One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Metaphysics and the Paranormal
How Would You React If Confronted By A Frightening Paranormal Manifestation?
Page 1 of 2 next>
Feb 4, 2022 17:18:18   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
I was tested twice, and both times reacted in similar ways.

Both times I was in my mid forties, feeling well, alert. Although this all happened 20 years ago, I recall the events vividly.

Once upon a Christmas Eve Night I was alone in my house at midnight. My wife had gone to a Universalist Church service and she forbid me from going with her. Our sons were out and about. I was cleaning the house after the day's events.

I carried some items down to the basement family room, which is finished and nice. But still, descending down to a basement at midnight is inherently creepy. Sure enough, I detected movement out of the corner of my eye.

I felt my chest do something as my adrenaline flowed and my heart began to speed. I turned my body towards the source of my fright. That was significant. Taking a confrontational stance instead of fleeing.

Immediately I saw a small toy teddy bear across the room in the act of turning towards me. I felt my skin turn to goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Teddy stopped and stared at me, unsmiling.

I walked towards it, thinking "this is IT!" SCIENCE! Observations; temp normal, no odors or sounds...wait...

Is the toy electronic? Does it have an attract mode?

I advanced, no longer frightened (but bold nonetheless), and picked up the toy.

Whew! A three position switch on the bottom. OFF- PLAY- ON.

The toy was in the PLAY mode. I turned it off and went upstairs.

I analyzed the event and decided I felt good about my reaction. One doesn't know how one will react in such a situation until it really happens.

I will relate to you another one soon, and I am hoping to see other's posts of paranormal experiences.

Reply
Feb 5, 2022 09:53:40   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
I was tested twice, and both times reacted in similar ways.

Both times I was in my mid forties, feeling well, alert. Although this all happened 20 years ago, I recall the events vividly.

Once upon a Christmas Eve Night I was alone in my house at midnight. My wife had gone to a Universalist Church service and she forbid me from going with her. Our sons were out and about. I was cleaning the house after the day's events.

I carried some items down to the basement family room, which is finished and nice. But still, descending down to a basement at midnight is inherently creepy. Sure enough, I detected movement out of the corner of my eye.

I felt my chest do something as my adrenaline flowed and my heart began to speed. I turned my body towards the source of my fright. That was significant. Taking a confrontational stance instead of fleeing.

Immediately I saw a small toy teddy bear across the room in the act of turning towards me. I felt my skin turn to goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Teddy stopped and stared at me, unsmiling.

I walked towards it, thinking "this is IT!" SCIENCE! Observations; temp normal, no odors or sounds...wait...

Is the toy electronic? Does it have an attract mode?

I advanced, no longer frightened (but bold nonetheless), and picked up the toy.

Whew! A three position switch on the bottom. OFF- PLAY- ON.

The toy was in the PLAY mode. I turned it off and went upstairs.

I analyzed the event and decided I felt good about my reaction. One doesn't know how one will react in such a situation until it really happens.

I will relate to you another one soon, and I am hoping to see other's posts of paranormal experiences.
I was tested twice, and both times reacted in simi... (show quote)


Thankfully I only had one encounter of what I believe was a negative encounter…

It was a “vibrational feeling” of eminent evil or danger within my home. It came so suddenly, as if it to announce itself and made me very nervous along with a strong awareness of something being different..

No sounds, no voices, no visual identity, yet fully aware of its presence. Having read before if you have a negative energy encircle you that upon command “in the name of Jesus Christ they must leave” that is exactly what I said. While it was not immediate release I did feel that vibrational impact begin to dissipate… Along with emitting a positive energy of “you are here for help” but not in this form can you be receptive.. It never returned in that first capacity but did again come..Then just stopped altogether..

But I can tell you or will share with you two other encounters that were very positive later..

Reply
Feb 5, 2022 18:16:39   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
lindajoy wrote:
if you have a negative energy encircle you that upon command “in the name of Jesus Christ they must leave” that is exactly what I said. While it was not immediate release I did feel that vibrational impact begin to dissipate… Along with emitting a positive energy of “you are here for help” but not in this form can you be receptive.. It never returned in that first capacity but did again come..Then just stopped altogether..


Thanks Lindajoy, I'm glad that you are no longer tormented by that feeling. You did exactly the right thing. Sometimes folks make the mistake of saying, "I command you in the name of..." thereby forgetting to be humble. Failure results.

