One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
This version of a great song seems worthy of a little time spent listening..
May 11, 2022 11:28:46   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
never heard of this group, nor can I pronounce the name.. but give it a listen..


Sound of Silence....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q

Reply
May 11, 2022 12:28:58   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
permafrost wrote:
never heard of this group, nor can I pronounce the name.. but give it a listen..


Sound of Silence....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q


I liked that Permi! Kinda like the ancient version of the harmonica, and a guy blowing on a jug.

It would prolly blow your mind to know my musical interests! They are all over the map. My truck holds 6 CD's, and they range from hard rock, country, bluegrass, and the Celtic Women. I can't stand rap, so, that's out.
Not sure what a geezer like you would be into, but I really like this guy. And not for the obvious reasons. He writes, and sings good songs.

https://youtu.be/vsQzw_Ax8Cw

Reply
May 11, 2022 13:01:54   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
archie bunker wrote:
I liked that Permi! Kinda like the ancient version of the harmonica, and a guy blowing on a jug.

It would prolly blow your mind to know my musical interests! They are all over the map. My truck holds 6 CD's, and they range from hard rock, country, bluegrass, and the Celtic Women. I can't stand rap, so, that's out.
Not sure what a geezer like you would be into, but I really like this guy. And not for the obvious reasons. He writes, and sings good songs.

https://youtu.be/vsQzw_Ax8Cw
I liked that Permi! Kinda like the ancient version... (show quote)


Quite a choice archie,, Arron Lewis.. I will watch for him..

Blowing on a jug.. just the thought I had. and selection of music, yes, I like all those... and very much share your distain for RAP.. I recall the first time I heard RAP, at a club in Long Beach, not far off Pendleton, they only used it to highlight the start and end of break time. Worked well for that..

Bluegrass.. some years ago the had a yearly event not far from us and we attended a couple.. was very good, ended for no reason I could see..

Reply
 
 
May 11, 2022 13:35:01   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
permafrost wrote:
Quite a choice archie,, Arron Lewis.. I will watch for him..

Blowing on a jug.. just the thought I had. and selection of music, yes, I like all those... and very much share your distain for RAP.. I recall the first time I heard RAP, at a club in Long Beach, not far off Pendleton, they only used it to highlight the start and end of break time. Worked well for that..

Bluegrass.. some years ago the had a yearly event not far from us and we attended a couple.. was very good, ended for no reason I could see..
Quite a choice archie,, Arron Lewis.. I will watch... (show quote)


Check out these guys! I like em!

https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

Reply
May 11, 2022 13:45:24   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
archie bunker wrote:
Check out these guys! I like em!

https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc


Those finlanders as seagulls can do it all.. but I will counter with a real Star trek hero... singing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC35cQKHwzg

Reply
May 11, 2022 13:59:50   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
permafrost wrote:
Those finlanders as seagulls can do it all.. but I will counter with a real Star trek hero... singing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC35cQKHwzg


Damn...that was bad!

How bout some reality?

https://youtu.be/4lxINyZxbgU

Reply
May 11, 2022 15:21:09   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
archie bunker wrote:
Damn...that was bad!

How bout some reality?

https://youtu.be/4lxINyZxbgU
img src="https://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/ima... (show quote)


OMG!!!! That was ,, so real....

never will I equal that but let me see what I can come up with.... if anything..

Hang loose.....

Reply
 
 
May 11, 2022 17:33:00   #
One Patriot
 
permafrost wrote:
never heard of this group, nor can I pronounce the name.. but give it a listen..


Sound of Silence....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q


Hello permafrost, I hope you’re having a great day. I just watched your post, that was awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Reply
May 11, 2022 17:38:21   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
One Patriot wrote:
Hello permafrost, I hope you’re having a great day. I just watched your post, that was awesome! Thank you for sharing.


Nice to read.. thank you..

Reply
May 11, 2022 17:48:26   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
One Patriot wrote:
Hello permafrost, I hope you’re having a great day. I just watched your post, that was awesome! Thank you for sharing.


Ole Permi's alright for a curmudgeon! And, he likes music too! Who knew?

https://youtu.be/m1vRvW3QUys

Reply
May 12, 2022 07:14:45   #
Rose42
 
permafrost wrote:
never heard of this group, nor can I pronounce the name.. but give it a listen..


Sound of Silence....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q


Nice! Check this one out perm. I’d never heard of these guys. Its really good too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 11:25:11   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Rose42 wrote:
Nice! Check this one out perm. I’d never heard of these guys. Its really good too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUCNnhH03Q



Thank you Rose.. that is lovely. One of my favorite songs and done with such unique instruments..I have never seen flutes like those before..

Nice to start this late morning..

Have a nice day.. enjoy it well..

Reply
May 12, 2022 11:27:53   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
archie bunker wrote:
Ole Permi's alright for a curmudgeon! And, he likes music too! Who knew?

https://youtu.be/m1vRvW3QUys


I may have found a new radio show... if I can git it up here in the near wilderness..

good morning and have a great day archie..

Reply
May 12, 2022 11:33:54   #
Rose42
 
permafrost wrote:
Thank you Rose.. that is lovely. One of my favorite songs and done with such unique instruments..I have never seen flutes like those before..

Nice to start this late morning..

Have a nice day.. enjoy it well..


You have a great day perm! That is also one of my favorites.

Reply
May 12, 2022 11:49:35   #
permafrost Loc: Minnesota
 
Rose42 wrote:
You have a great day perm! That is also one of my favorites.



Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.