Nine years and four months ago, on May 5, 2013 02:07:56 #, I posted this same Homosexual Manifesto in its entirety, on this OPP forum, and it was 26 years old at that time.
It is possible to discuss any topic with civility, and without presuming to assume God's role and condemn any individual, for the Bible clearly teaches "It's God's wish that no man should perish."
God is in no way anxious to begin the judgments following Christ's return. As Peter puts it, He is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish.
The Greek word rendered perish here ( apolesthai) might equally well have been translated be killed. Here Peter is thinking about God's gracious reluctance to see sinners killed.
(2nd Peter 3:9)
It's the act, the behavior that is to be excoriated, not any individual, for anyone can repent and change their behavior, if they so choose.Nine years and four months ago, on May 5, 2013 02:07:56 #, I posted this Homosexual Manifesto in its entirety, on this OPP forum, at: https://www.onepoliticalplaza.com/t-1935-1.html
- including the author's opening Preface: "This essay is an outre, madness, a tragic, cruel fantasy, an eruption of inner rage, on how the oppressed desperately dream of being the oppressor."
"This essay was originally printed in the February 15, 1987 issue of Gay Community News, later reprinted in the February 15-21 1987 Congressional Record.
~etc., etc., etc.~! - and, again, it is at:https://www.onepoliticalplaza.com/t-1935-1.html
I also posted another longer and older manifesto:http://library.gayhomeland.org/0006/EN/A_Gay_Manifesto.htm
A Gay Manifesto (1970)
by Carl Wittman
"San Francisco is a refugee camp for homosexuals. We have fled here from every part of the nation, and like refugees elsewhere, we came not because it is so great here, but because it was so bad there. By the tens of thousands, we fled small towns where to be ourselves would endanger our jobs and any hope of a decent life; we have fled from blackmailing cops, from families who disowned or ‘tolerated’ us; we have been drummed out of the armed services, thrown out of schools, fired from jobs, beaten by punks and policemen.
~etc., etc., etc.~
In 2013, on that same thread, I also posted a 3rd Manifesto by William Edwin Dannemeyer, a conservative American politician, activist, and author, known for his opposition to LGBT rights. He served as U.S. Representative from the 39th Congressional District of California from 1979 to 1993, during which time he, along with friend and fellow Republican U.S. Rep. Robert K. Dornan, came to personify Orange County conservatism - as follows:
"This is NOT the Gay Manifesto or The Homosexual Manifesto. This is a conservative Christian, William Dannemeyer, looking down the corridor of time, during the last twenty four (24) plus years, from 1989, foreseeing much more accurately than either of the aforementioned manifestos the homosexualization of the nation, for he understands the spiritual source of their appeal to an ungodly and spiritually unschooled generation.
A nation that has locked out the Holy Bible, and the Creator who inspired it from our schools and universities since the 1960's, fifty plus years, is as vulnerable as Eve was to a lie, for they have no spiritual maturity. Congressman Dannemeyer accurately portrays the spiritual lies of those who falsely claim that Jesus never denounced homosexuality, for they make this claim repeatedly now.:
An excerpt from "Shadow In The Land," 1989, by Congressman William Dannemeyer, pages 105-107
The Religious Dilemma
"Let me paraphrase the argument the homosexual community is making in its assault on the Christian community. While what I say will be simpler and more straightforward than the usual statements made by homosexual leaders, I submit that I am not exaggerating either the message we are receiving or the rhetoric in which it is couched. This, then, is that message:
"We, the homosexual population, are now convinced from the few studies that support the claim that our sexual orientation is the product of hereditary factors. Homosexuality, therefore is a natural condition--i.e., one produced by nature, and as such was created by God (if there is a God) and therefore is good. As a matter of fact, not only is homosexuality no more than an "alternate life-style," it is also equal to heterosexuality and should be so regarded by Christians and Jews.
"As for the Bible, much of what is written there is the product of ignorance and primitive superstition. The Jewish prohibition against 'sodomy' was instituted
because of tribal needs for more progeny. (Homosexuals did not produce children.) The Apostle Paul, who spoke against homosexuality with particular emphasis, was at the very least influenced by the idea that Christ would be returning any day and that sexual involvement would therefore detract from spiritual preparations. Then, too, Paul himself seemed to have had some hang-ups, and his homophobia may have been evidenced of repressed homosexual feelings on his part--the 'thorn in his flesh.'
"As for Jesus, He never said a word of condemnation against homosexuality, a fact that indicates that He really didn't see anything wrong with such attachments.
"Relying on these isolated statements in the Bible, as well as an ongoing tradition of bigotry, Jews and Christians have been homophobes for the better part of 3,000 years, persecuting homosexuals more than any other minority in the history of Western civilization.
"But now the tide has turned. We have at last 'come-out,' and in so doing we have exposed the mean-spirited nature of Judeo-Christian morality. You have been narrow-minded and self-righteous. But with the help of a growing number of your own membership, we are going to force you to recant everything you have ever believed or said about sexuality. Here are some of the things you will be expected to affirm, in the process of renouncing love, marriage, and family:
1. Henceforth homosexuality will be spoken of in your churches and synagogues as an 'honorable estate.'
2. You can either let us marry people of the same sex or better yet abolish marriage altogether, since it will give the lie to everything you have said and done in the past about sexuality.
3. You will also be expected to offer ceremonies that bless our sexual arrangements, whether or not you retain marriage as something to be celebrated in your churches.
4. You will also instruct your young people in homosexual as well as heterosexual behavior, and you will go out of your way to make certain that homosexual youths are allowed to date, attend religious functions together, openly display affection, and enjoy each other's sexuality without embarrassment or guilt.
5. If any of the older people in your midst object, you will deal with them sternly, making certain they renounce their ugly and ignorant homophobia or suffer public humiliation.
6. You will also make certain that all of the prestige and resources of your institutions are brought to bear on the community, so that laws are passed forbidding discrimination against homosexuals and heavy punishments are assessed. We expect and demand the same commitment to us that you made to Blacks and to women, though their suffering has not been as great as ours.
7. Finally, we will in all likelihood want to expunge a number of passages from your Scriptures, and rewrite others, eliminating preferential treatment of marriage and using words that will allow for homosexual interpretations of passages describing biblical lovers such as Ruth and Boaz or Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.
"Warning: If all of these things do not come to pass quickly, we will subject orthodox Jews and Christians to the most sustained hatred and vilification in recent memory. We have captured the liberal establishment and the press. We have already beaten you on a number of battlefields. And we have the spirit of the age on our side. [The god of this age (who is spirit) is Satan.] You have neither the faith nor the strength to fight us, so you might as well surrender now."
2 Corinthians 4:4: " The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."End Quote
We on OPP know who queer people are, what they sta... (