One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Red State Kansas Reminds Us that Common-Sense Republicans Still Exist
Page 1 of 6 next> last>>
Aug 3, 2022 10:55:37   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 11:11:04   #
Liberty Tree
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)


But you were against letting the people decide.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 11:18:21   #
Sonny Magoo Loc: If you ain't Dutch you ain't much.
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights for the sake of religious BS.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)


You lose your rights selfishness when you play procreator and get pregnant by choice.
This "women's rights" you speak of doesn't exist in the real world.
Just because it's been written or said, don't mean Jack.
It's actually has to be real.
Everyone should be accountable for their actions. Women included.
Abortions should be Extremely rare.

Reply
 
 
Aug 3, 2022 11:26:50   #
Wolf counselor Loc: Heart of Texas
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)


Congratulations

When you get pregnant be sure to kill that brat.

One of you is enough

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 11:31:00   #
Kevyn
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
But you were against letting the people decide.


The best case is that the decision is made by a woman and her health care provider. This is simply a majority of voters keeping the state from forcing its will on women.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 11:49:36   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
But you were against letting the people decide.

Where did I ever say that?

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:00:24   #
microphor Loc: Home is TN
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)


No, most of us conservatives just don't want assembly line abortions as a means of birth control.

Reply
 
 
Aug 3, 2022 12:09:43   #
RandyBrian
 
Kevyn wrote:
The best case is that the decision is made by a woman and her health care provider. This is simply a majority of voters keeping the state from forcing its will on women.



And I'm sure you feel exactly the same way about after kids are born, too. After all, once murder of an innocent is made acceptable, then it's just a matter of definition, right? NO ONE can reasonably argue that a six month old baby is 'viable'. Without a guardian and provider, it can not survive. That will be the next step from the left. They will decide post birth abortion is sometimes 'common sense' and should be decided by the mother and her doctor. It will start out in cases where the little darling is deemed 'defective' and is just 'too much' for Mommy dearest to handle. Then it will quickly proceed to 'my circumstances changed' or 'I lost my job' or 'I thought he would marry me' or 'the baby is screwing up my weekend plans'.....a doctor, for a 'reasonable' fee, of course, will be found who will recommend that, for the mother's 'health', the baby needs a post birth abortion. And the American Holocaust will expand and grow until you are, at long last, happy and satisfied.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:19:06   #
maryla
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)


Abortion is murder! A woman needs to keep her legs closed if she believes it is her time of the month to get pregnant...plain and simple!I am disappointed that these half-as_ Republicans would do this..

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:25:52   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of New York & Rhode Island
 
[quote=straightUp]Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html[/quo

No, it indicates the effectiveness of Democratic lies.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:27:06   #
crazylibertarian Loc: Florida by way of New York & Rhode Island
 
Kevyn wrote:
The best case is that the decision is made by a woman and her health care provider. This is simply a majority of voters keeping the state from forcing its will on women.



Hey Kevyn, for once answer this; was the act of intercourse voluntary or not?

Reply
 
 
Aug 3, 2022 12:36:51   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
Sonny Magoo wrote:
You lose your rights selfishness when you play procreator and get pregnant by choice.

I don't think the right to chose matters to people who get pregnant by choice, Magoo.

Sonny Magoo wrote:

This "women's rights" you speak of doesn't exist in the real world.

If you're talking about the physical world, then your right to live doesn't really exist either. If you're talking about the legal world, then it appears you don't really understand the issue.

The Roe v Wade decision was based on the right to privacy (or as some legal scholars call it, "the right to be left alone"), which is a legal precedent that we inherited from Common Law - the very basis of our legal system. The Due Process clause of the 5th Amendment protects this right against encroachment by the federal government and the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment protects this right against encroachment by the states.

A woman's pregnancy is considered by many to be a private matter between her and her doctor and the only way a state or federal government can intervene is to violate that right. The 1973 the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of upholding the right to privacy.

In the context of abortion, the reason why this is often referred to as a "woman's right" is that men can't get pregnant and therefore will never be subjected to this kind of violation. But technically, the Roe v Wade decision on the right to privacy applies to more than just a woman's confidentiality with her doctor and overturning this decision opens the door to let the government violate anyone's right to privacy - for any reason.

Sonny Magoo wrote:

Just because it's been written or said, don't mean Jack.

If that were the case, the U.S. Constitution, which is a written document, wouldn't mean Jack either. Maybe you need to think on this a little more.

Sonny Magoo wrote:

It's actually has to be real.

It's written in the Constitution so it's as real as any law will ever get. You just need to understand which laws we're talking about before you run around saying they don't exist.

Sonny Magoo wrote:

Everyone should be accountable for their actions. Women included.

Yeah, we ALL know that (Captain Obvious) including most women. But here's something I guess you never consider... Shit happens. I know it's hard for sheltered people to see that, but shit really does happen.

Sonny Magoo wrote:

Abortions should be Extremely rare.

I don't know what you're calling "extremely rare" but I don't think you will find ANYONE who thinks we should have more. The fewer the better.

Of course, we will never know how many abortions happen if we ban them, because we don't have a way to track all the hack jobs that occur in the shadows of secrecy. That's why I always call them the "so-called" pro-life advocates, because they do nothing to actually save lives when their only solution is to make it illegal.

Prohibitions in the past have NEVER stopped people from doing what they're going to do anyway.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:38:23   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
Liberty Tree wrote:
But you were against letting the people decide.


He is against anybody making decisions except for the government. There are not enough polite negative adjectives in the world language to describe the depth of this person’s wish for servitude to the government. His extreme lack of character continues to astonish even me.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:55:30   #
fullspinzoo
 
straightUp wrote:
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas voted against their Republican leaders on the abortion issue indicating that common-sense Republicans still exist. They're just not as loud and unruly as the more extreme fanatical side of the party and their leaders need to keep that in mind.

“The voters in Kansas have spoken loud and clear: We will not tolerate extreme bans on abortion,” said Rachel Sweet, the campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom, which led the effort to defeat the amendment.

I have to say it was a relief to see this, because like their Republican leaders, I too was starting to wonder if ALL the conservatives have become as fanatic as the Taliban with their aggressive push to stomp on women's rights and the freedom for families and their doctors to make their own common sense decisions.

So a big thanks to the people of Kansas who have given me hope that common-sense still exists, even on the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/us/kansas-abortion-rights-vote.html
Yesterday, the very conservative people of Kansas ... (show quote)

Scum of the earth Dems still exist and your 'straight up' for poster boy, Fu.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 12:59:45   #
straightUp Loc: California
 
AuntiE wrote:
He is against anybody making decisions except for the government.

You have no clue what you're talking about - you just don't like me so you say whatever comes to mind. The fact is, I've been pointing out the unpopularity of the recent SCOTUS decision since the day it was made and I also pointed out that the the bench does NOT represent the people.

It's ironic that I'm the one pointing out that 67% of the American people want to uphold Roe v Wade, while you sit smug with the fact that the will of the people is being ignored by court decisions in the government. Then when I applaud the people of Kansas for speaking out, YOU make the claim that I am against anyone making decision except for the government.

AuntiE wrote:

There are not enough polite negative adjectives in the world language to describe the depth of this person’s wish for servitude to the government. His extreme lack of character continues to astonish even me.

Not enough polite negative adjectives? You can't come up with one example of what you're blabbering about.

Reply
Page 1 of 6 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.