One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Home | Political Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
How will tax cuts for the wealthy benefit all Americans ?
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 next>>
Nov 26, 2016 07:18:23   #
Sassy Lass
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I want to know. It has never worked before. Post here


Ever been hired by a poor man? Didn't think so.
 
Nov 26, 2016 07:47:17   #
Coos Bay Tom (a regular here)
 
Sassy Lass wrote:
Ever been hired by a poor man? Didn't think so.
I am a contractor. I work mostly for working class homeowners. I work for business owners too. I have also worked for poor people who needed my services.
Nov 26, 2016 07:59:08   #
Dummy Boy
 
Super Dave wrote:
Rich people take their money to places that encourage it, not places that punish them for bringing money.
Small businesses are targeted by liberals because the owners are rich compared to welfare recipients. They are punished for hiring people with ridiculous regulations and taxes.
We get good from China because the government hates American farmers and runs then out of business with taxation and purposely counterproductive regulations ranging from regulating cow farts to actions such as cutting their water off to save snails.
Government inspectors are inefficient in part because they are hired based on color, sexual proclivity instead of ability, and can't be fired for poor performance because they're unionized.
Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and threats of criminal prosecution from the government forced banks to loan money to people that could not pay the mortgage, and that sent the real estate market down the tubes. The country itself was never in danger of being destroyed by it, Drama Queen.
Rich people take their money to places that encour... (show quote)


Before ACA, what were the ridiculous regulations that were required? A safe workplace? The tools to do you job? Please enlighten us.
Nov 26, 2016 09:00:43   #
reconreb
 
Dummy Boy wrote:
Before ACA, what were the ridiculous regulations that were required? A safe workplace? The tools to do you job? Please enlighten us.


Your question makes no sense ,,, before ACA ????? are you saying there were no regs before ACA ????
Nov 26, 2016 09:02:21   #
roy
 
Dummy Boy wrote:
Before ACA, what were the ridiculous regulations that were required? A safe workplace? The tools to do you job? Please enlighten us.


Take away the aca,you still got the same regulations
Nov 26, 2016 09:03:03   #
Super Dave (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I voted for Reagan twice. Carter raised the interest rates to bring in money to the central bank. I was in the Carpenters Union and work became scarce in Klamath Falls where I lived. I never listened much to Hillary--She doesn't "inspire" me. Trump gets a person excited--says what you want to hear. I guess that's how he won. What I am concerned about is our future. The government collects revenue and that is how we get things done. Less government fund ability-- less gets done.


You assume false narratives:

1. Higher tax rates always equal more revenue. We're past the point of diminishing returns to negative returns. Taxing people for working and paying them not to work is intently destructive to both the economy and the citizenry. Companies aren't just moving offshore, they're being pushed. Huge numbers of people are professional breeders/welfare recipients that have no job skills and can't reach job skills to their children. The black community has been largely destroyed, on purpose.

2. More government is always good. Does the USSR ring a bell? Venezuela? Iran? Cuba? Any other Socialist Utopia? Europe has a 2000 year head start on America and we are economically greater than all of them combined, because of the limits on government. Government is best at few things, and efficient at nothing.

3. Government gets things done best. See above. Rarely is that so. And when they do it's way more expensive than necessary. The clean energy funding is a prime example. We spent around 1/2 $Trillion and got virtually nothing other than richer Democrats and more debt. Any time there's a big pot of money controlled by people that need votes, corruption follows.

But yes, excitement gets votes. Obama beat McCain into the pavement with it.
 
Nov 26, 2016 09:11:40   #
roy
 
EconomistDon wrote:
Who, other than Hillary, said anything about tax cuts for the wealthy? Trump is talking about tax cuts for business, not individual income taxes. There is a pretty big difference there. Corporate taxes are 35 percent on corporate income above $335,000. That is tied for the sixth highest rate in the world out of 86 nations.

You say lowering corporate taxes never worked before, but it did. Apparently you were not around during the Reagan years. Reagan's "Tax Act of 1984" lowered corporate rates and Reagan's administration rolled back stifling regulations. It was called supply-side economics, and it turned around the worst economic crash since the Great Depression. Inflation and unemployment rates were both in double digits when Reagan took office. It was given a new term - stagflation - because inflation kept going up as unemployment went up. They usually run in opposite directions. Supply-side economics turned the economic freight train around, launching the longest, strongest economic expansion in the nation's history.

Coos, you need to clear your head of the garbage that Hillary spouted during the campaign and "listen" to what Trump is saying.
Who, other than Hillary, said anything about tax c... (show quote)


Name one company that has paid a 35% tax rate,with all the tax breaks they get the write offs,and why do american companys move jobs over seas and to mexico,and foreign countries build plants here and provide jobs,is that because of the 35% tax rate.
Nov 26, 2016 09:32:16   #
BBZ
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Rich people have been hoarding all those extra profits, and storing it offshore.
Small business people are creating jobs.
Deregulation gets us poison food from china.
Fewer inspectors also helps to kill us.
Regulations were put in place for a reason.
We let the banks get away from regulations and it almost destroyed the country.


That is the truth the American people keep ignoring - thank you for your succinct post.
Nov 26, 2016 09:32:50   #
Glaucon
 
Super Dave wrote:
Simple as I can make it:

1. Jobs improve the economy. Unemployment hurts the economy.

2. Poor people don't create jobs. People with money to invest in capitol do.

3. Therefore, turning rich people into poor people decreases jobs, increases welfare, and destroys the economy.

Clear enough?


