One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
Near Death Experiences--Have you seen any of the videos?
Jan 22, 2022 16:22:04   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
I don't argue much scripture but I'm interested in the messages that people who have had NDE's near death experiences have to tell us.

Have you seen any of them on YouTube?

What did you think about the messages in them?

Did you see that many have great similarites yet also are individualized.

What do you think about the role of NDE's and what happens next when we die?

This is kind of a long one but there are some great messages in it. There are much shorter ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ4V7O6KhI

Reply
Jan 22, 2022 20:03:37   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Are near-death experiences biblical? Examine these experiences in the light of Scripture.

Consider this: Jesus’ death and resurrection are central to any revelation from God. Some people think Paul had a near-death experience on the road to Damascus. Acts 9:3-6 says, “As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ And he said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.’” People say, “Bright light, life change–that is a near-death experience.” But this was not a near-death experience.

First, Paul was very much alive when this happened to him. Second, the light Paul saw was not some metaphysical light; it was a real light that blinded him for days. Third, when Paul told this account to King Agrippa, he never gave any description that resembled a near-death experience. Finally, Jesus gave Paul the mission of preaching the exclusive message of salvation through Him, not some feel-good message that says God loves everybody and everybody is going to Heaven.

That leads to another important consideration: The Bible does not record any near-death experiences. There are biblical accounts of God raising people from the dead, but none of these people told about what they saw on the other side. Consider the Apostle Paul. Referring to himself, Paul said, “I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago – whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows – such a man was caught up to the third heaven” (2 Corinthians 12:2).

The third Heaven is the abode of God. What did Paul see? He said he was “not permitted to speak” (12:4). Think about that. Paul wrote over half of the New Testament. He was the greatest theologian the world has ever known. If God wanted us to have a complete description of what Heaven was like, don’t you think He would have entrusted that revelation to the Apostle Paul? But God said, “Do not write any of it down.”

Why has God restricted the information we have about Heaven? I think what is in store for us is so glorious that human words only diminish the glory of Heaven. It is the same reason God said, “Do not make any graven images of Me, because that diminishes who I really am.” That is why Paul, who had seen Heaven, was able to say, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21).

Very simply, there are no biblical accounts of near-death experiences. God is sovereign, and whatever He wishes to do, He will do, but the rule of measure, His plumb line is the written Word of God, the Bible, and there is within it, no evidence of NDE from which anyone returns with a message of universal salvation that completely contradicts God's Word. Everything we need to know about our eternal home is found in the Bible, and God does not contradict Himself.

The word of God is perfect and complete, giving us all we need to know about Christ, salvation, and godliness.

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you." (Deuteronomy 4:2)

“Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. (Proverbs 30:5-6)


Excerpted from “Have Some People Already Visited Heaven?” by Dr. Robert Jeffress


336Robin wrote:
I don't argue much scripture but I'm interested in the messages that people who have had NDE's near death experiences have to tell us.

Have you seen any of them on YouTube?

What did you think about the messages in them?

Did you see that many have great similarites yet also are individualized.

What do you think about the role of NDE's and what happens next when we die?

This is kind of a long one but there are some great messages in it. There are much shorter ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ4V7O6KhI
I don't argue much scripture but I'm interested in... (show quote)

Reply
Jan 22, 2022 21:36:31   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
Zemirah wrote:
Are near-death experiences biblical? Examine these experiences in the light of Scripture.

Consider this: Jesus’ death and resurrection are central to any revelation from God. Some people think Paul had a near-death experience on the road to Damascus. Acts 9:3-6 says, “As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ And he said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.’” People say, “Bright light, life change–that is a near-death experience.” But this was not a near-death experience.

First, Paul was very much alive when this happened to him. Second, the light Paul saw was not some metaphysical light; it was a real light that blinded him for days. Third, when Paul told this account to King Agrippa, he never gave any description that resembled a near-death experience. Finally, Jesus gave Paul the mission of preaching the exclusive message of salvation through Him, not some feel-good message that says God loves everybody and everybody is going to Heaven.

That leads to another important consideration: The Bible does not record any near-death experiences. There are biblical accounts of God raising people from the dead, but none of these people told about what they saw on the other side. Consider the Apostle Paul. Referring to himself, Paul said, “I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago – whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows – such a man was caught up to the third heaven” (2 Corinthians 12:2).

