One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Leaning Left
Projection and the Republicans
Apr 13, 2022 20:31:15   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
There is nothing more comical, yet dangerous, than the projection practiced by the Republican party. Let's start with a definition:

projection: the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds. For example, individuals who are in a self-critical state, consciously or unconsciously, may think that other people are critical of them.

The first example: the 'stolen election' narrative. Donald Trump laid the foundation for that narrative in 2016 by proclaiming that he would not, could not, accept defeat. The right liked that and bought in. Trump won so the election couldn't have been stolen. But 2020 is a different story. Trump lost and the stolen election narrative began to take root in the Republican psyche.

Ironically, after all the court cases and investigations it has become clear: president Trump and his backers were engaged in multiple plots to steal the American election in 2020. Projection.

Second, the war on 'cancel culture': it's no surprise to anyone posting on OPP that the right would like nothing better than to shut down liberal and progressive thinking. Calling all with different opinions than their own on American politics fools, liars, un-American, communist, etc. shows that the right is quite willing to suppress and cancel all thinking that does not follow the party line. 'Cancelling' is one of the right's favorite activities. Remember.....don't say gay or be subject to cancelling.

Third, critical race theory or CRT: this could be put under cancel culture, but given our history the topic deserves it's own paragraph. Republican mis-information on what critical race theory actually entails covers was shown by Mike Pence who claimed that CRT was state sponsored racism. Strangely enough, it's Republican states that are practicing state sponsored racism by making it harder for black Americans and other people of color to vote. By limiting the number of voting areas in urban areas and creating long lines, citizens are forced to choose between losing a days wages or voting. CRT, or creating racial tension, is one of the backbones of Republican policy. Claiming the Dems are racist is classic projection.

Fourth, law and order: Republicans been hounding on Dems like the Clintons, Obamas, and Bidens as 'crime families' without considering their own. The denizens of the Trump administration ignore supoenas and the corruption of their leader. They harp on Hunter without ever once mentioning Ivanka and Don Jr and their trading on their political family name. They talk about voter fraud without ever mentioning the many Republicans, including Trump's chief of staff, for being investigated for voter fraud. At least 5 folks from the Villages in Florida have been sentenced (though lightly) for that very issue. Don't forget the California man who claimed someone voted in his dead wife's name. Turns out it was him.

So I'm thinking everything they say about Democrats is a signal for investigating Republicans. Projection.

I think I'll have a Billy beer.

Reply
Apr 13, 2022 22:15:29   #
valkyrierider Loc: Florida "Land of Trump"
 
Rotten beer for a rotten mind. Go get checked for CWD.

Reply
Apr 13, 2022 23:05:32   #
RascalRiley Loc: Canada
 
valkyrierider wrote:
Rotten beer for a rotten mind. Go get checked for CWD.

You know it is all true, so you toss of a couple of insult. 😂

Reply
 
 
Apr 14, 2022 07:17:45   #
Rose42
 
working class stiff wrote:
There is nothing more comical, yet dangerous, than the projection practiced by the Republican party. Let's start with a definition:

projection: the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds. For example, individuals who are in a self-critical state, consciously or unconsciously, may think that other people are critical of them.

The first example: the 'stolen election' narrative. Donald Trump laid the foundation for that narrative in 2016 by proclaiming that he would not, could not, accept defeat. The right liked that and bought in. Trump won so the election couldn't have been stolen. But 2020 is a different story. Trump lost and the stolen election narrative began to take root in the Republican psyche.

Ironically, after all the court cases and investigations it has become clear: president Trump and his backers were engaged in multiple plots to steal the American election in 2020. Projection.

Second, the war on 'cancel culture': it's no surprise to anyone posting on OPP that the right would like nothing better than to shut down liberal and progressive thinking. Calling all with different opinions than their own on American politics fools, liars, un-American, communist, etc. shows that the right is quite willing to suppress and cancel all thinking that does not follow the party line. 'Cancelling' is one of the right's favorite activities. Remember.....don't say gay or be subject to cancelling.

Third, critical race theory or CRT: this could be put under cancel culture, but given our history the topic deserves it's own paragraph. Republican mis-information on what critical race theory actually entails covers was shown by Mike Pence who claimed that CRT was state sponsored racism. Strangely enough, it's Republican states that are practicing state sponsored racism by making it harder for black Americans and other people of color to vote. By limiting the number of voting areas in urban areas and creating long lines, citizens are forced to choose between losing a days wages or voting. CRT, or creating racial tension, is one of the backbones of Republican policy. Claiming the Dems are racist is classic projection.

