One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
Thoughts - Childhood revisited
May 2, 2021 23:00:29   #
Canuckus Deploracus Loc: North of the wall
 
Good times



Reply
May 3, 2021 00:48:05   #
proud republican Loc: RED CALIFORNIA
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Good times


: Sling Shot!

Reply
May 3, 2021 06:29:53   #
Big dog
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Good times


🐎💩= hand granade

Reply
 
 
May 3, 2021 07:24:57   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
We made our own sling shots and inner tube band guns. The best inner tubes were the red ones from before they had synthetic rubber. Man I just dated myself.

Reply
May 3, 2021 13:52:30   #
Peewee Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Good times


I'd take the gun and shoot the other six weapon holders. Pick up the magic wand and vanish. But that's just me.

Reply
May 4, 2021 01:13:33   #
DotsMan
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
We made our own sling shots and inner tube band guns. The best inner tubes were the red ones from before they had synthetic rubber. Man I just dated myself.


You must be as old as I am!!

Reply
May 4, 2021 07:29:31   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
DotsMan wrote:
You must be as old as I am!!


Ahh you remember how good the red rubber inner tubes were

Reply
 
 
May 6, 2021 23:48:44   #
nonalien1 Loc: Mojave Desert
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
Ahh you remember how good the red rubber inner tubes were


They were rare in my day . But cherished. They stretched further snapped back harder and didn't have to be so wide. Best thing till surgical tubing came along.

Reply
May 7, 2021 00:57:34   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
nonalien1 wrote:
They were rare in my day . But cherished. They stretched further snapped back harder and didn't have to be so wide. Best thing till surgical tubing came along.


You know it. We were still getting them in 1962.

Reply
May 7, 2021 10:50:11   #
nonalien1 Loc: Mojave Desert
 
Coos Bay Tom wrote:
You know it. We were still getting them in 1962.


I dug some up at an old bottle dump in the desert. Brought back memories

Reply
May 7, 2021 20:17:31   #
Coos Bay Tom Loc: coos bay oregon
 
nonalien1 wrote:
I dug some up at an old bottle dump in the desert. Brought back memories



Reply
 
 
May 7, 2021 22:58:14   #
FallenOak Loc: St George Utah
 
Canuckus Deploracus wrote:
Good times


You missed what we used. We got long bamboo poles and shucked the leaves. They were our lances. I think lances are to be used to stab other riders with but we swung them about and pounded on each other trying to knock our opponent off their horse.

Reply
May 8, 2021 03:40:53   #
nonalien1 Loc: Mojave Desert
 
FallenOak wrote:
You missed what we used. We got long bamboo poles and shucked the leaves. They were our lances. I think lances are to be used to stab other riders with but we swung them about and pounded on each other trying to knock our opponent off their horse.


with real horses

Reply
May 8, 2021 03:45:24   #
nonalien1 Loc: Mojave Desert
 
nonalien1 wrote:
with real horses


That was supposed to be a question

Reply
May 8, 2021 09:47:39   #
FallenOak Loc: St George Utah
 
nonalien1 wrote:
with real horses


Yes! My brother and I had quarter horses. Most of the neighbor kids had horses too.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-political talk)
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.