One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
The Left's Contempt for the Masses
Page <prev 2 of 3 next>
Jul 20, 2021 12:48:19   #
WinkyTink
 
working class stiff wrote:
Perfect: you know what's best, do you not?


I know what's best for me..... personal responsibility, pursuit of happiness, chasing dreams, building a business which supports other people and my family, holding myself and others to high standards, charity to others not as fortunate, non-intrusive federal government and lower taxes for all.

I would suspect that these things would be good for all, except the lazy, thuglike, materialistic societal rejects and their putrid offspring.

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 12:51:14   #
WinkyTink
 
Tiptop789 wrote:
You think trump, a member of the ultra-rich has any warm feelings for the common man? His past actions portray someone that could care less.


You think biden, a member of the corrupt ultra-rich has any warm feelings for the common man? His past actions portray someone that could care less.

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 12:58:00   #
saltwind 78 Loc: Queens, New York City
 
American Vet wrote:
Gerrymandering??
https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-hate-gerrymanderingexcept-when-they-get-to-do-it
https://election.princeton.edu/2017/08/23/democratic-partisan-gerrymanders-1972-present/
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-democrats-gerrymandering-redistricting/2021/02/22/id/1011014/

Electoral College. Educate yourself about why it exists and has worked well for 250 years.

Voting restrictions? Yes - requiring protection for the vote is really restrictive. Why are progressive/leftists so opposed to election integrity?
Gerrymandering?? br https://www.thedailybeast.com/... (show quote)


American, There is no threat to our election system. The Trump cult doesn't like minority voters to vote. They throw road blocks up to make it as difficult as possible. Thats why we had a system where southern states had to get federal approval for any changes in election laws.

Reply
 
 
Jul 20, 2021 13:58:36   #
WinkyTink
 
I have no problem with any person legally eligible to vote, within the confines or current voter laws in place at their location.

I'm curious how you think Barrack Hussein O'bama was elected to President twice?

BTW, I'm a Trump cultist, white supremacist, racist terrorist...... for the liberals tell me so.

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 14:26:56   #
American Vet
 
saltwind 78 wrote:
American, There is no threat to our election system. The Trump cult doesn't like minority voters to vote. They throw road blocks up to make it as difficult as possible. Thats why we had a system where southern states had to get federal approval for any changes in election laws.


Specify exactly what 'roadblocks'. I keep hearing that but it ends up being 'voter ID is racists'.

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 16:18:29   #
working class stiff Loc: N. Carolina
 
American Vet wrote:
Gerrymandering??
https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-hate-gerrymanderingexcept-when-they-get-to-do-it
https://election.princeton.edu/2017/08/23/democratic-partisan-gerrymanders-1972-present/
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-democrats-gerrymandering-redistricting/2021/02/22/id/1011014/

Electoral College. Educate yourself about why it exists and has worked well for 250 years.

Voting restrictions? Yes - requiring protection for the vote is really restrictive. Why are progressive/leftists so opposed to election integrity?
Gerrymandering?? br https://www.thedailybeast.com/... (show quote)


Yes gerrymandering. The whole purpose of that practice is to dilute the vote of the party not in power. For example, in NC more votes are cast for Democrats in state elections, yet SOMEHOW our Representatives are 10 to 3 Republicans. Democratic gerrymandering is just wrong as Republican. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I know why the electoral college exists and it's history: it was the compromise extracted by the small states to give them equal voice in the Senate to the large states. That is the very definition of giving the minority votes more power than the majority. It has worked very well for small and rural states, not so much the larger urbanized states.

The vote is already protected. What you meant to say was that any vote your candidate does not win means the voting is 'stolen'. Your insistence, without proof or evidence, that the loser of the last presidential election really won is just another way of saying that the minority should rule.

It isn't the left that has contempt for the masses. It is the right that calls democracy 'mob rule'.

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 16:41:46   #
WinkyTink
 
working class stiff wrote:
Yes gerrymandering. The whole purpose of that practice is to dilute the vote of the party not in power. For example, in NC more votes are cast for Democrats in state elections, yet SOMEHOW our Representatives are 10 to 3 Republicans. Democratic gerrymandering is just wrong as Republican. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I know why the electoral college exists and it's history: it was the compromise extracted by the small states to give them equal voice in the Senate to the large states. That is the very definition of giving the minority votes more power than the majority. It has worked very well for small and rural states, not so much the larger urbanized states.

The vote is already protected. What you meant to say was that any vote your candidate does not win means the voting is 'stolen'. Your insistence, without proof or evidence, that the loser of the last presidential election really won is just another way of saying that the minority should rule.

It isn't the left that has contempt for the masses. It is the right that calls democracy 'mob rule'.
Yes gerrymandering. The whole purpose of that pra... (show quote)



If gerrymandering is so horrible, perhaps you sensitive leftist ought to lay back and let what will be, what will be.

Electoral College - you would be more correct if you used "more populated" states instead of large states. It was not "extracted," it wazS granted as condition to joining the Union. Do you propose to welch on that agreement?

I, as well as you should maintain some stfu on election fraud as the question continues to be investigated by serious people.

I don't see that the left has contempt for the masses. I think they want to depend on big government to manage all aspects of their lives including free cheese. I think that the right envisions the light of freedom, individual responsibility, pursuit of happiness coupled with law and order. I see BLM et al as mob rioting!

Reply
 
 
Jul 20, 2021 16:47:38   #
American Vet
 
working class stiff wrote:
Yes gerrymandering. The whole purpose of that practice is to dilute the vote of the party not in power. For example, in NC more votes are cast for Democrats in state elections, yet SOMEHOW our Representatives are 10 to 3 Republicans. Democratic gerrymandering is just wrong as Republican. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I know why the electoral college exists and it's history: it was the compromise extracted by the small states to give them equal voice in the Senate to the large states. That is the very definition of giving the minority votes more power than the majority. It has worked very well for small and rural states, not so much the larger urbanized states.