Having a fruitful relationship with God, or the UM for readers with that preference, begins of course with belief and then must be built with humility. We have to know, and live in accord with, our unique place in the cosmos.

Basically, the only thing we have going for us is the fact that God loves us. Other than that, we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return".

I am curious to know more about your house and it's history.

Reply
 
 
Feb 5, 2022 22:48:41   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Another scare I had was one night I was soaking in my hot tub in my back yard when I saw an apparition of a woman in white gliding through a pine grove at the edge of my property about 80 feet away from me. She glided soundlessly along in a long white gown, seeming to float a little above the ground.

I sat bolt upright, mesmerized by the sight. Goosebumps and hair standing on end.

Then, suddenly, it all came to an end when the midnight interloper called out, "Maggie!"

For it was only my neighbor out looking for her dog...

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 05:24:18   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
Another scare I had was one night I was soaking in my hot tub in my back yard when I saw an apparition of a woman in white gliding through a pine grove at the edge of my property about 80 feet away from me. She glided soundlessly along in a long white gown, seeming to float a little above the ground.

I sat bolt upright, mesmerized by the sight. Goosebumps and hair standing on end.

Then, suddenly, it all came to an end when the midnight interloper called out, "Maggie!"

For it was only my neighbor out looking for her dog...
Another scare I had was one night I was soaking in... (show quote)


Lolololol now that’s just funny!!

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 08:04:21   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
I was tested twice, and both times reacted in similar ways.

Both times I was in my mid forties, feeling well, alert. Although this all happened 20 years ago, I recall the events vividly.

Once upon a Christmas Eve Night I was alone in my house at midnight. My wife had gone to a Universalist Church service and she forbid me from going with her. Our sons were out and about. I was cleaning the house after the day's events.

I carried some items down to the basement family room, which is finished and nice. But still, descending down to a basement at midnight is inherently creepy. Sure enough, I detected movement out of the corner of my eye.

I felt my chest do something as my adrenaline flowed and my heart began to speed. I turned my body towards the source of my fright. That was significant. Taking a confrontational stance instead of fleeing.

Immediately I saw a small toy teddy bear across the room in the act of turning towards me. I felt my skin turn to goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Teddy stopped and stared at me, unsmiling.

I walked towards it, thinking "this is IT!" SCIENCE! Observations; temp normal, no odors or sounds...wait...

Is the toy electronic? Does it have an attract mode?

I advanced, no longer frightened (but bold nonetheless), and picked up the toy.

Whew! A three position switch on the bottom. OFF- PLAY- ON.

The toy was in the PLAY mode. I turned it off and went upstairs.

I analyzed the event and decided I felt good about my reaction. One doesn't know how one will react in such a situation until it really happens.

I will relate to you another one soon, and I am hoping to see other's posts of paranormal experiences.
I was tested twice, and both times reacted in simi... (show quote)


I got one for you. I'm 9 yrs old and this is the early 70's and my folks and I go to the movie theatre to see this movie......The Boggie Creek Monster! about a Bigfoot.

All during the flick the Monster is being found tearing stuff up and the locals are out hunting it in the woods with guns and one of the good ole boys shoots it with a shotgun. Big mistake.

They are the house getting ready for supper and that thing sticks its long arm in the window and grabs Billy Joe Bob by the neck and goes to shaking him and that did me in. I was terrified.

So I'm laying in the bed the Horn's rent house where we were living at time. It was a great place and had some real age on it so it gave off this really cool vibe but it was old and had a porch swing.

Not a lot of insulation but this was sort of down east North Carolina and most of your problems were heat in the summer. So its summer and I'm laying in the bed can't sleep one night and I see the shadows start to move from the street light against my wall and all I can think about is that Boggie Creek Monster and sure enough a form goes across my wall that looks like he is right outside my window.

I was almost out of breath I was so scared and I knew I had to scream, run or look at what was outside.

So I flipped over in the bed in one motion and looked toward the street light and there he was......

It was the Negro man from down the gravel road peeing next to the grapevine on his way to work.

He almost gave me a heart attack!

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 10:26:54   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
336Robin wrote:
I got one for you. I'm 9 yrs old and this is the early 70's and my folks and I go to the movie theatre to see this movie......The Boggie Creek Monster! about a Bigfoot.

All during the flick the Monster is being found tearing stuff up and the locals are out hunting it in the woods with guns and one of the good ole boys shoots it with a shotgun. Big mistake.

