One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Do You Understand What The Supreme Court Is Doing To Religious "Freedom"?
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Jun 28, 2022 16:20:01   #
woodguru
 
I just saw where a Muslim religious figure was posting on social media about having prayers to Allah at school sports events...

That is what the supreme court just said is perfectly acceptable, unless you for some reason believe that religious freedoms only apply to christians?

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 17:09:45   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
woodguru wrote:
I just saw where a Muslim religious figure was posting on social media about having prayers to Allah at school sports events...

That is what the supreme court just said is perfectly acceptable, unless you for some reason believe that religious freedoms only apply to christians?


Crickets !!!
Of course !

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 17:14:35   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
woodguru wrote:
I just saw where a Muslim religious figure was posting on social media about having prayers to Allah at school sports events...

That is what the supreme court just said is perfectly acceptable, unless you for some reason believe that religious freedoms only apply to christians?


If he's doing it privately, to himself, the boy raping, wife beating goat humper can pray anytime. I don't care.

Reply
 
 
Jun 28, 2022 17:18:25   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
archie bunker wrote:
If he's doing it privately, to himself, the boy raping, wife beating goat humper can pray anytime. I don't care.


50 yard line , before the game starts ?

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 17:26:25   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
Milosia2 wrote:
50 yard line , before the game starts ?


No. After the game, ok.

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 17:27:02   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
Milosia2 wrote:
50 yard line , before the game starts ?
What's wrong with that?

The 1st Amendment's right to freely exercise one's religion puts no limits on where or when one can pray.

If the sight of a football player praying at the 50 yard line before the game starts so offends you,
you don't have to watch.

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 18:21:56   #
woodguru
 
archie bunker wrote:
If he's doing it privately, to himself, the boy raping, wife beating goat humper can pray anytime. I don't care.


No, we are not talking by himself, we are talking group huddles and prayers...praise be to Allah

You hit the nail on the head, religion is about whatever you do you do it privately with yourself...

Not group huddles and prayers, what are those who do not believe in god supposed to do when a coach calls for group prayers?

Reply
 
 
Jun 28, 2022 18:24:14   #
woodguru
 
Blade_Runner wrote:
What's wrong with that?

The 1st Amendment's right to freely exercise one's religion puts no limits on where or when one can pray.

If the sight of a football player praying at the 50 yard line before the game starts so offends you,
you don't have to watch.


It's not one person praying, that is fine, it's the group huddle thing that infringes on other's rights not to participate

And you would find it highly offensive of a muslim coach called the players over for a praise be to allah...wouldn't you?

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 18:24:45   #
woodguru
 
archie bunker wrote:
No. After the game, ok.


By himself

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 18:40:41   #
CounterRevolutionary
 
woodguru wrote:
No, we are not talking by himself, we are talking group huddles and prayers...praise be to Allah

You hit the nail on the head, religion is about whatever you do you do it privately with yourself...

Not group huddles and prayers, what are those who do not believe in god supposed to do when a coach calls for group prayers?


The coach did not call for "group prayer" !!!

The coach prayed after the game silently by himself with no coercion upon other teammates.

Get the story straight before you post.

Interestingly, the Muslims (2 billion of them) joined the Catholic Church (amongst 2 billion Christians) on restoring the family unit as the building block of society when confronting the United Nations Limited Population Growth Society and Agenda 21 to eliminate 3/4ths the world population for a "sustainable planet."

Who is first, Woody? Who is fit to weigh your worth?

The government should never be in charge of who lives and who dies.

Oh, and please don't cite the Taliban and fake Muslim fundamentalists of Mullahs as a religion, or the Reverend Jim Jones, or Bhagwan when they are communists that have hijacked a religion. Every religion has its Jim & Tammy Bakers.

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 19:19:01   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
woodguru wrote:
No, we are not talking by himself, we are talking group huddles and prayers...praise be to Allah

You hit the nail on the head, religion is about whatever you do you do it privately with yourself...

Not group huddles and prayers, what are those who do not believe in god supposed to do when a coach calls for group prayers?


You're wrong on both fronts here, Scooter.
I'm not gonna argue what is real, and what your mind sees as real.
Facts are facts, Skippy!

Reply
 
 
Jun 28, 2022 19:20:05   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
CounterRevolutionary wrote:
The coach did not call for "group prayer" !!!

The coach prayed after the game silently by himself with no coercion upon other teammates.

Get the story straight before you post.

Interestingly, the Muslims (2 billion of them) joined the Catholic Church (amongst 2 billion Christians) on restoring the family unit as the building block of society when confronting the United Nations Limited Population Growth Society and Agenda 21 to eliminate 3/4ths the world population for a "sustainable planet."

Who is first, Woody? Who is fit to weigh your worth?

The government should never be in charge of who lives and who dies.

Oh, and please don't cite the Taliban and fake Muslim fundamentalists of Mullahs as a religion, or the Reverend Jim Jones, or Bhagwan when they are communists that have hijacked a religion. Every religion has its Jim & Tammy Bakers.
The coach did not call for "group prayer"... (show quote)


Straight facts right there!!

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 19:28:53   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
woodguru wrote:
It's not one person praying, that is fine, it's the group huddle thing that infringes on other's rights not to participate

And you would find it highly offensive of a muslim coach called the players over for a praise be to allah...wouldn't you?
DMF, do you have any evidence that any member of the team was offended?
If so, was the teammate forced to participate?

The free exercise of religion means exactly what it says.
And, please explain what must occur within a TEAM to make it a winner.

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 22:47:23   #
robertv3
 
woodguru wrote:
I just saw where a Muslim religious figure was posting on social media about having prayers to Allah at school sports events...

That is what the supreme court just said is perfectly acceptable, unless you for some reason believe that religious freedoms only apply to christians?


Group prayer or group religious observances belong in places of worship (such as churches, synagogues, mosques, religious pagodas, and temples) (or, of course, sometimes in private homes), and maybe _only_ in such places.

Your example is pretty good, if it's a public school event.

If there is any noticeable praying at such an event, it should be assumed that no-one else in attendance shares the prayer's religion, whether they look like they're praying or not.

And, no-one (not even young children attending by themselves) should feel any social pressure about conforming or not conforming, to the praying procedure. Probably the only way to accomplish this, which is true freedom of religion, is to not have public prayers at all.

Reply
Jun 28, 2022 23:29:03   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
robertv3 wrote:
Group prayer or group religious observances belong in places of worship (such as churches, synagogues, mosques, religious pagodas, and temples) (or, of course, sometimes in private homes), and maybe _only_ in such places.

Your example is pretty good, if it's a public school event.

If there is any noticeable praying at such an event, it should be assumed that no-one else in attendance shares the prayer's religion, whether they look like they're praying or not.

And, no-one (not even young children attending by themselves) should feel any social pressure about conforming or not conforming, to the praying procedure. Probably the only way to accomplish this, which is true freedom of religion, is to not have public prayers at all.
Group prayer or group religious observances belong... (show quote)


Yeah.......sure thing........

BUT!
IT IS DEMANDED that we all celebrate homosexuality for the entire month of June. Correct?
FK off!!

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.