One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Antidote To Tyranny Is Liberty, Not Democracy Or International Government
Aug 3, 2022 07:31:51   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
A few key takeaways:

* When presidents and prime ministers make and enforce their own laws under the pretext of "emergency powers," then citizens should not be surprised when their leaders discover an endless supply of "emergencies" requiring urgent action.

* The opposite of tyranny is not democracy, but rather liberty and individual rights. Is it not startling, then, that Western leaders extol democracy, yet pay such little homage to personal freedoms?

* When national populations are denied self-determination and personal liberties are treated as privileges, not rights, then tyranny is never far from taking hold.

* It is the West's traditional embrace of natural rights that exist apart from and superior to constitutional authority that create the greatest protection against unjust government power (democratic or not). When natural rights are viewed as inviolable, as they are in the U.S. Declaration of Independence, free speech cannot be censored simply because it is speech with which the government disagrees. When individual natural rights are seen as mere "gifts" from the government, though, they quickly disappear whenever government actors find it expedient.

* The opposite of tyranny is not democracy, but rather liberty and individual rights. Any "free" society distinguishes itself from authoritarian regimes through its steadfast protection of inviolable human rights that exist irrespective of statutory law. Yet freedom, liberty, and individual rights are rarely mentioned. In their stead, political leaders cherish the "virtues" of democracy and little else.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/antidote-tyranny-liberty-not-democracy-or-international-government

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 08:28:29   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
ACP45 wrote:
A few key takeaways:

* When presidents and prime ministers make and enforce their own laws under the pretext of "emergency powers," then citizens should not be surprised when their leaders discover an endless supply of "emergencies" requiring urgent action.

* The opposite of tyranny is not democracy, but rather liberty and individual rights. Is it not startling, then, that Western leaders extol democracy, yet pay such little homage to personal freedoms?

* When national populations are denied self-determination and personal liberties are treated as privileges, not rights, then tyranny is never far from taking hold.

* It is the West's traditional embrace of natural rights that exist apart from and superior to constitutional authority that create the greatest protection against unjust government power (democratic or not). When natural rights are viewed as inviolable, as they are in the U.S. Declaration of Independence, free speech cannot be censored simply because it is speech with which the government disagrees. When individual natural rights are seen as mere "gifts" from the government, though, they quickly disappear whenever government actors find it expedient.

* The opposite of tyranny is not democracy, but rather liberty and individual rights. Any "free" society distinguishes itself from authoritarian regimes through its steadfast protection of inviolable human rights that exist irrespective of statutory law. Yet freedom, liberty, and individual rights are rarely mentioned. In their stead, political leaders cherish the "virtues" of democracy and little else.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/antidote-tyranny-liberty-not-democracy-or-international-government
A few key takeaways: br br * When presidents and ... (show quote)


The few , fighting against the many ,
is a fools errand.
Trying to force anyone to your side Will never work.
Democracy is a Ruling order in the natural world.
Flocks , groups , herds all use a democratic equivalent to decide where , when , how and why .
Can you imagine One Duck wearing a swastika and an eye patch forcing the other ducks to do things his way ?
Many minds , move all.

The Declaration of Independence is not a legal valid document.
It can’t be used for anything other than show and tell .
It is a non binding letter.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 14:22:42   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
Milosia2 wrote:
The few , fighting against the many ,
is a fools errand.
Trying to force anyone to your side Will never work.
Democracy is a Ruling order in the natural world.
Flocks , groups , herds all use a democratic equivalent to decide where , when , how and why .
Can you imagine One Duck wearing a swastika and an eye patch forcing the other ducks to do things his way ?
Many minds , move all.

The Declaration of Independence is not a legal valid document.
It can’t be used for anything other than show and tell .
It is a non binding letter.
The few , fighting against the many , br is a foo... (show quote)



On what basis do you claim that the Declaration of Independence is not a legal document?
The United States Bill of Rights are the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution, and guarantees individual rights and of limitations on federal and state governments. Besides being axioms of government, the guarantees in the Bill of Rights have binding legal force. Acts of Congress in conflict with them may be voided by the U.S. Supreme Court when the question of the constitutionality of such acts arises in litigation.

Reply
 
 
Aug 3, 2022 15:06:38   #
woodguru
 
ACP45 wrote:
A few key takeaways:


You guys seem to believe the antidote to democracy is tyranny...the right attacks whoever doesn't support their ideas.

Reply
Aug 3, 2022 20:19:40   #
ACP45 Loc: Rhode Island
 
woodguru wrote:
You guys seem to believe the antidote to democracy is tyranny...the right attacks whoever doesn't support their ideas.


Nope. Re-read "* The opposite of tyranny is not democracy, but rather liberty and individual rights. Any "free" society distinguishes itself from authoritarian regimes through its steadfast protection of inviolable human rights that exist irrespective of statutory law. Yet freedom, liberty, and individual rights are rarely mentioned. In their stead, political leaders cherish the "virtues" of democracy and little else."

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.