One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
Those who forget the past are...blessed.
Feb 12, 2022 16:05:49   #
rumitoid
 
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--there is no past or future. We can know as much as we can of truth only in the moment.

To assign judgments and values to our past is the most dangerous form of wrongful possession. There are no precedents in faith. In a way, Truth is always new, how we have evolved in Christ. Through sanctification, as a commenter said in another thread, we lose the importance of our history, the worldly drama of the past. It is worldliness to seek answers from who we were yesterday or years ago. There are no lessons, zero, to be learned from what is dead and gone.

This moment's spirit and grace is all to consider, surrender to. The world teaches us nothing. There is no wisdom from the world, except to see God in all things, which is not directly a lesson from the world. It's values are contrary to the way of Christ, it's ideals radically different from the way of Christ.

Who we are, our basic nature and learned nuture, is a false self, not the Original Self God created and intended. Our encounter with the world has only helped to distort who are in essence. All the world can tell us about life is a lie. Love keeps no records of wrongs, or even rights.

Reply
Feb 13, 2022 22:08:11   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--there is no past or future. We can know as much as we can of truth only in the moment.

To assign judgments and values to our past is the most dangerous form of wrongful possession. There are no precedents in faith. In a way, Truth is always new, how we have evolved in Christ. Through sanctification, as a commenter said in another thread, we lose the importance of our history, the worldly drama of the past. It is worldliness to seek answers from who we were yesterday or years ago. There are no lessons, zero, to be learned from what is dead and gone.

This moment's spirit and grace is all to consider, surrender to. The world teaches us nothing. There is no wisdom from the world, except to see God in all things, which is not directly a lesson from the world. It's values are contrary to the way of Christ, it's ideals radically different from the way of Christ.

Who we are, our basic nature and learned nuture, is a false self, not the Original Self God created and intended. Our encounter with the world has only helped to distort who are in essence. All the world can tell us about life is a lie. Love keeps no records of wrongs, or even rights.
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--... (show quote)


Heed Zemirah’s advice - meditate on written scripture. I would add- get away from the unbiblical hyper grace. What you write is not Christianity.

Reply
Feb 14, 2022 09:30:24   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
rumitoid wrote:
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--there is no past or future. We can know as much as we can of truth only in the moment.

To assign judgments and values to our past is the most dangerous form of wrongful possession. There are no precedents in faith. In a way, Truth is always new, how we have evolved in Christ. Through sanctification, as a commenter said in another thread, we lose the importance of our history, the worldly drama of the past. It is worldliness to seek answers from who we were yesterday or years ago. There are no lessons, zero, to be learned from what is dead and gone.

This moment's spirit and grace is all to consider, surrender to. The world teaches us nothing. There is no wisdom from the world, except to see God in all things, which is not directly a lesson from the world. It's values are contrary to the way of Christ, it's ideals radically different from the way of Christ.

Who we are, our basic nature and learned nuture, is a false self, not the Original Self God created and intended. Our encounter with the world has only helped to distort who are in essence. All the world can tell us about life is a lie. Love keeps no records of wrongs, or even rights.
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--... (show quote)


Back this up with scriptures!

You are so wrong…..we learn from our mistakes and failures. Does an alcoholic/drug attic not learn from the heartache that he/she caused loved ones? A person must face his/her past in order to change and become the person that God intended or hoped that we would become after accepting his sacrifice on the cross. Love alone will not save anyone.

Reply
 
 
Feb 14, 2022 11:49:19   #
rumitoid
 
Rose42 wrote:
Heed Zemirah’s advice - meditate on written scripture. I would add- get away from the unbiblical hyper grace. What you write is not Christianity.


I have no clue what "hyper-grace" is, and I never mentioned it nor promoted it. It is a strawman. But thank you for the concern.

Reply
Feb 14, 2022 11:57:53   #
rumitoid
 
TexaCan wrote:
Back this up with scriptures!

You are so wrong…..we learn from our mistakes and failures. Does an alcoholic/drug attic not learn from the heartache that he/she caused loved ones? A person must face his/her past in order to change and become the person that God intended or hoped that we would become after accepting his sacrifice on the cross. Love alone will not save anyone.


Good comments, but if you truly knew Scripture you could do one of two things: a) know that I am true to Scripture with quote marks; b) refute what I have said thru Scripture. Sorry, your passion for strawman building should be replaced with solid arguments from the word. You try to rebut me without without chapter and verse; take your own advice.

