One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Here is why the hypocritical democrats want to change the filibuster rule:
Page <<first <prev 4 of 6 next> last>>
Jan 13, 2022 20:33:52   #
nwtk2007 Loc: Texas
 
EmilyD wrote:
Mueller took 675 days (from May 17, 2017 to March 22, 2019), interviewed 500 witnesses, issued 2,800 subpoenas and 500 search warrants. His investigation cost upwards of $25 million. He ended the investigation himself with the announcement that he could find no evidence of Russian collusion by Trump or anyone in his administration on that March day.

How on earth can you say he was blocked from doing a complete investigation? How much more time, witnesses, subpoenas, search warrants and money do you think he needed to finish up? No matter how hard he tried and fished and dug, he could not find a single little thing that pointed to Trump being guilty!!!
Mueller took 675 days (from May 17, 2017 to March ... (show quote)


LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing at the leftist arguing with you here. Now, China and the USA can continiue to alter history with the nudge of a tail, the bend of a finger.

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 21:23:47   #
saltwind 78 Loc: Queens, New York City
 
They want to get rid of the filibuster, or change it because he has a very narrow majority in both houses of Congress, and two Democrats refuse to vote for much of his agenda. The Republicans refuse to help pass the voting rights bill because they want to minimize or deny the voting rights of minorities, through gerrymandering, stopping Sunday voting, closing polling places in Black areas, passing laws to throw out members of the Electoral College that were voted on by the people, and appoint electors that will vote for Republicans even though they lost the vote.
Encouraging people to vote seems to be a thing of the past for the Republicans. This stance and tactic is undemocratic, and unAmerican!

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 21:41:09   #
EmilyD
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Rod Rosenstein Didn't 'Land the Plane.' He Made Sure It Never Left the Ground.
The New York Times reports the former deputy attorney general instructed Special Counsel Robert Mueller not to investigate Donald Trump's personal and financial ties to Russia.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a33848359/rod-rosenstein-trump-russia-block-robert-mueller/


New York times....enough said. And Esquire? What???

Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 22:17:24   #
moldyoldy
 
EmilyD wrote:
New York times....enough said. And Esquire? What???


The source does not change the facts.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2020/08/31/report--rosenstein-halted-trump-russia-counterintelligence-investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/politics/trump-russia-justice-department.amp.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/08/why-didnt-mueller-fully-investigate-trumps-russia-ties/amp

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/514371-doj-kept-investigators-from-completing-probe-of-trump-ties-to-russia?amp


https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/30/1973600/-Rosenstein-blocked-FBI-from-probing-Trump-s-Russian-ties-then-ordered-Mueller-to-ignore-them-as-well

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 23:24:31   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
Strycker wrote:
They missed one of the biggies that the democrats originally had in the bill. Public funding of presidential and congressional elections. I don't know, but, if still in this bill, or slipped back into this bill, this funding will massively fill political election coffers with tax payer money by a 3 to 1 match on political donations. In 2020 14 billion was spent on the federal election. Under this bill the tax payers would add another 56 billion to the politicians coffers. Tax payers will be fleeced by 10's of billions in tax payers money which would be given to individual politicians to keep forever and use at will. It doesn't discourage campaign fund raising. It massively expands the incentive with matching funds.
They missed one of the biggies that the democrats ... (show quote)


Wouldn’t that be preferable over foreigners donating money to pick your representatives ? That’s wrong on so many levels.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 00:54:52   #
Strycker
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Wouldn’t that be preferable over foreigners donating money to pick your representatives ? That’s wrong on so many levels.


False choice and irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 01:12:15   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
Strycker wrote:
False choice and irrelevant to the topic at hand.


Not a choice ? It’s happening now.
Is citizens united listed in the constitution ,?
I mean in your meticulous interpretation of the constitution ?

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2022 08:08:02   #
American Vet
 
saltwind 78 wrote:
They want to get rid of the filibuster, or change it because he has a very narrow majority in both houses of Congress, and two Democrats refuse to vote for much of his agenda. The Republicans refuse to help pass the voting rights bill because they want to minimize or deny the voting rights of minorities, through gerrymandering, stopping Sunday voting, closing polling places in Black areas, passing laws to throw out members of the Electoral College that were voted on by the people, and appoint electors that will vote for Republicans even though they lost the vote.
Encouraging people to vote seems to be a thing of the past for the Republicans. This stance and tactic is undemocratic, and unAmerican!
They want to get rid of the filibuster, or change ... (show quote)


You bring up a lot of crazy leftoid talking points: Got any links to substantiate your ludicrous claims? Or are we supposed to just believe it because you say so?

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:38:23   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
moldyoldy wrote:
Voter ID was used to fire up the right, but that is no longer the goal since most people have gotten past that hurdle by now. The right can’t win an election fairly, they can’t even get a majority of the electorate to vote for them anymore. That’s what scares them, becoming completely irrelevant.


Voter ID isn’t a problem.
No one is trying to impersonate voters.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:42:09   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
Strycker wrote:
Totally and completely wrong. Corporate lobbyist will still contribute. Probably much much more since the tax payers will match contributions 3 to 1. It would only encourage more and larger contributions. Not less.


They only do now because it’s legal.
They won’t be able to if it’s illegal. With severe penalties.
This is Our Government, not theirs.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:45:53   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
American Vet wrote:
And who gets to decide who gets the money and how much?


The electoral commission .

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2022 09:47:43   #
Strycker
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Not a choice ? It’s happening now.
Is citizens united listed in the constitution ,?
I mean in your meticulous interpretation of the constitution ?


You position was a choice was between foreign campaign contributions and tax payers footing the bill for politicians which is totally off topic. Citizens United is also totally off topic.
At least you realized I am meticulous rather than posting emotional drivel.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:49:24   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
Strycker wrote:
False choice and irrelevant to the topic at hand.


Citizens United Allows the Rich and powerful to purchase their own representatives.
It’s legal , with Citizens United.
They can buy as many politicians as it takes.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:52:47   #
Strycker
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Citizens United Allows the Rich and powerful to purchase their own representatives.
It’s legal , with Citizens United.
They can buy as many politicians as it takes.


They could even without Citizens United, but, still off topic.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:57:44   #
EmilyD
 


Opinion, Opinion, Opinion, Opinion.

Opinions are not facts. Nothing in any of those articles present any facts that Mueller's investigation was blocked or limited by Rosenstein. Mueller called an end to his own investigation. If it was incomplete, why didn't the Dems do something about that? If the Dems chose to "let it go" then they only have themselves to blame....but the reality is that it most likely didn't happen that way. It's all speculation and opinion.

What Rosenstein did do was shut down an investigation that Andrew McCabe launched, which was a counterintelligence probe into Trump's Russian ties. McCabe did this immediately after Trump fired Comey. Rosenstein didn't tell McCabe what he was doing, but instead left McCabe with the impression that Mueller would take on that investigation as part of his overall Russian interference inquiry. Mueller did not, but it was too late for McCabe to do anything about. If anything, Rosenstein helped Mueller by shooting down McCabe's attempts to do his own investigation.

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-trump-russia-c005394f-1fc5-4097-9e1f-04b3c99b831f.html

Reply
Page <<first <prev 4 of 6 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.