One Political PlazaSM - Home of politics
Anyone like real BBQ?
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Sep 30, 2014 20:50:36   #
ghostgotcha Loc: The Florida swamps
 
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. This is a good time of the year to shop for one. The season is over, folks are thinking about turkey and pumpkin pie, not BBQ ribs and the sales of the smokers has dropped off.

I almost made a purchase at Lowes, but decided to drive down the road about a quarter mile and search out the Tractor store.

Walked through the front doors and the smokers were gone. Fall diaplays were being setup and I about turned around and left.

At that point a young lady asked if she could help me. I told her that not likely unless she had hidden the smokers in the back.

She informed me there was one left in the back and she could give me a discounted price...

Anyway. They loaded it on a pallet and then used a fork lift to place it in the bed of my pickup.

It is home and tomorrow I must consider the teachings of Archimedes in figuring out a way to lever it out of the truck and safely down in my driveway. It is huge, ungainly and sure to weigh more than a hundred pounds.

Then before the weekend arrives, we will head over to Sam's Club in Asheville and load up on some good pork ribs, a shoulder or two and a couple of chickens. Some will go into the freezer on the back porch for later smoking. Then the ingredients for the rubs/marinate at the local grocer, then hopefully this weekend we will drive all our neighbors down the mountain in search of their favorite BBQ joint. Done that before. (I must work out a commission fee with the BBQ joints)

What fun.....and yes. I do like my BBQ...



| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 21:59:25   #
rumitoid
 
ghostcotcha wrote:
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. This is a good time of the year to shop for one. The season is over, folks are thinking about turkey and pumpkin pie, not BBQ ribs and the sales of the smokers has dropped off.

I almost made a purchase at Lowes, but decided to drive down the road about a quarter mile and search out the Tractor store.

Walked through the front doors and the smokers were gone. Fall diaplays were being setup and I about turned around and left.

At that point a young lady asked if she could help me. I told her that not likely unless she had hidden the smokers in the back.

She informed me there was one left in the back and she could give me a discounted price...

Anyway. They loaded it on a pallet and then used a fork lift to place it in the bed of my pickup.

It is home and tomorrow I must consider the teachings of Archimedes in figuring out a way to lever it out of the truck and safely down in my driveway. It is huge, ungainly and sure to weigh more than a hundred pounds.

Then before the weekend arrives, we will head over to Sam's Club in Asheville and load up on some good pork ribs, a shoulder or two and a couple of chickens. Some will go into the freezer on the back porch for later smoking. Then the ingredients for the rubs/marinate at the local grocer, then hopefully this weekend we will drive all our neighbors down the mountain in search of their favorite BBQ joint. Done that before. (I must work out a commission fee with the BBQ joints)

What fun.....and yes. I do like my BBQ...
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. ... (show quote)


What god-fearin' Christian and patriot depends on some commie store for its vittles? You ain't got a gun? Be a man and get that pork on the run. Y'all have a nice day, y'hear.

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 22:23:10   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
rumitoid wrote:
What god-fearin' Christian and patriot depends on some commie store for its vittles? You ain't got a gun? Be a man and get that pork on the run. Y'all have a nice day, y'hear.


Are you spiking your root beer again?
I have 'brought home the bacon' a time or two. The only one I shot 'on the run' was running at me.
Looks like a pretty darn good smoker to me!
Be happy for the guy Rumi!!
Can you just not find your happy place? Can you not rejoice in other people's happyness? You don't have to agree with them, or their religious/political point of view. Just enjoy their happyness. And be happy for them.
Myself, I'm gonna be wearing Ghost out!! I want some ribs!!
BTW, I know of my spelling errors. Too lazy to correct....

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:19:28   #
AuntiE Loc: 46th Least Free State
 
archie bunker wrote:
Can you just not find your happy place?


My perception is the answer is a resounding....NO!

Quote:
Can you not rejoice in other people's happyness? You don't have to agree with them, or their religious/political point of view. Just enjoy their happyness. And be happy for them.


Again, answer is ......



| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:37:17   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
AuntiE wrote:
Again, answer is ......


Poor guy....Bless his heart!! I mean that in the best way possible, considering......

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:38:44   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
AuntiE wrote:
Again, answer is ......


Poor guy....Bless his heart!! I mean that in the best way possible, considering......

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:40:09   #
ghostgotcha Loc: The Florida swamps
 
AuntiE wrote:
Again, answer is ......


An he ain't gettin none of my ribs either. (I do smoke some bad-ass ribs)

I normally don't serve pulled pork (sins, fat and gristle can be hidden inside it)... but I might send him a pound or two if he pleads like a bitch.

Dumb-ass

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:49:03   #
archie bunker Loc: Texas
 
ghostcotcha wrote:
An he ain't gettin none of my ribs either. (I do smoke some bad-ass ribs)

I normally don't serve pulled pork (sins, fat and gristle can be hidden inside it)... but I might send him a pound or two if he pleads like a bitch.

