One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Funny restaurant sign
Jul 25, 2013 03:48:14   #
| Reply
Jul 25, 2013 09:01:03   #
Babsan
 
OPP Newsletter wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Z4MNrov.jpg


Great sign,some do have imagination

| Reply
Jul 25, 2013 10:42:08   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
I absolutely adore non PC people! LOVE this sign! Bet it gives heartburn to all vegans! :roll:

| Reply
Jul 26, 2013 22:50:08   #
oldroy Loc: Western Kansas (No longer in hiding)
 
Tasine wrote:
I absolutely adore non PC people! LOVE this sign! Bet it gives heartburn to all vegans! :roll:


As one lifetime gerd sufferer I can safely tell you that I never had heartburn from any kind of vegetable other than when they were heavily seasoned. It was always meat that I got my burn from and now I am just a tad away from cancer of the esophagus because of all the years of gerd and doing nothing for it but eating Rolaids constantly.

| Reply
Aug 1, 2013 14:46:07   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
oldroy wrote:
As one lifetime gerd sufferer I can safely tell you that I never had heartburn from any kind of vegetable other than when they were heavily seasoned. It was always meat that I got my burn from and now I am just a tad away from cancer of the esophagus because of all the years of gerd and doing nothing for it but eating Rolaids constantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I, too, am a gerd sufferer. I took Nexium for some years and it was great (expensive, but great). Now I make it pretty good with OTC meds.

| Reply
Aug 1, 2013 17:09:45   #
oldroy Loc: Western Kansas (No longer in hiding)
 
Tasine wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I, too, am a gerd sufferer. I took Nexium for some years and it was great (expensive, but great). Now I make it pretty good with OTC meds.


I have been on omeprezole for about 10 years. That is what the internalist who found the Barrette's esophagus in me about a month after my brother was found to have cancer of the esophagus. He was gone in about 6 months and I am still around. I take two omeprazoles (20 mg each) every morning and it works very well. A doctor tried to get me to take Prilosec a few years before the other one put me on omeprazole.

I will tell anyone who ever has heart burn more than now and then they need to take even OTC medicines. My brother said he had heartburn about two or three times each week and he got the big C and I had it every time food slid down my esophagus. I think that someone wants me alive for some reason.

| Reply
Aug 2, 2013 08:58:19   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
oldroy wrote:
I will tell anyone who ever has heart burn more than now and then they need to take even OTC medicines. My brother said he had heartburn about two or three times each week and he got the big C and I had it every time food slid down my esophagus. I think that someone wants me alive for some reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe God helps those who help themselves, but when it comes to living or dying, it is HE who makes the decision as to when. When we've done what we are here to do, we'll be taken, but not until. I don't call myself "Christian", but that's what I believe intensely.

| Reply
Aug 2, 2013 09:14:19   #
oldroy Loc: Western Kansas (No longer in hiding)
 
Tasine wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe God helps those who help themselves, but when it comes to living or dying, it is HE who makes the decision as to when. When we've done what we are here to do, we'll be taken, but not until. I don't call myself "Christian", but that's what I believe intensely.


But why my brother? In his large church in Akron, Oh he was known as the best informed person in the church about the Bible and the pastor admitted that he often asked Don for information about parts of the Bible. Why someone like him and not me?

| Reply
Aug 2, 2013 09:19:48   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
oldroy wrote:
But why my brother? In his large church in Akron, Oh he was known as the best informed person in the church about the Bible and the pastor admitted that he often asked Don for information about parts of the Bible. Why someone like him and not me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a feeling your brother was probably the best example God had for his church, his family, his faith. And He has a goal for you and I to attain as well. It's just that your brother attained his goal quickly, yet people like you and I take longer to attain our goals - we don't even know what they are, only God knows what they are.

| Reply
Aug 5, 2013 22:35:14   #
justkillingtime
 
Actually when a baby cow drinks mother’s milk it is no longer vegan.

| Reply
Aug 6, 2013 19:59:28   #
alex Loc: michigan now imperial beach californa
 
Tasine wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I, too, am a gerd sufferer. I took Nexium for some years and it was great (expensive, but great). Now I make it pretty good with OTC meds.


try a 1/2 oz. of cider vinegar in about 5oz water

| Reply
Aug 17, 2013 17:24:51   #
slatten49 Loc: Lake Whitney, Texas
 
oldroy wrote:
As one lifetime gerd sufferer I can safely tell you that I never had heartburn from any kind of vegetable other than when they were heavily seasoned. It was always meat that I got my burn from and now I am just a tad away from cancer of the esophagus because of all the years of gerd and doing nothing for it but eating Rolaids constantly.


Oldroy, sorry to hear of your esophagus problems. I wish you well... truly.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.