The third Heaven is the abode of God. What did Paul see? He said he was “not permitted to speak” (12:4). Think about that. Paul wrote over half of the New Testament. He was the greatest theologian the world has ever known. If God wanted us to have a complete description of what Heaven was like, don’t you think He would have entrusted that revelation to the Apostle Paul? But God said, “Do not write any of it down.”

Why has God restricted the information we have about Heaven? I think what is in store for us is so glorious that human words only diminish the glory of Heaven. It is the same reason God said, “Do not make any graven images of Me, because that diminishes who I really am.” That is why Paul, who had seen Heaven, was able to say, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21).

Very simply, there are no biblical accounts of near-death experiences. God is sovereign, and whatever He wishes to do, He will do, but the rule of measure, His plumb line is the written Word of God, the Bible, and there is within it, no evidence of NDE from which anyone returns with a message of universal salvation that completely contradicts God's Word. Everything we need to know about our eternal home is found in the Bible, and God does not contradict Himself.

The word of God is perfect and complete, giving us all we need to know about Christ, salvation, and godliness.

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you." (Deuteronomy 4:2)

“Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. (Proverbs 30:5-6)


Excerpted from “Have Some People Already Visited Heaven?” by Dr. Robert Jeffress
Are near-death experiences biblical? Examine thes... (show quote)



I don't have much to say when someone say's everything we need to know is located in the bible. Then what of the canonization process and why all those other books weren't included?

I only know my spirituality. I would never tell someone what I felt they had to believe because I believed what I did.

I believe there is much I don't know and won't know until its time.

Reply
 
 
Jan 22, 2022 22:59:26   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
I didn't say "everything you need to know is in the Bible." However, everything you need to know about obtaining eternal life through personal Salvation from God through Jesus Christ is found there.

On the other hand, if you're seeking to be a brain surgeon or a rocker scientist, you will need detailed manuscripts addressing that specific field of discipline.

What you choose to believe about "spirituality" is totally your choice, and as I pointed out the "Near Death Experiences" commonly written about, and so much in vogue, are not from Yahweh, the God of the Bible.

Several books were written refuting with Scripture (one by a surgeon) the often heard claim of "positive" Near Death Experiences that was such a fad twenty or so years ago, when a new book of claims was being published weekly.

It was occultism then, it's occultism now, i.e., demonic deception.

The only canonization process that mattered was completed by the end of the 1st century A.D. after the Apostle John finished recording what Jesus revealed to him in "the Revelation to John from Jesus Christ," which became the last book in the Bible, after it was circulated to all the fledgling Congregations of believers in Jesus, as the 26 earlier books of the New Testament had been, and was accepted by them as the voice of Jesus, their Master.

John 10:27-28: [Jesus said] "My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand."

The books that were not accepted were found to have errors, historical, geographical, and/or spiritual, and had been rejected by Jesus' sheep over two hundred years before the church councils were called together by Constantine in the 3rd century to confirm what Jesus' people, - His "called out ones" already knew.

The word “Canon” is the term used to describe the complete number of the books of the Bible – the closed canon of the 66 Books of the Holy Scriptures (27 in the New Testament, 39 in the Old Testament). It is derived from ancient words meaning God's plumb line/ “measuring stick” and is applied here to designate those books that meet the requirements of being accepted as divinely inspired. The Bible then is the Primary standard for measuring God’s truth. It is not truth if it fails to meet the test of the Bible.

The Bible warns against either adding to or subtracting from its contents. In Revelations is a conclusive statement, positional in God’s providence and wisdom, at the Bible’s end.

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." (Revelations 22:18-19)

There is much no one will know before meeting Jesus face to face, but what we need to know, God has provided.


336Robin wrote:
I don't have much to say when someone say's everything we need to know is located in the bible. Then what of the canonization process and why all those other books weren't included?

I only know my spirituality. I would never tell someone what I felt they had to believe because I believed what I did.

I believe there is much I don't know and won't know until its time.

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 08:01:04   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
Zemirah wrote:
I didn't say "everything you need to know is in the Bible." However, everything you need to know about obtaining eternal life through personal Salvation from God through Jesus Christ is found there.

On the other hand, if you're seeking to be a brain surgeon or a rocker scientist, you will need detailed manuscripts addressing that specific field of discipline.

