One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
A******lly hot summer is predicted
Page 1 of 2 next>
May 18, 2024 10:03:30   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4668054-a******lly-hot-summer-even-more-likely-in-latest-noaa-forecast-heres-where/

Reply
May 18, 2024 10:07:52   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4668054-a******lly-hot-summer-even-more-likely-in-latest-noaa-forecast-heres-where/


Good. I like it hot and my ocean fish pre-boiled.

Reply
May 18, 2024 10:14:44   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
JFlorio wrote:
Good. I like it hot and my ocean fish pre-boiled.


Tuna casserole

Reply
 
 
May 18, 2024 10:21:15   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Tuna casserole



Reply
May 18, 2024 15:03:27   #
Wonttakeitanymore
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4668054-a******lly-hot-summer-even-more-likely-in-latest-noaa-forecast-heres-where/


They are just trying to shove the climate crsp down our throats! They tried to push the rhetoric last year being hottest and anyone alive can dispute that claim!

Reply
May 18, 2024 18:08:54   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Wonttakeitanymore wrote:
They are just trying to shove the climate crsp down our throats! They tried to push the rhetoric last year being hottest and anyone alive can dispute that claim!


We are in good shape water wise . They ain't got much ammo this year

Reply
May 19, 2024 15:05:40   #
LiberalGrammyD
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4668054-a******lly-hot-summer-even-more-likely-in-latest-noaa-forecast-heres-where/


We have friends in Houston and Aggie has a brother who lives in Montgomery County and he called us said they had 14in of rain in a day and a half last week. Our Houston friends said Fridays weather with est winds of 100mph and golfball size hail reminded them of hurricane Ike. To make things worse they have no power and temps this week are going to be high90's everyday until Wednesday when temps reach 100degrees. So it looks like late spring to summer temps are going to be higher than recent years and that may lead to more erratic weather or worse storms and droughts.

Reply
 
 
May 19, 2024 15:10:04   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
What’s your point?
LiberalGrammyD wrote:
We have friends in Houston and Aggie has a brother who lives in Montgomery County and he called us said they had 14in of rain in a day and a half last week. Our Houston friends said Fridays weather with est winds of 100mph and golfball size hail reminded them of hurricane Ike. To make things worse they have no power and temps this week are going to be high90's everyday until Wednesday when temps reach 100degrees. So it looks like late spring to summer temps are going to be higher than recent years and that may lead to more erratic weather or worse storms and droughts.
We have friends in Houston and Aggie has a brothe... (show quote)

Reply
May 19, 2024 17:31:35   #
Peaver Bogart Loc: Montana
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4668054-a******lly-hot-summer-even-more-likely-in-latest-noaa-forecast-heres-where/


OH NO, G****L W*****G, I'M RUNNING IN FEAR!!..............NOT!

Reply
May 19, 2024 18:47:53   #
LiberalGrammyD
 
JFlorio wrote:
What’s your point?


I was just replying to Tom's post with the article from the NOAA that the temps this summer may be higher than recent years.

Reply
May 19, 2024 20:27:31   #
SeaLass Loc: Western Soviet Socialist Republics
 
LiberalGrammyD wrote:
I was just replying to Tom's post with the article from the NOAA that the temps this summer may be higher than recent years.



Seems like NOAA has been saying that just about every year since the early 90's, and lo and behold, about 50% of recent summers have been above average!

Reply
 
 
May 19, 2024 20:40:15   #
JFlorio Loc: Seminole Florida
 
LiberalGrammyD wrote:
I was just replying to Tom's post with the article from the NOAA that the temps this summer may be higher than recent years.


According to archeological records the earth was much warmer at one time than it is now.

Reply
May 20, 2024 00:52:32   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
Peaver Bogart wrote:
OH NO, G****L W*****G, I'M RUNNING IN FEAR!!..............NOT!


The Earth is a living thing that cannot die . The weather cycles to fit the Earths survival needs . That's the way it is and how it's always been .

Reply
May 20, 2024 01:18:17   #
Knightlady
 
LiberalGrammyD wrote:
I was just replying to Tom's post with the article from the NOAA that the temps this summer may be higher than recent years.


An article on El Nino and La Nina.
We'll see what happens!

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2024-05-09-el-nino-la-nina-forecast-may-noaa

At a Glance
El Niño is weakening rapidly and could be gone by June.
The latest forecast expects La Niña to follow by late this summer.
This can affect atmospheric w*****r p*****ns across the globe.
That includes the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season.

E​l Niño could be gone in a month and La Niña is still expected sometime this summer, according to a just-released government outlook. That may have important ramifications on the 2024 hurricane season and next winter.

On its last legs: El Niño, the periodic warming of water in the eastern and central Pacific Ocean near the equator, is fading fast. After peaking in late November and December, ocean temperatures in this zone have dipped to 0.5 degree Celsius anomaly, barely considered a weak El Niño, in early May.

More in article plus video.

Since it's happend before, can the "c*****e c****e" be blamed?

Reply
May 20, 2024 09:45:43   #
LiberalGrammyD
 
Knightlady wrote:
An article on El Nino and La Nina.
We'll see what happens!

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2024-05-09-el-nino-la-nina-forecast-may-noaa

At a Glance
El Niño is weakening rapidly and could be gone by June.
The latest forecast expects La Niña to follow by late this summer.
This can affect atmospheric w*****r p*****ns across the globe.
That includes the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season.

E​l Niño could be gone in a month and La Niña is still expected sometime this summer, according to a just-released government outlook. That may have important ramifications on the 2024 hurricane season and next winter.

On its last legs: El Niño, the periodic warming of water in the eastern and central Pacific Ocean near the equator, is fading fast. After peaking in late November and December, ocean temperatures in this zone have dipped to 0.5 degree Celsius anomaly, barely considered a weak El Niño, in early May.

More in article plus video.

Since it's happend before, can the "c*****e c****e" be blamed?
An article on El Nino and La Nina. br We'll see wh... (show quote)


Thanks for this I will check out the videos. Iam not getting into the "c*****e c****e" conundrum. Each must make their own decision on this idea of c*****e c****e. Much like the discussion that C***D v******tions are a good idea or a deadly one.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com
Copyright 2012-2024 IDF International Technologies, Inc.