Reply
Feb 14, 2022 15:28:42   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
I have no clue what "hyper-grace" is, and I never mentioned it nor promoted it. It is a strawman. But thank you for the concern.


I wrote a thread about it a while back with numerous scriptural references, linked to it a while ago, Texacan wrote about it and Zemirah touched on it.

A while ago you mentioned a book to read that was written by someone who promotes hyper grace. Whether or not you know the label its what you’re promoting. You should look into it

Reply
Feb 14, 2022 15:29:44   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
Good comments, but if you truly knew Scripture you could do one of two things: a) know that I am true to Scripture with quote marks; b) refute what I have said thru Scripture. Sorry, your passion for strawman building should be replaced with solid arguments from the word. You try to rebut me without without chapter and verse; take your own advice.


Your comments have been refuted many times with scripture but you ignore it.

Reply
 
 
Feb 14, 2022 17:16:24   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
What are you studying?

What Christ emphasized, He emphasized 2,000 + years ago.

It is as valid today as on the day He spoke.

The essence of Zen Buddhism is extolled as the state of "being" (in the moment)... - "achieving enlightenment by seeing one's original mind [?] (or original nature [?]) directly; without the intervention of the intellect."

"Practitioners of Zen Meditation place special attention upon the breath and the breathing process to clear the mind and anchor themselves within the "now," or present moment."

No Zen master is sure, or at least, will admit, how that works, exactly, because Zen maintains that "discriminatory knowledge of any kind is delusory/illusory in nature."

It is unadulterated occultism.

Deliberately emptying the mind allows Satan access, without invitation, and he is delighted to oblige, -

The Holy Spirit on the other hand is a perfect gentleman, and will not enter, uninvited.

God's Scriptures unfailingly references the wisdom of knowing the past; recording historically accurate past information, dates, names, family trees, placesites, cities, nations, weather phenomenon - earthquakes, storms...

1st Corinthians 10:6-11
"6 Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did.
7 Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.”
8 We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day.
9 We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents,
10 nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer.
11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. "

Romans 15:4 "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."


rumitoid wrote:
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--there is no past or future. We can know as much as we can of truth only in the moment.

To assign judgments and values to our past is the most dangerous form of wrongful possession. There are no precedents in faith. In a way, Truth is always new, how we have evolved in Christ. Through sanctification, as a commenter said in another thread, we lose the importance of our history, the worldly drama of the past. It is worldliness to seek answers from who we were yesterday or years ago. There are no lessons, zero, to be learned from what is dead and gone.

This moment's spirit and grace is all to consider, surrender to. The world teaches us nothing. There is no wisdom from the world, except to see God in all things, which is not directly a lesson from the world. It's values are contrary to the way of Christ, it's ideals radically different from the way of Christ.

Who we are, our basic nature and learned nuture, is a false self, not the Original Self God created and intended. Our encounter with the world has only helped to distort who are in essence. All the world can tell us about life is a lie. Love keeps no records of wrongs, or even rights.
In my studies, I feel that Christ emphasized now--... (show quote)

Reply
Feb 14, 2022 20:36:27   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
rumitoid wrote:
Good comments, but if you truly knew Scripture you could do one of two things: a) know that I am true to Scripture with quote marks; b) refute what I have said thru Scripture. Sorry, your passion for strawman building should be replaced with solid arguments from the word. You try to rebut me without without chapter and verse; take your own advice.


Refute what you stated with scriptures? 🤯 How ridiculous can you be……You provided absolutely no scriptural evidence for your comments, as usual! Did you not claim to be an experienced debater?

Why not just be honest and admit that much of your philosophy does not come from the Bible……it’s just your opinion! 😎

Reply
Feb 17, 2022 15:15:46   #
Marty 2020 Loc: Banana Republic of Kalifornia
 
Ephesians 4:11-13 explains how we gain knowledge and wisdom. The other way is to be a prophet of The Most High. You’re probably not one of those.
And you’re probably not an apostle, seeing how you’re probably not over 2000 years old.
So if you know anything, it’s from the church, the body of Christ.
Or you’ve advanced to the level that you have a two way connection with the HS. I ask giant questions and get teeny tiny answers. Or maybe not.
If you were taught, you can teach.
Mostly, our teachers are all dead now and in heaven. There’s nothing new under the sun. History teaches, period.
I think you probably knew all this, but like everyone, you made a mistake.
Admit it, confess it, move on.
Next step…

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.