What you choose to believe about "spirituality" is totally your choice, and as I pointed out the "Near Death Experiences" commonly written about, and so much in vogue, are not from Yahweh, the God of the Bible.

Several books were written refuting with Scripture (one by a surgeon) the often heard claim of "positive" Near Death Experiences that was such a fad twenty or so years ago, when a new book of claims was being published weekly.

It was occultism then, it's occultism now, i.e., demonic deception.

The only canonization process that mattered was completed by the end of the 1st century A.D. after the Apostle John finished recording what Jesus revealed to him in "the Revelation to John from Jesus Christ," which became the last book in the Bible, after it was circulated to all the fledgling Congregations of believers in Jesus, as the 26 earlier books of the New Testament had been, and was accepted by them as the voice of Jesus, their Master.

John 10:27-28: [Jesus said] "My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand."

The books that were not accepted were found to have errors, historical, geographical, and/or spiritual, and had been rejected by Jesus' sheep over two hundred years before the church councils were called together by Constantine in the 3rd century to confirm what Jesus' people, - His "called out ones" already knew.

The word “Canon” is the term used to describe the complete number of the books of the Bible – the closed canon of the 66 Books of the Holy Scriptures (27 in the New Testament, 39 in the Old Testament). It is derived from ancient words meaning God's plumb line/ “measuring stick” and is applied here to designate those books that meet the requirements of being accepted as divinely inspired. The Bible then is the Primary standard for measuring God’s truth. It is not truth if it fails to meet the test of the Bible.

The Bible warns against either adding to or subtracting from its contents. In Revelations is a conclusive statement, positional in God’s providence and wisdom, at the Bible’s end.

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." (Revelations 22:18-19)

There is much no one will know before meeting Jesus face to face, but what we need to know, God has provided.
I didn't say "everything you need to know is ... (show quote)


When I talk to you I get the feeling there is a mixture of fundamentalism in your writing. I'm way beyond the fundamentalism that I was brought up with but I'm not near the scholar of the bible that you apparently are.

However I look at much of what the bible says with a different lens than a lot of people but its a lens that was taught to me in Religion 101 where they discuss the Eastern mindset and the Western mindset. How things are said in the Eastern mindset "emblematically" when the Western often interprets them "verbatim."

So with that in mind, there have been many, many versions of the Bible and many, many words have been added, subtracted to the word. So what is the real Bible? There is no definitive answer unless of course we are referring to the fundamentalist belief that the King James Version is the inerrant word of God which is pretty far off if its called the King James Version.

The Council of Nicea were tasked with a job. I'm not positive they weren't under one of those, "I'm going to make you and offer you can't refuse," from the emperor Constantinople and the church hasn't failed to create a control mechanism with religion and use the bible that isn't pure who has had many, many versions to control the flock.

When you do that to people there will come a time when there is an awakening and people are going to search for their own truth and if those conditions were present who is to say the bible is the only text that God had a hand in, when the Church has had its hand in the Bible itself as history has recorded.

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 15:17:08   #
Peewee Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
336Robin wrote:
When I talk to you I get the feeling there is a mixture of fundamentalism in your writing. I'm way beyond the fundamentalism that I was brought up with but I'm not near the scholar of the bible that you apparently are.

However I look at much of what the bible says with a different lens than a lot of people but its a lens that was taught to me in Religion 101 where they discuss the Eastern mindset and the Western mindset. How things are said in the Eastern mindset "emblematically" when the Western often interprets them "verbatim."

So with that in mind, there have been many, many versions of the Bible and many, many words have been added, subtracted to the word. So what is the real Bible? There is no definitive answer unless of course we are referring to the fundamentalist belief that the King James Version is the inerrant word of God which is pretty far off if its called the King James Version.

The Council of Nicea were tasked with a job. I'm not positive they weren't under one of those, "I'm going to make you and offer you can't refuse," from the emperor Constantinople and the church hasn't failed to create a control mechanism with religion and use the bible that isn't pure who has had many, many versions to control the flock.

