One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Introduce Yourself
NUWBIE -THIS MIGHT BE A MISTAKE
May 21, 2013 12:05:28   #
ILBD1012
 
Well to start with I've been on the site a couple times and evan made 2 or 3 posts. For some reason today I needed to sign back in and needed to remember my login and after I got in the site I was prompted to intro myself and ended up on the newbie page I guess and I got curious and started checking out some of the other intros and boy did I get a shock from what i was reading and I realized they let anybody in here. When I first checked this site out I spent several hours reading a lot of different posts on varing subjecets (BTW PLEASE FORGIVE ANY SPELLING TILL I FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK SPELL CHECK), anyway by and large after most of what I read I noticed what I percieved to be kindred sprits of conservatisum. Now after reading some of these newbie intros I'm shocked and amazed how many poeple there are out there who are so willfully blind that they will never see the light of day. Anyway this is me, a GOD and country patraitot and a whole hearted believer in the constitution and the bill of rights and the fact that the U.S.A. is ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply
May 22, 2013 08:02:19   #
snowbear37 Loc: MA.
 
Welcome to the forum, Nuwbie! I don't think it's a mistake to be proud to declare yourself a lover of God and country. As you read some of the posts on this forum, you'll find that there is as much deception and misinformation put out by libs here as there is from Dem politicians. They do not give up easily!

Reply
May 22, 2013 09:30:21   #
ILBD1012
 
snowbear37 wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Nuwbie! I don't think it's a mistake to be proud to declare yourself a lover of God and country. As you read some of the posts on this forum, you'll find that there is as much deception and misinformation put out by libs here as there is from Dem politicians. They do not give up easily!


Hi there

Thanks for the welcome snowbear.
I guess I screwed up here a little bit because I didn't make clear what my mistake might be and that is being here at all when there seem to be so many of the brain dead liberals on the site it will be more difficult then I thought to have intelegent conversations or to injuct any GODLY wisdom on any given topic without stiring up a hornets nest because most of the time their only intent is to try to shut anyone up that that knows real facts and makes scense so the mistake would be to waste time casting perals to swine. HAVE A GREAT DAY and THANKS again!

Reply
 
 
May 22, 2013 09:34:48   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
Welcome Nuwbie! :D I am always happy to see new people, and PARTICULARLY if they are conservative. We need all the help we can get.

I, too, believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I do believe in God, but don't see myself as a Christian - don't find myself worthy and think God has given up on me, but I support Christianity against all comers, particularly when they are especially nasty, which they CAN be, and some ARE. Christianity held this nation together for a long time until the ptb decided to join up with the dark side and turn raunchy and corrupt. If you find me getting snitty about a religious view, just be aware that I like to place the blame at my grandfather's feet. He, an avid church attendee, did more to make Christianity a thing to be avoided than any "sinner" I've ever met. He was a holier than thou nag and believed everyone in the family was subservient to him - and they would have been had he not been such an insufferable pretend Christian. He preached at us constantly. I eventually walked away from both him and church. MY BAD, I know that, but that's what overbearing religiosity can do to people.

Welcome! I hope you don't get discouraged and leave because we need all the help we can gather!

You are with friends
You are with friends...

Reply
May 22, 2013 09:36:15   #
Sandra Price
 
I have registered and joined onto many forums from classical music to what's the matter with the GOP? I made it my practice to register only once and log in only once (maybe twice). I will never beg to be admitted as I have many strong political points of view that reflect my independence of being an American.

I would not normally reply to your post because I am a Secular Humanist but you brought up a good point.

Reply
May 22, 2013 09:58:12   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
Sandra Price wrote:
I have registered and joined onto many forums from classical music to what's the matter with the GOP? I made it my practice to register only once and log in only once (maybe twice). I will never beg to be admitted as I have many strong political points of view that reflect my independence of being an American.