The vote is already protected. What you meant to say was that any vote your candidate does not win means the voting is 'stolen'. Your insistence, without proof or evidence, that the loser of the last presidential election really won is just another way of saying that the minority should rule.

It isn't the left that has contempt for the masses. It is the right that calls democracy 'mob rule'.
Yes gerrymandering. The whole purpose of that pra... (show quote)


Your comment was "The right's reliance on gerrymandering": So why do you specify 'the right' when you also agree both sides are 'guilty'?

Your comment "it was the compromise extracted by the small states to give them equal voice in the Senate to the large states. That is the very definition of giving the minority votes more power than the majority" is contradictory. First "equal voice" then "more power than". The EC is operating just the way it was designed.

"The vote is already protected": That is debatable - and that is what all the turmoil/discussion is currently about.

For you to comment about "your candidate" is silly because you do not know who I voted for - or if I even voted.

But I believe that the vote needs to be above reproach in all respects. And I do not know how that can be done without:
1) Absolute proof the person is eligible to vote.
2) The person casting the ballot is absolutely the person registered to vote.

Do you disagree?

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 18:28:00   #
1alpha7
 


I Agree!

You may have seen this.
Hannity gives Biden (The Leftist Leader) a six-month report card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54si_VagXwg

Reply
Jul 20, 2021 18:51:45   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
wtroxell wrote:
If gerrymandering is so horrible, perhaps you sensitive leftist ought to lay back and let what will be, what will be.

Electoral College - you would be more correct if you used "more populated" states instead of large states. It was not "extracted," it wazS granted as condition to joining the Union. Do you propose to welch on that agreement?

I, as well as you should maintain some stfu on election fraud as the question continues to be investigated by serious people.

I don't see that the left has contempt for the masses. I think they want to depend on big government to manage all aspects of their lives including free cheese. I think that the right envisions the light of freedom, individual responsibility, pursuit of happiness coupled with law and order. I see BLM et al as mob rioting!
If gerrymandering is so horrible, perhaps you sens... (show quote)


Well dude, here’s the bad news… you’re paying for it all anyway and getting nothing for it.
Your tax money subsidizes everything you buy. It subsidizes every head of lettuce thrown in the trash by big supermarkets.
$6Billion subsidy for already profitable oil company’s.
That should be enough for free gas for everyone.

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 08:03:09   #
Dwbill Loc: Sunvalley,NV
 
American Vet wrote:
Article points out the basic premise of progressive/leftists - certainly demonstrated by those here on OPP - that 'we are just a bit smarter than the average person'.....

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/the_lefts_contempt_for_the_masses.html



Reply
 
 
Jul 21, 2021 13:02:47   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
1alpha7 wrote:
There is a great difference between the Military soldiers & Free Citizens that should be kept and understood.

Years in the military can make adjusting to living in Freedom an inner battle.
Just because the military walks in cadence doesn't mean that all Free Citizens should.

The left wants to rule civilization like the Military... look at them now... will the military be able to protect
a Free Nation when they are taught just the opposite (as the Left wants to implement)?

The Left allows those who burn down cities & businesses, fight police, abuse those who own houses, & agree with Marxism/Communism to walk 'scot free'. They want the Freedom believers in prison or jail... that's communism.

The Right wants to continue Freedom, while the Left wants to enslave, destroy the economy, and dictate!

So, who knows what's best for citizens? The Right or the Destructive Left!
There is a great difference between the Military s... (show quote)


The military is the largest Socialist Republic on the planet. So, starting from there everything you claim is wrong.
The right has no use for freedom. They claim to all the time but every time they should stand up for freedom they can only blame the democrats for something.
I don’t think they really know what freedom is . But more. Only what it’s not.
Anything the Dems stand for is not freedom, it is an ulterior motive to ruin the right.
Anything the Dems stand for is not Liberty . It’s a plan hatched in the middle of the night to ruin the world for the right.
The Dems are incapable of knowing what freedom and Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is. Their only plan is to take power and destroy the world with Marxist,Leninist, Chairman Mao statues on every corner .
Raise your hand if I’m getting close. How stupid can the Dems be ? For actually assuming they are an intricate part of this country, the majority , notwithstanding.
Democracy after all means only one party rule , right ??????


No wait, my bad,

DEMOCRACY :noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.
Log In
de·​moc·​ra·​cy | \ di-ˈmä-krə-sē \
plural democracies

Definition of
Democracy;
1a : government by the people
especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government
3 capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the U.S.
from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy
— C. M. Roberts
4 : the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5 : the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 13:12:36   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
1alpha7 wrote:
I Agree!

You may have seen this.
Hannity gives Biden (The Leftist Leader) a six-month report card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54si_VagXwg


Hannity should stay in his own canoe.

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 14:10:21   #
Army
 
American Vet wrote:
Article points out the basic premise of progressive/leftists - certainly demonstrated by those here on OPP - that 'we are just a bit smarter than the average person'.....

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/the_lefts_contempt_for_the_masses.html


Agree

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 14:16:20   #
woodguru
 
American Vet wrote:
Article points out the basic premise of progressive/leftists - certainly demonstrated by those here on OPP - that 'we are just a bit smarter than the average person'.....

Funny, it's the right that has been led to believe that they are special, smarter, more loyal, are more patriotic and love their country the mostest, basically it amounts to being seriously special in the feeble definition, and prove it by seeing deeper truths in the silliest and stupidest conspiracy theories known to man...

God help us they truly believe trump won the election

Reply
Page <prev 2 of 3 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.