When you do that to people there will come a time when there is an awakening and people are going to search for their own truth and if those conditions were present who is to say the bible is the only text that God had a hand in, when the Church has had its hand in the Bible itself as history has recorded.
When I talk to you I get the feeling there is a mi... (show quote)


I agree, Constantine is in big trouble. He caused many books to be deleted. As for accuracy, the best bet is the Dead Sea Scrolls. They're the oldest known record of the Bible anywhere. The sad thing is, parts are missing. The good thing is we can find what has been altered over time. And if the rumors are true we now have most, if not all, of the Vatican Library. And suddenly, we are finding many new medical cures. Including the undisclosed and third Fatima prophecy. Thousands were witnesses in Portugal that day and all saw the same things. I doubt it was a lie, too many first-hand witnesses and reports. Disclosure is coming soon. And it will be shocking according to everything I have read. Three days of televised executions and revelations. The EBS alerts were beeping over my car radio and it was turned off. It was very irritating. And it repeated the beeps every two or three minutes.

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 16:04:20   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
I have no idea what rabbit hole you're running down with this 3 days of televised executions and revelations but that seems like way off of what we were discussing.

I'm in no way a fundamentalist, nor do I believe most of the garbage philosophies associated with religion by the religious who think they are doing God's will.

I'm ok with....God is Love....and anything beyond that people tend to interpret the way they want to and I shy from that.

Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2022 22:42:19   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Until and unless you define your terms, such phrases as: "there is a mixture of fundamentalism in your writing" is without meaning.

What do you believe the definition of fundamentalism to be?

In 1909, a twelve volume work titled "The Fundamentals" was published. It's stated purpose was to reaffirm the unchangable fundamentals of the Christian faith by reaffirming the beliefs of Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, and John Wesley... the most prominent voices of the Protestant Reformation, and by enunciating their doctrines which are now known as “fundamentalist.”

Is it to this well known historical reference resource you refer?

Opinions should never be based on "feelings," which are completely subjective and ever changing." Rather, base your opinions on facts, that which is true and would be true even if neither you or I had ever lived.

I am a student of the Bible. I have never truly known anyone who could rightfully be called a Bible scholar, for it carries the connotation of someone who has mastered a subject, in this case Holy Scripture, and no one ever has, other than the Triune Godhead responsible for its creation.

Obviously, when you declare yourself to be "way beyond the fundamentalism with which you were brought up," that has meaning to you.

Whereas casual readers have no idea how you were "brought up," or in what direction you have chosen to move since that time?

Again, the subject is precariously perched on your perception of "fundamentalism."

The world population is the total number of humans currently living, and exceeded 7.9 billion people as of November 2021.

By Eastern mindset and Western mindset, are you referring to the Eastern (Orthodox) Christians, vs. Western (Roman) Christian, or the general world population, including what was once known as the inscrutable oriental mindset of millions of Buddhists, Hindus, etc?

In Japan alone there are over 159 million Shintos... They are neither puppets or zombies. They are 159 million individuals. They do not have the same mindset.

Desktops, Smartphones, Tablets, equipped with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble, Gettr, Tik-Tok, Instagram, etc., have taken the people of the world far past these two mindsets that theoretically once existed.

The supposed stereotypes of Religion #101 have gone into oblivion with those of Psychology #101.

To whom are you referring when you speak of "the church"? Where is it located and who are its members?

The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. As of September 2020 the full Bible has been translated into 704 languages, the New Testament has been translated into an additional 1,551 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1,160 other languages. Thus at least some portions of the Bible have been translated into 3,415 languages.

The individual Christian is blessed to be able to read the Bible as the Revelation from God Himself that it is, for his enlightenment and the assurance of his salvation. He is able to read the Bible with the awesome fear of a Holy God and with faith in the indwelling Holy Spirit to help him understand its meaning and God's purpose for his own life. The Christian can read the Bible for the spiritual renewal of his mind, with assurance of divine assistance in understanding its sacred content.

"Such confidence before God is ours through Christ.
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim that anything comes from us, but our competence comes from God.
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (2nd Corinthians 3:4-6).

The only word your self observations/revelations bring to my mind is naivete... extreme naivete.


336Robin wrote:
When I talk to you I get the feeling there is a mixture of fundamentalism in your writing. I'm way beyond the fundamentalism that I was brought up with but I'm not near the scholar of the bible that you apparently are.

However I look at much of what the bible says with a different lens than a lot of people but its a lens that was taught to me in Religion 101 where they discuss the Eastern mindset and the Western mindset. How things are said in the Eastern mindset "emblematically" when the Western often interprets them "verbatim."

