One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
I do not see or understand from a matter of faith the mainstream Christian obsession with The End Times. Pretty silly.
Page 1 of 2 next>
May 4, 2021 19:43:21   #
rumitoid
 
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.

Reply
May 4, 2021 20:12:02   #
Parky60 Loc: Champaign, IL
 
rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)

I think that you've taken one too many bad "trips" with rye bread.

Reply
May 4, 2021 22:39:21   #
Rose42
 
rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)


“Revelation does not belong in the bible”

Once again you mock God and put yourself above him.

There is much you don’t understand about Christianity perhaps because you are self deceived that you are Christian

“Who we are in Christ”. Do you know what that means?

Reply
 
 
May 5, 2021 14:22:52   #
TexaCan Loc: Heart in W Texas - feet on the beach in Al.
 
rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)


The Book Of Revelation
By: Michael Bradley
Last updated on: February 23, 2021

Blessed Are Those Who Read And Study From the Book of Revelation

There are a total of 66 books in our Bible, but there is only one Book that promises some kind of a special blessing for those who will attempt to try and read it and keep the words, revelation, and knowledge that is contained in it – and that one Book is the very last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation.

Why would God single out the very last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation, as the only Book that He will actually say that “blessed” is he who “reads” and “hears” the words of this Book?
For those of you who are not aware of this very profound verse, here it is, word for word:
“BLESSED is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)

Notice this statement is being made right at the very beginning of this Book. Right at the very beginning of this last Book in the Bible, God is officially making the statement that “blessed” will be the man or woman who will attempt to try and read and keep what is in this Book.
If all 66 Books of the Bible are highly anointed and inspired by God Himself, then why is He making the statement that the Book of Revelation is the one Book that will cause someone to become blessed in some way?

When God is making this kind of direct statement right at the very beginning of this Book, He is trying to tell all of us something very important – and that something is that He is really wanting all of us to try and read and assimilate what is in this last Book. Otherwise He would have never made this kind of a direct statement right at the very beginning of it.

Many Christians, including some pastors, are afraid to try and get into this last Book and make an attempt to try and fully understand it.
For some, they feel it is too hard to try and fully understand. For others, it is just too frightening and scary to try and read due to the extreme events that will be taking place in the end times.

They would prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand due to the severe and extreme judgments that will be taking place, as God will be releasing His wrath and fury on this world in a way that the world has never seen before and will never see again.

Not even Hollywood, with all of its special effects capabilities, could even begin to duplicate on the big screen what is going to happen to this world once we enter into the Great Tribulation, which will be the last 7 years on this earth before Jesus comes back to set up His Millennium Kingdom from the city of Jerusalem.
I believe there are three main reasons as to why God is really wanting all of us to read this last Book, and then make an attempt to try and fully grasp and assimilate the knowledge and revelation that is contained in this Book.

1. The first main reason that God is really wanting all of us to read this Book is due to the fact that it is the very last Book of the Bible – it is the very last chapter. It is the climax to our whole story in the Lord. As such, each Christian should know exactly how everything will eventually play out and exactly what our final ending is going to be in the Lord.

Can you imagine reading a good fiction novel, and then all of sudden you quit reading as you get to the last chapter, never finding out what the final ending came out to be? Can you imagine watching an exciting movie on the big screen, and then all of sudden you walk out on the last 10 minutes of the movie never finding out exactly how the movie was going to end?
It’s the exact same way in our walk with the Lord. There will be an eventual end to all of the bad things that keep occurring on this earth on a daily basis. As Christians, we all should know exactly what our final ending is going to be in the Lord and how everything will eventually play out.
Once again, this information and knowledge should be basic 101 knowledge and revelation that should be taught in every single Christian Church – especially with the Lord Himself singling out this Book and the revelation that is contained in it as something that will cause all of His own to become blessed in some way.
If you ask many Christians what the final end of their story in the Lord is going to be, they will tell you that when they die and depart from this earth, they will go straight to heaven and live with God, Jesus, and all of their saved loved ones forever and ever up in heaven.

However, unless you have read from the Book of Revelation and all of the other Scripture verses that pertain to these coming end time events, you will not know that there are two more chapters that will play itself out after you had already died and entered into heaven.
After you have died and entered into heaven, the next thing that will occur is that all of the saints who have been living with Jesus up in heaven will be coming back down with Him to rule this earth during His Millennium Kingdom. This Millennium Kingdom will last 1000 years.
After this 1000 years has passed, the next, last, and final event will be God the Father creating a New Heaven and a New Earth where He will then bring both Himself and the city of New Jerusalem down upon our new earth where He and Jesus will then rule this new earth from this new holy city of Jerusalem for the rest of all eternity.

