One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
What about my personal right to be free from your religion?
Page 1 of 133 next> last>>
Dec 16, 2022 13:16:52   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 13:19:56   #
Gatsby
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html


What about my personal right to be free from your transgenderism?

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 13:25:57   #
EmilyD
 
Gatsby wrote:
What about my personal right to be free from your transgenderism?

👍👍👍

Reply
 
 
Dec 16, 2022 13:49:29   #
nwtk2007 Loc: Texas
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html


Or my personal right to be free of your sexual deviance!

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 15:42:05   #
woodguru
 
Gatsby wrote:
What about my personal right to be free from your transgenderism?


That's called go away, ignore it, look the other way

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 15:42:56   #
woodguru
 
nwtk2007 wrote:
Or my personal right to be free of your sexual deviance!


Again, that is called go away, leave, ignore it, nobody is forcing you to follow suit.

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 15:49:47   #
nwtk2007 Loc: Texas
 
woodguru wrote:
Again, that is called go away, leave, ignore it, nobody is forcing you to follow suit.


How bout YOU go away. You don't like the Jesus traffic, turn around. IOW, YOU go away.

Reply
 
 
Dec 16, 2022 16:13:56   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
woodguru wrote:
Again, that is called go away, leave, ignore it, nobody is forcing you to follow suit.

No one is forcing you to follow Jesus either.

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 16:30:00   #
nwtk2007 Loc: Texas
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
No one is forcing you to follow Jesus either.


When radical Islam shows up had woody's door, he might lose his head!

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 17:46:27   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html


The following sentences are excerpted from your yahoo.com link to illustrate the utter hypocrisy of their, and I presume, your argument:

Begin Quotes:"Nobody likes to have their rights taken away. Liberals and conservatives can agree on that, but they can’t agree on which rights to protect and which ones to eliminate."

"I’d been watching a woman on CNN make the argument she had a right to refuse to create a wedding website for a same same-sex couple...."

"What stunned me was the context through which we perceive 'personal freedoms' in this country."

"The woman said same-sex marriage goes against her religious beliefs and the government shouldn’t force her to create a unique piece of art (the website) that goes against the basis of her religion."

"Here was a woman angry that her freedom to choose who she works with could be taken away when all over the country state legislatures, as well as the Supreme Court, are taking away the freedom of women to control their own bodies. While all rights are important, the discrepancy in immediate relevance to someone’s life is obvious."

"This is basically the argument the religious right continues to make: You can’t make me do something (make a website) because it offends my religion, but I can force you to do something (have a baby) because my religion says you have to."End Quotes

This is a completely bogus argument, Bob.

For decades, our nation's children have been brought to maturity (since 1973's horrific Supreme Court decision) under the illusion that murdering one's own child in the womb is a perfectly natural, normal and moral way of "practicing birth control," i.e., "restricting the size" of one's own family.

It isn't.

It is murder.

This is a nation that needs to relearn the bygone concepts of assuming personal responsibility and self-control.

A woman exercises control over her body when she engages in protected or unprotected sex. That is the decision she has made.

To answer the inevitable objection that prohibiting abortion is "inhumane because...:

The Guttmacher Institute reports that nationwide, fourteen thousand abortions per year are due to rape or incest, which amounts to only 1 percent of all abortions. Other studies show that pregnancies due to rape are much rarer than is generally thought, perhaps as few as one in a thousand cases. Statistics are often self-serving.

There are many potential parents who would love to enrich their own lives by bringing a new born home from the hospital and create a loving family around the child.

Two males or two females cohabiting and calling it "marriage," i.e., Holy Matrimony (an institution created and ordained by God for the purpose of conceiving, birthing, and nurturing each new generation) is called an "abomination" by God, because it creates not a culture of life, but a culture of death, as it negates the possibility of new life as surely as does the practice of abortion.

Murdering children, born or unborn, can never be construed as a "right."

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 18:20:05   #
Lily
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html



Reply
 
 
Dec 16, 2022 18:20:49   #
Lily
 
woodguru wrote:
That's called go away, ignore it, look the other way



Reply
Dec 16, 2022 18:21:48   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Zemirah wrote:
The following sentences are excerpted from your yahoo.com link to illustrate the utter hypocrisy of their, and I presume, your argument:

Begin Quotes:"Nobody likes to have their rights taken away. Liberals and conservatives can agree on that, but they can’t agree on which rights to protect and which ones to eliminate."

"I’d been watching a woman on CNN make the argument she had a right to refuse to create a wedding website for a same same-sex couple...."

"What stunned me was the context through which we perceive 'personal freedoms' in this country."

"The woman said same-sex marriage goes against her religious beliefs and the government shouldn’t force her to create a unique piece of art (the website) that goes against the basis of her religion."

"Here was a woman angry that her freedom to choose who she works with could be taken away when all over the country state legislatures, as well as the Supreme Court, are taking away the freedom of women to control their own bodies. While all rights are important, the discrepancy in immediate relevance to someone’s life is obvious."

"This is basically the argument the religious right continues to make: You can’t make me do something (make a website) because it offends my religion, but I can force you to do something (have a baby) because my religion says you have to."End Quotes

This is a completely bogus argument, Bob.

For decades, our nation's children have been brought to maturity (since 1973's horrific Supreme Court decision) under the illusion that murdering one's own child in the womb is a perfectly natural, normal and moral way of "practicing birth control," i.e., "restricting the size" of one's own family.

It isn't.

It is murder.

This is a nation that needs to relearn the bygone concepts of assuming personal responsibility and self-control.

A woman exercises control over her body when she engages in protected or unprotected sex. That is the decision she has made.

To answer the inevitable objection that prohibiting abortion is "inhumane because...:

The Guttmacher Institute reports that nationwide, fourteen thousand abortions per year are due to rape or incest, which amounts to only 1 percent of all abortions. Other studies show that pregnancies due to rape are much rarer than is generally thought, perhaps as few as one in a thousand cases. Statistics are often self-serving.

There are many potential parents who would love to enrich their own lives by bringing a new born home from the hospital and create a loving family around the child.

Two males or two females cohabiting and calling it "marriage," i.e., Holy Matrimony (an institution created and ordained by God for the purpose of conceiving, birthing, and nurturing each new generation) is called an "abomination" by God, because it creates not a culture of life, but a culture of death, as it negates the possibility of new life as surely as does the practice of abortion.

Murdering children, born or unborn, can never be construed as a "right."
The following sentences are excerpted from your ya... (show quote)


Is that your opinion or "God's"?

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 19:15:30   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html


It's true...
Society keeps me from doing all sorts of horrible things...
It's not just the religious nuts who are keeping us from murdering the unborn or mutilating children's genitals....
There are people who think it's wrong for me to kill Idiots who don't signal when they change lanes...
And would imprison me just because I forgot what that strange woman I met at a bar's safe word was...
Hell... Some folk want to take away my right to fly historically significant flags...

Why can't we all just mind our own business???

Reply
Dec 16, 2022 19:17:22   #
Birdmam
 
Bad Bob wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/personal-free-religion-153026994.html
slob







Reply
Page 1 of 133 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2023 IDF International Technologies, Inc.