So with that in mind, there have been many, many versions of the Bible and many, many words have been added, subtracted to the word. So what is the real Bible? There is no definitive answer unless of course we are referring to the fundamentalist belief that the King James Version is the inerrant word of God which is pretty far off if its called the King James Version.

The Council of Nicea were tasked with a job. I'm not positive they weren't under one of those, "I'm going to make you and offer you can't refuse," from the emperor Constantinople and the church hasn't failed to create a control mechanism with religion and use the bible that isn't pure who has had many, many versions to control the flock.

When you do that to people there will come a time when there is an awakening and people are going to search for their own truth and if those conditions were present who is to say the bible is the only text that God had a hand in, when the Church has had its hand in the Bible itself as history has recorded.
When I talk to you I get the feeling there is a mi... (show quote)

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 04:33:35   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
Zemirah wrote:
Until and unless you define your terms, such phrases as: "there is a mixture of fundamentalism in your writing" is without meaning.

What do you believe the definition of fundamentalism to be?

In 1909, a twelve volume work titled "The Fundamentals" was published. It's stated purpose was to reaffirm the unchangable fundamentals of the Christian faith by reaffirming the beliefs of Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, and John Wesley... the most prominent voices of the Protestant Reformation, and by enunciating their doctrines which are now known as “fundamentalist.”

Is it to this well known historical reference resource you refer?

Opinions should never be based on "feelings," which are completely subjective and ever changing." Rather, base your opinions on facts, that which is true and would be true even if neither you or I had ever lived.

I am a student of the Bible. I have never truly known anyone who could rightfully be called a Bible scholar, for it carries the connotation of someone who has mastered a subject, in this case Holy Scripture, and no one ever has, other than the Triune Godhead responsible for its creation.

Obviously, when you declare yourself to be "way beyond the fundamentalism with which you were brought up," that has meaning to you.

Whereas casual readers have no idea how you were "brought up," or in what direction you have chosen to move since that time?

Again, the subject is precariously perched on your perception of "fundamentalism."

The world population is the total number of humans currently living, and exceeded 7.9 billion people as of November 2021.

By Eastern mindset and Western mindset, are you referring to the Eastern (Orthodox) Christians, vs. Western (Roman) Christian, or the general world population, including what was once known as the inscrutable oriental mindset of millions of Buddhists, Hindus, etc?

In Japan alone there are over 159 million Shintos... They are neither puppets or zombies. They are 159 million individuals. They do not have the same mindset.

Desktops, Smartphones, Tablets, equipped with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble, Gettr, Tik-Tok, Instagram, etc., have taken the people of the world far past these two mindsets that theoretically once existed.

The supposed stereotypes of Religion #101 have gone into oblivion with those of Psychology #101.

To whom are you referring when you speak of "the church"? Where is it located and who are its members?

The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. As of September 2020 the full Bible has been translated into 704 languages, the New Testament has been translated into an additional 1,551 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1,160 other languages. Thus at least some portions of the Bible have been translated into 3,415 languages.

The individual Christian is blessed to be able to read the Bible as the Revelation from God Himself that it is, for his enlightenment and the assurance of his salvation. He is able to read the Bible with the awesome fear of a Holy God and with faith in the indwelling Holy Spirit to help him understand its meaning and God's purpose for his own life. The Christian can read the Bible for the spiritual renewal of his mind, with assurance of divine assistance in understanding its sacred content.

"Such confidence before God is ours through Christ.
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim that anything comes from us, but our competence comes from God.
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (2nd Corinthians 3:4-6).

The only word your self observations/revelations bring to my mind is naivete... extreme naivete.
Until and unless you define your terms, such phras... (show quote)


No disrespect but you're all over the place with your posts and go in too many directions at one time and again no disrespect but if you can't take the word "fundamentalism" and apply that to fundamentalist teachings in Christianity it's not my fault nor am I going to go into details about how I was raised to try and make a point that I was reared in fundamentalism.

My advice is to open one subject at a time and don't try to juggle 10. I'm not going to write Doctoral dissertations here to answer posts.

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 08:09:52   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
I've written no doctoral dissertation in my responses - every subject I broached was in response to a specific remark of yours.

