One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
California PG&E Says Solar Panels Are Racist...
Nov 24, 2021 16:14:09   #
woodguru
 
PG&E would like to offset the huge amounts of money they are losing to private solar systems by being able to charge a "hookup fee" of about $90 a month...the lobby and public relations firm they hired came up with this moronic brilliance, that solar systems are racist because they benefit the wealthy as opposed to lower income people, thereby placing the burden of infrastructure on lower income people.

The real stretch here is how they came to equate lower income to race?

The fact of the matter is that power purchased back by PG&E is cheaper than their own solar farms because they do not need the huge power lines to transmit the power to end users.

The bottom line is that when utility companies get to charge solar customers for their own power, it guts a state's solar industry, immediately decreasing the demand and putting solar companies and tens of thousands of workers out of business and jobs.

While the state senate crushed this bill AB 1139 this summer, the California Public Utilities Commission is deciding this right now and is expected to rule on it early in December.

https://calcoastnews.com/2021/11/pge-claims-home-solar-is-racist-wants-to-gut-program/

Reply
Nov 24, 2021 16:16:39   #
Carol Kelly
 
woodguru wrote:
PG&E would like to offset the huge amounts of money they are losing to private solar systems by being able to charge a "hookup fee" of about $90 a month...the lobby and public relations firm they hired came up with this moronic brilliance, that solar systems are racist because they benefit the wealthy as opposed to lower income people, thereby placing the burden of infrastructure on lower income people.

The real stretch here is how they came to equate lower income to race?

The fact of the matter is that power purchased back by PG&E is cheaper than their own solar farms because they do not need the huge power lines to transmit the power to end users.

The bottom line is that when utility companies get to charge solar customers for their own power, it guts a state's solar industry, immediately decreasing the demand and putting solar companies and tens of thousands of workers out of business and jobs.

https://calcoastnews.com/2021/11/pge-claims-home-solar-is-racist-wants-to-gut-program/
PG&E would like to offset the huge amounts of ... (show quote)


Inanimate objects cannot be racist. Cmon guy.

Reply
Nov 24, 2021 16:20:43   #
woodguru
 
Carol Kelly wrote:
Inanimate objects cannot be racist. Cmon guy.


It's not me that says this, it's PG&E, it's sheer raw stupidity...not to mention that the concept that only wealthy people buy solar is flat wrong, big percentages are installed by these companies that put them in for zero down.

Reply
 
 
Nov 24, 2021 16:20:55   #
pegw
 
What about what the power companies did to Arizona? It didn't help homeowners with solar panels.

Reply
Nov 24, 2021 16:22:14   #
Carol Kelly
 
woodguru wrote:
It's not me that says this, it's PG&E, it's sheer raw stupidity...not to mention that the concept that only wealthy people buy solar is flat wrong, big percentages are installed by these companies that put them in for zero down.


I beg your pardon.

Reply
Nov 24, 2021 16:26:01   #
woodguru
 
pegw wrote:
What about what the power companies did to Arizona? It didn't help homeowners with solar panels.


I'm not familiar with Arizona's solar issues, Nevada did pass a similar solar utility tax and it effectively decimated the solar industry in that state.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.