One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Food stamps helped me serve my country. Don't cut them now.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jul 21, 2013 17:05:16   #
| Reply
Jul 21, 2013 17:49:32   #
AuntiE
 
OPP Newsletter wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/21/food-stamps-helped-me-serve


The severe number of misperceptions about this issue are beyond astounding. You would think these people will loose their food stamps next week. Minimally, SNAP is fully funded through September 2013. This is NOT a program that will be allowed to lapse. It is just so much kletsheok brought to you by Charlie Rangel (D-NY) and his fellow travelers.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 00:53:04   #
Smiley881
 
I agree Food stamps shouldn't be cut.
So many people need this resource.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 08:09:34   #
Loki
 
Smiley881 wrote:
I agree Food stamps shouldn't be cut.
So many people need this resource.


You are partly correct. There are people who need this resource. There are also people who don't. There are people who truly need these stamps, and their well-being is being threatened. Why?
The Food Stamp program is riddled with corruption. There are so many cheats it is appalling. Between 75 and 80 percent of the illegals in this country are receiving SNAP and other benefits they are ineligible for, by gaming and playing the system.
Smiley, there is only so much funding. If unqualified people get benefits, they are, in effect, stealing them from the people they were intended for. I do not receive food stamps, but I know people that do, that are entitled to them, and would have a hard time without them. By far the biggest abusers of the system are wetbacks. This is not bigotry. Truth is not biased, save in the eyes of the beholder. I do dislike wetbacks, because their shameless (and illegal) drain on the entitlement system takes badly needed help away from those it was intended for. I also believe that receipt of government benefits should be contingent on being able to pass a drug and alchohol screen.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 12:28:12   #
Smiley881
 
There was a time,before I understood what was going on
with Undocumented that I said unkind things.Then one day
on tv.I saw Undocumented attempting to cross the border
with their young beautiful children.ICE was there to stop
them.It touched my heart to see ICE proving food to the
undocumented and their families.The U.S.Federal is to blame
for Undocumented Immigration.I know this situation has been
going on for years,but Free Trade Agreements made it worse.
Those Free Trade Agreements drove the price of the crops down in Mexico and forced Farmers and their families to the U.S.to make a living.Those people have kids to feed just as U.S.citizens and they weren't going to starve.U.S.Citizens here Undocumented doesn't make it right.They come also for the low wage jobs.Its a deal to them.Obama admitted if someone offered him a job and he was undocumented he would
take it to,but that doesn't make it right.So when those people come and have children born here they are entitled Citizens of the U.S.That doesn't mean that Obama shouldn't lower his Immigration levels.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 12:35:50   #
Loki
 
Smiley881 wrote:
There was a time,before I understood what was going on
with Undocumented that I said unkind things.Then one day
on tv.I saw Undocumented attempting to cross the border
with their young beautiful children.ICE was there to stop
them.It touched my heart to see ICE proving food to the
undocumented and their families.The U.S.Federal is to blame
for Undocumented Immigration.I know this situation has been
going on for years,but Free Trade Agreements made it worse.
Those Free Trade Agreements drove the price of the crops down in Mexico and forced Farmers and their families to the U.S.to make a living.Those people have kids to feed just as U.S.citizens and they weren't going to starve.U.S.Citizens here Undocumented doesn't make it right.They come also for the low wage jobs.Its a deal to them.Obama admitted if someone offered him a job and he was undocumented he would
take it to,but that doesn't make it right.So when those people come and have children born here they are entitled Citizens of the U.S.That doesn't mean that Obama shouldn't lower his Immigration levels.
There was a time,before I understood what was goin... (show quote)

You don't seem to understand that many of the Latinas deliberately come here pregnant to have anchor babies in this country. They plan it this way. I believe you said you're from CA. In Los Angeles County, 30 percent of the population are illegals. Ninety percent of those receive benefits illegally. These are benefits that are meant for American Citizens, and those who are here legally. The well isn't bottomless, and it infuriates me to see Americans of any skin color or ethnicity get shortchanged for wetbacks.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 12:40:11   #
Navysnipe
 
Its either IBM or Xerox that makes the food stamp card. They make a lot of money off of those. Also Chase, gets 5% on every purchase. Do you think anyone will take away their bread money?