Your inability or unwillingness to define or even remember your own terms effectively precludes any possibility of either a conversation or debate.

Having failed previously to define your upbringing as "Christian," using only the term "fundamentalist," that within itself is a revelation.

Assuming you grew up in the United States, in this nation alone, there are fundamentalist Jewish households, fundamentalist Hindu households, and fundamentalist Muslim households, primarily on the East coast; fundamentalist Buddhist and fundamentalist Shinto households, primarily on the west cost; fundamentalist Mormon households in Utah and surrounding states; fundamentalist voudou households in New Orleans and NYC; even households of fundamentalist, superstitious rattlesnake handlers primarily in the Appalachians, who erroneously believe themselves to be Christian, but are not.

Add to this the endless fundamentalists cults, those labeled "Christian" cults, and those labeled "Non-Christian" cults, and you can surely understand the impossibility of assuming others will readily understand your unspoken life experiences.

Even within the animal kingdom, encountering the naivete of a one-trick pony is a very rare phenomenon.

I've never before seen anyone admit they could not follow a thread post with more than one line of thought expressed, but expect anyone reading their own post to understand their unspoken thoughts.

Again, the possibilities of fundamentalist encounters are innumerable.

Lots of luck with that.


336Robin wrote:
No disrespect but you're all over the place with your posts and go in too many directions at one time and again no disrespect but if you can't take the word "fundamentalism" and apply that to fundamentalist teachings in Christianity it's not my fault nor am I going to go into details about how I was raised to try and make a point that I was reared in fundamentalism.

My advice is to open one subject at a time and don't try to juggle 10. I'm not going to write Doctoral dissertations here to answer posts.
No disrespect but you're all over the place with y... (show quote)

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 08:20:10   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
Zemirah wrote:
I've written no doctoral dissertation in my responses - every subject I broached was in response to a specific remark of yours.

Your inability or unwillingness to define or even remember your own terms effectively precludes any possibility of either a conversation or debate.

Having failed previously to define your upbringing as "Christian," using only the term "fundamentalist," that within itself is a revelation.

Assuming you grew up in the United States, in this nation alone, there are fundamentalist Jewish households, fundamentalist Hindu households, and fundamentalist Muslim households, primarily on the East coast; fundamentalist Buddhist and fundamentalist Shinto households, primarily on the west cost; fundamentalist Mormon households in Utah and surrounding states; fundamentalist voudou households in New Orleans and NYC; even households of fundamentalist, superstitious rattlesnake handlers primarily in the Appalachians, who erroneously believe themselves to be Christian, but are not.

Add to this the endless fundamentalists cults, those labeled "Christian" cults, and those labeled "Non-Christian" cults, and you can surely understand the impossibility of assuming others will readily understand your unspoken life experiences.

Even within the animal kingdom, encountering the naivete of a one-trick pony is a very rare phenomenon.

I've never before seen anyone admit they could not follow a thread post with more than one line of thought expressed, but expect anyone reading their own post to understand their unspoken thoughts.

Again, the possibilities of fundamentalist encounters are innumerable.

Lots of luck with that.
I've written no doctoral dissertation in my respon... (show quote)


Be your own hero, write another page or two I have no intention of reading.

Learn to be concise and make a point and I'll have plenty to say to you.

It's called learning to write effectively.

Reply
 
 
Jan 24, 2022 08:21:12   #
336Robin Loc: North Carolina
 
336Robin wrote:
Be your own hero, write another page or two I have no intention of reading.

Learn to be concise and make a point and I'll have plenty to say to you.

It's called learning to write effectively.

Your answer to everything is to out write the other guy. It's a weakness.

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 08:42:42   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
In May 2000, the "third prophecy" of Fatima was revealed by the Vatican. For some, it was a relief and for others a disappointment.

https://www.marianland.com › thirdsec.html
The Third Secret of Fatima - Original Text
VATICAN CITY, JUN 26, 2000 (VIS) - The complete translation of the original Portuguese text of the third part of the secret of Fatima, revealed to the three shepherd children at Cova da Iria-Fatima on July 13, 1917, and committed to paper by Sr. Lucia on January 3, 1944.

Constantine, after declaring himself to be a Christian, murdered his wife and sons, considering them to be rivals for his throne. He continued, throughout his life, to preside over the ceremonies and worship services of all Rome's recognized pagan religions.