It seems Super Dave bought the entire Plutocratic package and is providing an extremely simplistic version of the talking points. Most people know that the more money you have the easier it is to get more money, At the rate America's money is surging to the very top billionaires, we soon won't have any crumbs left for the workers.

The only thing that is in conflict with Dave's plutocracy is that some believe trump will protect them and he is the fox protecting our hen house.
Nov 26, 2016 09:39:56   #
Super Dave (a regular here)
 
roy wrote:
Name one company that has paid a 35% tax rate,with all the tax breaks they get the write offs,and why do american companys move jobs over seas and to mexico,and foreign countries build plants here and provide jobs,is that because of the 35% tax rate.


You touch another problem. They actual tax rate comes with loopholes that typically involve doing financially stupid things to reduce their tax burden. That's why less regulation is needed along with less taxation.

But companies don't pay it out of their pocket anyway.

Imagine a $5.00 tax on every pizza. Do you think Pappa John takes the loss?

No.

He contributes to Wisconsin Senators to reduce his taxes on extra cheese pizzas.

He contributes to big state Senators to reduce taxes to pizzas delivered to ghetto neighbourhoods.

He contributes to Arkansas Senators to get tax deductions on his pork sausage and raise the tax on Domino's Oklahoma sausage.

He contributes to congress to allow his pizzas to be included as a WIC food because of the dairy in the cheese.

He offers free pizzas in pink boxes to women once a year and congress starts hearings on whether Little Ceasars pizza causes breast cancer.

And then he passes the rest of the cost onto consumers, many of whom are poor and on fixed incomes.

Most business taxes are actually paid by poor and middle class people. Everyone knows this.
Nov 26, 2016 09:57:42   #
roy
 
Super Dave wrote:
You touch another problem. They actual tax rate comes with loopholes that typically involve doing financially stupid things to reduce their tax burden. That's why less regulation is needed along with less taxation.

But companies don't pay it out of their pocket anyway.

Imagine a $5.00 tax on every pizza. Do you think Pappa John takes the loss?

No.

He contributes to Wisconsin Senators to reduce his taxes on extra cheese pizzas.

He contributes to big state Senators to reduce taxes to pizzas delivered to ghetto neighbourhoods.

He contributes to Arkansas Senators to get tax deductions on his pork sausage and raise the tax on Domino's Oklahoma sausage.

He contributes to congress to allow his pizzas to be included as a WIC food because of the dairy in the cheese.

He offers free pizzas in pink boxes to women once a year and congress starts hearings on whether Little Ceasars pizza causes breast cancer.

And then he passes the rest of the cost onto consumers, many of whom are poor and on fixed incomes.

Most business taxes are actually paid by poor and middle class people. Everyone knows this.
You touch another problem. They actual tax rate co... (show quote)
 
Nov 26, 2016 10:15:13   #
lpnmajor (a regular here)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I want to know. It has never worked before. Post here


It isn't about taxes and never has been. Corporations pay some tax now, so do wealthy people - but - their profits have soared, breaking all "pre-crash" records. That means that the Gov. is receiving more tax income from them now, than before the 2008 crash - but we're still broke.

Taxes are a false flag event, hiding the real cause of our financial woes - all of which come out of the Congress. Presidents do not spend a dime, without Congressional approval. Presidents do not make National budgets, the Congress does, then ignore them.

Welfare or entitlements, are NOT the cause of our financial woes either, this is another red herring, proven by the fact that "welfare" accounts for only 14% of the annual budget. BTW, Social security is NOT an entitlement, despite the rhetoric to that effect from the Congress, it is a Government insured annuity - another red herring. Medicare likewise is not an entitlement, as it a Government insured insurance policy - another red herring.

The top 3 budget items, consuming 70% of the money, are Defense, Federal Retirement and Healthcare. I encourage people to look at the budget themselves and draw their own conclusions. The budget may be viewed on several websites.

To answer your original question, tax cuts for the wealthy do not do anything for Americans, they don't really need any more money to begin with - but politicians, both democratic and republican - would like more of their money and tax cuts are a good way to ensure a quid pro quo.
Nov 26, 2016 10:28:28   #
cesspool jones (suspended)
 
PeterS wrote:
Regulations reguarding the environment are what conservatives are trying to eliminate and below is a photo of the air quality in a city in China. Now tell me, when trying to breath that air who's experiencing the burden--business or human beings...

http://www.coresponsibility.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/air-pollution_cropped.jpg


You are only 40 watt. Environmental regulations are not what's in question. It is the communist taxation that’s in question. nice try though
Nov 26, 2016 10:31:20   #
cesspool jones (suspended)
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
I am a contractor. I work mostly for working class homeowners. I work for business owners too. I have also worked for poor people who needed my services.


Imagine lots of people with money who want to hire you. Remember the help wanted ads in the 80's? Do I need to go on?
Nov 26, 2016 10:46:15   #
Glaucon
 
cesspool jones wrote:
Imagine lots of people with money who want to hire you. Remember the help wanted ads in the 80's? Do I need to go on?


Wouldn't It be great if we had a bunch of hungry people with families and you needed you lawn mowed, your swimming pool cleaned, or your shoes shined. You could get a lot of competition to do the work and you could negotiate for a very good wage. Is that the America we want? That is the America Trump has in store for us.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2018 IDF International Technologies, Inc.