Fourth, law and order: Republicans been hounding on Dems like the Clintons, Obamas, and Bidens as 'crime families' without considering their own. The denizens of the Trump administration ignore supoenas and the corruption of their leader. They harp on Hunter without ever once mentioning Ivanka and Don Jr and their trading on their political family name. They talk about voter fraud without ever mentioning the many Republicans, including Trump's chief of staff, for being investigated for voter fraud. At least 5 folks from the Villages in Florida have been sentenced (though lightly) for that very issue. Don't forget the California man who claimed someone voted in his dead wife's name. Turns out it was him.

So I'm thinking everything they say about Democrats is a signal for investigating Republicans. Projection.

I think I'll have a Billy beer.
There is nothing more comical, yet dangerous, than... (show quote)


While that is certainly true for some it is not true for all. However the divide is widening. Its sad.

We need a viable third party. Maybe then our two dysfunctional ones would remember they work for us.

Is Billy beer still around?

Reply
Apr 14, 2022 07:59:49   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
Rose42 wrote:
While that is certainly true for some it is not true for all. However the divide is widening. Its sad.

We need a viable third party. Maybe then our two dysfunctional ones would remember they work for us.

Is Billy beer still around?


Glad you got the Billy beer reference. It points out that this sort of family profiting from political fame has been around forever.

Agree about an alternative party, though, as you say, it appears harder and harder to bridge the widening gap.

Reply
Apr 14, 2022 16:11:16   #
valkyrierider Loc: Florida "Land of Trump"
 
RascalRiley wrote:
You know it is all true, so you toss of a couple of insult. 😂


True my ass. Everything you said was a lie.

Reply
May 11, 2022 19:23:59   #
jelun
 
Excellent explanation for rational minds to ponder. Thank you.


working class stiff wrote:
There is nothing more comical, yet dangerous, than the projection practiced by the Republican party. Let's start with a definition:

projection: the mental process by which people attribute to others what is in their own minds. For example, individuals who are in a self-critical state, consciously or unconsciously, may think that other people are critical of them.

The first example: the 'stolen election' narrative. Donald Trump laid the foundation for that narrative in 2016 by proclaiming that he would not, could not, accept defeat. The right liked that and bought in. Trump won so the election couldn't have been stolen. But 2020 is a different story. Trump lost and the stolen election narrative began to take root in the Republican psyche.

Ironically, after all the court cases and investigations it has become clear: president Trump and his backers were engaged in multiple plots to steal the American election in 2020. Projection.

Second, the war on 'cancel culture': it's no surprise to anyone posting on OPP that the right would like nothing better than to shut down liberal and progressive thinking. Calling all with different opinions than their own on American politics fools, liars, un-American, communist, etc. shows that the right is quite willing to suppress and cancel all thinking that does not follow the party line. 'Cancelling' is one of the right's favorite activities. Remember.....don't say gay or be subject to cancelling.

Third, critical race theory or CRT: this could be put under cancel culture, but given our history the topic deserves it's own paragraph. Republican mis-information on what critical race theory actually entails covers was shown by Mike Pence who claimed that CRT was state sponsored racism. Strangely enough, it's Republican states that are practicing state sponsored racism by making it harder for black Americans and other people of color to vote. By limiting the number of voting areas in urban areas and creating long lines, citizens are forced to choose between losing a days wages or voting. CRT, or creating racial tension, is one of the backbones of Republican policy. Claiming the Dems are racist is classic projection.

Fourth, law and order: Republicans been hounding on Dems like the Clintons, Obamas, and Bidens as 'crime families' without considering their own. The denizens of the Trump administration ignore supoenas and the corruption of their leader. They harp on Hunter without ever once mentioning Ivanka and Don Jr and their trading on their political family name. They talk about voter fraud without ever mentioning the many Republicans, including Trump's chief of staff, for being investigated for voter fraud. At least 5 folks from the Villages in Florida have been sentenced (though lightly) for that very issue. Don't forget the California man who claimed someone voted in his dead wife's name. Turns out it was him.

So I'm thinking everything they say about Democrats is a signal for investigating Republicans. Projection.

I think I'll have a Billy beer.
There is nothing more comical, yet dangerous, than... (show quote)

Reply
 
 
May 11, 2022 19:25:42   #
jelun
 
It's all they know to do. The ability to create logical and cogent arguments are beyond so many on the right.


RascalRiley wrote:
You know it is all true, so you toss of a couple of insult. 😂

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Leaning Left
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.