He refused to be baptized until on his deathbed, and was then sprinkled with water (to hedge his bet).

His only use for Christianity was to publicly hang his hat upon it, hoping to use its rapidly growing popularity to cement together his crumbling Roman Empire.

As for any of the inspired books of the Bible being lost. Jesus doesn't think so.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away." (Matthew 24:35)

"The grass withers and the flowers fall when the breath of the LORD blows on them; indeed, the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.” (Isaiah 40:7-8)


Peewee wrote:
I agree, Constantine is in big trouble. He caused many books to be deleted. As for accuracy, the best bet is the Dead Sea Scrolls. They're the oldest known record of the Bible anywhere. The sad thing is, parts are missing. The good thing is we can find what has been altered over time. And if the rumors are true we now have most, if not all, of the Vatican Library. And suddenly, we are finding many new medical cures. Including the undisclosed and third Fatima prophecy. Thousands were witnesses in Portugal that day and all saw the same things. I doubt it was a lie, too many first-hand witnesses and reports. Disclosure is coming soon. And it will be shocking according to everything I have read. Three days of televised executions and revelations. The EBS alerts were beeping over my car radio and it was turned off. It was very irritating. And it repeated the beeps every two or three minutes.
I agree, Constantine is in big trouble. He caused ... (show quote)

Reply
Jan 28, 2022 11:34:40   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Near Death Experiences Deny The Truth Of God's Scripture

"One in 10 people have undergone a near-death experience" (NDE). As the article stated, "The findings were presented at the fifth European Academy of Neurology Congress by researchers hailing from Danish specialty hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, University of Copenhagen in Denmark, and the Center for Stroke Research in Berlin, and the Norwegian University of Technology in Trondheim, Norway."

From the perspective of many respected researchers, the near death experience is real. The stories related by those who have experienced an NDE are at great variance with God's word. Therein lies the danger according to Dan Corner, Director of Evangelical Outreach. His words echo all discerning apologists of God's Word in their warnings regarding NDE - near death experience:

Can they be trusted in explaining what happens after death? A near death experience is an experience that people might have after their heart stops beating, and, from their perspective, they leave their own physical body and sometimes observe it. Most of these subjective messages concerning the afterlife of these NDE's do not line up with the truth of Scripture, and are, therefore, spiritually dangerous.

Following are some of the conflicting messages about the afterlife that people have reported: some go through a tunnel and see a bright light at the end, while others see blackness and fire; many agnostics, atheists and other Biblically unsaved people report entering a place of joy, peace and love, some even insist God told them it did not matter what they did or how they lived on earth; some atheists become believers, while others claim to be changed, more loving, etc., yet without the necessary commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, according to His Word, in order to even enter heaven; some claim to now be able to communicate with the dead since they are back in their body. Communication with the dead is an abomination and strictly forbidden by God. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)

It is Satan's demons, posing as deceased loved ones, who lure people away from God - the dead cannot hear anyone; finally, others receive the impression they have had a pre-existence before their birth, thus reinforcing the false teachings of reincarnation from Hinduism and Buddhism.

Reincarnation is refuted and declared void by Hebrews 9:27, which states , "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment."

The feelings and emotions that stem from these NDE's are often so intense and sensational that it is very difficult, almost impossible, to persuade people who have these experiences to even question or analyze them in the light of scripture. The feelings are so real and powerful that they automatically assume that the message of their experience concerning the afterlife must be from God; the issue is not whether or not an experience took place, but the source of the experience, whether dream or miracle or vision.

Experiencing a feeling of peace or bliss, does not mean that feeling came from God. The devil can and does duplicate feelings of peace, ecstasy and/or bliss; this is what he does in Transcendental Meditation (Hinduism), in Buddhism and through all purveyors of Eastern Religious Thought, in Catholicism after receiving the baked Eucharist wafer, in Mormonism, after praying, per their instructions, that God give you a burning in your bosom to reveal that false god of Latter Day Saint's "Book of Mormon" by Joseph Smith, is true.

Satan has designed Evil to have a beautiful side. Be alert; expect evil to appear behind an atractive façade, or to be accompanied by a blissful feeling of peace and well-being. When someone desires to destroy you, they will first place you off guard by disguising and sweetening the poison.