They are the house getting ready for supper and that thing sticks its long arm in the window and grabs Billy Joe Bob by the neck and goes to shaking him and that did me in. I was terrified.

So I'm laying in the bed the Horn's rent house where we were living at time. It was a great place and had some real age on it so it gave off this really cool vibe but it was old and had a porch swing.

Not a lot of insulation but this was sort of down east North Carolina and most of your problems were heat in the summer. So its summer and I'm laying in the bed can't sleep one night and I see the shadows start to move from the street light against my wall and all I can think about is that Boggie Creek Monster and sure enough a form goes across my wall that looks like he is right outside my window.

I was almost out of breath I was so scared and I knew I had to scream, run or look at what was outside.

So I flipped over in the bed in one motion and looked toward the street light and there he was......

It was the Negro man from down the gravel road peeing next to the grapevine on his way to work.

He almost gave me a heart attack!
I got one for you. I'm 9 yrs old and this is the e... (show quote)


Good grief, man!! Lololol

To this day I won’t watch “scary movies” or even listen to the “ scary music” leading up to evil… lolol truth !! If I did I ‘d be sleeping with my Glock right beside me!!

Reply
 
 
Feb 6, 2022 12:45:20   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
lindajoy wrote:
Good grief, man!! Lololol

To this day I won’t watch “scary movies” or even listen to the “ scary music” leading up to evil… lolol truth !! If I did I ‘d be sleeping with my Glock right beside me!!


lol I heard that, well somebody has to protect me! I'd freak if the Boggie Man showed up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvbmZoD8Us

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 13:11:44   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
336Robin wrote:
lol I heard that, well somebody has to protect me! I'd freak if the Boggie Man showed up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvbmZoD8Us


That was pretty tame but I did wonder if you threw in some gory part lolol, was ready to click off in a flash…

Thank you…

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 16:53:15   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
lindajoy wrote:
That was pretty tame but I did wonder if you threw in some gory part lolol, was ready to click off in a flash…

Thank you…


You're welcome. It didn't include the hairy arm coming through the window. I was hoping! lol

Reply
Feb 6, 2022 18:04:15   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
336Robin wrote:
You're welcome. It didn't include the hairy arm coming through the window. I was hoping! lol


That was the concern…

Reply
 
 
Feb 7, 2022 21:56:51   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
336Robin wrote:

So I flipped over in the bed in one motion and looked toward the street light and there he was......

It was the Negro man from down the gravel road peeing next to the grapevine on his way to work.

He almost gave me a heart attack!


😀😃😄👍

Reply
Feb 8, 2022 05:57:44   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
Thanks Lindajoy, I'm glad that you are no longer tormented by that feeling. You did exactly the right thing. Sometimes folks make the mistake of saying, "I command you in the name of..." thereby forgetting to be humble. Failure results.

Having a fruitful relationship with God, or the UM for readers with that preference, begins of course with belief and then must be built with humility. We have to know, and live in accord with, our unique place in the cosmos.

Basically, the only thing we have going for us is the fact that God loves us. Other than that, we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return".

I am curious to know more about your house and it's history.
Thanks Lindajoy, I'm glad that you are no longer t... (show quote)


Thank you…

I must tell you I recently lost a dear friend, mentor, in my humble feelings of him.. He would at times say exactly what you said in closing: we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return"… He had been on my mind, 84 years old with the wisdom of four different businesses he started and successful in each..Not to mention the recitation of learned lifes lesson… Anyway when I read what you said it was almost like you were the vessel used to remind me of the ultimate, in all we Experience and learn in the end it truly is “
we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return".

The home I lived in when this occurred had no special relevance other than being right at 100 years old and built on what was an apple orchid farm… ( Upgraded through its time ) very comfortable but having seen orbs frequently in pictures.. My sister visited and told me she actually saw the image of what appeared to be an Indian..I never saw that but strange in that my son told me he heard soft footsteps a couple of times coming up the stairs he “ thought” to him.. That I had heard myself but did not ever feel negative energy or anything more.. During one of those events I just thought it was time to relay that it was welcomed and asked if there was a specific reason in visiting. Of course I didn’t get an answer but did continue to hear it…. Never bothered me.

