One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
Query
Apr 30, 2022 19:42:08   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Which was created first, mankind or the animals???

Reply
Apr 30, 2022 20:00:23   #
Parky60 Loc: People's Republic of Illinois
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Which was created first, mankind or the animals???

It's not that difficult to find canuckus. Why are you so lazy when it comes to bible study yet you have read the Q'ran several times?

Genesis 1:21; 23
God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves on the fifth day.

Genesis 1:24-27
24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind"; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them on the sixth day.

Reply
Apr 30, 2022 20:03:25   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Parky60 wrote:
It's not that difficult to find canuckus. Why are you so lazy when it comes to bible study yet you have read the Q'ran several times?

Genesis 1:21; 23
God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves on the fifth day.

Genesis 1:24-27
24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind"; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them on the sixth day.
It's not that difficult to find canuckus. Why are ... (show quote)


That's what I thought... A rather easy question with an answer right on the first page....

But then the guy I was engaging with came back with Genesis 2:19...

Reply
 
 
May 1, 2022 06:37:34   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
That's what I thought... A rather easy question with an answer right on the first page....

But then the guy I was engaging with came back with Genesis 2:19...


There are two versions of the story of creation in Genesis which generally concur in the main points (God created everything, all was good, until the will of man chose disobedience) but possibly diverge in chronology. This may be due to translation (if you insert the word HAD into "the Lord God ___ made the animals..." it changes everything).

Or it could be that since these things occurred before the Fall they were not subject to time as we experience it but rather they were/are events in the timelessness of eternity.

Reply
May 1, 2022 07:17:16   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
There are two versions of the story of creation in Genesis which generally concur in the main points (God created everything, all was good, until the will of man chose disobedience) but possibly diverge in chronology. This may be due to translation (if you insert the word HAD into "the Lord God ___ made the animals..." it changes everything).

Or it could be that since these things occurred before the Fall they were not subject to time as we experience it but rather they were/are events in the timelessness of eternity.
There are two versions of the story of creation in... (show quote)


Good point about the grammar...Thanks

Reply
May 1, 2022 08:32:26   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Good Morning, Canuckus,

Nothing is easy.

Quiz those whom you "engage" as to their understanding of the order in which numbers are purposefully arranged, Genesis 2 following Genesis 1, and all...

The Bible is God's self-revelation to humanity, without which there is much we would have never known.

Because of man's innate proclivity to deny truth, reiteration has always been a mainstay of instruction.

"Have ye not known? have ye not heard? Hath it not been told you from the beginning? Have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?" Isaiah 40:21

"Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not;" Isaiah 43:8,
"Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears;" Isaiah 43:17,

As an aside, a vital truth being cast asunder at present in our culture and around the globe throughout the "civilized world," (encompasses those whom God created, now rapidly devolving into savage, technologically aware, previously enlightened, creatures loving darkness) which vitally needs this emphasis of repetition is Matthew 19:4-6: "And He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, 'Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female?'"
and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

God's revelation in Genesis was gradual, each additional truth building upon His previously revealed truth, 1) "So God created mankind in his own image,
2) in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them" ( Genesis 1:27 ).

and regarding the animals of your engagee's concern:

In Genesis, Chapter 1, day by day, God created the universe and its contents. God created the universe out of nothing ... in describing the Creation, brevity and ellipsis (omission of a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding) are deliberately employed just as in many other topics.

On day 1: God created the universe, light, and Earth.
On day 2: God created the separation between the Earth and the upper atmosphere.
On day 3: God separated the continents from the oceans, and created plants.
On day 4: God created the sun, moon, and stars.
On day 5: God created birds and fish.
On day 6: God created animals, and then people.
On day 7: God ceased creating, - demonstrating the necessity of rest.

Genesis 1:25 "God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that crawls upon the earth according to its kind
Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Specificity - Detail - Clarification:

Genesis 2:7 "Then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, where He placed the man He had formed.
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and He brought them to the man to see what he would name each one. And whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

Religious truths, claims, and duties require constant reiteration. The work of the wise instructor can be put into three words - "clarify," "simplify," and "repeat."

As I'm sure you are aware, Historical observation and experience have proven the necessity of such perpetual repetition.

Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
1. Which was created first, mankind or the animals???

2. That's what I thought... A rather easy question with an answer right on the first page....

But then the guy I was engaging with came back with Genesis 2:19...

Reply
May 1, 2022 08:51:55   #
PeterS
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Which was created first, mankind or the animals???

Loaded question, mankind is an animal.

Reply
 
 
May 1, 2022 10:02:10   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
PeterS wrote:
Loaded question, mankind is an animal.


No, they are not... though some, of their own free will, choose more punctiliously than others to imitate them.

Reply
May 1, 2022 12:20:55   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
PeterS wrote:
Loaded question, mankind is an animal.


No, mankind is formed in the image and likeness of God. None of the animals nor plants are formed thus.

The unique, God-like quality that we possess is free will. We can choose to love, or not. This great gift gives us the capacity for true love.

It's true that animals can love, but not in the same ways that God and His children love. With animals it's more of a genetic trait, they cannot choose to not love their god/master/mistress/mate/offspring/etc.

Of course when mental illness is involved, all bets are off.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.