The Bible tells us that our world is a world that will know no end. Unless you have studied from the Book of Revelation, along with all of the other Scripture verses pertaining to these coming end time events, you would not have been aware of these two remaining chapters.
The heaven where God and Jesus now live in is not going to be our final abode. The New Heaven and New Earth will be our final resting place with the Lord, and this information and knowledge can only be found in the Book of Revelation.

2. The second main reason that each Christian should have basic knowledge on how everything is going to eventually play out and end up is so they can share and transmit this knowledge to other Christians who do not have this knowledge and information under their belt.
Until more churches start to teach on this subject matter, you are going to have many Christians, especially in the times we are living at right now, who are going to be very hungry for information on this topic, and they will seek out teachers who can educate them on this topic.

3. The third main reason that every Christian should be fully armed with knowledge on this topic is because we will never know which generation will be the one that will start to live through these end time events. And once these end time events start to take place, your knowledge on this subject matter and your faith in the Lord will be the only two things that will help get you through some of these horrific events.

You will need to know exactly how everything is going to play out. If you do not, you could easily lose your faith in the Lord due to the extreme activity that will be occurring during these very trying times.
This is why the Lord goes more than overboard in the Bible on this entire subject matter. He wants to give all of us more than enough fair warning on exactly what will be coming down the road so we can properly prepare ourselves to be able to handle all of it once it does start to come our way.

Many teachers who are anointed by the Lord to be teaching on this subject matter in this day and age believe that there is a very good possibility that our current generation may be the generation that will see the return of our Lord back to this earth.

No one obviously knows the exact date of our Lord’s return back to this earth, but there is no question that the end time events prophesied to occur from our Bible are all starting to form out. Only time will tell if our generation will be the one to see our Lord’s visible return back to our earth.

But sooner or later, all of these end time events will eventually occur because our Bible tells us so. As such, each and every Christian should have some basic fundamental knowledge on this part of our walk with the Lord so they cannot only have it for themselves and their own knowledge base in the Lord, but so they can also have it to be able to teach and educate others about it.

Rumi, Christians are in disagreement on several aspects of Revelation.....and that’s OK! It is not a salvation issue! Most of us realize and accept the possibility that we will all be wrong on some of it! If we are saved, we are SAVED and nothing can take us out of the hands of our Savior!

This book is in the Bible because it was put there by God! It is imperative for every Christian to read and study it
In my opinion!

MARANATHA ........Come Dear Lord, Come!

Reply
May 5, 2021 14:38:34   #
TexaCan Loc: Heart in W Texas - feet on the beach in Al.
 
rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)


I’m not throwing stones, Rumi, but you’re ignoring the Words of our Lord and Savior and the words of profits that he chose to go out and spread what he personally taught them in order to teach us! Do you really want to disappoint the one that you claim to love above all else by attempting to rewrite his Instruction Manual! 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you throw out all the scriptures except those on love........it would be a PAMPHLET! 👿

Reply
May 6, 2021 08:09:38   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Yes, Rumitoid, this world is indeed crazy.

This world, under the direction of the god of this age, has lost its mind.

The command of Jesus to "watch," and know the signs of the end times, is most important for that very reason.

It is time to extend Jesus' command to our own beliefs, and align them with what the Bible teaches, and begin watching just as Jesus instructed!

You can't do this, if you happily ignore the book of Revelation, "The Revelation of Jesus to the Apostle John."

In Matthew 24:42, Jesus Christ said, “Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.” He repeated this statement again in Matthew 25:13.

Jesus disciples came to Him a little later, outside the city and asked (verse 3), “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

In verse 4, “...Jesus answered and said to them: 'Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ," and will [spiritually] deceive many.'”

He warned them not to be spiritually deceived. In fact, He warned them again in verses 23-26, “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.
For false Christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
See, I have told you beforehand. Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it.”

In addition to spiritual deception, Christ warned there will be reoccurring traumatic events upon the world scene: “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places” (Matthew 24:6-7).

Accompanying spiritual deception, there will be political and military conflict, as well as the environmental disasters of famine, pestilence and earthquakes. Religious persecution will quickly follow (Matthew 24:9-10). These will not be small localized issues, and verse 8, informs us, “All these are the beginning of sorrows.”