Reply
Feb 8, 2022 09:37:43   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
lindajoy wrote:
Thank you…

I must tell you I recently lost a dear friend, mentor, in my humble feelings of him.. He would at times say exactly what you said in closing: we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return"… He had been on my mind, 84 years old with the wisdom of four different businesses he started and successful in each..Not to mention the recitation of learned lifes lesson… Anyway when I read what you said it was almost like you were the vessel used to remind me of the ultimate, in all we Experience and learn in the end it truly is “
we were "made from dust and to dust we shall return".

The home I lived in when this occurred had no special relevance other than being right at 100 years old and built on what was an apple orchid farm… ( Upgraded through its time ) very comfortable but having seen orbs frequently in pictures.. My sister visited and told me she actually saw the image of what appeared to be an Indian..I never saw that but strange in that my son told me he heard soft footsteps a couple of times coming up the stairs he “ thought” to him.. That I had heard myself but did not ever feel negative energy or anything more.. During one of those events I just thought it was time to relay that it was welcomed and asked if there was a specific reason in visiting. Of course I didn’t get an answer but did continue to hear it…. Never bothered me.
Thank you… br br I must tell you I recently lost ... (show quote)


So many people go their entire lives and never connect to the unusual things going on around them. It's good that you were able to recognize what was going on and be okay with it.

I will credit the information available on the internet today with educating people on what to look for and what the possibilities are. It's rare people recognize the little things paranormal that are going on around them. They are absolutely real and your account of your friend reminded me of one I lost 2 months before the Pandemic set in.

When he died he visited me in my dreams and called my name until I woke. There was a mutual respect between us but there was always something interpersonal to deal with on account of a personality disorder he suffered from. Regardless he was a mentor and I loved the guy just sometimes more than others but I got to say the last word when I told a funny story about he and I on a roadtrip to play Pool in the middle of the night. There was something about the guy lovable but yet irritating so you just accepted it. That was him.

I was really close to my Grandfather and I've been visited in my dreams by him many times and these manifestation dreams have come with visual presentations only, sometimes cryptic messages I had to think about in order to figure them out and even a genealogical clue presented in a recurring dream I was unable to shake until I'd found what I believe it was directing me to.

I can't say it didn't bother me because I would wake up crying because the clue evaded me for a number of years.

When I found it I knew it even though it was so subtle and it was like someone released a valve and the recurring dream was gone.

Reply
Feb 8, 2022 10:24:59   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
336Robin wrote:
So many people go their entire lives and never connect to the unusual things going on around them. It's good that you were able to recognize what was going on and be okay with it.

I will credit the information available on the internet today with educating people on what to look for and what the possibilities are. It's rare people recognize the little things paranormal that are going on around them. They are absolutely real and your account of your friend reminded me of one I lost 2 months before the Pandemic set in.

When he died he visited me in my dreams and called my name until I woke. There was a mutual respect between us but there was always something interpersonal to deal with on account of a personality disorder he suffered from. Regardless he was a mentor and I loved the guy just sometimes more than others but I got to say the last word when I told a funny story about he and I on a roadtrip to play Pool in the middle of the night. There was something about the guy lovable but yet irritating so you just accepted it. That was him.

I was really close to my Grandfather and I've been visited in my dreams by him many times and these manifestation dreams have come with visual presentations only, sometimes cryptic messages I had to think about in order to figure them out and even a genealogical clue presented in a recurring dream I was unable to shake until I'd found what I believe it was directing me to.

I can't say it didn't bother me because I would wake up crying because the clue evaded me for a number of years.

When I found it I knew it even though it was so subtle and it was like someone released a valve and the recurring dream was gone.
So many people go their entire lives and never con... (show quote)


Thank you what is sincere post this is I could actually feel ya love me your friend as well as aggravation with him if you don’t mind me using that word. My mentor, Bill , was much the same I loved it in my room and that there were times you could get me so going because of the kindness and his pointed questions that really made me think. And yes, I must’ve meant he was right.

I’ve always had an interest in the app normal or the paranormal or spiritual awareness. I think that’s probably why I sit a little better with it all because there is at least some understanding although there was so much more I wish I knew and then constant search up.

My grandmother came to me often in dreams and I often heard her say my name during the day especially if I was getting upset about something.. I would hear “Linda joy take a deep breath change that thought process.” Or words to that effect. I still visualize her in her vehicle, I used to color the little old lady from Pasadena because she drove like a raving maniac. It’s coming from the most prim and proper New England are you could ever imagine. Think of Katherine Hepburn and I swear to you you will see and hear my grandmother. While I miss her tremendously in the physical sense I feel her every single day.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Metaphysics and the Paranormal
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.