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 13:35:38   #
alex
 
Smiley881 wrote:
There was a time,before I understood what was going on
with Undocumented that I said unkind things.Then one day
on tv.I saw Undocumented attempting to cross the border
with their young beautiful children.ICE was there to stop
them.It touched my heart to see ICE proving food to the
undocumented and their families.The U.S.Federal is to blame
for Undocumented Immigration.I know this situation has been
going on for years,but Free Trade Agreements made it worse.
Those Free Trade Agreements drove the price of the crops down in Mexico and forced Farmers and their families to the U.S.to make a living.Those people have kids to feed just as U.S.citizens and they weren't going to starve.U.S.Citizens here Undocumented doesn't make it right.They come also for the low wage jobs.Its a deal to them.Obama admitted if someone offered him a job and he was undocumented he would
take it to,but that doesn't make it right.So when those people come and have children born here they are entitled Citizens of the U.S.That doesn't mean that Obama shouldn't lower his Immigration levels.
There was a time,before I understood what was goin... (show quote)


oh cry me a river stupid

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 13:52:14   #
Smiley881
 
I understand very well the many Undocumented Women come
to the U.S.pregnant.I heard that those Women will not be treated
at the Hospital in Mexico if they don't have Insurance.That is one
of the reasons why Governor Pete Wilson sued the U.S.Federal
Government about having those undocumented cross the boarder
in droves.It was breaking the state of CA.Immigration is a Federal
issue.I think the undocumented feel they are entiltled to the resources in the U.S. because of the Free Trade Agreements.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 14:41:55   #
Dave
 
OPP Newsletter wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/21/food-stamps-helped-me-serve


Two things that need said:

1 - those who are really needy will and should continue to get help - but if you really think everyone recieving food stamps is really needy you'be bought the con.

2 - the single biggest lobbier for growth in food stamps was a major corporation - Pepsi Cola

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 15:11:12   #
Dave
 
Smiley881 wrote:
I understand very well the many Undocumented Women come
to the U.S.pregnant.I heard that those Women will not be treated
at the Hospital in Mexico if they don't have Insurance.That is one
of the reasons why Governor Pete Wilson sued the U.S.Federal
Government about having those undocumented cross the boarder
in droves.It was breaking the state of CA.Immigration is a Federal
issue.I think the undocumented feel they are entiltled to the resources in the U.S. because of the Free Trade Agreements.
I understand very well the many Undocumented Women... (show quote)


NAFTA has nothing to do with immigrants thinking they are entitled - it is the federal government that has told them, and has reinforced them being entitled.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 16:33:49   #
oldroy
 
Smiley881 wrote:
I understand very well the many Undocumented Women come
to the U.S.pregnant.I heard that those Women will not be treated
at the Hospital in Mexico if they don't have Insurance.That is one
of the reasons why Governor Pete Wilson sued the U.S.Federal
Government about having those undocumented cross the boarder
in droves.It was breaking the state of CA.Immigration is a Federal
issue.I think the undocumented feel they are entiltled to the resources in the U.S. because of the Free Trade Agreements.
I understand very well the many Undocumented Women... (show quote)


I much prefer wetback or illegal alien because both are completely true. Now the progs of this country want those people to become acceptable so they push that undocumented crap. Without documents they have entered illegally and that makes them illegals in my estimation. Since they are not citizens they become illegal aliens, IMO.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 16:42:25   #
oldroy
 
AuntiE wrote:
The severe number of misperceptions about this issue are beyond astounding. You would think these people will loose their food stamps next week. Minimally, SNAP is fully funded through September 2013. This is NOT a program that will be allowed to lapse. It is just so much kletsheok brought to you by Charlie Rangel (D-NY) and his fellow travelers.


The sorriest misperception, brayed by the Demoncraps, is that this program was wiped out since the GOP in the House didn't include it in their bill. It should never have been in the Farm Bill, in the first place and become about 80% of the cost of the farm bill. I don't think many people who don't live in farmer territory know that, but it is very true.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 17:34:01   #
oldroy
 
OPP Newsletter wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/21/food-stamps-helped-me-serve


I finally read the link and found that politics is being played by whoever that woman, the former soldier who had to eat from food stamps as a child, happens to be. She mentioned that the program was cut from the Farm Program but doesn't really believe that the Republicans in the House plan to develop the program outside the farm program. I failed to see word one about SNAP being the reason for 80% of the Farm Program. That means that left leaners want to keep on making noise about the amount of money doing to farmers in that program. They don't want to deal with what that much of the law is concerned with.

Only left leaners would be taking things like this one as truth since they are willing to play politics with food.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 19:09:24   #
Smiley881
 
The U.S has deals with Mexico through the Free Trade
Agreements.I have even heard that the U.S is 13 billion dollars
in dept to Mexico.Obama did say he couldn't have 50 states
making up their own Immigration laws.He stated the reason
he couldn't was because the Undocumented might retaliate
because of what they feel the U.S.owes them.See the U.S.
got these free Trade Agreements started in the first place.
The U.S.government told other countries sign this and your
Country will prosper.Citizens are saying to the Undocumented
dont look at us we are in the same shape.The U.S.doesn't have
enough resources.Another Country cant take care of a whole
other Country.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.