Everything will deteriorate so badly and will be so widespread, that, “unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved…” (Matthew 24:22). This time is referred to as the "great tribulation" in verse 21.

Because we’ve been warned these will be widespread events, the command to "watch" includes being alert to newsworthy events happening in our entire world.

When we see dramatic shifts in the political climate, and see nations solidifying their positions of power, as they prepare for war, we must understand the time approaches; biological warfare and environmental disasters of which we've been warned will add further emphasis that we are in the "end times," - right on the cusp.

In Verse 29, Christ relates the physical signs that will become visible in the heavens: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.”

This should get everyone's attention.

This is immediately after the tribulation (verse 21), and just before His physical return in verse 30: “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” While there will be signs in the heavens before Christ’s return, these occur just prior to His return, accompanied by His army of saints, following the great tribulation.

There is an emphasis to watch once again, in the indispensable book of Revelation.
Jesus Christ speaks of the seven plagues (also called bowls) that will come upon the Earth just prior to His Second Coming.

Revelation 16:15 says, “(“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is he who stays awake and who keeps his clothes [that is, stays spiritually ready for the Lord’s return], so that he will not be naked—spiritually unprepared—and men will not see his shame.”)

Garments, or clothing, are used throughout Revelation as a symbol of spiritual faithfulness. Those who are spiritually faithful - not deceived by false spirituality - are depicted as wearing white robes, or robes that were washed clean with the blood of Jesus Christ (compare Revelation 3:4-5, Revelation 3:18; Revelation 4:4; Revelation 6:11; Revelation 7:13 and Revelation 19:13-16).

This indicates far more than merely searching for signs in the heavens for Christ’s return. We need to remain constantly aware of the events occurring throughout the world and be on guard against seductive religious deception.

The return of Jesus Christ for His body of believers, his "little flock," will happen quickly and unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When the signs in heaven appear, it will be too late if we’ve allowed ourselves to be spiritually deceived by "doctrines of demons" into believing "another gospel," or worshiping "another Jesus," or no Jesus at all.

What we can do now, however, is to obey Jesus' command, "watch."

This direct command from Jesus to "watch" is vitally important. Examine your own beliefs, and their alignment (or lack of) with the Bible's teaching; become obedient to Jesus' instruction, become vigilant, begin watching for the "end time" signs Jesus provided.

...before they manifest themselves by marching off the pages of the book of "The Revelation of Jesus to the Apostle John," and slap you in the face.


rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)

Reply
May 6, 2021 08:25:15   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
Thanks for this excellent entry, TexaCan.

Without the book of Revelation, we would all be almost rudderless in this time that is upon us.

That's possibly why God completed his most excellent Instruction Manual to His sometime dense - created ones with it, in a dynamic spell binding finish.


TexaCan wrote:
The Book Of Revelation
By: Michael Bradley
Last updated on: February 23, 2021

Blessed Are Those Who Read And Study From the Book of Revelation

There are a total of 66 books in our Bible, but there is only one Book that promises some kind of a special blessing for those who will attempt to try and read it and keep the words, revelation, and knowledge that is contained in it – and that one Book is the very last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation.

Why would God single out the very last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation, as the only Book that He will actually say that “blessed” is he who “reads” and “hears” the words of this Book?
For those of you who are not aware of this very profound verse, here it is, word for word:
“BLESSED is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)

Notice this statement is being made right at the very beginning of this Book. Right at the very beginning of this last Book in the Bible, God is officially making the statement that “blessed” will be the man or woman who will attempt to try and read and keep what is in this Book.
If all 66 Books of the Bible are highly anointed and inspired by God Himself, then why is He making the statement that the Book of Revelation is the one Book that will cause someone to become blessed in some way?

When God is making this kind of direct statement right at the very beginning of this Book, He is trying to tell all of us something very important – and that something is that He is really wanting all of us to try and read and assimilate what is in this last Book. Otherwise He would have never made this kind of a direct statement right at the very beginning of it.

Many Christians, including some pastors, are afraid to try and get into this last Book and make an attempt to try and fully understand it.
For some, they feel it is too hard to try and fully understand. For others, it is just too frightening and scary to try and read due to the extreme events that will be taking place in the end times.

They would prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand due to the severe and extreme judgments that will be taking place, as God will be releasing His wrath and fury on this world in a way that the world has never seen before and will never see again.

