One Political Plaza - Home of politics
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Masters staying in Georgia . ...
Page <prev 2 of 4 next> last>>
Apr 7, 2021 18:49:58   #
plumbob Loc: Common Sense USA
 
proud republican wrote:
I'm really not Baseball fan,but I'm for sports should stay out of politics ! !PERIOD!


Neither am i since they turned it into a business from being a game.

Apr 7, 2021 18:53:57   #
plumbob Loc: Common Sense USA
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Golfing is a white boys game.


Do you want to tell these guys they are white? Would you also like see more names. Get your facts straight.

Charlie Sifford. Not only was Charlie Sifford the first African American to play on the PGA Tour, but he also won the Greater Hartford Open in 1967 and the ...
Lee Elder. Lee Elder is best remembered for becoming the first African-American to play in the Masters Tournament in 1975.
Calvin Peete. ...
Althea Gibson. ...
Renee Powell. ...
Ted Rhodes. ...
Pete Brown. ...

Apr 7, 2021 20:37:27   #
Milosia2 Loc: Cleveland Ohio
 
plumbob wrote:
Do you want to tell these guys they are white? Would you also like see more names. Get your facts straight.

Charlie Sifford. Not only was Charlie Sifford the first African American to play on the PGA Tour, but he also won the Greater Hartford Open in 1967 and the ...
Lee Elder. Lee Elder is best remembered for becoming the first African-American to play in the Masters Tournament in 1975.
Calvin Peete. ...
Althea Gibson. ...
Renee Powell. ...
Ted Rhodes. ...
Pete Brown. ...
Do you want to tell these guys they are white? Wou... (show quote)


So, then ....six ?

My apologies, I should’ve said predominately white.
Uppity white high schools have Golf in their curriculum. Not very many black schools or colleges have Golf in their curriculum.

 
 
Apr 8, 2021 07:25:57   #
wilpharm
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Golfing is a white boys game.


so what!!!!

Apr 8, 2021 07:51:49   #
plumbob Loc: Common Sense USA
 
Milosia2 wrote:
So, then ....six ?

My apologies, I should’ve said predominately white.
Uppity white high schools have Golf in their curriculum. Not very many black schools or colleges have Golf in their curriculum.


Really? You want me to do your searching for you. Of course there are more then 6 noted black golfers. Have you even been to a course lately?

Personally i can find something better to do besides wait behind people for 5 - 6 hours while they take practice swings to hit the ball 20 yards.

Apr 8, 2021 08:03:02   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
CarryOn wrote:
Huh ..... a lot of former NFL, NBA, and MLB fans sayin' the same thing these days ...


Truth!!

Apr 8, 2021 08:03:45   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
Milosia2 wrote:
Golfing is a white boys game.


Racist....

 
 
Apr 8, 2021 08:20:37   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
proud republican wrote:
Golf will stay in Georgia . ... Bravo , good for them!!!! They're not cowards unlike MLB !!! .......I may start watching Golf !



Mannford is an idiot and now takes the heat for it too~~

Colorados laws are more restrictive than the changes made in Georgia...Which are not as media and the dems claim anyway...

While it's true that Colorado has fewer in-person voting days compared with Georgia, there is also less demand for those days because voting is done predominantly by mail. Voters in Colorado rarely encounter lines because each registered voter receives a ballot 15 to 20 days before the election, which the person can send back or leave at a secure drop box.

Colorado also requires voter ID only when voters register for the first time and whenever they vote in person, but not for mail-in ballots. The state also accepts 16 forms of identification, compared with Georgia's six.

Politics and sports do not mix and as this BS continued more will boycott them!!

They’ve lost plenty of money already with the virus shut downs and are going to lose more.~~People have become a custom to not attending sports events anymore so it’s not gonna be as difficult as simply completely walk away from them. I hope they lose all their money and have to file bankruptcy at this rate! I won’t even buy their seller fan products now and as I learn their sponsors, stay away from them too... Will my little show of protest do anything, hardly, but the more People stand up to this type of BS the more it will be felt.

Apr 8, 2021 09:05:04   #
plumbob Loc: Common Sense USA
 
lindajoy wrote:
Mannford is an idiot and now takes the heat for it too~~

Colorados laws are more restrictive than the changes made in Georgia...Which are not as media and the dems claim anyway...

While it's true that Colorado has fewer in-person voting days compared with Georgia, there is also less demand for those days because voting is done predominantly by mail. Voters in Colorado rarely encounter lines because each registered voter receives a ballot 15 to 20 days before the election, which the person can send back or leave at a secure drop box.

Colorado also requires voter ID only when voters register for the first time and whenever they vote in person, but not for mail-in ballots. The state also accepts 16 forms of identification, compared with Georgia's six.

Politics and sports do not mix and as this BS continued more will boycott them!!

They’ve lost plenty of money already with the virus shut downs and are going to lose more.~~People have become a custom to not attending sports events anymore so it’s not gonna be as difficult as simply completely walk away from them. I hope they lose all their money and have to file bankruptcy at this rate! I won’t even buy their seller fan products now and as I learn their sponsors, stay away from them too... Will my little show of protest do anything, hardly, but the more People stand up to this type of BS the more it will be felt.
Mannford is an idiot and now takes the heat for it... (show quote)


You got that right. Orioles opening day here tomorrow and the consensus is: ( who cares ). News people are building it up but from old birds fans that i know, it is just another day

Apr 8, 2021 09:20:32   #
lindajoy Loc: right here with you....
 
plumbob wrote:
You got that right. Orioles opening day here tomorrow and the consensus is: ( who cares ). News people are building it up but from old birds fans that i know, it is just another day


Good for them!!!

Starting to hear lots of rumble here about Polis’’ move in bringing the game here in the midst of fighting down the covid numbers.. Some concern over that, if you but it to begin with😣..

More people are saying its BS and not bothering with it other than the traffic mess it will make.. Not too happy...

Apr 8, 2021 11:59:59   #
Carol Kelly
 
proud republican wrote:
I strongly believe that Sports just like Entertainment SHOULD stay out of politics!


I agree.

 
 
Apr 8, 2021 12:44:37   #
maryla
 
proud republican wrote:
Golf will stay in Georgia . ... Bravo , good for them!!!! They're not cowards unlike MLB !!! .......I may start watching Golf !


Good news, Georgia is a beautiful state with beautiful golf courses!!

Apr 8, 2021 15:08:39   #
Sonny Magoo Loc: If you ain't Dutch you ain't much.
 
proud republican wrote:
Golf will stay in Georgia . ... Bravo , good for them!!!! They're not cowards unlike MLB !!! .......I may start watching Golf !


Good game for men in kilts ❗

Apr 8, 2021 15:19:53   #
microphor
 
proud republican wrote:
I'm really not Baseball fan,but I'm for sports should stay out of politics ! !PERIOD!


I was a big baseball fan, raised a fan but not anymore. Dont know of any sport, actor/actress, performer, politician that I will sacrifice my beliefs for.

Apr 8, 2021 15:51:01   #
ChJoe
 
Milosia2 wrote:
So, then ....six ?

My apologies, I should’ve said predominately white.
Uppity white high schools have Golf in their curriculum. Not very many black schools or colleges have Golf in their curriculum.


And who's fault is that? And why are there all black colleges now?

Page <prev 2 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
OnePoliticalPlaza.com - Forum
Copyright 2012-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.