One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
The Right to Bear Arms
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jul 18, 2013 17:39:18   #
CrazyHorse
 
Received this e-mail this date. Don't know if it exhibits true facts or not. So, for whatever it's worth:

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. And New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.
Needed for our Defense against OIllegal's Tyranny
Needed for our Defense against OIllegal's Tyranny...

| Reply
Jul 18, 2013 20:13:58   #
yhwh99
 
Interesting Crazyhorse. I think that the right to bear arms also comes with the responsibility of being knowledgable about gun safety. I have several friends who own guns but unlike the general public they train at the range and use their "guns" strictly for defense. We must also understand that many communities do not have adequate police protection. They are the first line of defense against criminals. Therefore we must balance the right to bear arms with the risk of total anarchy and mob control.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2013 20:45:11   #
TheCracker
 
CrazyHorse wrote:
Received this e-mail this date. Don't know if it exhibits true facts or not. So, for whatever it's worth:

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. And New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.


Oh, That was good. I did not know that. Thanks

| Reply
Jul 18, 2013 20:45:26   #
CrazyHorse
 
yhwh99 wrote:
Interesting Crazyhorse. I think that the right to bear arms also comes with the responsibility of being knowledgable sic about gun safety. I have several friends who own guns but unlike the general public they train at the range and use their "guns" strictly for defense. We must also understand that many communities do not have adequate police protection. They are the first line of defense against criminals. Therefore we must balance the right to bear arms with the risk of total anarchy and mob control.
Interesting Crazyhorse. I think that the right to ... (show quote)


Quid Pro Quo, yhwh99: Sorry pard, it's not a balancing act. If you want to take away our guns or constrain them in some fashion, you have to Amend the Constitution. Don't come knocking on doors for guns in Kansas unless you're in a tank.

| Reply
Jul 18, 2013 21:11:44   #
ABBAsFernando
 
CrazyHorse wrote:
Received this e-mail this date. Don't know if it exhibits true facts or not. So, for whatever it's worth:

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. And New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.





| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 10:42:23   #
The Quadfather
 
What good is the right to bear arms if you don't have the right to use them? They want to take our "Stand Your Ground" laws from us. Resist! Sign this petition:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stay-out-trayvon-martin-affair-leave-zimmerman-alone/Xq1vG5bK

| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 11:04:04   #
CrazyHorse
 
The Quadfather wrote:
What good is the right to bear arms if you don't have the right to use them? They want to take our "Stand Your Ground" laws from us. Resist! Sign this petition:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stay-out-trayvon-martin-affair-leave-zimmerman-alone/Xq1vG5bK


Quid Pro Quo, The Quadfather:





| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 14:00:12   #
TheCracker
 
.



| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 17:34:24   #
Michael Nestorick
 
I know there was something about General Patton that I really liked, his way of expressing the TRUTH.

| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 19:52:52   #
yhwh99
 
Crazyhorse! The Constitution does not have to be amended. Besides that would led the US Governement the luxury of implementing "martial law"! The 2nd Amendment is an anti-governemental clause written by our forefathers.It is a checks and balances clause; It causes the government to pause before they even think about "trying to confiscate guns." This is what happened in Bosnia; the former Yugoslovian government convinced the civilian authorities that since the hostilities were over that they didn't need their weapons. You know what happened next? Mass murders, atrocities, and ethnic cleansing. If we allow states to designate gun-jurisdiction zones where there are limited or no LEO (Law Enforcement Officers) then I would agree with a open-display gun law. In gun-restricted zones only those individuals who are licensed and trained should carry a concealed gun. The problem in Philadelphia are straw-purchases and the easy access of obtaining guns for drug dealers. Remember, we have three states to deal with NJ, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. I won't even think about telling the Good Ole Boys up North to stop hunting. It's a way of life for many Americans.

| Reply
Jul 20, 2013 23:44:29   #
AuntiE
 
TheCracker wrote:
.


I had bare arms today due to clothing! :roll: 8-) :mrgreen:

| Reply
Jul 21, 2013 01:03:41   #
oldhunter
 
I also think everyone should have as much knowledge about guns as possible. as far as our lawmakers they should concentrate on our judicial system about handling the criminals that break the laws with stiffer sentences and quit letting them off easy or letting them out before their time is up. The only gun control that really works is being able to hit your intended target and knowing what your target is and what is around and behind it before you pull the trigger. The gun control advocates just can't seem to understand that criminals

| Reply
Jul 21, 2013 01:16:19   #
oldhunter
 
I also think everyone should have as much knowledge about guns as possible. This is very true if you plan on carrying one for protection, I think you should take the concealed carry classes no matter how long you have been shooting and learn about the laws and learn as much as possible about your weapon and how and when to use it safely and responsibility. And as far as our lawmakers they should concentrate on our judicial system about handling the criminals that break the laws with stiffer sentences and quit letting them off easy or letting them out before their time is up. The only gun control that really works is being able to hit your intended target and knowing what your target is and what is around and behind it before you pull the trigger. The gun control advocates just can't seem to understand that criminals DO NOT CARE about the laws that is why they are criminals! They need to get their heads out of their A-- and lets take the criminals off the streets not our {the law abiding citizens} guns. We may need them in the future when they release the criminals back out on the streets.

| Reply
Jul 21, 2013 09:58:32   #
CrazyHorse
 
yhwh99 wrote:
Crazyhorse! The Constitution does not have to be amended. Besides that would led the US Governement the luxury of implementing "martial law"! The 2nd Amendment is an anti-governemental clause written by our forefathers.It is a checks and balances clause; It causes the government to pause before they even think about "trying to confiscate guns." This is what happened in Bosnia; the former Yugoslovian government convinced the civilian authorities that since the hostilities were over that they didn't need their weapons. You know what happened next? Mass murders, atrocities, and ethnic cleansing. If we allow states to designate gun-jurisdiction zones where there are limited or no LEO (Law Enforcement Officers) then I would agree with a open-display gun law. In gun-restricted zones only those individuals who are licensed and trained should carry a concealed gun. The problem in Philadelphia are straw-purchases and the easy access of obtaining guns for drug dealers. Remember, we have three states to deal with NJ, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. I won't even think about telling the Good Ole Boys up North to stop hunting. It's a way of life for many Americans.
Crazyhorse! The Constitution does not have to be a... (show quote)


Quid Pro Quo, yhwh99: I don't think you understood what I said. I was just pointing out that in my opinion the only way the government can take away our guns constitutionally, is to Amend the Constitution. The following is the precise quote:

"Sorry pard, it's not a balancing act. If you want to take away our guns or constrain them in some fashion, you have to Amend the Constitution. Don't come knocking on doors for guns in Kansas unless you're in a tank."

| Reply
Jul 22, 2013 17:57:27   #
yhwh99
 
Sorry Crazyhorse for the misunderstanding. That will never happen! Isn't it ironic that the criminals can get a gun but law abiding citizens can not get them? There's a clammer concerning comprehensive background checks on everyone but you realize that someone will try to use the data to determine who deserves to own a gun! The solution is to focus on criminals who are repeat offenders, enforce the curfew laws, and implement gun-safety and safety awareness.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2019 IDF International Technologies, Inc.