Not even Hollywood, with all of its special effects capabilities, could even begin to duplicate on the big screen what is going to happen to this world once we enter into the Great Tribulation, which will be the last 7 years on this earth before Jesus comes back to set up His Millennium Kingdom from the city of Jerusalem.
I believe there are three main reasons as to why God is really wanting all of us to read this last Book, and then make an attempt to try and fully grasp and assimilate the knowledge and revelation that is contained in this Book.

1. The first main reason that God is really wanting all of us to read this Book is due to the fact that it is the very last Book of the Bible – it is the very last chapter. It is the climax to our whole story in the Lord. As such, each Christian should know exactly how everything will eventually play out and exactly what our final ending is going to be in the Lord.

Can you imagine reading a good fiction novel, and then all of sudden you quit reading as you get to the last chapter, never finding out what the final ending came out to be? Can you imagine watching an exciting movie on the big screen, and then all of sudden you walk out on the last 10 minutes of the movie never finding out exactly how the movie was going to end?
It’s the exact same way in our walk with the Lord. There will be an eventual end to all of the bad things that keep occurring on this earth on a daily basis. As Christians, we all should know exactly what our final ending is going to be in the Lord and how everything will eventually play out.
Once again, this information and knowledge should be basic 101 knowledge and revelation that should be taught in every single Christian Church – especially with the Lord Himself singling out this Book and the revelation that is contained in it as something that will cause all of His own to become blessed in some way.
If you ask many Christians what the final end of their story in the Lord is going to be, they will tell you that when they die and depart from this earth, they will go straight to heaven and live with God, Jesus, and all of their saved loved ones forever and ever up in heaven.

However, unless you have read from the Book of Revelation and all of the other Scripture verses that pertain to these coming end time events, you will not know that there are two more chapters that will play itself out after you had already died and entered into heaven.
After you have died and entered into heaven, the next thing that will occur is that all of the saints who have been living with Jesus up in heaven will be coming back down with Him to rule this earth during His Millennium Kingdom. This Millennium Kingdom will last 1000 years.
After this 1000 years has passed, the next, last, and final event will be God the Father creating a New Heaven and a New Earth where He will then bring both Himself and the city of New Jerusalem down upon our new earth where He and Jesus will then rule this new earth from this new holy city of Jerusalem for the rest of all eternity.

The Bible tells us that our world is a world that will know no end. Unless you have studied from the Book of Revelation, along with all of the other Scripture verses pertaining to these coming end time events, you would not have been aware of these two remaining chapters.
The heaven where God and Jesus now live in is not going to be our final abode. The New Heaven and New Earth will be our final resting place with the Lord, and this information and knowledge can only be found in the Book of Revelation.

2. The second main reason that each Christian should have basic knowledge on how everything is going to eventually play out and end up is so they can share and transmit this knowledge to other Christians who do not have this knowledge and information under their belt.
Until more churches start to teach on this subject matter, you are going to have many Christians, especially in the times we are living at right now, who are going to be very hungry for information on this topic, and they will seek out teachers who can educate them on this topic.

3. The third main reason that every Christian should be fully armed with knowledge on this topic is because we will never know which generation will be the one that will start to live through these end time events. And once these end time events start to take place, your knowledge on this subject matter and your faith in the Lord will be the only two things that will help get you through some of these horrific events.

You will need to know exactly how everything is going to play out. If you do not, you could easily lose your faith in the Lord due to the extreme activity that will be occurring during these very trying times.
This is why the Lord goes more than overboard in the Bible on this entire subject matter. He wants to give all of us more than enough fair warning on exactly what will be coming down the road so we can properly prepare ourselves to be able to handle all of it once it does start to come our way.

Many teachers who are anointed by the Lord to be teaching on this subject matter in this day and age believe that there is a very good possibility that our current generation may be the generation that will see the return of our Lord back to this earth.

No one obviously knows the exact date of our Lord’s return back to this earth, but there is no question that the end time events prophesied to occur from our Bible are all starting to form out. Only time will tell if our generation will be the one to see our Lord’s visible return back to our earth.

But sooner or later, all of these end time events will eventually occur because our Bible tells us so. As such, each and every Christian should have some basic fundamental knowledge on this part of our walk with the Lord so they cannot only have it for themselves and their own knowledge base in the Lord, but so they can also have it to be able to teach and educate others about it.

Rumi, Christians are in disagreement on several aspects of Revelation.....and that’s OK! It is not a salvation issue! Most of us realize and accept the possibility that we will all be wrong on some of it! If we are saved, we are SAVED and nothing can take us out of the hands of our Savior!

This book is in the Bible because it was put there by God! It is imperative for every Christian to read and study it
In my opinion!

