One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Sex Obsession
Page 1 of 5 next> last>>
May 22, 2016 12:54:10   #
Fluffy
 
I read this article and it occurred to me that all hyper religious people are obsessed with sex. The article really doesn't go far enough in discussing what I think is an interesting observation. Think quiver full. Think Josh Duggar. That's all they freaking talk about, their sex lives. Boring. Opinions?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/22/why-islamists-are-sex-obsessed.html?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning

May 22, 2016 13:31:14   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Fluffy wrote:
I read this article and it occurred to me that all hyper religious people are obsessed with sex. The article really doesn't go far enough in discussing what I think is an interesting observation. Think quiver full. Think Josh Duggar. That's all they freaking talk about, their sex lives. Boring. Opinions?


Opinion about your opinion, or opinion about the article you failed to post?

May 22, 2016 13:36:09   #
Fluffy
 
archie bunker wrote:
Opinion about your opinion, or opinion about the article you failed to post?


Whoops. Thanks for looking out for me.

 
 
May 22, 2016 19:05:13   #
jelun
 
Fluffy wrote:
I read this article and it occurred to me that all hyper religious people are obsessed with sex. The article really doesn't go far enough in discussing what I think is an interesting observation. Think quiver full. Think Josh Duggar. That's all they freaking talk about, their sex lives. Boring. Opinions?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/22/why-islamists-are-sex-obsessed.html?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning


I wonder if that is the difference between Islam and Christianity the east thinks about their own temptations and the west worries about everyone else having fun with sex.
The common ground is, of course, that women are responsible for it all.

May 22, 2016 20:57:17   #
Fluffy
 
jelun wrote:
I wonder if that is the difference between Islam and Christianity the east thinks about their own temptations and the west worries about everyone else having fun with sex.
The common ground is, of course, that women are responsible for it all.


The common ground is that it's dirty and must be controlled, but only the women, or the person playing the woman, must be controlled. And the women are the ones who get punished. I think possibly shame about sex and the resulting exertion of control over women underlies Judaic religions.

May 22, 2016 22:25:32   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
[quote=Fluffy]The common ground is that it's dirty and must be controlled, but only the women, or the person playing the woman, must be controlled. And the women are the ones who get punished. I think possibly shame about sex and the resulting exertion of control over women underlies Judaic religions.[/qruote]

I think you are wrong. My wife is very religious, and she makes me put out all the time!

May 22, 2016 22:39:02   #
Fluffy
 
[quote=archie bunker]
Fluffy wrote:
The common ground is that it's dirty and must be controlled, but only the women, or the person playing the woman, must be controlled. And the women are the ones who get punished. I think possibly shame about sex and the resulting exertion of control over women underlies Judaic religions.[/qruote]

I think you are wrong. My wife is very religious, and she makes me put out all the time!
The common ground is that it's dirty and must be c... (show quote)


Lucky you. Bill horn dog. Lol

 
 
May 22, 2016 22:39:16   #
Morrigan Loc: Hibernia
 
Fluffy wrote:
The common ground is that it's dirty and must be controlled, but only the women, or the person playing the woman, must be controlled. And the women are the ones who get punished. I think possibly shame about sex and the resulting exertion of control over women underlies Judaic religions.


I agree, Fluffy. Some of the fundies think that sex is a dirty disgraceful thing. I am sure that was engraved in their brains at birth by "The I Only Have Sex to Procreate Brigade."

May 22, 2016 22:56:09   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Fluffy wrote:
Lucky you. Bill horn dog. Lol


I'm not Bill. That being said, I mostly don't mind though. It's worth my Time!

May 23, 2016 00:34:14   #
Solange
 
Fluffy wrote:
I read this article and it occurred to me that all hyper religious people are obsessed with sex. The article really doesn't go far enough in discussing what I think is an interesting observation. Think quiver full. Think Josh Duggar. That's all they freaking talk about, their sex lives. Boring. Opinions?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/22/why-islamists-are-sex-obsessed.html?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning


Just my opinion... sex is useful in controlling large groups of people. Some time in the distance past, a shaman, priest, or tribal religious person figured this out, and wouldn't it be handy in the future? Shame and linking procreation to agriculture and animal husbandry made it possible for the shaman to say, "See there, this kind of sex act results in a bountiful harvest. Didn't I predict this?"

And then, there is the punishment factor. Death to everyone who might try to enjoy sex without the proper paperwork.

May 23, 2016 07:00:40   #
mwdegutis Loc: Illinois
 
Morrigan wrote:
I agree, Fluffy. Some of the fundies think that sex is a dirty disgraceful thing. I am sure that was engraved in their brains at birth by "The I Only Have Sex to Procreate Brigade."

Having sexual relations is biblical…

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:1-5

 
 
May 23, 2016 07:09:08   #
jelun
 
mwdegutis wrote:
Having sexual relations is biblical…

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:1-5
Having sexual relations is biblical… br br Now co... (show quote)



That opening phrase has to be one of the wackiest things I have read in a long time.
The support for that phrase is a close follow up.

May 23, 2016 08:36:06   #
mwdegutis Loc: Illinois
 
jelun wrote:
That opening phrase has to be one of the wackiest things I have read in a long time.
The support for that phrase is a close follow up.

That's because you'll never understand the bible unless you become indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

May 23, 2016 10:36:41   #
jelun
 
mwdegutis wrote:
That's because you'll never understand the bible unless you become indwelt by the Holy Spirit.


You may not have noticed but people who don't accept the Bible indulge in sexual relations. Most do it with joy.

May 23, 2016 14:01:31   #
mwdegutis Loc: Illinois
 
jelun wrote:
You may not have noticed but people who don't accept the Bible indulge in sexual relations. Most do it with joy.

So do people who accept the bible, the way God intended.

Page 1 of 5 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.