I would not normally reply to your post because I am a Secular Humanist but you brought up a good point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sandra, unfortunately no one knows to whom your remark is directed. That's because this site isn't set up like many others. When you click on "reply", the remark isn't attributed as a response to anyone in particular. To directly respond and have others understand, you must NOT click on "reply", but instead click on "quote reply", then that person's comment will be on the page you are typing on. I tell you this because when I joined I didn't understand and had to be told. I've seen dozens have to be coached. Thought you may appreciate being coached as swell.
:-)

Reply
May 22, 2013 11:16:17   #
Sandra Price
 
Thank you for the lesson in forum use. I will pass on trying to add to any forum. When I feel comfortable on any forum, I usually last many years. I wrote for the home page and added comments on the forum on Capitol Hill Blue for nearly 20 years. I will stay where I belong.

Reply
 
 
May 22, 2013 11:45:40   #
ILBD1012
 
Tasine wrote:
Welcome Nuwbie! :D I am always happy to see new people, and PARTICULARLY if they are conservative. We need all the help we can get.

I, too, believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I do believe in God, but don't see myself as a Christian - don't find myself worthy and think God has given up on me, but I support Christianity against all comers, particularly when they are especially nasty, which they CAN be, and some ARE. Christianity held this nation together for a long time until the ptb decided to join up with the dark side and turn raunchy and corrupt. If you find me getting snitty about a religious view, just be aware that I like to place the blame at my grandfather's feet. He, an avid church attendee, did more to make Christianity a thing to be avoided than any "sinner" I've ever met. He was a holier than thou nag and believed everyone in the family was subservient to him - and they would have been had he not been such an insufferable pretend Christian. He preached at us constantly. I eventually walked away from both him and church. MY BAD, I know that, but that's what overbearing religiosity can do to people.

Welcome! I hope you don't get discouraged and leave because we need all the help we can gather!
Welcome Nuwbie! :D I am always happy to see new ... (show quote)


Well hello there Tasine

Thanks for the welcome and kind words:

Now to address some of the statements you made with a kind rebuke if you will, first your statement that you don"t feel worthy, you got that right you are not worthy and no one is !!! and that is the beauty of the gospel and that is why JESUS came and gave His life a ransom for all who would believe on Him so don"t let the actions of a few or the many rob you of having your own personal relationship with your creator because that in and of itself is what being a christian is all about. The fact of the matter is that there is , always has been and always will be hipos in the church but the trick is not to set your eyes on them because they will let you down every time but JESUS never will so we need to keep our eyes on Him.

Thanks HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Reply
May 22, 2013 13:56:55   #
alex Loc: michigan now imperial beach californa
 
Tasine wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sandra, unfortunately no one knows to whom your remark is directed. That's because this site isn't set up like many others. When you click on "reply", the remark isn't attributed as a response to anyone in particular. To directly respond and have others understand, you must NOT click on "reply", but instead click on "quote reply", then that person's comment will be on the page you are typing on. I tell you this because when I joined I didn't understand and had to be told. I've seen dozens have to be coached. Thought you may appreciate being coached as swell.
:-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ br Sandra, unfortunately no one... (show quote)


i thank you for the lesson too i have only made a few comments but i too was hitting reply so i got a little educatiom this morning

Reply
May 22, 2013 16:22:23   #
Tasine Loc: Southwest US
 
alex wrote:
i thank you for the lesson too i have only made a few comments but i too was hitting reply so i got a little educatiom this morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the response, Alex. I think the lady I was addressing didn't appreciate my butting in. Glad you do.
:-)

Reply
May 26, 2013 09:28:25   #
sisl Loc: West by God Virginia
 
Welcome ILDB!

I'm a newbie HERE as well, but a veteran of many chat-battles in other forums.

I find myself among a few friends, who do not always agree with me, nor I with them.

We shall slog along, and enjoy ourselves and the expression of various opinions, and see how it goes.

I am not accustomed to ANY "moderators", as they frequently become little dictators. we shall see how it goes.

Best Wishes!

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Introduce Yourself
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.