MARANATHA ........Come Dear Lord, Come!
The Book Of Revelation br By: Michael Bradley br L... (show quote)

Reply
 
 
May 6, 2021 09:10:58   #
Rose42
 
Zemirah wrote:
Thanks for this excellent entry, TexaCan.

Without the book of Revelation, we would all be almost rudderless in this time that is upon us.

That's possibly why God completed his most excellent Instruction Manual to His sometime dense - created ones with it, in a dynamic spell binding finish.


Satan is working overtime to prevent people from believing. Sometimes the Word never takes root and other cases it takes years. He’s crafty and he knows scripture and knows how to twist it for his purpose.

Reply
May 7, 2021 09:26:25   #
Zemirah Loc: Sojourner En Route...
 
The entire Bible is God's revelation to man.

As a child, listening to sermons on the book of Revelation (The Revelation of Jesus to the Apostle John), two prophesied end-time signs completely confounded me.

1) End Time prophecy in the Bible places a major focus on Jerusalem in the Tribulation period of the last days, where activity will center on the two witnesses God has placed in Jerusalem.
Revelation 11:3 "And I will give power to My TWO WITNESSES, and they will PROPHESY for 1260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

God will then allow the martyrdom of His two witnesses - by the AntiChrist, for all of the words that the Bible prophets of old obediently prophesied will come to pass.

For three days, the entire world will see the two witnesses who are prophets of God, lying dead in the streets, and the world will rejoice. God's prophets will then be resurrected, and will ascend back into heaven.

Because this event is said to be witnessed by the entire World, I knew as a child, it was as of yet unfulfilled prophecy, just as I know today, that it is still unfulfilled prophecy.

However, because the nations of the world now have satellites capable of broadcasting such an event to every television, computer and mobile device over all the earth, it can now be fulfilled, at the date and time of God's choosing, and, in real time, the post Rapture world can and will watch.

2) Revelation 13:16-18 "The second beast causes all people to be marked on their right hand or forehead. If they do not have the mark of the beast they cannot buy or sell."

When I was a child, the utter physical impossibility of controlling the world's population in such a way was as clear to me, as it was to all of earth's inhabitants.

The second beast, who is the False Prophet of the World Religion (as well as highlighting the nature of unredeemed mankind), also enforces the tyrannical power of the first beast, the AntiChrist [reinforced by Satan], through economic discrimination and deprivation.

It causes all [regardless of social class or influence], both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name, to be able to buy or sell anything unless he has a mark placed (a chip inserted?) to signify his devotion and submission to the beast. The number signifies the name of the beast.

Now, there is no one on earth who does not understand that the unscrupulous government of any nation with a modicum of technological knowledge could begin such a program of control tomorrow...

just as our nation's pets have now, for decades, been routinely chipped with their owner's identity, and can easily be scanned and returned to their owners after becoming lost.

Today, the Word of God should be a foremost source of trusted information in the lives of all who believe that He exists; all those who seek to serve Him.

Instead they are quoting those well published, well advertised TV wannabee false prophets who don't fear God, who don't reverence His word, and who don't understand or believe His prophecies, preferring to twist and pervert God's words to suit their own imagination, their own lusts, their own greed.


rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)

Reply
May 10, 2021 00:00:48   #
Armageddun Loc: The show me state
 
rumitoid wrote:
I might as well start with what is the most controversial part of my argument: Revelation does not belong in the Bible. I am not saying it does not have great spiritual insights or is somehow apostate: it is just crazy. When the Romans went to fight the First Judean Revolt in 70 AD, all their resources were occupied in this attack. Some of their supply lines were left unattended to rot, one of those was a shipment of rye. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. These were eventually shipped to Patmos, where a different John than we know from the Gospels, was a prisoner.He had a stimulating but "bad trip."

A similar thing happened in Salem with the witch trials.

In 1692 the small Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts, was plagued by a sudden and brief cloud of witchcraft accusations. After young girls Betty Parris and Abigail Williams exhibited severe convulsions and other strange symptoms, village doctor William Griggs diagnosed them as having been bewitched. Soon after, other townspeople began showing similar symptoms. That’s when the accusations started flying. The town quickly decided that they were going to search for, and execute, all the witches of Salem. By the end of the trials in May 1693, 19 people had been hanged, one had been crushed by stones, and four had died in prison—all accused of being witches. Three hundred years later, we’re still asking: Did witches really haunt the town of Salem? Or was another devil at work?

