One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Satanic Lies About the Bible
Page <<first <prev 3 of 5 next> last>>
Sep 24, 2021 11:42:46   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
He has his beliefs, and defends them fairly well....

He does tend to disengage when he loses interest...


True

Reply
Sep 24, 2021 15:26:21   #
TommyRadd Loc: Midwest USA
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Why would a question cause strife? Maybe to think a little?


I was referring to this passage: “But refuse foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing that they generate strife.” 2 Timothy 2:23

I’m not afraid of questions or thinking. You ever hear that saying, “ain’t nobody got time for that”? Well, there it is.

Reply
Sep 24, 2021 16:55:09   #
Rose42
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Why would a question cause strife? Maybe to think a little?


You are here to incite not to discuss. Your game is endless - many times stupid - questions and silly cartoons. You don’t defend your positions well, just the opposite.

Back to scrolling past your posts.

Reply
 
 
Sep 24, 2021 17:21:20   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Rose42 wrote:
You are here to incite not to discuss. Your game is endless - many times stupid - questions and silly cartoons. You don’t defend your positions well, just the opposite.

Back to scrolling past your posts.


Would you care to discuss Satanic Lies About the Bible?

Reply
Sep 24, 2021 20:14:35   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Bad Bob wrote:
Would you care to discuss Satanic Lies About the Bible?


It would be more interesting to discuss Biblical truths. ✝️

Satan is predictable and boring 😴

Reply
Sep 24, 2021 20:29:13   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
It would be more interesting to discuss Biblical truths. ✝️

Satan is predictable and boring 😴


How do you know?

Reply
Sep 24, 2021 21:02:51   #
Blade_Runner Loc: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
 
Bad Bob wrote:
How do you know?
Hey, Bob, forget about God and Satan and good and evil and right and wrong, just leave all that positive/negative stuff behind, man, and continue to skate along your merry way.

The path you have chosen is yours alone.
With emphasis on "alone".

Reply
 
 
Sep 25, 2021 05:10:30   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Bad Bob wrote:
How do you know?


I have a dark side.

I roam.

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 07:42:40   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
I have a dark side.

I roam.


So

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 09:46:58   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Bad Bob wrote:
So


so to answer your question, I know how it is to turn away from God. I do it sometimes but I always come back and apologize.

When a person turns away from God, Satan is drawn to that person. Like a beetle to a carcass. But Satan is disguised.

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 12:08:48   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
so to answer your question, I know how it is to turn away from God. I do it sometimes but I always come back and apologize.

When a person turns away from God, Satan is drawn to that person. Like a beetle to a carcass. But Satan is disguised.


That's how you know Satan?

Reply
 
 
Sep 25, 2021 13:20:30   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
TommyRadd wrote:
Thank you for engaging in conversation with me by commenting on my post.

It is also written:

"But be doers of the word, and not only hearers, deluding your own selves.” James 1:22

And again,
“As I urged you…that you might command certain men not to teach a different doctrine.” 1 Timothy 1:3

You do realize, he was specifically commanding people to not teach beyond what they taught in the scriptures, right?

“Now these things, brothers, I have in a figure transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to think beyond the things which are written, that none of you be puffed up against one another.” 1 Corinthians 4:6

Peter referred to being, “established in the present truth” that he and the other apostles delivered:

12Therefore I will not be negligent to remind you of these things, though you know them, and are established in the present truth. 13I think it right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you; 14knowing that the putting off of my tent comes swiftly, even as our Lord Jesus Christ made clear to me. 15Yes, I will make every effort that you may always be able to remember these things even after my departure.” 2 Peter 1:12-15

“1This is now, beloved, the second letter that I have written to you; and in both of them I stir up your sincere mind by reminding you; 2that you should remember the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and the commandments of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior” 2 Peter 3:1-2

Paul also wrote:

“17Now I beg you, brothers, look out for those who are causing the divisions and occasions of stumbling, contrary to the teachings which you learned, and turn away from them. 18For those who are such don't serve our Lord, Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by their smooth and flattering speech, they deceive the hearts of the innocent.” Romans 16:17-18

So tell me, how much time, care, and effort, do you, personally, take to check and purge yourself of beliefs that originated and were developed after the writing of the New Testament? Do you just automatically presume that what you have been taught, and the way you interpret scriptures, is the way the earliest disciples of Christ read and understood them? And what is your attitude when others challenge you regarding your extra-biblical beliefs?

Here's the attitude we are supposed to have:

“21Therefore, putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with humility the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22But be doers of the word…” James 1:21-22

Note that Jesus said who it is that talk about keeping the commandments to others but don't keep them themselves:

“1Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to his disciples, 2saying, "The scribes and the Pharisees sat on Moses' seat. 3All things therefore whatever they tell you to observe, observe and do, but don't do their works; for they say, and don't do. 4For they bind heavy burdens that are grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not lift a finger to help them.” Matthew 23:1-4

“1Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, 2"Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the elders? For they don't wash their hands when they eat bread." 3He answered them, "Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him be put to death.' 5But you say, 'Whoever may tell his father or his mother, "Whatever help you might otherwise have gotten from me is a gift devoted to God," 6he shall not honor his father or mother.' You have made the commandment of God void because of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, 8'These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9And in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.'" Matthew 15:1-9

Do you have the same heart as Jesus did–negatively–towards the traditions of men, in saying that they negate and make null true worship? Or do you make every attempt to elevate the extrabiblical traditions of men on a level at or above the God-breathed Scriptures just like the false professors did in Jesus’ day?
Thank you for engaging in conversation with me by ... (show quote)


Tommy, you and I can throw scriptures at each other till the cows come home and neither one of us will change our minds! We don’t agree on the interpretation of many scriptures, to put it mildly! LOL! You have presented your argument against the Trinity and your defense of Unitarian beliefs for years to no avail for either side. I do, however, appreciate those that don’t resort to the use of personal insults or claiming superiority of intellect. We’ll just have to agree that we don’t see eye to eye on our religious beliefs …….politics, one the other hand, we seem to be on the same page!

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 13:37:38   #
TexaCan Loc: Homeward Bound!
 
Roamin' Catholic wrote:
so to answer your question, I know how it is to turn away from God. I do it sometimes but I always come back and apologize.

When a person turns away from God, Satan is drawn to that person. Like a beetle to a carcass. But Satan is disguised.


Or maybe, a person turns away from God because of Satan’s persistent chase? Which comes first….the chicken or the egg! 🤔🤗

All Christians fight temptation and we all fall short, but we have His blessed assurance of love and forgiveness because of the debt that was paid by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 14:49:36   #
Bad Bob Loc: Virginia
 
TexaCan wrote:
Or maybe, a person turns away from God because of Satan’s persistent chase? Which comes first….the chicken or the egg! 🤔🤗

All Christians fight temptation and we all fall short, but we have His blessed assurance of love and forgiveness because of the debt that was paid by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


How did he pay for your sins?

Reply
Sep 25, 2021 14:54:35   #
Roamin' Catholic Loc: luxurious exile
 
Bad Bob wrote:
That's how you know Satan?


Me personally, yes. Not much to speak of really. But there are countless ways to know Satan.

It hates you and wants you to suffer so you need to become aware. Really Bad Bob, I pray nothing bad happens to you. Or perhaps it already has.

Reply
Page <<first <prev 3 of 5 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.