in mind he died in 1965, I especially appreciate Mr. Murrow's thoughts concerning radio & television.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/10605-Edward R. Murrow

American traditions and the American ethic require us to be truthful, but the most important reason is that truth is the best propaganda and lies are the worst. To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. It is as simple as that.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.

When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and that TV has merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well trained.

We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men ... We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another.

The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue.

We hardly need to be reminded that we are living in an age of confusion - a lot of us have traded in our beliefs for bitterness and cynicism or for a heavy package of despair, or even a quivering portion of hysteria. Opinions can be picked up cheap in the market place while such commodities as courage and fortitude and faith are in alarmingly short supply.

No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.

Your voice, amplified to the degree where it reaches from one end of the country to the other, does not confer upon you greater wisdom than when your voice reached only from one end of the bar to the other.

I simply cannot accept that there are on every story two equal and logical sides to an argument.

We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse, and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it, and those who work at it, may see a totally different picture too late.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.

Our major obligation is not to mistake slogans for solutions.

Our history will be what we make of it. If we go on as we are, then history will take its revenge and retribution will not limp in catching up with us. So, just once in a while let us exhault the importance of ideas and information.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men – not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular.

This instrument [radio] can teach. It can illuminate, yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it's nothing but wires and lights in a box.

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.

If none of us ever read a book that was "dangerous," had a friend who was "different," or joined an organization that advocated "change," we would all be the kind of people Joe McCarthy wants.

One of the basic troubles with radio and television news is that both instruments have grown up as an incompatible combination of show business, advertising and news. Each of the three is a rather bizarre and demanding profession. And when you get all three under one roof, the dust never settles.

There is a mental fear, which provokes others of us to see the images of witches in a neighbor's yard and stampedes us to burn down this house. And there is a creeping fear of doubt, doubt of what we have been taught, of the validity of so many things we had long since taken for granted to be durable and unchanging. It has become more difficult than ever to distinguish black from white, good from evil, right from wrong.

It is well to remember that freedom through the press is the thing that comes first. Most of us probably feel we couldn't be free without newspapers, and that is the real reason we want the newspapers to be free.

The only thing that counts is the right to know, to speak, to think - that, and the sanctity of the courts. Otherwise it's not America.

We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.
Keeping in mind he died in 1965, I especially appr... (show quote)


I was a bit to young to remember him. These are great quotes. I like the ones about media and television but I think my favorite is "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves".
Jul 16, 2019 16:27:27   #
This is nutty. And from what people think is a reputable organization.

Peewee's article (which wouldn't come up for me) -


According to the supposed "mental health experts," open marriages are the tolerant approach to intimacy. And they've launched a task force to prove it to the world.

According to the APA's official description of this initiative, "Finding love and/or sexual intimacy is a central part of most people's life experience. However, the ability to engage in desired intimacy without social and medical stigmatization is not a liberty for all." People who practice "consensual non-monogamy," as they call it, are unduly "marginalized," and it's time, the APA argues, to promote "awareness and inclusivity" for people who practice "polyamory, open relationships, swinging, relationship anarchy and other types of ethical, non-monogamous relationships."

Well, the APA may call these open relationships "ethical," but the American people sure don't. In Gallup's latest survey on moral acceptability, it's hard to find a behavior more universally frowned upon than adultery or polygamy. Only nine percent of the country agrees with the APA that fidelity is somehow narrow-minded or passé. The multiple-spouse relationship has mildly more support at 18 percent.

Still, the head of the task force writes, "I'm concerned about the lack of support this community is receiving." "Too many clients who are in consensual non-monogamous (CNM) relationships, have to educate their therapists. Too many of them discontinue therapy because their therapist judged them, didn't know enough about CNM to be helpful, or worse, makes actively stigmatizing comments..." It's time, he insists, "to examine our biases and take a non-judgmental posture toward clients engaged in consensual non-monogamy -- just as we would with LGBTQ clients."

FRC's Cathy Ruse, who -- like most -- thinks the APA has long been off the rails for some time, can't believe the organization is fighting to give swingers "protected legal status." And they're supposed to be the psychologically healthy ones! Keep in mind, she points out, "the American Psychological Association is a professional guild. When it makes a controversial decision, like this one, that decision is not made by a vote of its 100,000+ members (which include "educators" and "students," according to Wikipedia). No, it is made by small numbers of powerful activists, who have sought out places of influence, like task forces."

And how will the APA fight for the liberty of sexual anarchists against "social and medical stigmatization," she asks? With a measly budget of just over $100 million. Just as it's tried to tear down the social norms for transgenderism and other sexual proclivities, they'll start in the usual place -- soft targets, like children. "How long will it take American public schools to incorporate swinging into their sex ed?" she wonders. As long as it took them to stigmatize abstinence and promote sexual anarchy in its place? If so, we won't have to wait long.
Jul 16, 2019 16:25:11   #
Reality wrote:
Oh God the children 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That line has been used to keep people from doing what they want forever and it’s a total failure. You surely must have a better reason to keep people from doing what they want.


I did not find the original article until now which I will address so I understand your comment. For whatever reason the below article popped up which is pretty disgusting. Its nothing to laugh off.

Polyamory is for Pre-Teens in Public Schools (polyamory is being in love with more than one person at a time)

California instructs teachers to talk to youngsters about sex “partners.” They are to avoid terms like “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” because “some students may be non-monogamous.” This is in the lesson plan for 12-year olds.

The education department tells teachers that 14-year-olds “may have various gender identities and sexual orientations.” Indeed, “there are an infinite number of ways an individual can express their individuality and sense of self.”

Special emphasis is to be given to non-heterosexual ways, however. “Teachers should affirmatively acknowledge the existence of relationships that are not heterosexual by actively using examples of same-sex couples in class discussions.”

California schools aren’t the only ones intentionally sexualizing kids. Northern Virginia schools are also used as “laboratories” for LGBT policy experimentation. The Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network admitted that to the Washington Post last year.

After reading my column, a mom in Fairfax wrote to me about the “thruples” and “quadruples” (rhymes with couples) her kids encountered at a Fairfax County high school. These are polyamorous groups of 3 or 4. “These groups are allowed to openly ‘be together’ (hold hands, kiss, wrap arms, etc.), just as standard couples are in the halls,” she said.

She also told me there are “furries.” Rhymes with insane. Poor souls who believe they are animals and self-identify as such. “This year, we have some cats and a fox.”

There is a very good chance that most moms and dads are not even remotely aware of the insanity going on in government schools today. None of it is by accident. All of it is by design. All of it funded by you and me.

Children are being used as lab rats in a social experiment. Without the consent of their parents. But with the encouragement and approval of the American Psychological Association.

https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PV19G05

California health education framework -

https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/he/cf/
Jul 16, 2019 16:00:04   #
Reality wrote:
To each his own. If they aren’t harming anyone, why do you care?


Because this affects young children.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 305 next>>
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.