Surprisingly, a lot of them can. With the exception of a few events (which are typically attributed to groupthink and the power of suggestion), the behavior exhibited in 1692 fits the bill of rye-induced ergotism. Ergotism forms in rye after a severe winter and a damp spring—conditions that Caporael and other historians claim were present in 1691 and therefore affected the rye harvested for consumption in 1692. After the rye plant contracts ergot, the fungus grows and replaces shoots on the grain with sclerotia. Ergot sclerotia are purple-black growths that contain lysergic acid and ergotamine. Since medical knowledge was sparse, the presence of darker shoots on rye was probably thought to be the product of overexposure to the sun, so it was most likely eaten despite being poisonous.

Once contracted from rye bread, ergotism (also called St. Anthony’s fire) causes severe convulsions, muscle spasms, delusions, the sensation of crawling under the skin, and, in extreme cases, gangrene of the extremities. Severe hallucinations can also be a symptom, as lysergic acid is the substance from which the drug LSD is synthesized. These symptoms were the same as those shown by the accused in Salem: mostly young girls whose immune systems had not fully developed, leaving them susceptible to diseases such as ergotism. The village doctor, being religious and, so the theory goes, unaware of ergotism as a disease, attributed the strange symptoms to a known evil: witchcraft. He claimed that the girls had fallen victim to the evils of witchcraft, and the girls went along with it. The rest of the townsfolk fell victim to suggestibility, and thus the trials commenced, with accusations of witchcraft being targeted at the outcasts of society by those who were afflicted. According to this theory, the abrupt end of the witch trials in May 1693 happened, quite simply, because Salem ran out of ergot-contaminated grain.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-rye-bread-may-have-caused-the-salem-witch-trials

All that scientific mumbo-jumbo aside, we are not to look or fear the future. Who we are this moment in Christ is all that matters. It is not the threat of the End Times that have us witness but the love of Christ. Please throw your stones now.
I might as well start with what is the most contro... (show quote)


Read 2nd Cor. 4:4

Reply
May 12, 2021 19:07:00   #
Michael Rich Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
Revelations has a passage that the 144,000 consists of 12,000 from each tribe of the House of Israel.

Some preachers say that doesn't mean what it says.

But it is a literal number of people...and it says they are virgins not defiled by women.

Someone show me wear it says any others will be standing on a sea of glass.

The rapture seems to be specifically for the 144,000.

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2021 22:00:55   #
Parky60 Loc: Champaign, IL
 
Michael Rich wrote:
Revelations has a passage that the 144,000 consists of 12,000 from each tribe of the House of Israel.

Some preachers say that doesn't mean what it says.

But it is a literal number of people...and it says they are virgins not defiled by women.

Someone show me wear it says any others will be standing on a sea of glass.

The rapture seems to be specifically for the 144,000.

Read Revelation 15:2

Reply
May 13, 2021 00:26:36   #
Michael Rich Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
Parky60 wrote:
Read Revelation 15:2


I don't see where anywhere in chapter15 that changes the number from 144,000.

The Jewish bible "the Old Testament" says that the end is so severe that just a remnant will survive...of Israel.

That seems to somewhat coincide with such a small number of 144,000.

I don't claim to be a theological genius either.

Reply
May 13, 2021 08:34:06   #
Parky60 Loc: Champaign, IL
 
Michael Rich wrote:
I don't see where anywhere in chapter15 that changes the number from 144,000.

The Jewish bible "the Old Testament" says that the end is so severe that just a remnant will survive...of Israel.

That seems to somewhat coincide with such a small number of 144,000.

I don't claim to be a theological genius either.

You mentioned, “Someone show me wear it says any others will be standing on a sea of glass.”

Revelation 13:16-17
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 15:2
2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.

These verses clearly indicate that those who lose their lives in the Great Tribulation because they choose not to take the mark of the Beast or bow before the image are the ones on the sea of glass.

Reply
May 13, 2021 12:47:28   #
Michael Rich Loc: Lapine Oregon
 
Parky60 wrote:
You mentioned, “Someone show me wear it says any others will be standing on a sea of glass.”

Revelation 13:16-17
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 15:2
2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.

These verses clearly indicate that those who lose their lives in the Great Tribulation because they choose not to take the mark of the Beast or bow before the image are the ones on the sea of glass.
You mentioned, “Someone show me wear it says any o... (show quote)


Rev. 7:3-8 and Rev. 14:1-5....i still don't find where the number exceeds 144, 000.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Faith, Religion, Spirituality
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.