One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
I Wish
Sep 22, 2022 22:53:48   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
A M E N!!!!



Reply
Sep 22, 2022 23:43:15   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
AuntiE wrote:
A M E N!!!!


Is it Slow, Children or Slow children?

Reply
Sep 22, 2022 23:55:04   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Is it Slow, Children or Slow children?


If it is a directive, it is the first. If it is a descriptive,it is the second.

Reply
 
 
Sep 23, 2022 00:23:29   #
Marty 2020 Loc: Banana Republic of Kalifornia
 
AuntiE wrote:
If it is a directive, it is the first. If it is a descriptive,it is the second.


How bout watch for falling rock?
Ignore the ones already on the road?
It’s not grammar, but, really!

Reply
Sep 23, 2022 05:18:03   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
AuntiE wrote:
If it is a directive, it is the first. If it is a descriptive,it is the second.


Love it-- You are an English teacher. ---the cat is out of the bag .

Reply
Sep 23, 2022 08:41:52   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Love it-- You are an English teacher. ---the cat is out of the bag .


Not a teacher, merely someone who had grammar rules embed throughout my education. I had teachers who graded not only on content but on writing/grammar. You could have an A content paper/test and an F writing/grammar ending up with a D or C.

Reply
Sep 23, 2022 21:26:13   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
AuntiE wrote:
Not a teacher, merely someone who had grammar rules embed throughout my education. I had teachers who graded not only on content but on writing/grammar. You could have an A content paper/test and an F writing/grammar ending up with a D or C.


Yep I got many a B on an A paper because of grammar rules .

Reply
 
 
Sep 23, 2022 21:47:23   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Yep I got many a B on an A paper because of grammar rules .


When I was tutoring, one of the things I had a hard time conveying was how poor writing detracts from your subject matter. The other thing, oddly enough, was teaching them to write as if the teacher knew nothing about the subject. It was always; ”but, she teaches it! Yes, however, you are teaching them what you learned. The very very very hardest tutoring/editing was for a legal immigrant from Bangladesh. A science major, which is hard enough editing; however, her grasp of writing in English was ….there are no words. She tried desperately. Unfortunately, her family immigrated well past the time grammar was part of the curriculum. ProgenyE was very fond of her. Her family allowed him to attend family events; however, it was (subtly) made clear she would be having serious relationships with only other males of her country of origin.

Reply
Sep 24, 2022 13:54:44   #
elledee
 
Punctuation matters example....Lets eat Grandma.....Lets eat, Grandma.

Reply
Sep 24, 2022 22:04:07   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
elledee wrote:
Punctuation matters example....Lets eat Grandma.....Lets eat, Grandma.



Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.