"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil" (Hebrews 5:14).

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world" (1st John 4:1).

"Test everything. Hold on to the good" (1st Thessalonians 5:21).

There are conflicting messages about the afterlife from NDE, as there are many conflicting messages about the way to achieve salvation that differ from Bible believing churches and congregations, all of which claim and report visions. Since the messages from these experiences, visions, miracles, etc., contradict one another, we know that God is not their source because God is never a god of confusion.

" But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
(John 4:23-24)

True worship must be "in spirit," that is, engaging the whole heart. Unless there is a genuine passion for God, there is no worship in spirit. At the same time, worship must be "in truth," that is, properly informed.

To worship God in spirit and in truth is to declare that God is worthy of our reverence. We do this both through our emotional core and in light of reality. We worship God based on the truth of who He is, the truth of who we are, the truth of what God does, and the truth of what is going on in our world.
This precludes living a life contrary to God's expressed will from Monday through Saturday and joining the "practice" of corporate worship for one hour on Sundays, fulfilling a traditional ritual.​

Since Near Death Experiences contradict one another, how do you know which ones should be discarded? The all-important question regarding any life after death experience is: Does it contradict the unchanging and eternal message of the Holy Scriptures? If it does, then the spiritual source of the miraculous or supernatural behind the life after death experience was not the same source that gave us the Bible. The Bible teaches there are only two sources of miracles - God and Satan, a.k.a., the devil - who has and currently is literally deceiving and blinding billions to God's spiritual Truth.

The biblical evidence shows near death experiences are a popular and effective way the devil deceives people about life after death. Many of those with Near Death Experiences have a very pleasant experience despite being dead in their sins and spiritually lost; proving that NDEs are not reliable concerning the afterlife because the Scriptures do not testify to a universal salvation for everyone (meaning not everyone goes to heaven); in fact, Jesus taught most, by their own life choices, will go to hell.

Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?" He (Jesus) said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." (Luke 13:22-24) The narrow door is into heaven.
(Matthew 7:13-14.)

Whether few or many went in, there would be many left out, and among these some of the listeners. Jesus is speaking to ‘them,’ the multitude, not to the questioner. These questioners who approach solemn subjects as material for raising profitless questions in an attempt to silence religious teachers, exist still, and are best answered after Christ’s manner.

There is no mention in Bible Scripture of anyone going through a dark tunnel with a bright light on the other side with a sensation of great peace and love in the presence of such a light, as is reported in NDEs.

Most dangerous about these experiences is the belief that you have all that is necessary to go to heaven, because you will look no further; we are to seek God, this is a continuous tense in the Greek - to keep seeking God. God is Truth. He cannot be separated from the truth of His Word. When it is written that the truth will set you free, that verse (John 8:31) means our freedom in Christ is from the slavery of sin caused by man's sinful nature (Galatians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:5).

If your NDE, dream, vision, etc., is from God, then it will draw you to the message of the Bible, which repeatedly informs us that we must repent (Luke 13:3,5; Acts 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9), allow the death of our sinful nature (Galatians 5:24), and follow and obey Jesus and his Word (the Bible) to receive His salvation and His unfailing peace (John 10:27; Hebrews 5:9; Luke 8:21; Matthew 10:22; Hebrews 3:14; Revelation 2:10,11; Galatians 6:8,9).

If, however, the message of your NDE does not lead you to obey God in such a way, then the experience was not from the One True God of the Bible, but from our deceitful enemy, the Adversary, whom Jesus called the "god of this world, who had no part in Him," Satan.


336Robin wrote:
I don't argue much scripture but I'm interested in the messages that people who have had NDE's near death experiences have to tell us.

Have you seen any of them on YouTube?

What did you think about the messages in them?

Did you see that many have great similarites yet also are individualized.

What do you think about the role of NDE's and what happens next when we die?

This is kind of a long one but there are some great messages in it. There are much shorter ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ4V7O6KhI
I don't argue much scripture but I'm interested in... (show quote)

Reply
Jan 28, 2022 11:47:20   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Please check back in after writing a Best Seller.

336Robin wrote:
Be your own hero, write another page or two I have no intention of reading.

Learn to be concise and make a point and I'll have plenty to say to you.

It's called learning to write effectively.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2023 IDF International Technologies, Inc.