Dumb-ass


May I have some??
I think you got it goin on there with that smoker!!
My son wants to build one very much like that one. We just have to buy the metal. Me? I'm happy for you!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:53:43   #
rumitoid
 
archie bunker wrote:
Are you spiking your root beer again?
I have 'brought home the bacon' a time or two. The only one I shot 'on the run' was running at me.
Looks like a pretty darn good smoker to me!
Be happy for the guy Rumi!!
Can you just not find your happy place? Can you not rejoice in other people's happyness? You don't have to agree with them, or their religious/political point of view. Just enjoy their happyness. And be happy for them.
Myself, I'm gonna be wearing Ghost out!! I want some ribs!!
BTW, I know of my spelling errors. Too lazy to correct....
Are you spiking your root beer again? br I have '... (show quote)


Point well taken. I will find my happiness in his success and your appetite.

| Reply
Sep 30, 2014 23:55:24   #
MrEd Loc: Georgia
 
ghostcotcha wrote:
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. This is a good time of the year to shop for one. The season is over, folks are thinking about turkey and pumpkin pie, not BBQ ribs and the sales of the smokers has dropped off.

I almost made a purchase at Lowes, but decided to drive down the road about a quarter mile and search out the Tractor store.

Walked through the front doors and the smokers were gone. Fall diaplays were being setup and I about turned around and left.

At that point a young lady asked if she could help me. I told her that not likely unless she had hidden the smokers in the back.

She informed me there was one left in the back and she could give me a discounted price...

Anyway. They loaded it on a pallet and then used a fork lift to place it in the bed of my pickup.

It is home and tomorrow I must consider the teachings of Archimedes in figuring out a way to lever it out of the truck and safely down in my driveway. It is huge, ungainly and sure to weigh more than a hundred pounds.

Then before the weekend arrives, we will head over to Sam's Club in Asheville and load up on some good pork ribs, a shoulder or two and a couple of chickens. Some will go into the freezer on the back porch for later smoking. Then the ingredients for the rubs/marinate at the local grocer, then hopefully this weekend we will drive all our neighbors down the mountain in search of their favorite BBQ joint. Done that before. (I must work out a commission fee with the BBQ joints)

What fun.....and yes. I do like my BBQ...
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. ... (show quote)




I would dearly love to have a smoker like that. There ain't nutten better then smoked ribs.

| Reply
Oct 1, 2014 00:31:54   #
rumitoid
 
MrEd wrote:
I would dearly love to have a smoker like that. There ain't nutten better then smoked ribs.


How about grandkids?

| Reply
Oct 1, 2014 00:32:58   #
rumitoid
 
rumitoid wrote:
How about grandkids?


Or children?

| Reply
Oct 1, 2014 00:33:26   #
rumitoid
 
rumitoid wrote:
Or children?


Or a mother's love?

| Reply
Oct 1, 2014 00:33:52   #
rumitoid
 
rumitoid wrote:
Or a mother's love?


Or Christ?

| Reply
Oct 1, 2014 02:37:03   #
RETW Loc: Washington
 
ghostcotcha wrote:
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. This is a good time of the year to shop for one. The season is over, folks are thinking about turkey and pumpkin pie, not BBQ ribs and the sales of the smokers has dropped off.

I almost made a purchase at Lowes, but decided to drive down the road about a quarter mile and search out the Tractor store.

Walked through the front doors and the smokers were gone. Fall diaplays were being setup and I about turned around and left.

At that point a young lady asked if she could help me. I told her that not likely unless she had hidden the smokers in the back.

She informed me there was one left in the back and she could give me a discounted price...

Anyway. They loaded it on a pallet and then used a fork lift to place it in the bed of my pickup.

It is home and tomorrow I must consider the teachings of Archimedes in figuring out a way to lever it out of the truck and safely down in my driveway. It is huge, ungainly and sure to weigh more than a hundred pounds.

Then before the weekend arrives, we will head over to Sam's Club in Asheville and load up on some good pork ribs, a shoulder or two and a couple of chickens. Some will go into the freezer on the back porch for later smoking. Then the ingredients for the rubs/marinate at the local grocer, then hopefully this weekend we will drive all our neighbors down the mountain in search of their favorite BBQ joint. Done that before. (I must work out a commission fee with the BBQ joints)

What fun.....and yes. I do like my BBQ...
I went out today and purchased my second smoker. ... (show quote)


We have one very much like that on our back porch. Its dam near wonderful in the winter to smoke ribs. Venison back strap and ribs. Corn on the cob, baked potato, and fresh apple pie right after a slay ride and hot cider, with fresh baked bread and honey. Life is good some times. Hope you enjoy yours.
RETW

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.